March 29, 2024, 08:56:15 AM

Author Topic: Spann the Man?  (Read 2368 times)

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Spann the Man?
« on: October 09, 2006, 04:06:09 AM »
Ipswich Town are reported to be one of a number of Championship clubs showing an interest in Trinidad and Tobago international Silvio Spann. The 25-year-old, the first Trinidadian to play in Serie A, is out of contract having left Japanese club Yokohama FC in the summer.

Sunderland are said to head the chasing pack with the Blues and Southend also keen on the former Perugia midfielder, who has previously had a trial spell at Sheffield Wednesday. An attempt to move to England a year ago failed due to work permit issues, but this situation is now thought to have been resolved.

The presence of international team-mate Dwight Yorke at the Stadium of Light apparently makes Wearside Spann's preferred destination if he manages to impress manager Roy Keane during a trial. If not, a similar spell at Town could follow.

Spann, described as a hardworking player full of running, was named in the Trinidad and Tobago squad for the World Cup but dropped out due to a hamstring injury.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Spann the Man?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 07:08:44 AM »
is there a source?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 07:17:22 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 07:31:19 AM »
is there a source?
shhhhh easy now

serious ...where the source. Like the man pull this article out his a$$  :devil:
 :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 07:38:34 AM »
How would those permit problems have been resolved?  Spann hasn't played since b4 the WC.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 07:45:15 AM »
How would those permit problems have been resolved?  Spann hasn't played since b4 the WC.

Injury is now an excuse!

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 10:51:06 AM »
The 25-year-old, the first Trinidadian to play in Serie A, is out of contract having left Japanese club Yokohama FC in the summer.

did Spann actually play in Serie A?  I seem to remember he was on loan for much of the time he was contracted to Perugia.

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 03:49:24 PM »
 while i do feel spann has the technical ability to be a consistant professional he must work on hi fitness and work rate on the pitch before he establishes him sefil i wonder if roy keane will be pleased with his defensive work in the middle of the park and his lack of assertiveness on the ball, i also believe spann and hiws advisors need to realise the besththing for him right now is to be playing ,why are so many t&t players out of contract or not training consistantly with their teams?this is a worrying phenomena.spann ,whittley and theobald put your money in the bank forget about it and play some football.you have millions more to make.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 05:37:59 PM »
while i do feel spann has the technical ability to be a consistant professional he must work on hi fitness and work rate on the pitch before he establishes him sefil i wonder if roy keane will be pleased with his defensive work in the middle of the park and his lack of assertiveness on the ball, i also believe spann and hiws advisors need to realise the besththing for him right now is to be playing ,why are so many t&t players out of contract or not training consistantly with their teams?this is a worrying phenomena.spann ,whittley and theobald put your money in the bank forget about it and play some football.you have millions more to make.

First if all if Spann is going on trial at these clubs in the UK...so far we have heard he was training with Cardiff and he is going on trial at Sunderland.... what is wrong with that ???
Should he give up these trials and play in the Pro League ???
I can't really understand the logic for bashing him. Being on trial at these clubs is better for him getting a contract then playing in the Pro League right now. I doubt it have plenty scouts looking there right now so he is where he can be seen.

And who said Whitley was not playing ??? As far as I have picked up he playing...just not too well at the moment.

Theobald well ok I give you that one.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 02:55:37 PM »
I really hope he impresses. It will be a step up for him and he'll  benefit a great deal from it as a player.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 08:12:44 PM »
The championsahip will do Spann alot of good I wish him good luck on his trials!!!!!!

1]; } ?>