April 25, 2024, 09:08:56 PM

Author Topic: Charles-Fevrier salutes Soca Warriors custodian Jan Michael Williams.  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Charles-Fevrier salutes Jan Michael Williams.
By: Vinod Narwani (ttproleague).
[/size]

W Connection technical director Stuart Charles-Fevrier has commended national goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams for his performances against St. Vincent/Grenadines and Panama during Trinidad and Tobago’s two recent friendly internationals at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port-of-Spain. T&T beat their Caribbean neighbours 5-0 last Saturday before edging the Spanish-speaking country 2-1 on Wednesday.
"I think Jan had two very good performances," said Charles-Fevrier.
"I thought he was very consistent against Panama in terms of his distribution, his stopping of shots, his command of the defence and his whole tactical approach to the game."
"It was very pleasing to me to see Jan representing T&T on home soil, even though it is not for the first time that he is representing the seniors. In my opinion, he has been the best goalkeeper in the Pro League this year with regards to his performances. I can only see him growing from strength-to-strength."
Charles-Fevrier acknowledged that the W Connection custodian has a solid footballing foundation, hence the reason he was able to fit in with the rest of the foreign-based Soca Warriors.
The Curacao-born head coach said Williams also continues to receive proper training at the South-based club.
"Jan has got a good background in the game because he started off very young as an international player, representing T&T in the 2001 Under-17 World Cup."
"Added to that, we have a fulltime goalkeeper-coach in Trevor Nottingham who was an ex-national goalkeeper himself. He has been working very hard with Jan at training, which is another reason why he has been in good form this year."
Charles-Fevrier said the young goalkeeper’s work ethic and character made it easier for him to achieve success.
"For me personally, he is an easy player to work with because he is disciplined, which probably came from his upbringing, and his parents have to be credited for that."
"He also loves goalkeeping, loves football and works very hard… his attitude is good, which is the key."
Charles-Fevrier, who is of St. Lucian parentage, emphasized the need for the new kid on the block to continue aiming for the top.
"He needs to continue working on every aspect of the game. Despite being good in some areas, it is necessary to improve on them. Cross balls is an area that goalkeepers need to work on almost everyday, because it is one of the most dangerous balls. Also it is important to improve tactically, because you are also a player besides being a goalie," ended Charles-Fevrier.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: Charles-Fevrier salutes Soca Warriors custodian Jan Michael Williams.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 09:16:58 AM »
Well done Jan !
Warrior For Life !!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 11:47:51 AM »
Well said Fevrier!!

Theser are very professional comments and just shows me that Fevrier is a class coach.  (ah know for sure that Gally Cummings wouldna say dat)

By the way, what is going on with Durance Willliams?

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 12:21:57 PM »
What school was it that Trevor Nottingham used to play for again?  Was it St. Augustine?  I haven't heard that name in years, but I am very glad to see that some of our talent of yesteryear is not being wasted away.  Well done to Jan Michael Williams and Trevor Nottingham.  I look forward to seeing Ross Russell extract the same results from his chargesas well.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 05:06:30 PM »
Jan Michael looks like the real deal.

Nothingham I believe was St. Agustine
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>