March 28, 2024, 12:04:30 PM

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Greetings
« on: July 01, 2005, 01:12:39 PM »
I have been an avid follower of the SocaWarriors Website for awhile, but I have never submitted a post.  Well, let me now take time to write my first post. 

First of all, I must say this is an outstanding Website.  Not only is it very informative, but it is so humorous.  I frequently read the Website for information on T&T football and news from home.  As you know, Lincoln Phillips follows this site as a source of information and gets a great deal of enjoyment from it.  Although he may not like the cursing too much, he gets a lot of kicks from the old talk.  From time to time, I know Hannibal Najjar reads the Website.  A couple weeks ago, Keston Nancoo visited me, and we looked at the site together.  Keston had a lot of fun over Palos’ post pertaining to the bet with the Mexican young lady.  Luciano Woodley was by my house a couple months ago, and I told him about the story on his fantastic 1970 college season that was on the Website.

This site is real kicks.  There are so many interesting posts, but one that I enjoyed lately was the dialogue between Palos and Coop’s.  As most of you may know, Coop’s is an old master.  As the dialogue developed, I was wondering how Palos was going to deal with Coop’s.  Palos, I like how you dealt with the situation.  You got your point across, but you were very respectful.  Palos, you are obvious an old timer.  You described the yesteryears of football in Trinidad quite vividly.  It reminded me of the article that was recently written by Sammy Llewellyn. 

Sometimes the site gets heated, but I believe this is largely due to the passion of forumnites.  True Trini likes to give Triniman a hard time, but Triniman knows his stuff too.  Triniman sounds like he is young, but he does his homework.  I do not know if most of you know Doc, but he is an old master himself.  Dtool, he is a very old master in many ways.  There is a lot to learn from him.  Sam, you are amazing, where do you get your information?  Flex and Tallman, kudos to you for your maintenance of such a marvelous site! 

In reference to Nakhid, I also was wondering what the latest on his saga is.  I believe Beenhakker gave meh partner a six-for-a-nine role.  I must ask Barry Henderson what is going on with him.  As far as I know, David is not playing in the All Stars tournament in DC this year with Juniors, because I have hung up my boots in organizing and coaching the team.  I have not heard from Barry, so I gather he is not trying to bring Juniors in the tournament.  Maybe David went back to Lebanon to plant peas.       

Let me conclude with some words on Alvin Corneal.  There is no in between with Alvin.  You either like him or you dislike him.  However, you cannot deny Alvin’s knowledge of the game.  I have been around this sport for a longtime, and he is one of the most knowledgeable minds on the game I have met.  Also, he is probably the best player with whom I have been associated.  Without a doubt, he is the best spot kicker of the ball I have seen.  Believe it or not, Alvin has been extremely helpful to many people.  Alvin’s major problematic issues are related to his handling of personal matters and interpersonal relationships.  Let me leave you all with that!  That is a book by itself.   

Keep supporting the Socawarriors on the road to Germany!  Love to all. 

Trevor Leiba

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 01:38:26 PM »

Wha going on Trev...I thought yuh in town here for a lil jump for sure...

Clues: Cipriani Blvd. fete matches.. Thompsons(Denise,Earl & Watap esp)..Q.R.C...runner 1st, baller 2nd....DC cyar beat Montreal, notime....ok except when allyuh drop Chinnas on we

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 02:18:51 PM »
weeeeeeeeey! de site really reach oui!....is de Trevor Leiba dat buss ah post yes!!!!

is Juniors long time manager dey Leiba  ;D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 02:25:46 PM »
Welcome onboard Trevor, please make your visit frequent... and thanx for the compliments.

Cheers.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 04:22:56 PM »
Come through anytime boy Trevor.

Ah like yuh stories and them, tell we more.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 06:13:50 PM »
Aye Trevor! is time you guys get on here i need help with these youth's,but i must give them credit as you said they obviously do their homework,i myself learn a lot from them,in this game it's all about give and take.
  Good post much appreciated. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 01:34:28 PM »
Trevor Leiba in de house.  Daz good news fuh all concerned.

Nice to see yuh on de site and hope yuh will return to post many more times.

Ah see yuh mention Keston.  If yuh could please leh meh know how he brother Boum doin.  A most underrated forward fuh Fatima back in de day.

Fellas like yuhself and de REAL OLE MASTER...Mr Ian Bain.....is who T&T football need....desperately!

I eh sayin allyuh is de only 2...ah jes givin some examples but fuh T&T football to reach where we we would all like to see it and where we know it can, it need a concerted and UNITED effort from peeps like yuhselves.  Lincoln and dem doin important work and much respeck fuh dat, but we too small to not utilise all de resources we have.

Finally...jes to settle a lil ole talk bout T&T football ah was havin dis weekend wit a man who ah real respeck...we was pickin T&T best 6 players jes after de Carlton Franco era (we eh see dem fellas in action so wit all due respeck to dem we cyah say EVER)

Ah say...

Latas
Yorke
De Leon
Alvin
Steve David
Gally

De man say all due respeck to Alvin but Alvin cyah shine Warren Archibald boots.

Ah would love to get yuh opinion on dah one.

Peace

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>