April 29, 2024, 06:04:49 AM

Author Topic: A Must Read  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
A Must Read
« on: October 11, 2006, 05:34:00 AM »
This is simply...amazing.

take a read.

Quote from: Midknight on October 10, 2006, 12:02:59 PM
This is the most intelligent thread TI has ever started, but I notice the Tobago love between he and TT ent change at all...

The major problem with any "Revolution" is assuring that whatever void is left by the evinced corrupt/evil/undemocratic power is not quickly or craftily occupied by another corrupt/evil/undemocratic power which has also the benefit of hindsight so as not to make the same mistakes and is thus harder to get rid of.

The other risk is that the destruction of the centralising force (albeit) corrupt will usher the régime into a centripetal power struggle launched by various competing forces seeking to all proclaim themselves as the successors to the old regime.

The question one has to ask is:

Is WARNER (1 man) the root of the problem or does it come from a culture of corruption/"despotism" propagated over several decades ?

Can the TTFF function cleanly with one "unclean" person at its head ?

Is an integral purge necessarily the best option at this stage ?

Can good come out of Nazareth? (i.e. are there any elements to the TTFF worth retaining in a future project for Trinidad and Tobago football administration and developpment ?

Have Warner and his cronies only been able to go as far as they have because of a lack of vigilance on the part of the major stakeholders in football, and principally on the part of the fans?

My analysis of the situation is that Warner is using the old James (do your research people) formula of autocratism and authoritarianism in the football federation in an epoch which no longer calls for it. However, he has also added a singular dimension of corruption and lack of transparency to it that makes him that much more dangerous seeing the quantity of money and ressources put into play....It is up to us, to the players, the sponsors and the government to let him know that we are no longer capable of tolerating this. The question is, after having feasted of the fatted calf for so long, is it possible to ask him to band his belly? I doubt it. So he has to go
Warmonga in his blind devotion to his "daddy" has asked a pertinent question. Who will replace him? But the question is pertinent, not from a financial point of view, but from an ethical one. What is to stop us getting more of the same or worse than the old Jackula? This is where the TTFF's entire modus operandi needs to be examined...

TrinInfinites response...

i have alot of intelligent posts, ive been on this website over 6 years bredda, plenty men including yourself no disrespect feel allyuh higher intellectually than myself when its juss ignorance that blinds your ability of how much intelligent post i have written, small ting....

back to the subject at hand, this topic was posted b4 some years ago, cant remember who though, could have been an older head like behind the bridge or maxg, but we as a football fraternity have many intellects which i know a few,, but who will step up, thats the question, we could create a long list but who will sacrifice is the question?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: A Must Read
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 08:15:50 AM »
Can a possible soultion lie with the footballers themselves? What I mean is can we find a place where ex Nationals contribute to the collective growth and restructuring of the TTFF, Seadly Joseph, Lincoln Phillips come to mind, Hannibal Najar, Dexter Skeene, Nakhid, yes I said Nakhid, who despite all his past rantings, remains one of the more educated and knowledgebale personalities in terms of football. Shaka who after his final playing days can be a key figure in the future development of the game. Yorke and Latapy can serve in a diplomatic role

Just my vision, what all yuh think?

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 03:08:37 PM »
Can a possible soultion lie with the footballers themselves? What I mean is can we find a place where ex Nationals contribute to the collective growth and restructuring of the TTFF, Seadly Joseph, Lincoln Phillips come to mind, Hannibal Najar, Dexter Skeene, Nakhid, yes I said Nakhid, who despite all his past rantings, remains one of the more educated and knowledgebale personalities in terms of football. Shaka who after his final playing days can be a key figure in the future development of the game. Yorke and Latapy can serve in a diplomatic role

I like it
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 01:15:47 AM »
Can a possible solution lie with the footballers themselves? What I mean is can we find a place where ex Nationals contribute to the collective growth and restructuring of the TTFF, Seadly Joseph, Lincoln Phillips come to mind, Hannibal Najar, Dexter Skeene, Nakhid, yes I said Nakhid, who despite all his past rantings, remains one of the more educated and knowledgebale personalities in terms of football. Shaka who after his final playing days can be a key figure in the future development of the game. Yorke and Latapy can serve in a diplomatic role

I like your vision except for the growth and restructuring of the TTFF part. We need to by pass the TTFF and develop the PFL and SPFL. I would like to see Lincoln and the others mentioned above work with the SSFL and other grass roots development programs to  develop a sustainable plan that will improve the level of youth football. If we have these initiatives going well without the input of the TTFF they will realize that they are the servants and the ones who need to come to the table to bargain and assist. Right now the TTFF think they too big in the dance. Of course there will always be the problem of international exposure for our players. With improved play the PFL can provide that. Imagine Connection or Jabloteh winning the Concacaf leg of the world club championship.

If one team in the PFL reaches an international level then the rest will be forced to catch up or be left in their dust. At that point we will only need the TTFF to organize international friendlies and logistics for WC qualification.

I know men going and ask where all this $ coming from to do this. The government can give corporate Trinidad some incentive to invest in the community and also it have a thing they does call fundraising. We need to build some national pride. Remember back in the days when we used to be selling ribbon and sticker and all kinda thing for different causes? I think the warriors is a good cause.

As I said in a post long ago, some one needs to get a picture of the WC team. Get them to autograph 100 and auction them off. We need to take a page from the States with this. They does be selling piece of the big players jersey from the big game etc. Dwight need to autograph a Jersey and have a "charity"  event where the $ goes to development of football.  Stern should have taken that 100th cap jersey, autograph, get it framed and sell it to the highest bidder. I am sure some on would be willing to pay $20,000TT for it. That $20,000 could have been donated as prize money for the Toyota Classic.

The SSFL needs to invite a Jamaican, Bajan, Haitian, Mexican etc select at the end of the season. Let us see where we stand at the youth level.

My point is men worried about the TTFF. Let them stay their course. We just need to maneuver around them.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 01:29:53 AM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

1]; } ?>