April 26, 2024, 06:24:47 PM

Author Topic: Defoe defends 'bite' incident  (Read 3514 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Defoe defends 'bite' incident
« on: October 23, 2006, 11:44:14 AM »
Defoe defends 'bite' incident
By Phil Jackson -  Created on 23 Oct 2006
SKY BET VEGAS
Claim £250 free and join in our exciting game promotions!

Related links
Team Pages:
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United
Player Pages:
Jermain Defoe
Tottenham Hotspur striker Jermain Defoe insists the reaction to his bite on West Ham United's Javier Mascherano has been 'blown out of all proportion'.

The England striker reacted to a bad challenge from behind from the Argentinian midfielder in Spurs' 1-0 win at White Hart Lane.

He moved his head towards Mascherano in retaliation, and bit the World Cup star's arm through his shirt, as a skirmish between the teams followed.

Both players were booked by referee Steve Bennett for their parts in the incident and Defoe has defended himself after hitting the headlines.

"This has been blown out of all proportion. The referee was standing right over me and if he felt I had done anything bad he would have sent me off," a statement issued by Defoe's agent read.

"The incident doesn't look great on TV and I accept that as a role model to kids I have a responsibility to conduct myself in the right way which I always try to do on and off the pitch."

Despite the outcry, the Football Association are yet to act, as The Hammers have also looked to play down the controversy
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=423849&CPID=8&clid=6&lid=2&title=Defoe+defends+'bite'+incident

i hope that man had he shots

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Defoe defends 'bite' incident
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 11:45:24 AM »
Defoe was hungry lol.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 02:19:17 PM »
The man say he never eat ah white meat yet......so he starting with spanish meat to warm up.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 08:33:32 PM »
Macherano is dirty play acting piece of sh**...I saw the game and Defoe never got close to him, the commentators were puzzled as to why he threw himself about so.

Defoe should have composed himself and walked away instead of confronting him....let this be a lesson to all you young ballers out there.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 08:51:15 PM »
Macherano is dirty play acting piece of sh**...

What a stereotype.  Next you'll be calling him "animal".
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 09:59:13 PM »
Defoe escapes FA action
By Peter ORourke -  Created on 23 Oct 2006
SKY BET VEGAS
Claim £250 free and join in our exciting game promotions!

Related links
Team Pages:
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United
Player Pages:
Jermain Defoe
Javier Mascherano
The Football Association have confirmed they will take no action against Jermaine Defoe for his alleged bite on West Ham's Javier Mascherano.

Tottenham's 1-0 win over West Ham on Sunday was overshadowed by the altercation involving Defoe and Mascherano during the first half at White Hart Lane.

It appeared that Defoe tried to bit the arm of Mascherano after reacting to a tackle from behind by the West Ham midfielder.

Defoe was booked for the incident, but there have been calls for Defoe to face further action from The Football Association.

However, The FA have decided that referee Steve Bennett dealt with the matter and as a result Defoe will face no further punishment.

An FA spokesman said: "We are unable to take any action because the referee has already dealt with the incident. Under Fifa regulations, we are prevented from taking retrospective action."

Defoe's representative Sky Andrew has defended his client and insists the whole incident has been blown out of proportion.

"Me and Jermain talked about the situation and we both thought it has been taken out of proportion. "I saw the picture today (in the papers) and it just exaggerated the whole thing," Andrew told Sky Sports News.

"Jermaine feels that whatever happened, the referee was standing right over him. And, if he'd done anything bad, the referee would've taken the appropriate action.

"Jermaine says he did not bit him and I believe him. At the end of the day the way the player reacts to him is up to him.

"From Jermain's points of view it was a difficult game, there were quite a few challenges made on him from behind and it was also a difficult atmosphere, but I am not making excuses.

"If you look at the way Jermain Defoe has conducted himself over the last 18 months, two years, the way he conducts himself on the pitch, the way he conducts himself off the pitch, you can't get a better role model.

"This incident has been blown out of proportion and, because he's a role model, he has to be whiter than white.

"To me, it's a small misdemeanour when you consider what type of image Jermain Defoe sets out to young kids.

"At the moment the best thing for him to do is to concentrate on football and focus on the next game.

"It has been blown out of proportion and Jermain accepts he is a role model and that is big of him to say that."

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 10:08:05 PM »
Dafoe had a temporary lapse of mental function?
as I watched the replay I  cyar figure out why he did that.  ::) ::)
is like i was watchin kindergarden kids
de man crawl on his hands and knees. ::) ::)

from his manager "Tottenham manager Martin Jol said Defoe's action amounted to no more than a "comical nibble"." He has to downplay the incident.
 http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/23102006/1/defoe-dusts-mascherano-bite.html
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 11:14:03 PM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 04:17:50 AM »
I dont get why he wud even nibble someone..

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 07:37:09 AM »
I dont get why he wud even nibble someone..

for real

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 08:35:05 AM »
Tyson is his mentor  ;D ;D :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 09:41:47 AM »
Macherano is dirty play acting piece of sh**...

What a stereotype.  Next you'll be calling him "animal".

Ok he's an animal.

(Cue Mascherano:"I am not an animal I am an actor!")

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 01:04:41 PM »
Defoe should have ben sent off!! Simple as that!!

Mascherano play acted, but if i was him defoe was getting ah kick in his face!!

Wat de arse is that? mascherano tackle de man and de man spin around and pelt ah bite at his arm and "pantherX" calling mascherano an animal??

some ah alyuh on dis site full ah shit!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 02:04:04 PM »

Wat de arse is that? mascherano tackle de man and de man spin around and pelt ah bite at his arm and "pantherX" calling mascherano an animal??

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Thank you.....I was thinking the same thing. plain and simple, defoe should have been sent off. he have no excuse. he lucky all mascherano do was play act, and not knocked him out
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 01:08:43 AM »

Ah love it!!

;D

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 06:25:41 AM »
A comical nibble ! now that is a spin doctor that Jack could use  :devil: I wonder how he left out the date Defoe made his first communion  :rotfl:
I would bet if it was the other way around Mascherano would have been shipped out already !

1]; } ?>