April 20, 2024, 12:30:17 AM

Author Topic: The Best Ever Barça First Eleven from Goal.com  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
The Best Ever Barça First Eleven from Goal.com
« on: October 12, 2006, 05:53:25 PM »
After Spanish-language Catalan football daily ‘El Mundo Deportivo’ (The Sporting World) offered diehard Barcelona fans the chance to choose their all-time favourite Blaugrana line-up, Goal.com extended the challenge to English-speaking readers and the response has been great...

The original article, for those who missed it, can be accessed by clicking on the ‘The Best Ever Barça First Eleven?’ blue link on the left.  To add to the growing debate about who should be included – and the difficult decision of who to include – here are the opinions expressed by a serious of well-known pundits in Spain:

The Best Ever Barça First Eleven – Sketches From Spain

Julio Salinas (retired striker FC Barcelona)

(3-4-3) Zubizaretta; Migueli, Koeman, Puyol; Suarez, Schuster, Kubala and Maradona; Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Romário

Víctor Muñoz (ex-FC Barcelona midfielder, Panathinaikos Coach)

(4-3-3) Zubizarreta; Rifé, Migueli, Ronald Koeman and Julio Alberto; Kubala, Suárez and Pep Guardiola; Cruyff, Maradona and Ronaldinho

Jordi Basté (Catalan Radio journalist)

(4-3-3) Zubizaretta, Puyol, Migueli, Ronald Koeman and Segarra; Pep Guardiola, Kubala and Maradona; Cruyff, Ronaldinho and Eto'o

Jordi Medina (FC Barcelona Presidential candidate)

(3-4-3)Ramallets; Puyol, Migueli and Koeman; Neeskens, Schuster, Samitier and Kubala; Stoichkov, Cruyff and Ronaldinho

Toño de la Cruz (retired FC Barcelona player, Coach)

(4-3-3) Sadurní; Puyol, Migueli, Biosca and Sergi; Guardiola, Suárez and Schuster; Messi, Cruyff and Ronaldinho

Òscar Garcia (ex-FC Barcelona striker)

(3-4-3) Valdes; Puyol, Koeman and Sergi; Schuster, Guardiola, Deco and Figo; Ronaldinho, Romário and Ronaldo

Raul Llimos (RAC 1 – Catalan radio – Journalist)

(4-3-3): Ferrer, Migueli, Koeman and Puyol; Suarez, Kubala and Maradona and Ronaldinho; Cruyff and Ronaldo

Sant Cugat Barcelona Supporters’ Group

(4-3-3) Ramallets; Benitez, Biosca, Blanc and Gracia; Maradona, Laudrup and Suarez; Kubala, Stoichkov and Cruyff

Tomas Guasch (Sub-editor, ’As’ newspaper, Madrid)

(3-4-3) Ramallets; Benitez, Biosca and Eladio; Schuster, Segarra, Figo and Suarez; Kubala, Maradona and Ronaldinho

Claudia Vives-Fierro (Member of FC Barcelona board of directors)

(3-4-3) Victor Valdes; Puyol, Koeman and Rafael Marquez; Shuster, Guardiola, Deco and Xavi; Messi, Ronaldinho and Eto’o

Albert ‘Chapi’ Ferrer (retired right-back, FC Barcelona and Chelsea FC)

(4-4-2) Zubizaretta; Puyol, Nadal, Costas, Sergi; Guardiola, Kubala, Figo and Laudrup; Ronaldo and Romario

Andres Montes (Commentator)

(4-3-3) Ramallets; Benitez, Gallego, Migueli and Puyol; Schuster, Suarez and Maradona; Kubala, Cruyff and Ronaldinho

Josep Maria Minguella (ex-Agent, FC Barcelona Presidential candidate)

(3-4-3) Ramallets; Puyol, Migueli and Segarra; Samitier, Kubala, Suarez and Maradona; Stoichkov, Cruyff and Ronaldinho

Ramon Cugat (FC Barcelona doctor and surgeon)

(4-3-3) Ramallets; Benitez, Puyol, Koeman and Sergi; Xavi, Guardiola and Schuster; Kubala, Cruyff and Maradona

David Barrufet (World Handball Champion)

(3-4-3) Ramallets; Puyol, Migueli and Sergi; Xavi, Schuster, Maradona and Laudrup; Kubala, Cruyff and Stoichkov

‘Lobo’ Carrasco (ex-FC Barcelona player, Catalunya Coach, Commentator)

(3-4-3) Zamora; Benitez, Koeman and Julio Alberto; Neeskens, Ronaldinho, Maradona and Kubala; Rivaldo, Cruyff and Romário

what alyuh think.. who alyuh go pick???

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Best Ever Barça First Eleven from Goal.com
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 06:03:10 PM »
only one man pick rivaldo

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 06:50:19 AM »
Stoichkov and Rivaldo get real forgotten, boy... and Figo play some of his best football for them, but anybody who put his name down probably looking to get shot in Catalonia
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 08:35:08 AM »
WOW,
Rivaldo is so much better than Ronaldinho yet only one man picked him on their team.
All y'all in the Rivaldo vs Ronaldinho post must be really upset.

I guess these ppl (former players and journalists) don't know as much about football as all of you do
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 08:41:26 AM »
best XI from 1990 forward since i've been watching...

Zubizaretta

Puyol     Koeman   Nadal   Sergi

Figo    Guardiola    Rivaldo     Ronaldinho

Romario    Ronaldo

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 08:49:15 AM »
marcos, u getting on very emotional. calm down bredda. u have to understand that everything in this world is politics. rivaldo was a godsend to barca but his temperament was a prickly one. ronaldinho is a godsend yes but the difference is he is this likeable goofy character, he's charismatic so ppl like him.  contrary to ur opinion i think the pundits who do know football will pick rivaldo b/c of his value to the team then.   i like them both tho, they are football deities to me.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 09:06:25 AM »
it eh have no best ever Barca team without

Johan Cruyff (true Barca servant)
Hristo Stoichkov
Luis Felipe Madeira Caeiro Figo (Judas)
Josep "Pep" Guardiola
Rivaldo Vítor Borba Ferreira
Ronaldo Luiz Nazario DeLima (35 goals in 37 games)

Is a wonder nobody eh say Kluivert?!?!?

Més que un club.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 12:50:43 PM »
all comes down to individual opinion in these kinda polls...for me Rivaldo is one of Barca and Brazil's best ever

imagine a feller put Messi there and he eh really do nothing yet

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 05:46:12 PM »
............ u have to understand that everything in this world is politics..........

Very, very true, sir, and all one has to do is look at the breakdown of the voting for "Fifa World Player of the Year", to see some of the politics men does play there, and it becomes obvious when you see the men like Rivaldo and Cruyff getting left out.  Good to see Valdes get voted in by a couple of the "experts" too, he really is, IMO, a lot better than some of these media heads does give him credit for.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Darkromeo

• New Warrior
  • Tru Tru warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 09:19:51 PM »
Them men pick on ah favouritism bias dred. Real shit! But if i was to pick ah squad mehself it would be the same thing, i would pick my favourite players i know. Is like d whole who was d best Maradona or Pele. I never see them play but i go pick Pele cause i like brazil and he was more likeable..

Only one man pick Rivaldo it doh make sense  :-\ ah well

Imagin ah forward line of:
Ronaldo
Romario
Rivaldo
and Ronaldinho

all in there prime............. ;D that would ah be something.... but i can olny dream

1]; } ?>