March 28, 2024, 10:32:31 AM

Author Topic: FIFA News Thread.  (Read 109278 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA News Thread.
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2015, 09:45:53 AM »
I really not feeling this. This is not a shake up of FIFA.

If Jack can take Kams and co with him I will be happy like pappy. FIFA is a gang you get rid of 1 leader another will emerge.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2015, 09:50:22 AM »
This is a farce for the US to takeover the regional football and payback for 2022. Watch and see if another Caribbean person ever run CONCACAF. If alyuh think Sancho want to kill football, wait until is only 2 spots for CONCACAF and the voting block of the CFU destroyed.

Every tournament now will be in the US, Mexico and Canada.

This next one, lol.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2015, 09:54:19 AM »
This is a farce for the US to takeover the regional football and payback for 2022. Watch and see if another Caribbean person ever run CONCACAF. If alyuh think Sancho want to kill football, wait until is only 2 spots for CONCACAF and the voting block of the CFU destroyed.

This next one, lol.

I know right. American exceptionalism at it's best. Where banks can do insider trading all day long and no one goes to jail. But you know how serious us Yanks take our footb uh, soccer.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2015, 10:03:26 AM »
I really not feeling this. This is not a shake up of FIFA.

If Jack can take Kams and co with him I will be happy like pappy. FIFA is a gang you get rid of 1 leader another will emerge.

Same thing I saying all de time about T&T government, get rid of Kamla and a next one will emerge, PNM,UNC, same f00cking kakie pants.

Rowley is a f00cking ediot to

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2015, 10:07:41 AM »

Good talking.

Concacaf go be North America alone just now and de rest of Concacaf go have to play in Conmebol.

It good cause when we own get in power they does f00ck it up for everybody

« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:14:01 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2015, 10:14:21 AM »
I know right. American exceptionalism at it's best. Where banks can do insider trading all day long and no one goes to jail. But you know how serious us Yanks take our footb uh, soccer.

Dred if you hate the US so much then why yuh pack up in de people and dem country?  Focus that energy on moving back to Trinidad and helping it.  You come like some ah dem Indians (like Sat Maharaj) who only love to run down Trinidad while bigging up India... well move tuh f**k back already.  This has nothing to do with "American exceptionalism"... CONCACAF under Jack and Blazer was thiefing money left and right and not paying taxes.  You really that dunce to think that any of this is over football?  I'm sure the US getting slighted for the WC probably caused somebody in the USSF to sic the FBI on CONCACAF, but you schupid enough to have yuh HQ in one of the more aggressive US Attorney's office, and thiefing money hand over fist.  The DOJ bring down Al Capone on tax evasion charges but they should let CONCACAF slide?  Sometimes is best to just hush and let you talk yes.  You's ah accidental comedian... ah natural joker without even trying.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2015, 10:35:07 AM »

At least one person in this thread is on the ball. :thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2015, 10:36:32 AM »

Breds, we can't have it both ways. We bemoan the corruption that permeates in FIFA, Wall Street, TT etc. and we refuse to do anything about it. Why? because we are inept, scared or ourselves corrupt to do anything about it. When the U.S. stepped a bring charges, you now slamming the U.S. Is 2006 when this exploded. Nine years later , nine friggin years. That eh long enough, Breds. The Euro Union was not going to do anything. Who else do you call? GhostBusters?

Every tournament in the US, Canada, Mexico. You have a point there. But look at the irony! This same Crooked Jack Warner use his power and influences to have the TT govt build 4 stadiums and we hosted two junior WC. Also, we used to host a lot of Concacaf junior WC qualifying tournaments, which enable two junior team to go to the junior WC in Egypt and Korea.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:56:47 AM by Deeks »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2015, 10:37:10 AM »
I have fought fearlessly against all forms of injustice and corruption.  - Austin "Jack" Warner

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2015, 10:39:09 AM »
Bakes
You's ah accidental comedian
I hope you didn't copyright that...I plan to use it

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »

What if some of the alleged corruption money was used to finance UNC/PP election campaign in 2010? What next?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2015, 10:53:40 AM »
I suspect that with Sunil Gulati being on the maFiFA Exec Committee that some of the impetus behind this may have come from him. It would be interesting how he responds to this.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2015, 10:55:04 AM »

What if some of the alleged corruption money was used to finance UNC/PP election campaign in 2010? What next?
Let's see how Kamla responds providing she is so advised

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2015, 11:27:42 AM »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2015, 11:30:19 AM »

I am definitely no US fan either, but even the broken clock is right twice a day. This is one of the rare times the US uses its long arm, correct and right. Looking at her short tenure I would like to hope is Loretta Lynch and if so, look forward to the continued shaking up of the system.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2015, 11:31:43 AM »
I am definitely no US fan either, but even the broken clock is right twice a day. This is one of the rare times the US uses its long arm, correct and right. Looking at her short tenure I would like to hope is Loretta Lynch and if so, look forward to the continued shaking up of the system.

Nothing short about her tenure... she's been overseeing the investigations for the past three years as US Attorney for the EDNY.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2015, 11:34:24 AM »

Nothing short about her tenure... she's been overseeing the investigations for the past three years as US Attorney for the EDNY.

I understand his comment to be a reference to the future, rather than the past. End of the present administration's term ... etc.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2015, 11:36:10 AM »

Agreed. As much as the US is doing the right thing ethically, I have a feeling they'll eventually take over CONCACAF.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2015, 11:42:03 AM »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2015, 11:46:09 AM »
what will be interesting is to see how the European countries respond in terms of prosecuting FIFA for laws that may have been violated.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2015, 11:48:26 AM »
Guys, the U.S. and before Mexico have long been the financial power in Concacaf. The CFU with our voting bloc has been the political power. This will not change. But we collectively need to have the strength, wisdom and integrity to use this power for our betterment. For too long we have squandered this position with corruption, greed and lack of foresight.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2015, 11:54:16 AM »
My initial and only response to this news so far is........ :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers: :cheers: :party: :party: :wavetowel:

Thanks Uncle Sam!!  I will most likely never back your shyte "soccer" team but ah leaving dat aside for today...... Thanks again eh......;D ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2015, 11:57:41 AM »
Wow now UEFA have called for a postponement of the Elections and they are ready to Boycott FIFA

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2015, 12:02:13 PM »
Statement by FIFA President Blatter
FIFA.COM

This is a difficult time for football, the fans and for FIFA as an organisation. We understand the disappointment that many have expressed and I know that the events of today will impact the way in which many people view us.

As unfortunate as these events are, it should be clear that we welcome the actions and the investigations by the US and Swiss authorities and believe that it will help to reinforce measures that FIFA has already taken to root out any wrongdoing in football.

While there will be many who are frustrated with the pace of change, I would like to stress the actions that we have taken and will continue to take. In fact, today’s action by the Swiss Office of the Attorney General was set in motion when we submitted a dossier to the Swiss authorities late last year.

Let me be clear: such misconduct has no place in football and we will ensure that those who engage in it are put out of the game. Following the events of today, the independent Ethics Committee – which is in the midst of its own proceedings regarding the awarding of the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups - took swift action to provisionally ban those individuals named by the authorities from any football-related activities at the national and international level. These actions are on top of similar steps that FIFA has taken over the past year to exclude any members who violate our own Code of Ethics.

We will continue to work with the relevant authorities and we will work vigorously within FIFA in order to root out any misconduct, to regain your trust and ensure that football worldwide is free from wrongdoing.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:30:23 PM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2015, 12:03:10 PM »
Here Are the FIFA Officials Indicted on Corruption Charges
nytimes.com.

A look at the 14 people, including FIFA officials, who face racketeering, conspiracy and corruption charges in the United States.

Jeffrey Webb

Webb, 50, has been president of Concacaf, the regional confederation representing North and Central America and the Caribbean, since 2012. That post also makes him a vice president of FIFA. His arrest might be the biggest surprise: Webb is widely hailed as a voice for change in world soccer, and he has pressed FIFA to be more proactive in fighting corruption and mismanagement. He was among the few voices who pressed FIFA to release the entire report into the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. Webb has also taken the lead in fighting racism in the game; he currently leads FIFA's anti-discrimination task force.

Jack Warner

Warner, 72, was a dominant force in Concacaf and FIFA politics for nearly 30 years until he resigned all of his positions in the wake of numerous charges of corruption and bribery against him. Because of FIFA rules at the time he retired in 2011, Warner’s resignation brought to an end all ethics proceedings against him. That prevented a public airing of the charges – “the presumption of innocence is maintained,” FIFA said in announcing his departure – including allegations that he had benefited from reselling World Cup tickets and television rights and that he had used FIFA funds to build a $26 million training center on property that he owned, making him its de facto owner. Warner dismissed a report detailing his financial mismanagement of Concacaf as "baseless and malicious" when it was released in 2013. "I left Concacaf and turned my back on football two years ago," he said. "Since then, I have had no interest in any football-related matter."

Eugenio Figueredo

Figueredo, 83, was the president of Uruguay's soccer federation from 1997 to 2006, and served as the vice president of Conmebol, the governing body for soccer in South America, from 1993 to 2013. He ascended to the presidency of the federation when Nicolás Leoz of Paraguay resigned from FIFA; Leoz cited "health and personal" reasons for his resignation, but he had been accused of soliciting bribes for his vote in the competition for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. Figueredo's time on the Executive Committee was short, however; he recently lost his seat to another Paraguayan, Juan Ángel Napout.

Eduardo Li

A businessman with Chinese roots, Li is the president of Costa Rica's soccer federation and is to join FIFA's executive committee this week. Last year, he oversaw Costa Rica's hosting of the Under-17 Women's World Cup. He is also a member of the executive committee of Concacaf and of the panel that oversees its regional championship tournament, the Gold Cup.

Nicolás Leoz

Leoz, 86, served as president of Conmebol, the South American soccer association, from 1986 to 2013 and was a longtime member of FIFA's executive committee, but he resigned both positions two years ago, citing health and personal issues. His resignation came after he was accused of taking kickbacks from a former FIFA marketing partner during the 1990s, and after an official for England's 2018 World Cup bid said Leoz had demanded a knighthood in exchange for his vote.

José Maria Marin

Marin, 83, was president of the Brazilian soccer federation from 2012 until April of this year, and as a result was the head of Brazilian soccer when it hosted the 2014 World Cup. He is also a member of the organizing committee for next year's Olympic soccer tournament in Rio. Of Brazil's humiliating 7-1 defeat to Germany in the semifinal, which shattered the country's fans and prevented the team from lifting the Cup at home, Marin said this year: "We don't want to blame Brazil's lack of success in the World Cup on anyone in particular; I believe we are all to blame."

FIFA DEVELOPMENT OFFICER

Julio Rocha

Rocha is the former president of the Nicaraguan soccer federation and also serves as a FIFA development officer. Formerly the president of the Central American Football Union.

Rafael Esquivel

Esquivel, 68, has been the president of Venezuela's soccer federation since 1988, making him the longest-serving national federation president in South America.

Costas Takkas

Takkas is the former general secretary of the Cayman Islands soccer federation, of which Webb is president.

Aaron Davidson

Davidson is the president of Traffic Sports USA — a promoter of soccer events — and chairman of the board of the North American Soccer League.

Alejandro Burzaco

Burzaco, a media executive, controls Torneos y Competencias, a sports marketing business based in Argentina.

Hugo and Mariano Jinkis

Both are soccer media executives with businesses based in Argentina.

José Margulies

Margulies was charged with being an intermediary who facilitated illegal payments.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2015, 12:05:48 PM »
Independent Ethics Committee bans 11 individuals from football-related activities
FIFA.COM

On the basis of investigations carried out by the investigatory chamber of the Ethics Committee and the latest facts presented by the US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York, the chairman of the adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee, Hans-Joachim Eckert, today banned provisionally 11 individuals from carrying out any football-related activities on a national and international level.

The decision was taken upon the request of the chairman of the investigatory chamber, Dr Cornel Borbély, based on art. 83 par.1 of the FIFA Code of Ethics.

“The charges are clearly related to football and are of such a serious nature that it was imperative to take swift and immediate action. The proceedings will follow their course in line with the FIFA Code of Ethics,” said Chairman Eckert.

The banned individuals are: Jeffrey Webb, Eduardo Li, Julio Rocha, Costas Takkas, Jack Warner, Eugenio Figueredo, Rafael Esquivel, José Maria Marin, Nicolás Leoz, Chuck Blazer and Daryll Warner.

Source: FIFA; 27 May 2015

Read the specific action taken by FIFA pertaining to each of the individuals here:

http://www.fifa.com/governance/news/y=2015/m=5/news=independent-ethics-committee-bans-11-individuals-from-football-related-2609267.html

« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:33:45 PM by Flex »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2015, 12:08:12 PM »
I understand his comment to be a reference to the future, rather than the past. End of the present administration's term ... etc.

Read in context "given that she just got into office, I'd like to think that it was Loretta Lynch who is behind this prosecution..."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2015, 12:40:20 PM »
... Alejandro Burzaco

Burzaco, a media executive, controls Torneos y Competencias, a sports marketing business based in Argentina.

In London: on the way to Zurich; FIFA Congress. Famous last words.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2015, 12:45:32 PM »
Statement: FIFA is fully cooperating as injured party in the actions by Swiss authorities

FIFA welcomes actions that can help contribute to rooting out any wrongdoing in football. We understand that today’s actions by the Swiss Federal Office of Justice on behalf of the US authorities and the Swiss Office of the Attorney General (initiated by FIFA through the submission of the file on the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup bidding process) relate to different matters.

Firstly, the arrest of six individuals this morning in Zurich concerns investigations by the US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of the State of New York. The Swiss authorities, acting on behalf of their US counterparts, arrested the individuals for activities carried out in relation with CONCACAF and CONMEBOL business.

The second instance follows FIFA’s initiative of presenting the file on the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup™ bidding process to the Swiss Office of the Attorney General in November 2014. The authorities are taking the opportunity of the FIFA Congress to interview those FIFA Executive Committee members who are not Swiss residents who voted back in 2010 and are still in office.

Today, the Swiss Office of the Attorney General announced that it has opened criminal proceedings against persons unknown in relation to the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup™ bidding process. FIFA is fully cooperating with the investigation and is supporting the collection of evidence in this regard. As noted by the Swiss authorities, this collection of evidence is being carried out on a cooperative basis.

We are pleased to see that the investigation is being energetically pursued for the good of football and believe that it will help to reinforce measures that FIFA has already taken.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

1]; } ?>