April 29, 2024, 12:57:18 AM

Author Topic: Why the TTFF and Angostura should not be associated with local football anymore.  (Read 2607 times)

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
While I was in T&T I  did my rounds on the local football circuit, from the pro league to the zonal football leagues.

I saw a lot of teams, playing on fields that were not properly marked, teams turning up short of players, teams playing in mismatched uniforms,no medical kits, the list goes on and on.

It seems that the TTFF and corporate sponsors do not care about the state of local football.

Some communities no longer seem interested in football, as much as they did before.

For instance Arima only have one football team in association football.

No surprise that arima senior comprehensive are not doing well in the SSFL.

The team is called Creek fc, while La Horquetta have got a team as well they are not really
in arima.

The Larry Gomes stadium only has a few hundred people for the pro league games.

Big players like Derek King and Gorian Highley were  not playing at the time i was there.
Derek is injured and Gorian playing d arse.
Derek needs an operation but he could not afford it.

As for Angostura, everybody on this message board should stop drinking dey rum.

They are sponsoring a super league team, phoenix fc which plays in the super league and they have not provided a medical kit for this season.
Phoenix fc has not received a new uniform for four seasons and they are pushing for a place in the proleague next season.

This is the same angostura that threw a big fete or fetes in Germany for the world cup.
They are big time waggonists as i see it.

For anyone that does not know,Phoenix fc  are a team based in Canaan, bon accord, Tobago.
They are coached by Terry Williams, Dwight Yorke's first coach.

I does follow football right through T&T and this team has some good players.
If they were properly sponsored they would go places i am sure.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 06:51:47 AM by rastafari »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Can't disagree with you on anything said!

The TTFF a disgrace and Angostura BIG time wagonist!

We need people who care about the standard of our local football & footballers in charge!  :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile

For anyone that does not know,Phoenix fc  are a team based in Canaan, bon accord, Tobago.

Is this really the case or some new mythology ??? ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
without being privy to the sponsorship and I can only guess, you need to provide more info on the sponsorship.
Our team for instance is sponsored but this comes in the form of money what we do with it is our decision. If we decide to not buy uniforms and use it to reseed the pitch then that is our choice.
Dont we need to know how much they get and what they do with it ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Is this really the case or some new mythology ??? ;D

Doc, ah think what he meant to say was that Terry was his first coach after he primary school coach  :D. However, Terry did play a role in Dwight football career - Dwight played for Phoenix for a little while.

Rastafari correct when he say that Phoenix have talent. They have always been able to attract the natural ones. BSC noted for taking passive ballers and turning them into quality, but Terry known for attracting the naturals.

Terry whole family from he, de wife and he sons dem is talent. Terry is one of the top Tobagonian ballers ever, he sons Leandro and Shelton are quality players (both played for our national youth teams), and he wife played for T&T women cricketers.

Terry is a good coach who doesn't get the recognition, his problem is his managerial skills, it's the main reason why Phoenix have been having financial problems - he doesn't have the organizational skills like BSC and Peter - he has the take little and live long mentality, but he is a true fanatic of this game, ah real Warrior.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
As for Angostura, everybody on this message board should stop drinking dey rum.

They are sponsoring a super league team, phoenix fc which plays in the super league and they have not provided a medical kit for this season.
Phoenix fc has not received a new uniform for four seasons and they are pushing for a place in the proleague next season.

This is the same angostura that threw a big fete or fetes in Germany for the world cup.
They are big time waggonists as i see it.

Hard luck dey bredds, cah abide by that, they rum drinking good

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
[

aaah boy marcus,,you is ah true son of the soil  :D

Serious business and protest is one ting...but doh play up in allyuh backside wit ah man an he rum
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
[

aaah boy marcus,,you is ah true son of the soil  :D

Serious business and protest is one ting...but doh play up in allyuh backside wit ah man an he rum

tell meh this nah dutty, is like de man asking fish to give up water!

is not only de rum, wha bout the bitters!

1]; } ?>