April 24, 2024, 03:32:42 PM

Author Topic: FIFA News Thread.  (Read 110503 times)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA News Thread.
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2015, 10:26:24 AM »
When Blazer spend a night in Jail only then I will send Jack to answer charges, Everybody theif money from Havalanch come straight up to Blatter. In fact they did not theif they pay themself which is what every company in the world does. They pay the leaders.

You cant let the American "Theif" have immunity and lock up the Trinidadian one.

Jack did not create this FIFA way of doing business.

He simply fall in and they show him how to do it.

It may be against american business practice but it is inline with FIFA business practice.

yes they may have break some American Laws but usa does not have jurisdiction over FIFA and how fifa does business.
I guess FIFA should look into buying a small island like T&T then...where they can change the laws to suit their needs....and not sign extradition treaties. F0rk a Google!  ;D  sigh. ppor jack.  if he did stay in the game the dons woulda keep him safe :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:27:58 AM by kounty »

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 28, 2015, 10:30:41 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zb3cjEoni4o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zb3cjEoni4o</a>
    Partner I doubt the US really doing this to gain control over world football, but if you buy into that theory, yuh could do a lot better than to quote Putin. He has a direct interest in making sure FIFA's secrets regarding the WC bids are kept hidden. What Putin doing here is mostly for his constituents and plays into his broader narrative that the West out to get Russia and it's us vs them... Putin taking front because he knows what could be found and wants to make sure his people are doubtful enough that any revelations will be cast aside as the West disrespecting Russia. I also find it laughable that Putin is now the defender of international sovereignty...

I don't doubt that Sepp is the big target and that's why the Swiss have launched the investigation into 2018 and 2022 WC bids. I am also pretty sure that whatever information the accused have to share will be passed to the Swiss in their broader investigation.

Also as for the US overreaching, the charges unveiled yesterday are very focused on the Concacaf side of business and pretty clearly establish a link to the US and jurisdiction for US law enforcement and courts. 

• Concacaf is headquartered in the US
    • Four of the charge/arrested/indicted are US citizens: Chuck Blazer, Aaron Davidson-the sports marketing guy, Eugenio Figueredo-the Uruguayan and naturalized US citizen who is also charged with lying on his citizenship application, and one of Jack sons
    • Traffic Sports USA is headquartered in Miami (one of the sports marketing firms that paid bribes
    • Over $100M in bribes were paid related to the 2016 Copa America that being held in the US
    • Warner sons was flying up and down the US depositing bribe money in under $10K US chunks into accounts for people
    • Some of the bribe money for Jeffrey Webb went to build a pool and was put in a US bank in GA for a US contractor

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 28, 2015, 10:33:25 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zb3cjEoni4o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zb3cjEoni4o</a>
    Partner I doubt the US really doing this to gain control over world football, but if you buy into that theory, yuh could do a lot better than to quote Putin. He has a direct interest in making sure FIFA's secrets regarding the WC bids are kept hidden. What Putin doing here is mostly for his constituents and plays into his broader narrative that the West out to get Russia and it's us vs them... Putin taking front because he knows what could be found and wants to make sure his people are doubtful enough that any revelations will be cast aside as the West disrespecting Russia. I also find it laughable that Putin is now the defender of international sovereignty...

I don't doubt that Sepp is the big target and that's why the Swiss have launched the investigation into 2018 and 2022 WC bids. I am also pretty sure that whatever information the accused have to share will be passed to the Swiss in their broader investigation.

Also as for the US overreaching, the charges unveiled yesterday are very focused on the Concacaf side of business and pretty clearly establish a link to the US and jurisdiction for US law enforcement and courts. 

• Four of the charge/arrested/indicted are US citizens: Chuck Blazer, Aaron Davidson-the sports marketing guy, Eugenio Figueredo-the Uruguayan and naturalized US citizen who is also charged with lying on his citizenship application, and one of Jack sons
    • Traffic Sports USA is headquartered in Miami (one of the sports marketing firms that paid bribes
    • Over $100M in bribes were paid related to the 2016 Copa America that being held in the US
    • Warner sons was flying up and down the US depositing bribe money in under $10K US chunks into accounts for people
    • Some of the bribe money for Jeffrey Webb went to build a pool and was put in a US bank in GA for a US contractor

NO need in spilling so much of your guts trying to convince me that America has no personal interest in the matter. I am posting the news similar to how other posters are posting the news. If you are bothered with what Putin is saying I cannot help you.[/list]
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:35:00 AM by Sando prince »

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
      • View Profile
    « Reply #183 on: May 28, 2015, 10:42:07 AM »

NO need in spilling so much of your guts trying to convince me that America has no personal interest in the matter. I am posting the news similar to how other posters are posting the news. If you are bothered with what Putin is saying I cannot help you.[/list]

Well thanks for posting that piece of "news" and furthering the discussion on the board.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
        • View Profile
      « Reply #184 on: May 28, 2015, 10:44:29 AM »

Well thanks for posting that piece of "news" and furthering the discussion on the board.

Don't get too excited just yet. I have much more of that same "news" to post in the near future.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
        • Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        CONCACAF Announces Actions taken by Executive Committee
        « Reply #185 on: May 28, 2015, 11:47:59 AM »
        CONCACAF Announces Actions taken by Executive Committee
        CONCACAF.com

The Confederation of North, Central America and the Caribbean Football Association (CONCACAF) announced today that in accordance with the Confederation’s Statutes, the Executive Committee provisionally dismissed Jeffrey Webb and Eduardo Li, and -- also in accordance with its Statutes -- named Senior Vice President Alfredo Hawit as CONCACAF President.

The Executive Committee appointed Victor Montagliani, the President of the Canadian Soccer Association, Justino Compean, the President of the Mexican Soccer Federation and Sunil Gulati, the President of U.S. Soccer Federation to a Special Committee charged with the duties of evaluating and sustaining all of the business operations of the Confederation in the wake of the indictments brought against certain members of FIFA and CONCACAF.

The Executive Committee also placed General Secretary Enrique Sanz on a leave of absence to begin immediately. In addition, the confederation’s Deputy General Secretary, Ted Howard has been appointed by the Executive Committee as acting General Secretary. Howard takes over the administrative functions of the day to day business of the Confederation in absence of Enrique Sanz.

“While we are profoundly disappointed by the allegations made by authorities that again, CONCACAF has been the victim of fraud, we remain committed to CONCACAF’s goal to develop, promote and manage the game of soccer,” said CONCACAF President Alfredo Hawit. “We have now taken the appropriate steps to maintain our operations and continue to deliver on our commitments to all of our constituents, including our fans, members, as well as commercial and broadcast partners. We also continue to cooperate with the ongoing investigation by governmental authorities, which have not placed any restrictions on our ongoing activities.”
        The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #186 on: May 28, 2015, 01:27:39 PM »
        So the big money North American federations grabbed some power. 
        Hawit is Honduran.  Any CFU guys have good positions?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
        • Hero Warrior
        • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
          • View Profile
        « Reply #187 on: May 28, 2015, 01:29:17 PM »
        So guess what keeping Jack in jail  :rotfl: :rotfl: this way to funny yes. They having problem with the deeds to secure bail. He tie things up so much he in ah knot now.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
        <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #188 on: May 28, 2015, 01:48:59 PM »
        Nope...that's it for CFU

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #189 on: May 28, 2015, 01:57:53 PM »
        So guess what keeping Jack in jail  :rotfl: :rotfl: this way to funny yes. They having problem with the deeds to secure bail. He tie things up so much he in ah knot now.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That is rich! May he sit and stew!
        Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
        • Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #190 on: May 28, 2015, 03:02:09 PM »
        In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
        • Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #191 on: May 28, 2015, 03:03:34 PM »
        It has Begun. :)

In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #192 on: May 28, 2015, 03:21:06 PM »

CFU would be foolish to play coward. They still have the numbers in their favour. If they allow the power brokers to split their vote, then they will have a hard time. They still have to work together as a unit to get some things in their favour. The 3 Spanish members may side with the Central Americans. They will still have numbers in their favour.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #193 on: May 28, 2015, 03:29:28 PM »

https://twitter.com/jackwarnertt/status/604011671804329984

The release of #JackWarner from the Frederick Street prison appears to be imminent as his attorneys arrive.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 03:32:53 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #194 on: May 28, 2015, 04:46:40 PM »
        TTFA voting for Blatter or Ali ?

RT @SamBorden: BREAKING: Sunil Gulati, US Soccer pres, says USA will vote for Prince Ali in #FIFA election. Canada Soccer Assoc. also supporting Prince Ali

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #195 on: May 28, 2015, 05:22:26 PM »

RT @SamBorden: BREAKING: Sunil Gulati, US Soccer pres, says USA will vote for Prince Ali in #FIFA election. Canada Soccer Assoc. also supporting Prince Ali

What is Sepp power base? Africa, CONCACAF and S. America? Definitely not Europe and the Price may split the Asia vote. Could it really be close for Sepp this year?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #196 on: May 28, 2015, 05:33:19 PM »

What is Sepp power base? Africa, CONCACAF and S. America? Definitely not Europe and the Price may split the Asia vote. Could it really be close for Sepp this year?

Majority of Asia, Africa and South America is in support of Blatter. There is no chance of him losing.

The Nigerian FA President was on news saying Blatter did a lot to develop the smaller and poorer nations in football.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
        • Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #197 on: May 28, 2015, 05:39:09 PM »
        Majority of Asia, Africa and South America is in support of Blatter. There is no chance of him losing.

The Nigerian FA President was on news saying Blatter did a lot to develop the smaller and poorer nations in football.

Blatter's base is Asia and Africa, he doesn't have CONMEBOL... although some Federations may vote for him independently.  Contrary to what you say, there's a fair chance that he could be defeated.

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #198 on: May 28, 2015, 05:39:52 PM »
        It's about time we cut the cancer from the beautiful game!! Over the years these greedy pigs have been feeding from the trough now it's time for porridge !!! Keep football clean and transparent
        Fail to prepare - Prepare to fail

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #199 on: May 28, 2015, 05:46:58 PM »

Blatter's base is Asia and Africa, he doesn't have CONMEBOL... although some Federations may vote for him independently.  Contrary to what you say, there's a fair chance that he could be defeated.

When the votes are casted we will be right here to see them. I am leaning towards the results not being close.

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #200 on: May 28, 2015, 05:52:18 PM »
        Septic blatter will be re elected just watch :cursing:
        « Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:53:58 PM by gb8702 »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #201 on: May 28, 2015, 05:52:25 PM »

Offline gb8702

• Jr. Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #202 on: May 28, 2015, 05:57:44 PM »

jack Teflon Warner times against you me thinks this time it will stick, unless you squeal.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
        • Hero Warrior
        • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
          • View Profile
        « Reply #203 on: May 28, 2015, 05:58:42 PM »
        Here's the question. Do we really think this is just about misappropriation of money? The US and England was over the moon in Russia and Qatar hosting the WC (there are some true concerns). The South African choice was criticized, and even the choice of Brazil came under some fire - it's a good thing the footballing world is more misogynistic than socially conscious.

So there is a group who's pushing and applauding these investigation who have previously shown that the WC may potentially be rotated to only a few of the bigger, "less corrupted" countries. Currently we are poised to have future WCs in USA, Europe (mainstream countries), and Asia may get tossed a bone.

Notice at the podium the ONLY WC hosting allocations to be referenced as tainted are SA, Russia and Qatar. No mention of how come the US was awarded a WC without even having a Pro League. What sort of "deals" were cut to pull that off? The wild card of Japan/Korea? No question there?
        <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #204 on: May 28, 2015, 06:12:04 PM »
        Here's the question. Do we really think this is just about misappropriation of money? The US and England was over the moon in Russia and Qatar hosting the WC (there are some true concerns). The South African choice was criticized, and even the choice of Brazil came under some fire - it's a good thing the footballing world is more misogynistic than socially conscious.

So there is a group who's pushing and applauding these investigation who have previously shown that the WC may potentially be rotated to only a few of the bigger, "less corrupted" countries. Currently we are poised to have future WCs in USA, Europe (mainstream countries), and Asia may get tossed a bone.

Notice at the podium the ONLY WC hosting allocations to be referenced as tainted are SA, Russia and Qatar. No mention of how come the US was awarded a WC without even having a Pro League. What sort of "deals" were cut to pull that off? The wild card of Japan/Korea? No question there?
        supposedly the corruption only goes back 24 years........yuh tink dem easy

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #205 on: May 28, 2015, 06:31:05 PM »
        FIFPRO Statement

FIFPro has severe concerns about allegations linking the administration of football to a culture of impropriety. While concurrent investigations are ongoing, the claims involved are deeply troubling and a responsible stakeholder cannot idly sit still and accept what has seemingly become standard operating procedure within the world’s most popular sport.

As the officially recognised representative for professional footballers worldwide, FIFPro condemns any form of corruption or collusion which threatens the integrity of the game and welfare of its players. Any investigation that helps to repair the image of football should be welcomed and extended to ensure all actors accused of misrepresenting football across the globe are held accountable.

Current events have been important in helping underscore the prospect of genuine reform and principles of good governance. Never before have calls for wholesale reform been so loud. Football belongs to everyone and it is the responsibility of all stakeholders to address these challenges together. It is unacceptable that football continues to be plagued by continual scandal, which goes to the heart of a governance structure that has failed to uphold the values of fair play.

Through FIFPro, the world’s professional footballers must have a greater say in how the game evolves. Broad and democratic stakeholder involvement, including the players, is critical in aligning the game to respond to the challenges it is facing.

As part of delivering a new and improved regulatory framework which safeguards football's future, both on and off the field, the players deserve strong and equal involvement along with control over issues that affect them as workers and humans and those which are at the core of our game.

Any high level decisions made should be undertaken with players’ interests in mind and the onus is on specific authorities to make the right decisions and fashion the appropriate structure of governance to create beneficial decisions for all stakeholders.

The current alleged behavior shows a perverse disregard for these important considerations. Any governance body or authority with jurisdiction over a specific industry must always consider all of its stakeholders’ interests when reaching a verdict and should refrain from strictly unilateral decision-making.

Certain past decisions have led FIFPro to question whether these essential principles are being upheld at the highest level of football’s governance. FIFPro underscores its commitment to fighting for the good of the players while preserving the sanctity of football and generating solutions which work to the benefit of all.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #206 on: May 28, 2015, 06:51:51 PM »
        No mention of how come the US was awarded a WC without even having a Pro League.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_1984_Summer_Olympics

When FIFA saw the massive crowd participation for the LA Olympics, they vow to bring the WC to the US. Pro league or not. From Wiki:

The Gold Medal game between France and Brazil at the Rose Bowl attracted an Olympic Games football attendance record of 101,799. As of 2014 this remains the record attendance for a football game in the United States. This broke the previous Olympics record attendance of 100,000 set at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia for the corresponding game of the 1956 Olympic Games played between the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia. The Rose Bowl attendance would remain the Olympic record until 104,098 attended the Gold Medal game of the 2000 Summer Olympics between Cameroon and Spain at the Stadium Australia in Sydney.
        « Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:21:03 PM by Deeks »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
        • Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #207 on: May 28, 2015, 07:49:52 PM »

Could all be some conspiracy to bring down the developing football nations as you suggest.  Or just maybe the players in this situation are mainly from these developing football nations or affiliated with CONCACAF.  England and the US were never "over the moon" about the Qatar and Russia outcomes, quite the opposite.  Yuh might want to google the meaning of the term.  As for the US getting the WC, perhaps some backroom deals went down... and perhaps FIFA also saw the US as a vast un-tapped market and wanted to promote the sport here.

...or again, it could be some kinda tabanca/grudge revenge thing to bring down de small man.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
        • Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #208 on: May 28, 2015, 07:52:37 PM »
        supposedly the corruption only goes back 24 years........yuh tink dem easy
        The corruption doesn't only go back 24 years, the evidence they have only goes back 24 years because the man who turn rat rose to prominence back then.  Some ah allyuh would do better to read de indictment... as though Loretta Lynch was mad that the US didn't get the WC.

Seriously.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
          • View Profile
        « Reply #209 on: May 28, 2015, 08:02:48 PM »
        Yeah I really can't believe people seeing conspiracy theories in this. You can't please trinis nah.
        And we as a people ent doing one facking ting to help we self.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>