March 29, 2024, 09:59:19 AM

Author Topic: Q&A Alvin Corneal  (Read 4706 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Q&A Alvin Corneal
« on: June 30, 2005, 08:26:54 AM »
Flex is there a possibility you or anyone can get a personal interview with Alvin i think it will be good for this forum.We can put together some questions like:
    What's his best eleven?
    What sort of system he think is best for the team?
    What he thinks of the progress the team have made so far?
    What ideas does he have for the improvement of T&T Football?
    What is his position in FIFA/TTFF?
    People of the opinion he's always negative (true/false)
      Common things ppl would like to know from him.
           (everything here is to do with T&T Football) 

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Q&A Alvin Corneal
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 08:48:43 AM »
Flex is there a possibility you or anyone can get a personal interview with Alvin i think it will be good for this forum.We can put together some questions like:
    What's his best eleven?
    What sort of system he think is best for the team?
    What he thinks of the progress the team have made so far?
    What ideas does he have for the improvement of T&T Football?
    What is his position in FIFA/TTFF?
    People of the opinion he's always negative (true/false)
      Common things ppl would like to know from him.
           (everything here is to do with T&T Football) 

In my opinion AC is a good example of what is BAD about TnT football. Pass the blame and excuses!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 10:13:29 AM »
Brilliant Jumbie- I would prefer Bertille and Gally. I see a man talking up Portas.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 10:20:10 AM »
FUNNY get the sense Alvin not well liked in this forum and possibly TT on the whole but this man does get big respect outside TT. the man well known name huge. Most coaches abroad know alvin.  Why is that?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 10:46:34 AM »
FUNNY get the sense Alvin not well liked in this forum and possibly TT on the whole but this man does get big respect outside TT. the man well known name huge. Most coaches abroad know alvin.  Why is that?
I don't think anyone else in the World know Alvin as well as we do.I think our Football needs ppl like Alvin he has a wealth of knowledge about this game,all i'm trying to do is understand where he is coming from when he makes certain statements,weather it's negative or he's just being misunderstood.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 11:14:33 AM »

In my opinion AC is a good example of what is BAD about TnT football. Pass the blame and excuses!

Junbie, could you please elaborate on the above statement?

Offline Maradona7

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 11:20:06 AM »
AC is not a recoginsed TnT coach, he only plays that role at home. To me its a waste of time to even consider an interview with him. He's not good for TnT football, who ever thinks that AC should have a say in TnT football should be banned from this forum because they know nothing about what really goes on behing the scenes.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 11:49:28 AM »
i ain't passing no judgement on if AC good for TT football or not-but for real only 1 coach in TT more known than alvin on the outside and that is Beenhaker.  why is that maybe cause all them courses and certificates he took and taught way back in the day and still does to this day. paper wise qualifications ONLY no local even close to what tha man have.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 11:54:51 AM »
AC is not a recoginsed TnT coach, he only plays that role at home. To me its a waste of time to even consider an interview with him. He's not good for TnT football, who ever thinks that AC should have a say in TnT football should be banned from this forum because they know nothing about what really goes on behing the scenes.
I might be wrong but i'm around a long time and Alvin have always had a had in T&T Football,we don't know much about him because he was always behind the scenes,at one time he was even head Coach of our National team,he was Jack Warner personal adviser if i'm not mistaken he still is.If you know something that i don't i'm in for it.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 12:06:22 PM »
ah always heard folks say alvin have something on jack -is it rumor?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 12:39:56 PM »
ah always heard folks say alvin have something on jack -is it rumor?
That isn't rumour,that's fact.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 12:42:47 PM »
how so ?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 12:57:42 PM »
how so ?
I will not go into any details but just to give you a hint,you think Lincoln,Bertil,Anton come back here just so,those are Alvin's boys.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 01:06:55 PM »
Oh lawd.....fellas what going on here.  Ah had to jump in.  Here is my take on Alvin.  The man is a good coach, however, he is an awful selector.  Meaning, he knows his stuff but whenever he coached he would always selector friends and family.  See Anton Corneal as probably the youngest person to ever suit up for the TNT national team at the tender age of 16..

With that said the man does have a lot of ideas and he is very well respected outside of T&T regardless of what anyone on this forum says.

Arimian to meh heart

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 01:16:20 PM »
exactly arimaman the man big on the outside. regardless of what the man have on jack or havelange or blatter mother in law- the man have nuff qualifications-fifa ain't go take a clown with a USSF Z license with no idea and put him on they technical committee and have him as an instructor.

I personally would not have him as a national senior coach .but in truth tt have nuff coach who is bad selectors.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 01:17:17 PM »
i thought marcelle was the youngest though

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2005, 01:17:53 PM »
Oh lawd.....fellas what going on here.  Ah had to jump in.  Here is my take on Alvin.  The man is a good coach, however, he is an awful selector.  Meaning, he knows his stuff but whenever he coached he would always selector friends and family.  See Anton Corneal as probably the youngest person to ever suit up for the TNT national team at the tender age of 16..

With that said the man does have a lot of ideas and he is very well respected outside of T&T regardless of what anyone on this forum says.

Sorry Arimaman,

but ppl. only say that about Anton becz the Coach was his father.

Anton was a boss player Coaches continued to select for the next 12 odd years after his national debut.

Gally thought enough of him to select him for the Strike Squad, until he and Skeene buss a cuss in Gally ass in a training camp in P. Rico...and then he had a little hiatus from the national set up :)

When Alvin was mentioned as TD after Porter's sacking everybody was loving his ideas. But when Alvin say he didn't want Vranes as part of the set up they dump he ass.

Bear in mind back in the 80s Alvin openly backed the Suite brothers against Jack and was then declared "persona non grata" by FIFA.

Alvin have his faults but he has had some good points too.

Alvin has always been willing to blood young talent. I remember Ronnie Simmons and some other College fellas making they debut while still in highschool vs. Barbados. The press criticised, but these were prodigies and against modes international opposition they held their own.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2005, 01:18:42 PM »
i thought marcelle was the youngest though

Anton was the youngest, until Marcelle came along.

VB

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2005, 01:22:23 PM »
vb big historian boss- vs barbados night bert neptune break he leg.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2005, 02:18:03 PM »
Lets put it this way.....

If Alvin had he way....Birchall woulda be back in England, Nigel Pierre would be we startin forward, Anton Pierre would be we startin centre back, and Anton Corneal woulda be T&T head coach.  Den when we get 6 in we pweffen he woulda write a article talkin bout how it wasn't so bad and de team did actually perform better dan de result.

For all the big coach Alvin is.....and his knowledge of the game is rivaled by few in CONCACAF.....he has never achieved anything as a coach.  Not at the club level, not abroad, not at youth level, not at the national senior team level.

So yuh have all dis knowledge and cyah seem to translate knowledge into bein effective.  Not only dat, but when others doin sumting, yuh cry and fight dem down.

He run Jan Zawatski outta town after Zawatski had jes tek Holland to de WC in 74.

He run Simoes

He criticise & undermine every ting dat doh have Alvin Corneal stamp of approval on it. 

So wha dat sayin bout de man?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 02:22:32 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 02:38:15 PM »
I will not question Alvin Corneal's football knowledge, coaching qualifications and playing experience/success. Probably there is no one in local football who can compete with him when you combine all those areas.  However, in terms of coaching at the national level and the overall development of football in TnT, AC has not done much except criticise everyone.  One can argue that a lot of Alcons players got scholarships to US colleges, but other than that he has not done much besides his coaching school (The same can be said about a lot of other coaches).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 02:48:09 PM by real madness »

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 02:44:08 PM »
is alvin the only local coach that does criticise?
is he the only one that never achieve much as coach?

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 02:47:42 PM »

Note i said the same can be said about other coaches.  So at the end of the day, it does not matter who said what.  Everyone has their flaws.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2005, 02:49:44 PM »
football king what dotishness yuh torkin?

Jeffrey Dahmer is de only one dat kill people?

KND is de only one does talk tata?

Dat is some kinda excuse....."is he de only one?"

Wha?  dat mek it ok?

Steupes
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2005, 02:59:58 PM »
never say it ok i said personally i would not have the man coaching any team and i have my reasons from my dealings with the man. i just saying qualifications wise he up there(does not guarantee success) and the points you give against the man valid, but apply to majority of tt coaches.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2005, 03:04:21 PM »

Note i said the same can be said about other coaches.  So at the end of the day, it does not matter who said what.  Everyone has their flaws.

madness sorry somehow did not see yuh last line there bro

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 03:11:09 PM »
never say it ok i said personally i would not have the man coaching any team and i have my reasons from my dealings with the man. i just saying qualifications wise he up there(does not guarantee success) and the points you give against the man valid, but apply to majority of tt coaches.

How do you measure the success and quality of a coach????  I would think by wins not experience.

Offline soccerdaddy

• New Warrior
  • Quite Respectable Chap
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2005, 03:28:49 PM »
Whenever an individual can invoke so much chatter from a message board it means only one thing. He is a controversial figure. Some people think he's good others think he is not. Given that the man have nuff credentials and holding down a post with FIFA, it means he has satisfied the necessary people.

That said, up until recently JW probably would have warranted the same amount of bile from members on this board. However he has brought in Beenie man, the team looking good and world cup prospects have everybody excited. Another case of what have you done for me lately. I think there are people out there who have played for the man and should be able to vouch for his abilities as a coach. Let them speak up. Everybody else, remember what they say about opinions.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 03:30:41 PM by soccerdaddy »
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2005, 03:45:51 PM »
Guys sorry if my topic causing any friction but i would have rather hear from Alvin.Never mind this going on here sounding good.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2005, 02:50:22 AM »
Palos,

to say Alvin has acxhieved nothing at any level is a bit of an exagerration.

In the early 80s as national Coach he took TT to the Caribbena title pounding 7 goals past PR in the final.

He has given many opportunitties to players through ALCONS and did take Fatima to the national Intercol title in 1979.

Now I eh saying he is a superstar..but doh say he man has achieved nothing.

And I have a feeling if you look at his coaching stints abroad in the US he may have won some hardward there as well.

Peace,
VB

1]; } ?>