March 28, 2024, 04:41:24 AM

Author Topic: rihana?  (Read 2647 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
rihana?
« on: October 11, 2006, 10:08:28 AM »
today mi wifee told me she have a track fi mi tuh hear.  Mi wifee tellin mi bout de track wicked nuh rass .. so mi say run de chune fi mi.. well is sum gal call rihana from barbados or sumthin,  any way she did a remix for "roll it gal"  trus mi de track is a nice party chune ..de ting sound grammy ..mi nuh lie.. Mi nuh innah dem kind a water dung carribean music  but de track sounds great .
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: rihana?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 06:58:35 AM »
She get discovered by Jay-z when he was around the carribbean a couple years ago

You should google she...pretty red ting wit ah massive forehead...
if she butt yuh..yuh DONE

Decent voice,, not my style of music though

I hope she continues to do well...maybe one day she go wukk-up she self while accepting a grammy
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 08:03:10 AM »
She get discovered by Jay-z when he was around the carribbean a couple years ago

You should google she...pretty red ting wit ah massive forehead...
if she butt yuh..yuh DONE

Decent voice,, not my style of music though

I hope she continues to do well...maybe one day she go wukk-up she self while accepting a grammy
what gayZ moving like columbus ...he discovering people..  here is a link for the track ..check it dutty it wicked..
http://kutonthaman.podOmatic.com/entry/2006-08-30T08_28_41-07_00
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 08:05:37 AM by warmonga »
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 08:52:26 AM »
Snow in chicago bredrin

Time to put away that V8
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 08:59:19 AM »
Snow in chicago bredrin

Time to put away that V8
yes star I drove dem last weekened but now they park coverd in the garage .. the sun hot outside and snow falling mi nuh understan chicago bredda , mi nuh understan chicago at all.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
 check de link I send there wid de chune .. wey yu think bout it E ? I feal sey it sound decent..

war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 10:42:54 AM »
dat choon arrite

not really my style...but say wha,, she go eat well if de career contunue

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 06:38:17 PM »
Rihanna has a mediocre voice at best.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 08:01:14 PM »
it sounding arite...but de machel alison hinds version a lot better IMO  :beermug:.....

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 02:13:28 PM »
Typical example of gud song gone bad. steups :notlistening:

ah cyah believe dey frig up ah boss song so. de best version is de machel and alison hinds :thumbsup:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 03:54:17 PM »
it sounding arite...but de machel alison hinds version a lot better IMO :beermug:.....

the US does thief too much people music, dey started it from pan africanism to rum and coca cola and pan de other day >:(

dred soca is sample and tief every other genre of music, so the U.S. could tief a likkle ting if dey want  ;D

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 06:21:46 AM »
na man I have a serious version of that track .. its an indian version staring an artist called Juggy D ..de track wicked .. Macheal mix wid her is Junk .. I have a mp3version of the Indian mix .. tell mi how to post it so you guys can hear it and I will..
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 07:08:08 AM »
it sounding arite...but de machel alison hinds version a lot better IMO :beermug:.....

the US does thief too much people music, dey started it from pan africanism to rum and coca cola and pan de other day >:(

dred soca is sample and tief every other genre of music, so the U.S. could tief a likkle ting if dey want  ;D
what a first time mi hear soca a thief people music.. I taught soca was the upgrade version of Calypso Like how There was rockers..dubb ..reggae.. and now dancehall . I aint  know soca thiefing people music now..  I aint Know if I misunderstanding yu or I just high.. Maybe TI and my good friend Socapro could straighten this out fi mi.. Mi confuse now.. Soca artist thiefing people music yu saying?..
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 09:16:19 AM »

what a first time mi hear soca a thief people music.. I taught soca was the upgrade version of Calypso Like how There was rockers..dubb ..reggae.. and now dancehall . I aint  know soca thiefing people music now..  I aint Know if I misunderstanding yu or I just high.. Maybe TI and my good friend Socapro could straighten this out fi mi.. Mi confuse now.. Soca artist thiefing people music yu saying?..
war..

nah man yuh misunderstand meh....i not insulting soca's origins/berating it at all...

soca music in my blood breds so doh get meh wrong...i not putting down de music at all....

i just saying that IMO there a lot of soca tunes which sample other genres of music....i doh see nutting wrong with dat though

a few examples:

rupee sampled coldplay song "clocks" with the song "hands" in 2005,

last year's roadmarch "band of de year" sampled the melody in enya's song "caribbean blue"..

they have plenty other examples dred....yuh ever hear rupee new song "frenzy"...that sample some techno song.....

1]; } ?>