April 19, 2024, 12:10:25 AM

Author Topic: What going on with CIC his year?  (Read 11305 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: What going on with CIC his year?
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 12:59:47 PM »
So who is best positioned to be promoted ?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 02:16:06 PM »
F!
A!
T!
I!
M!
A!

go FATIMA go!!!

Offline saintsman

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 03:21:54 PM »
I am a gonzy  for all how know we, CIC just eh have no heart, limited skilled players and a the lack of a coach that will generate that from the players. The powers that be in CIC doh want to give the team to meh big brother who was assistant coach under martin, cause as anyone who know we, we demand respect and commitment or you go have to step, we go play the men who willing to work, we ain't taking no bullshit from player or administrtion. AH love my school with everything I have to this day.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 04:29:07 PM »
It ent have nuttin no coach could do with that CIC side.

Yuh forget what Whim say or what...diamonds could be polished but yuh cyar do nuttin with big stone.

Cic ent even have big stone that you could at least use as door stop or to buss man head....is a setta pebble.

Cic doe have footballers on d team, is a setta men who not as skillful, fit or have a physical prescece to compete with any of the other teams.

De Silva is also out of his depth in the Colleges league or at least on this St Marys side.

and da silva on the national team come on now man
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline saintsman

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 06:04:36 PM »
one man is not a team, he can't make up for the other 10.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2006, 06:16:01 PM »
he not playing that good anyway...  he had 2-3 good games so far

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 09:19:27 PM »
Martin is boo.  We have to aim higher than him.  The last time he do anything...was more de result of de talent on hand, Shaka, Rocke, Regis, Kona, Moze Bros. etc.  In terms of developing players...is only shit he shit down de place.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 09:55:18 PM »
Martin is boo. We have to aim higher than him. The last time he do anything...was more de result of de talent on hand, Shaka, Rocke, Regis, Kona, Moze Bros. etc. In terms of developing players...is only shit he shit down de place.
[/quote/]

Dat not true at all. Martin is a man know his stuff inside out. I not saying that the talent on hand didn't have anything to do with the success then, but u also have to take into consideration the attitude and commitment of the players now. Back when I was in school in 2000 i remember the principal had to literally beg Martin to come and coach the team that year. It was pretty much he didn't want to deal with the egos and the politics that came with it. That year, we played the best football that i had seen in my years in CIC, and i learnt a hell of a lot from him. Ask any member from that team, Scott Sealy, the Abraham twins, Kevin Norman, Khalil Mathura, Nicholas Lee, Owicho Adogwa, Jeremy Delpino, I sure any one of them wud tell u how good the man was.
I just feel now he lost the will to deal with it anymore
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 09:59:33 PM »
Listen nah man.  What he win? 

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 10:01:58 PM »
he not playing that good anyway...  he had 2-3 good games so far
I've heard so much about this yute but to be honest with you he doesn't look like a spectacular talent to me. I'm hoping that I'm wrong about him and that what I've heard is true. I keep hearing he's too small or he's injured or whatever. He has got to play more football. He didn't even start for the U17s against that jokey side. Leston Paul looks to be more talented than him at this point.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 10:17:44 PM »
Listen nah man. What he win?

All the players i know never said that about martin and players 10 years older than me always rate Martin. He probably had you on the pine.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2006, 08:13:59 AM »
Listen nah man. What he win?

All the players i know never said that about martin and players 10 years older than me always rate Martin. He probably had you on the pine.

The man's Colleges record speaks for itself
SSFL(CFL) - 1991
North Intercol  - 1986, 1988, 1989
North League  big Seven qualifier as top 2 team at least 4 times

The man's CV includes numerous European coaching badges including the UEFA B.  His teams play technically sound, disciplined and intelligent ball.  It should also be noted that over the years as the game evolves, he continues his football education through coursework. Because he is an educator by profession, the application what he learns in coaching of his teams tends to be very effective. Further evidence is the fact that many of his players go on to play at the next level. Can you say Shaka Hislop?

http://www.socawarriors.net/shaka_hislop.htm
--------------------
The saint's team this year  seems to be a U16 team playing in an under 20 league. Out of their depth. With regards to heart and fighting spirit, when it comes to players,  "you can't make chiken soup from chicken sh*t".
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2006, 09:01:04 AM »
Triniman,

being on d national team doe by extension automatically mean yuh is a good baller.

Chad de freitas I find is a goat yet he is national team material.

De Silva is how old 15-16 playing against men who under 19.

He does get rough up and he has not played well. The age gap and physical size of his opponents does mash him up. He is also nashy nashy.

I have seen most of the under 17 games as well as 4 St marys games it will be 5 when I see them get a cutarse this afternoon from Fatima.....I think I am in a good position to form an opinion.

Doe let a clip or highlight on schools soccer net chain yuh up.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2006, 09:43:08 AM »
Just a small question and not trying to diminish Martin record but wasn't 91 cic coached by Ken Butcher?

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2006, 09:49:24 AM »
Just a small question and not trying to diminish Martin record but wasn't 91 cic coached by Ken Butcher?

I had already left the country by then so you are probably correct. The nucleus of that team trained under Mr Martin while waiting to break in at first eleven level.....Jason Rocke, Moze and Anthony Horton come to mind
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006, 10:26:35 AM »
Martin is boo. We have to aim higher than him. The last time he do anything...was more de result of de talent on hand, Shaka, Rocke, Regis, Kona, Moze Bros. etc. In terms of developing players...is only shit he shit down de place.
dis man sound like he toting rel feelings...martin is a boss...d man know d game inside out..but is a matter of gettin players to play the year wen st.anthony boasted the creme of under17 dey dropped 2 pts ALONE during that season...and who took it? and we nearly cut dey ass on d grounds too...all thanks to martin tactics SOLELY...a coach dont go an play d game he cud only hope the players follow instructions...and personally i find d standard of players wearing the white and blue jus went dong......dem players look lost!! and i know it seems like all d generations b4 doesnt have anyting good to say abt the present...but really i find dey lookin sad...i predicted from the beginnin that dey gonna battle relagation ..i will even put meh money on dem goin down

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2006, 10:41:49 AM »

I had already left the country by then so you are probably correct. The nucleus of that team trained under Mr Martin while waiting to break in at first eleven level.....Jason Rocke, Moze and Anthony Horton come to mind

I know Butcher also coached in 99 and Woodley in 97 or 98
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2006, 12:54:07 PM »

Fellas as I know Savannah, I can tell you he was the president of the shit talkers society of St. Mary's, please disregard the above comments.

No direspect breds :rotfl:

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2006, 01:07:22 PM »
Martin always produced competitive teams with less talent comparitive to the other schools in the league. So he may not have the titles that St. Anthony's Football Academy have, but he never had the wealth of football talent available to him. CIC in general has always been more inclined to make do with good student athletes rather than bring in guys to play (and boost) the football programme.

Imagine this man had to pick players like Rodney Granado, dancer boy (can't remember his name, but he danced for Votally Togue or some one of them on Party Time) and O'Neil (can't rember his name either) while Malik picking Shurland David or Dwarika.

He mightn't be the best coach ever to coach in the SSFL, but he is a pretty damn good coach who has earned the respect of all his players.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2006, 02:09:52 PM »
for someone who has played under martin i find it very hard to believe someone who knows the game can say something as stupid as to say he is not ah great coach. besides his lengthy tenure as ah top coach in colleges league, how many national players, professional players and educated players he has produced over the years. that year with shaka and they, he brought them out of 2nd division and won the intercol the very next year...never to be done since then!!! i played in 96&97 and if it wasnt for the strike in 97 he would have added another title to his credentials. if u want to test his coaching skills just be ah witness to the centenial game between CIC & QRC in the stadium.

QRC had big ballers like martin robertson and vladimir suite....who at the time was destroying teams. we had training up til de day before the game and what we working on was tactics...they playing ah 4-5-1 and at the end of the game we hold down they big guns...QRC lost that game 2-1...eli scoring ah wicked free kick in that game too. he is as knowledgable ah coach that i have ever been under and as ah teacher of the game...there isnt any better (jap brown ah notch higher that him though).
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2006, 02:23:22 PM »

Savannah yuh forget in 86 we were the only team to hold Sando Tech to a draw, when the latter was pretty much the National team at the time

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2006, 02:39:49 PM »
Savannah
Either you have never played for CIC under Martin or you were a goat who was put out to graze hence your bitterness.
Almost every player to a man who has played for Martin rate him as an excellent coach,and  that includes countless players who have gone on to play on the US college circuit and the few pros eg Shaka and Sealey and have been exposed to coaching at higher levels.
As to the present team they are just too damn small, and unathletic.  While I don't think that the coachs are helping matters with their abuse of the boys in the full glare of the fans, they would have had to be miracle workers to be successful with this team. We have had pretty poor players for a few years now.We have been the smallest, slowest and least skillfull team in the league for a few years now.
But all that said. I hope we pull off the miracle.All we need is one victory and we safe.
Maybe today.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2006, 03:09:26 PM »
............ I hope we pull off the miracle.All we need is one victory and we safe.
Maybe today.

Wouldn't you also need for Trinity to lose its last game as well? It doesn''t look like a game they can win too easily, either, but, good luck to you guys.  I have family and very good friends that went to saints, so......I would really rather see Trinity go down, but after we beat Fatima the other day they just coming out with guns blazin on everybody.  Every dog has its day.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2006, 03:21:36 PM »
Yeah.Trinity have to lose their  last game which I think that they will.

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2006, 05:25:35 PM »
All I have to say is :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline mangoseed

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2006, 07:13:54 PM »
that guy called da silva he wasnt all that good from my point of view
looking at today's match against fatima , the real start for the saints was the guy called Maurice.
he actually played the entire field like he knew wat he was doing.
CIC looked nervous or afraid today on the field.
poor passing and communication
on numerous occassions i actually saw CIC players passing the ball directly to the fatima players.
the best chance CIC had on goal, the CIC player , i dunno how to explain it, he was surprised he got passed the defence and so close to the goal that he just kept running and forgot to shoot.
they were holding up good before the half time break but after the first goal in the second half, more balls kept flying into the net.
the thing is fatima rested almost they're entire defence for this game and used 2nd eleven players instead.
even the keeper Foncette was replaced by a 5 and half foot tall Poon King.

i myself am from fatima, and even though i like when we beat CIC.
i dont like the idea that they gonna get relegated, just gona be real strange that CIC gone.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2006, 08:11:40 PM »
CIC ah feelin yuh pain. What doan kill does fatten.

Offline QRC_boy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2006, 06:07:26 AM »
Is it me or are a lot of the guys playing in we Colleges League look like midgets??? They magga and they short... Not everyone will be big but it looking like hobbits playing with humans man.... When I was playing back in the day (1992 - 1996) man had size and was a real tussle for me.

I play for both CIC and QRC so ppl might guess who I am already....( Vladimir Suite 8)) and I can safely say that Mr. Martin is a damn good coach. He has produced players that have gone on to play at the University level Problem is as was rightly said... CIC used to do with what they had in that if a fella get into Saints and could play great but they were not doing like St. Anthony's and some other schools in transfering in players specifically to play ball...

1]; } ?>