April 24, 2024, 06:12:14 AM

Author Topic: Yorke set to quit Trinidad side  (Read 3492 times)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke set to quit Trinidad side
« on: October 09, 2006, 06:34:04 AM »
BBC.CO.UK

Yorke set to quit Trinidad side  

Yorke skippered his country at the 2006 World Cup finals
Sunderland striker Dwight Yorke looks to have played his last game for Trinidad and Tobago.
The 34-year-old is one of 13 players in dispute with the national federation over payments owed from the World Cup.

T&T skipper Yorke issued a statement on behalf of the players who went to the 2006 finals in Germany.

It said: "We would like to announce our consideration to retire from international football immediately after our next two games."

Yorke, who scored in Saturday's 5-0 win over St Vincent/Grenadines, added: "We all recognise the fact that retirement must come to us all.

"But we certainly didn't anticipate this decision, especially following so hot on the heels of what has been our proudest and most memorable achievements in the game this summer.

"We cannot see how we can build on anything if the contracts that we enter into are not worth the paper they are written on. It is for these reasons we now feel the need to say 'goodbye' to the international stage."

Yorke returned to England on Sunday after agreeing with Black Cats manager Roy Keane that he would not play in Wednesday's friendly against Panama ahead of Sunderland's trip to Preston at the weekend.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke set to quit Trinidad side
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 06:39:40 AM »
Look for the British media to blow this up & for the clubs to use this as an extra excuse not to wish to release our players for future friendly or even tournament games.
One more excuse for the clubs not to have any respect for our federation with regards to releasing our players!

The TTFF is an international embarrassment to us all!  :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 06:42:55 AM »
I cyar get tie up when I read this "consideration to retire"
dem fellas needed to wakee dat 4 car up
was he name
de one wid all de TTFF money
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 07:39:11 AM »
the saga continues with Tnt football.....
Geez, what do we need to get this on track?
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 07:54:26 AM »
The painful truth is that we as trinis and bagonians have to learn (maybe for the first time) that we have to sacrifice and do without convenient pleasures and gratifications in pursuit of a principled stand to end the scourge of soul destroying corruption. If it means no Gold Cup, no World Cup for 4 years while Jamaica makes style on we, than so be it, till we weed out the rot and cancer destroying our football. We must learn to do without temporarily so that we can reap long term.

Thank yo Dwight, Sancho, Tallest, little Birch and all the rest. We know that you are doing it for the country and we are prepared to defend, support you while the charcter assassination against you starts.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 07:58:08 AM »
true dat...this" like to look good first then win " mentality MUST stop.... get the big picture then get the big stage...all in due time....
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 08:08:43 AM »
dis eh go happen
if it does den all i could say is Hard Luck Birchie....yuh get stuck without a country to represent now.......

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 08:49:53 AM »
Warrior till death, what is your recommendation?

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 09:58:53 AM »
Birchie done reap the rewards and pay he dues already. Even if he doh represent the country again he got the exposure he needed and we got a few key goals on that campaign.

I don't think however that the TTFF is going to allow this row to continue.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 10:07:08 AM »
rippin, what move do you expect from the TTFF next? It is true that the football team is a cash cow for them

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 11:04:48 AM »
Look for the British media to blow this up & for the clubs to use this as an extra excuse not to wish to release our players for future friendly or even tournament games.
One more excuse for the clubs not to have any respect for our federation with regards to releasing our players!

The TTFF is an international embarrassment to us all!  :-[

Maybe they should just hand over the reins to Jack. ;D
jjbrown

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 06:44:57 PM »
I believe I commented on this last year, man say(sub, ah think) , bout I  small minded, and to stupid to deal wit progress, and World Cup is everything...etc..etc..well not that sub opinion so important to make meh bring it all up again...but as I said there are more Important things for T&T football development than getting to WC..now look how our football developing or under-developng...we at a crossroads where we may lose all our young future stars, buh say what....forget all dat man...Dem English know we now...money flowing now....we youths get something/goals to shoot for...tourist coming thru and we boys getting tryouts all about.....oh yeah, we dominating the caribbean again(SVG get 5 after givin soooo much trouble....the time to protest was last year, or maybe even before for those who were more in the know...now I go just be ready to help pick-up the pieces, fall where they may .
Players, coach, Government and Adminstration hold Blame....But is long time we wrer aware of where the real issues lay...but WC was more important, now that the Government paid out, Coach paid out or was paid what was required, the players gave what they had, at what cost are we all this better off ? 

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 09:56:03 AM »
rippin, what move do you expect from the TTFF next? It is true that the football team is a cash cow for them

If the foreign based Soca Warriors not playing Jack have no money to make. If Jack can't keep his house in order nobody in Fifa could take him serious. He tief all the ticket money and he trying to rob the people who helping him to make more money. People in Fifa know he cannot be trusted. The man name calling a lil too frequently for him and FIFA to be comfortable. Let this story get exposed world wide and is serious repercussions.

Every situation has a breaking point. The team has rallied the adoration and support of the public. People starting to get interested in the TTFF dealings. This situation rocking the boat and shining light on what really going on. Is one of two things going to happen.  Jack going to pull out like he did with the PFL or he going and put a plaster on the situation and wait for the storm to subside. If Jack pull out all his croneys know it have no money in the immediate future. I expect them to ride too.

Right now I sure they scurrying trying to fix the problem so they could keep they wuk.

Unfortunately I am sure this politics has made Wim very aware of how inept the TTFF is. I can guarantee you we not seeing Beenie again and doh be surprised if Wim jump ship. Between this incident and the match scheduling I can't see any respectable foreign coach wanting this job if vacate the position.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:03:42 AM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 10:27:04 AM »
Rippin, I like your vibes there. Is amazing how I am getting the feeling that people beginning to see Jack's demise or at least a major shake up. Something is going to happen and it is a win win already. :beermug:

1]; } ?>