March 28, 2024, 10:30:00 AM

Author Topic: What going on with CIC his year?  (Read 11247 times)

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What going on with CIC his year?
« on: October 15, 2006, 10:09:55 AM »
 The QRC men started a thread similar to this but I wan to know if is just a shit side or the coach not good. I haven't seen the team other than the 6 Fatima gave us on our ground on schoolsoccernet. We have this new coach from Tottenham, but tell me who will leave tottenham to coach in the SSFL?
All the Saints men home allyuh let me know what goin on.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: What going on with CIC his year?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 10:40:25 AM »
For real, I have been out of touch with the school team. When did Hayden Martin stop coaching, is he retired from teaching? This is the worst perfomrance I have seen from them in years. The highlights schoolscoccernet showed me a very disorganised team, just chasing the ball around and no team structure

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 10:49:24 AM »
leston paul and sean  should be holding it down in the middle
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 10:53:34 AM »
For real, I have been out of touch with the school team. When did Hayden Martin stop coaching, is he retired from teaching? This is the worst perfomrance I have seen from them in years. The highlights schoolscoccernet showed me a very disorganised team, just chasing the ball around and no team structure

Martin coached last season and I believe he is still teaching

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 11:04:22 AM »
CIC deserves to get relegeated.. and i am a loyal fan and student...     our team is unfit..not that good.. and too soft.. 

and...  These coaches are in way over they head..  they are panicking now...  he hasnt played a team together   every game it is a new team...    the team has no chemistry  and all the passion has run out

It is embarrassing....    i have given up  and the players look like they have given up....

Time to go back to England for them coaches.. all the students dont like them...   they shout throughout the game constantly  yelling at the players while on thwe ball which you are not supposed to do...   nobody wants them here...  the assistant coach is kix and the head coach is an arrogant ass...    but  BRING BACK MARTIN !    if martin had motivation we could do well  but after 25 years of coaching  you tend to lose motivation  so i understand y he quit....     but these two coaches have nothing on martin...     

the only people that like the coach and the way he coaches is 3/4 d players  other than dat. they are not welcomed... lets put it that way

still supporting dem 2 de end..

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 11:05:16 AM »
I almost feeling sorry for all yuh.  Almost.   :rotfl:
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 11:06:07 AM »
It ent have nuttin no coach could do with that CIC side.

Yuh forget what Whim say or what...diamonds could be polished but yuh cyar do nuttin with big stone.

Cic ent even have big stone that you could at least use as door stop or to buss man head....is a setta pebble.

Cic doe have footballers on d team, is a setta men who not as skillful, fit or have a physical prescece to compete with any of the other teams.

De Silva is also out of his depth in the Colleges league or at least on this St Marys side.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 11:24:25 AM »
The last season i was in school was in 02 and although we didnt have a bomb squad as in 2000, the team had chemistry and martin had the fellas playin discipline football. Clavery had men fit but its like the team have no pride this year. That left back we have like he have no clue how to defend or jockey. I've never seen a wing back come up to an opposing winger and stand up flat footed like that (Fatima game). I think the only chance we have is against Malick although they are extemely confident after their recent win but it seems like 2nd eleven for us next year.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 11:37:33 AM »
at least my CIC memories are good ones .. .dem boys were good.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 03:17:04 PM »
I been wondering the same thing. It hard to see week after week we gettin licks so, especially the way we losing. It really seem like the pride and passion not there like it used to be
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 03:51:21 PM »
So what allyuh saying, CIC going down again like in '82.Ah only sorry because de ain't have any local rivalry pro to school ball like a QRC/CIC clash dat is spoken about from  generation to generation.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 04:15:42 PM »
at least my CIC memories are good ones .. .dem boys were good.
same here
is de new generation man  :D :D :D :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 04:54:28 PM »
all I have to say is relegation

imaging all yuh had to play St James sec and International School next season

sad
so sad

Més que un club.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 05:45:59 PM »
correct me if i wrong but if a team in the first eleven win then nobody does go down? That stillstand? and how is CIC second elevn doing?

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 06:30:09 PM »
all i see on the field are a bunch of individuals trying to be the hero not a team stiving for a common goal... im in upper 6 so i kinda sux that my last memory of the team while in skool would be them getting relegated... i can just hope that when my brother gets onto the team he'll be able to play for a team that's just as effective as the team i remembered in form 1 or else i'll just advise him not to bother

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 06:30:59 PM »
i eh go lie.... cic out of 1st division football go be kinda strange....ah mean to be playin in a division where half d teams in it home ground is d savannah.....lololol  :rotfl: daz a hardluck dey.....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 08:02:35 PM »
Wha goin' on wid CIC this year ?

simple - this year, CIC is sh*t-

...and newsflash- last year they were sh*t too......

Small Mag strap on yuh boots and rescue yuh side
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:06:38 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 08:28:49 PM »
I said it when I saw the CIC vs. St. Anthony's game and quite a few of the guys who have seen them this year saying the same thing.

I remember when I was in school and actually for some years after I left one of the characterstics of a CIC team (and a Fatima team too for that matter) was a never say die attitude. It was a matter of pride to play for your school so you played hard until the final whistle. I remember a Malik supporter back in the Dwarika days saying that the CIC games always made him nervous because we never stopped working, even when losing.

This team has nothing close to that. Physically most of them are weak. Only the 2 centre backs and Beggs seem to have the physical strength to cope with their opponents. Who remembers Mark Anatol or Brendon Moze? Not physically strong players, but mentally battled harder than anyone else on the field. They were determined and would give everything they had while on the field. Every time Lakhan-Joseph is tackled hard he stays on the ground, even if the guy got all ball. He complains about physical play and won't fight back if the ball is lost near to him. The left back is a dunce... looks like he never played big field football until this year. The rest are like Lakhan-Joseph, not prepared to make the other team work hard physically.

Talking to one of the players I also think that they've given up. They're gutless and pride in playing for your school is something "old farts" like us discuss at the annual cook up. Their physical shortcomings might only have meant that they finished 3rd or 4th, but without the mental strength they've doomed themselves to relegation.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 08:40:09 PM »
I said it when I saw the CIC vs. St. Anthony's game and quite a few of the guys who have seen them this year saying the same thing.

I remember when I was in school and actually for some years after I left one of the characterstics of a CIC team (and a Fatima team too for that matter) was a never say die attitude. It was a matter of pride to play for your school so you played hard until the final whistle. I remember a Malik supporter back in the Dwarika days saying that the CIC games always made him nervous because we never stopped working, even when losing.

This team has nothing close to that. Physically most of them are weak. Only the 2 centre backs and Beggs seem to have the physical strength to cope with their opponents. Who remembers Mark Anatol or Brendon Moze? Not physically strong players, but mentally battled harder than anyone else on the field. They were determined and would give everything they had while on the field. Every time Lakhan-Joseph is tackled hard he stays on the ground, even if the guy got all ball. He complains about physical play and won't fight back if the ball is lost near to him. The left back is a dunce... looks like he never played big field football until this year. The rest are like Lakhan-Joseph, not prepared to make the other team work hard physically.

Talking to one of the players I also think that they've given up. They're gutless and pride in playing for your school is something "old farts" like us discuss at the annual cook up. Their physical shortcomings might only have meant that they finished 3rd or 4th, but without the mental strength they've doomed themselves to relegation.

Yuh probly hit the nail right on the head there, and if that is the case, then it's really a shame that after all the years of such a rich football tradition, thats what the attitude of the CIC players has come to
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 05:39:16 AM »

Martin coached last season and I believe he is still teaching

I spoke personally with Mr. Martin after the end of last season. He complained that over the years he had noted a net deterioration in the mental discipline of the player, that these were guys who didn't believe in taking advice and that he was to put it simply, just ... tired of banging his head against a brick wall. I don't know if he would have been kept on if he was willing, but I got the impression that he had pure and simply just lost faith.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 05:56:18 AM »
They're looking like they belong in the bullers association with fatima  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 06:05:50 AM »
They're looking like they belong in the bullers association with fatima  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

well saga, as president of that association i sure you will facilitate the subscription right?  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 06:12:50 AM »

well saga, as president of that association i sure you will facilitate the subscription right?  ::)

I only playing boss,I'm saying they're looking that bad it's not like them,all picong........ 

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 06:54:14 AM »
all I have to say is relegation

imaging all yuh had to play St James sec and International School next season

sad
so sad

So wah wrong with playing St. James Sec. ??? ???   :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 08:32:56 AM »
so does last place play the winner of 2nd eleven and the winner play 1st eleven or is it straight relegation? Cuz i remember Fatima losing to Success he yr the went down.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 08:44:19 AM »
i think its the last place goes down right away and he 2nd too las team has a play off against the winner of 2nd eleven

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 09:02:38 AM »
So what allyuh saying, CIC going down again like in '82.Ah only sorry because de ain't have any local rivalry pro to school ball like a QRC/CIC clash dat is spoken about from  generation to generation.

After that Mr Martin took and we bounced back better than ever after that relegation.  We had quality teams from 83 right through 89
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 09:54:33 AM »

After that Mr Martin took and we bounced back better than ever after that relegation.  We had quality teams from 83 right through 89

Those were the days man, we had quality teams from 80 to 89. From Nakhid, Skeene, Hackett brothers, Gonzales, Briggs, King, Thomas, Rocke brothers Moze Brothers, Timothy,Viera,Pichery,Regis brothers, Olivere, Henry and the list goes on, I played colts up until I was going into form 5, but had the pleasure of training with Martin for 2 years and I' ll tell you his training sessions were very focused on technique,tactics and fitness eg. running up chancellor hill, back to St. Mary's grounds and end with a scrimmage. QRC and Fatima games were thunder and were always nail biting encounters.

Players today don't put their heart into the game anymore and I am referring to the CIC., Where has the passion gone?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:09:59 AM by grskywalker »

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 11:40:26 AM »

Those were the days man, we had quality teams from 80 to 89. From Nakhid, Skeene, Hackett brothers, Gonzales, Briggs, King, Thomas, Rocke brothers Moze Brothers, Timothy,Viera,Pichery,Regis brothers, Olivere, Henry and the list goes on, I played colts up until I was going into form 5, but had the pleasure of training with Martin for 2 years and I' ll tell you his training sessions were very focused on technique,tactics and fitness eg. running up chancellor hill, back to St. Mary's grounds and end with a scrimmage. QRC and Fatima games were thunder and were always nail biting encounters.

Players today don't put their heart into the game anymore and I am referring to the CIC., Where has the passion gone?

From 95 to 00 we had good teams, 96 and and 00 especially but we always had men who played for their heart out in the stripes. But this is a yellow belly generation.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 12:10:02 PM »
This is a sad thing for real no more cic-fatima-qrc games.  Not good for the colleges league, would never have thought this would happen.
Hey looking forward to the Poly-cic classic

1]; } ?>