April 28, 2024, 06:16:22 PM

Author Topic: Becks: I can't tell my boys I've been axed from England  (Read 6507 times)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England want Beckham recall..
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »
Coops, good point about the succession factor. It seems ludicrous that such an "advanced" country such as England cannot, after 10 years replace a right winger. Also, look at the problems they have on the left wing... before Joe Cole got in the team, pressure. Cole is injured... more pressure. Same at right back; Gary Neville unchallenged for ten years.
One of the problems I see with England is that they are unwilling to try new things, especially where blooding young players is concerned. The same players hold down the same spot until the coach is changed, or the player retires. They  are usually unwilling to try players who are unconventional and could just conjure up something on a vaps. I remember a player of the early 80s called Vince Hillaire; skill for days, but I can't remember him being part of the England setup, and there are quite a few others.
One other thing... it might be that the players really aint that good to begin with. People could talk about "systems" till the cows come home, but a special player on the pitch WILL perform. Lampard has been found out it seems, as well as the rest of them.
England needs to re-assess what is really true about their game and realise that talking a good game is really not good enough.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 11:57:49 AM »
Everybody weepin and wailin and tryin to find answers after England get dey ass cut from Croatia.

Same people was bouncin up and down proclaimin dem as de bess in de world after dey beat Greece & Andorra.

People cryin, expressin disbelief tryin to find out wha wrong wit England.

Is de same ting was wrong wit dem all de time except some people doh like to hear de trute.

The vast majority of England players are over hyped and over rated.

They will run all over an Andorra and the occasional Greece etc....but when they bounce up on a decent team.....and Croatia is definitely a decent team.....the England players are exposed for what they are...ORDINARY.

But hey...man watchin EPL every weekend and swearin dis and dat one is one a de bess players in de world and dis one world class etc.

Oh well.....maybe dem peeps go continue bouncin dey head against de wall and eventually come to de realization de wall eh gettin any sorfer.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2006, 05:59:54 PM »
Alotta the press are asking for becks back. wonder if steve mac will actually consider it...too much pride ? im thiinkin they need a world class crosser at the moment.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,4-2400573,00.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006470668,00.html
        Boy you could never please people,the same people that found Beckham days done,he too slow,his workrate poor,not involved in the game as before,i can't believe they are calling back for him.
        What i can't understand in Football is why teams can't do without certain players,is it because they don't prepare for the day when these players retire,you want to tell me out of all the professional players in a country like England that have millions of players,you can't find one player as good as Beckham?
        All these Clubs have development programs,the English system is second to none and still they are struggleing for top quality players,does this mean development programs is a waste?Brazil does have at least two or three players that can replace any player on their senior national team,their systems and programs is not considered as good as other countries but they keep produceing,why is that?their club Champions beat Liverpool the Eur Champions last year.
        Is it safe to say on any given day any team can win?     

Coop's, yuh arksin' some very important questions and I offer this: Enland will hardly succeed on the top international and (as you quite rightly pointed out) on the intercontinental club level until they change their philosophy on how the game is played.  The English culture of football is all about phisicalllity without skill, crunching tackles (see the tackle that landed Shay Given in the ER) and old-school techniques.  Enland likes to hold on to it's old values and that is why they still revelling in 1966.  Football, as we know by now, is very much a reflection of a country's culture as any sport and England's lacking sense of improvisation becomes all too clear when you watch them play the beautiful game.  They play football the same way they fought the revolutionary war in America.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2006, 07:46:55 PM »
Everybody weepin and wailin and tryin to find answers after England get dey ass cut from Croatia.

Same people was bouncin up and down proclaimin dem as de bess in de world after dey beat Greece & Andorra.

People cryin, expressin disbelief tryin to find out wha wrong wit England.

Is de same ting was wrong wit dem all de time except some people doh like to hear de trute.

The vast majority of England players are over hyped and over rated.

They will run all over an Andorra and the occasional Greece etc....but when they bounce up on a decent team.....and Croatia is definitely a decent team.....the England players are exposed for what they are...ORDINARY.

But hey...man watchin EPL every weekend and swearin dis and dat one is one a de bess players in de world and dis one world class etc.

Oh well.....maybe dem peeps go continue bouncin dey head against de wall and eventually come to de realization de wall eh gettin any sorfer.

Well said Palos.. even though we do see eye to eye on the EPL, I agree with you. England waiting for Cole to be the next Gascoigne since he was a ute at West Ham, Rooney is supposed to be Shearer, Lampard and Gerrard a Robson, but they are far, far from that. They best hope is to keep Beckham fit and have him run as much as he can. Then when the get a freekick in scoring region, let him do take it. It was their best option at the World cup and is still today. I can't believe that they let DeSilva out jump them. How tall are those english defenders. Hmmm..... they need to naturalize some Brazilians if they hope they could win.

Bring back Platt, Gary and in the process Des Walker, Paul Parker, Shilton and Barnes.

England is too full of excuses for all their underachievement.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2006, 08:18:14 PM »

I eh know bout underachievement, but they jes generally full of excuses blaming everybody and everything

all name and no game

Més que un club.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2006, 08:24:16 PM »
England is like a bad date you keep giving another chance. You know he eh good for you he hopeless but you keep hoping that he will come good.

England like those men ladies are a total waste of time.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2006, 08:38:04 PM »

I eh know bout under achievement, but they jes generally full of excuses blaming everybody and everything

all name and no game

Come on when was de last time they made it to the Semi finals of any major tourney. They always biggin up they team and what happen. Terry was on de floor, (when he save that Stern goal) cause he almost shite himself that they defence split like that.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »
Oh Lawd I'm a full Warrior now.  :beermug:

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2006, 12:01:52 AM »

England's midfield (engine room) is nothing without Becks and Gerrard.

When Mclaren drop Beckham it was to make a statement " I am the new boss and picking mih own team" but he got rid of a leader and at times inspiration.
Gerrard has had to play his ass off to keep England competitive in their recent games, for the game against Croatia he was suspended... result an aimless, no guts performance.

Once he brings back Becks with Gerrard in tandem.. trys Shaun Wrigth Phillips , Lennon and Walcott in my estimation few teams in europe will be able to handle that attacking force.  btw Rooney and Crouch as out and out strikers.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2006, 03:45:02 AM »

England's midfield (engine room) is nothing without Becks and Gerrard.

When Mclaren drop Beckham it was to make a statement " I am the new boss and picking mih own team" but he got rid of a leader and at times inspiration.
Gerrard has had to play his ass off to keep England competitive in their recent games, for the game against Croatia he was suspended... result an aimless, no guts performance.

Once he brings back Becks with Gerrard in tandem.. trys Shaun Wrigth Phillips , Lennon and Walcott in my estimation few teams in europe will be able to handle that attacking force.  btw Rooney and Crouch as out and out strikers.

Yh agree wid dat. I jus don understand what he tactics are really..drop becks to play younger wingers..dosent start wright-phillps , lennon injured, gerrard suspended and he not a out n out winger, no downing, so he play neville and cole in midfield.. ::)

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2006, 12:46:52 PM »
England problem is that they figure they better than they really are. They feel like jus cuz they name England and they are gods in their own country, other countries gonna lie down for them and is just a given that they gonna win. They have to realise that the game is played on the field, not on paper, and no amount of big names gonna guarantee anything in world football today. To win games they need to understand the reality: all the hype in the world doh mean s**t. they figure they just as good technically as say Brazil, Argentina and France, and they just badly mistaken. They overrate themselves.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2006, 01:04:38 PM »
England problem is that they figure they better than they really are. They feel like jus cuz they name England and they are gods in their own country, other countries gonna lie down for them and is just a given that they gonna win. They have to realise that the game is played on the field, not on paper, and no amount of big names gonna guarantee anything in world football today. To win games they need to understand the reality: all the hype in the world doh mean s**t. they figure they just as good technically as say Brazil, Argentina and France, and they just badly mistaken. They overrate themselves.

simple ......yet effective statement

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>