March 28, 2024, 06:32:10 AM

Author Topic: FIFA News Thread.  (Read 109254 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: FIFA News Thread.
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2015, 02:03:04 AM »
Hislop backs Platini to become Fifa president
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Former T&T international and now ESPN analyst Shaka Hislop believes Frenchman Michel Platini is the favourite to take over as President of Fifa. Hislop was speaking on Tuesday as news broke of Sepp Blatter’s decision to step down as president of Fifa. Hislop said the latest development was a perfect opportunity to turn the game around.

“I believe this is an opportunity that football simply cannot turn down. “This is a chance to get the right person with the right vision to lead today’s football. Today’s football is a far cry from the football Sepp Blatter inherited in 1998,” Hislop said. “There has been slow change in the Confederations. For the first time in 20 years the Caribbean did not block votes.”

The former Newcastle United and Portsmouth goalkeeper made it clear that Platini was his choice to become the new Fifa president. “I said all along that I felt the only person involved in football with the charisma, the reputation to run against and potentially beat  Sepp Blatter was Michel Platini. Fair play to Prince Ali for putting his neck out there. “Nobody else had the spine to do that. I still see Platini as favourite as with the bookies,” Hislop said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2015, 02:03:47 AM »
Waldrum: Great day for football.

Past T&T women’s team head coach Randy Waldrum described the stepping down of Sepp Blatter on Tuesday as the best thing to happen for world football. Waldrum, speaking to US reporters on Tuesday, spoke about his time in charge of T&T women’s team both in 2008 and 2014. “I think it’s a great day,” Waldrum said.

He made reference to the challenges he faced while at the helm of the women’s team in T&T, saying: “It is no surprise that the whole federation and country has been a little corrupt in terms of not putting funding where it needs to go. I think that’s kind of a trickle-down effect of the problems that we have in Fifa in general.”

Waldrum knew what he was getting into from his first run coaching T&T in 2008. Waldrum noted that during that period Jack Warner had still been heavily involved in football. However he expects the current TTFA organisation to find a way out of its struggles. “I think the current regime in Trinidad is certainly not corrupt now,” Waldrum said.

“They removed Jack Warner and they put a new group in, but because of the financial hole that Jack Warner put the country in, they’re dealing in about a $6 million deficit to run the federation. “Blatter’s stepping down might be a game-changer,” Waldrum said. “After we lost the bid for 2018 and the 2022 World Cup, I think Blatter has been long known as one of these men who, like he said in his acceptance speech, he forgives but he never forgets,” he said.

“I think a lot of people, especially in the circles in the US and Europe, felt like once you speak out, the chances and the likelihood of you getting a World Cup or major world event are slim. So I think this puts us back in the picture.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 04, 2015, 02:47:59 AM »
Hislop backs Platini to become Fifa president

Former T&T international and now ESPN analyst Shaka Hislop believes Frenchman Michel Platini is the favourite to take over as President of Fifa. Hislop was speaking on Tuesday as news broke of Sepp Blatter’s decision to step down as president of Fifa. Hislop said the latest development was a perfect opportunity to turn the game around.

“I believe this is an opportunity that football simply cannot turn down. “This is a chance to get the right person with the right vision to lead today’s football. Today’s football is a far cry from the football Sepp Blatter inherited in 1998,” Hislop said. “There has been slow change in the Confederations. For the first time in 20 years the Caribbean did not block votes.”

The former Newcastle United and Portsmouth goalkeeper made it clear that Platini was his choice to become the new Fifa president. “I said all along that I felt the only person involved in football with the charisma, the reputation to run against and potentially beat  Sepp Blatter was Michel Platini. Fair play to Prince Ali for putting his neck out there. “Nobody else had the spine to do that. I still see Platini as favourite as with the bookies,” Hislop said.

Did Shaka expressly/comprehensively endorse or back Platini?

I am also certain he highlighted M. Platini's failure to get the French delegation in line as a question mark over Platini's head.

In any event, where was Platini's "spine" on the Qatar vote?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Blatter still on job
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2015, 09:41:29 AM »
Just as I have been saying all along, Sepp Blatter has not resigned. All he has done is to announce his intension not to run in the next FIFA elections, so that he can put his specially groomed successor in place, that is all.

The world media might be anxious for Sepp to go but they are guilty of misleading the masses about Sepp Blatter having resigned.

Blatter still on job
FIFA CRISIS

Published: Thursday, June 4, 2015 (T&T Guardian)

Sepp Blatter, still FIFA President

ZURICH—A day after announcing his decision to resign, Sepp Blatter was back at work at Fifa headquarters yesterday as the worst corruption crisis in the governing body’s 111-year history continued to unfold. Interpol added six men with ties to Fifa to its most wanted list, while South African officials denied they made a $10 million bribe to secure the 2010 World Cup.

Blatter spoke to Fifa staff for about ten minutes yesterday morning, returning to the same auditorium where he delivered his resignation speech a day earlier. Staff described him as being emotional, and said he received a standing ovation. Elsewhere, Interpol got involved. The international police force, based in Lyon, France, issued an alert for two former Fifa officials and four executives on charges including racketeering and corruption.

Two of the men, former Fifa vice president Jack Warner of Trinidad and Tobago and former executive committee member Nicolas Leoz of Paraguay, have been arrested in their home counties. Warner has since been released and Leoz is under house arrest. The Interpol “red notice” means they risk arrest anywhere they travel.

In South Africa, Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula said the government wanted to “categorically deny” that the country paid any bribes to win the right to host the 2010 tournament. Mbalula characterised the $10 million as an “above-board payment” to help soccer development in the Caribbean region.

The money, which went into a fund controlled by Warner, is part of the US investigation into soccer corruption. That probe led to the arrest of seven soccer officials in Zurich last week, kicking off the Fifa scandal and eventually leading to Blatter’s decision to step down. Warner and Leoz were among 14 people indicted in the US as part of the federal investigation.

US Attorney General Loretta Lynch, speaking in Latvia on Wednesday at a meeting with EU justice ministers, declined to comment on Blatter’s resignation or whether he was himself under investigation. “It’s an open case and so we will now be speaking through the courts,” Lynch said. In a separate probe, Swiss authorities have opened a criminal investigation related to the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bidding contests. Russia won the right to host the 2018 tournament and Qatar was awarded the 2022 World Cup.

The Swiss attorney general’s office said Blatter was not under investigation, but said it has opened criminal proceedings against “persons unknown” for money-laundering. In Moscow, President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, said Blatter’s announcement hasn’t affected the country’s plans to host the tournament.

Blatter said Tuesday he would remain president until a new election can be set up, which Fifa said could be sometime between December and March. But Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein, who lost to Blatter in Friday’s election, is looking into whether he should be in line to replace Blatter without going to another vote. The Jordanian Football Association said it is studying Fifa rules to see whether they allow for the possibility.

In South Korea, former Fifa vice president Chung Mong-joon said at a news conference that he will think about whether to run. UEFA president Michel Platini is considered a likely candidate.

AP
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:14:56 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »
All these people who never knew who Blatter was or what FIFA did now jumping in because it's "thing". Look how long Jennings writing about all these "new details" that supposedly being "uncovered" now. In part I guess that's why I am a bit cynical to the whole hullabaloo.

All these trumpeters blowing about a "great day for football" have no historical perspective on which to view or understands the implications, the politics, and the fallout of the current situation.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 04, 2015, 11:47:51 AM »
FIFA paid Ireland to settle Thierry Henry's handball out of court -...
John Delaney has confirmed the Football Association of Ireland was paid millions of euros by
FIFA to not contest in court Thierry Henry's handball.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2015, 11:48:31 AM »
Platini, your ball.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2015, 12:01:58 PM »
John Delaney has confirmed the Football Association of Ireland was paid millions of euros by

Seems they came to a legitimate settlement as to what the FAI thought was an amount that compensated their injury, but I would have preferred to see Ireland at the cup - to me being there is closer to priceless - hard to put a monetary value on it.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2015, 12:55:57 PM »

Seems they came to a legitimate settlement as to what the FAI thought was an amount that compensated their injury, but I would have preferred to see Ireland at the cup - to me being there is closer to priceless - hard to put a monetary value on it.

Legitimate? Really

If it's legitimate why jump through hoops to call it a loan? Isn't that what SA did with the $10 million?

Later on Thursday, FIFA confirmed the amount and called the payment a "loan" that was intended to be repaid if Ireland qualified for the 2014 World Cup, which they did not.

"FIFA granted FAI a loan of $5 million for the construction of a stadium in Ireland. At the same time, UEFA also granted the FAI funds for the same stadium," a FIFA statement said. "The terms agreed between FIFA and the FAI were that the loan would be reimbursed if Ireland qualified for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Ireland did not so qualify. Because of this, and in view of the FAI's financial situation, FIFA decided to write off the loan as per 31 December 2014."

If Warner is involved, it would be deemed bribery.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 04, 2015, 01:27:28 PM »
Elan come better than "if Warner was involved it would be bribery"

That in itself is jumping through hoops. You making it difficult to see when you on kicks and when you serious, which blunting the incisiveness of your posts. At least for me.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #400 on: June 04, 2015, 01:39:52 PM »
Anyone figure out who co-conspirator #23 is?

"67. At various times relevant to the Indictment, CoConspirator
#23 was a high-ranking official of one of FIFA's
national member associations, an official of FIFA and CFU, and a
businessman. "

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 04, 2015, 01:45:27 PM »
Well... the baker is 65
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 04, 2015, 02:06:42 PM »
Just as I have been saying all along, Sepp Blatter has not resigned. All he has done is to announce his intension not to run in the next FIFA elections, so that he can put his specially groomed successor in place, that is all.

I have no idea why you carrying on as though you're saying something new... everybody know he didn't immediately resign, but rather indicates that he is resigning and will stay until after the special election.  The bolded is inaccurate, he didn't say anything about running or not running, he said he is resigning.  FIFA bylaws call for special elections after four months notice, so that's when a successor will be elected.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 04, 2015, 02:10:42 PM »

That in itself is jumping through hoops. You making it difficult to see when you on kicks and when you serious, which blunting the incisiveness of your posts. At least for me.

elan just talking shit as usual... whenever people are at the point of litigating the "defendant" in the suit always free to pay the other party to settle the matter.  Here they put a monetary value on what the handball cost them, FIFA said okay we'll give you that amount, if you qualify you pay it back.  That is the cheaper option than paying lawyers to litigate some stupid suit over a handball.  Warner is a frigging thief and a conman... same for Blatter, yet for whatever reason elan running around looking for ulterior motives in everything.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 04, 2015, 02:31:53 PM »

businessman. "

Either Warner or Webb.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #405 on: June 04, 2015, 03:46:03 PM »

businessman. "

Either Warner or Webb.

But those were both already named co-conspirators. This one is yet to be named.
There's a thread at big soccer trying to figure them all out.

#1 = Blazer (former general secretary of CONCACAF)
#2 = Jose Hawilla (founder and owner of the Traffic Group)

#4 = Enrique Sanz (current gen sec of CONCACAF)

#10 = Julio Humberto Grondona (AFA)

#14 = Daryan Warner (maybe Daryll?)

http://www.justice.gov/opa/file/450211/download
from paragraph 44

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #406 on: June 04, 2015, 04:08:22 PM »
FIFA paid Ireland $5 million over Henry handball
AFP

London (AFP) - FIFA have confirmed they made a $5 million payment to the Football Association of Ireland after Thierry Henry's handball stopped Ireland qualifying for the 2010 World Cup.

"We felt we had a legal case against FIFA because of how the World Cup play-off hadn't worked out for us with the Henry handball," Delaney said.

"We came to an agreement. That was a Thursday and on Monday, the agreement was all signed and all done. It was a payment to the association to not proceed with a legal case."

FIFA later issued a statement explaining: "While the referee's decision is final, and the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) ultimately accepted it as such, in January 2010 FIFA entered into an agreement with FAI in order to put an end to any claims against FIFA.

"FIFA granted FAI a loan of USD 5 million for the construction of a stadium in Ireland. At the same time, UEFA also granted the FAI funds for the same stadium.

"The terms agreed between FIFA and the FAI were that the loan would be reimbursed if Ireland qualified for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

"Ireland did not so qualify. Because of this, and in view of the FAI's financial situation, FIFA decided to write off the loan as per 31 December 2014."

France qualified for the 2010 World Cup at Ireland's expense after Henry blatantly handled the ball as he set up William Gallas for the decisive goal in a play-off match in Paris in November 2009.

Delaney's claim comes amid a corruption scandal engulfing FIFA that has seen FIFA executives arrested, president Sepp Blatter announce his resignation and former executive committee member Chuck Blazer admit to paying bribes.

Delaney said that Blatter's behaviour at the Soccerex football conference in Johannesburg 11 days after the match had hardened his resolve over the matter of compensation.

"The way Blatter behaved, if you remember on stage, having a snigger and having a laugh at us..." he said.

"That day when I went in (to discuss the agreement), and I told him how I felt about him, there were some expletives used."

Henry was derided as a cheat in the aftermath of the match at the Stade de France, which ended in a 1-1 draw that saw France win 2-1 on aggregate.

The FAI and the Irish government unsuccessfully petitioned world governing body FIFA for the game to be replayed or for Ireland to be admitted to the World Cup in South Africa as a '33rd team'.

Henry, then with Barcelona, backed Ireland's calls for a replay and declared himself "extremely sorry", but rejected the accusation that he was a cheat.

France went on to endure a disastrous World Cup, crashing out in the group phase after the players went on strike in protest at striker Nicolas Anelka's exclusion from the squad for clashing with coach Raymond Domenech.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 04, 2015, 04:33:47 PM »
Th

from paragraph 44

There are Defendants and then there are co-conspirators, and some can be both.  Jack was named as a defendant in the paragraphs outlining the conspirators so it's probably not him.  The only logical choice left is Webb.  Can't think of anyone else who is a CFU, CONCACAF and FIFA executive.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 04, 2015, 05:17:00 PM »
Only person could come close is Burrell.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #409 on: June 04, 2015, 07:29:35 PM »
Th

from paragraph 44

There are Defendants and then there are co-conspirators, and some can be both.  Jack was named as a defendant in the paragraphs outlining the conspirators so it's probably not him.  The only logical choice left is Webb.  Can't think of anyone else who is a CFU, CONCACAF and FIFA executive.

#7 Bin Hammam

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 04, 2015, 09:53:47 PM »

elan just talking shit as usual... whenever people are at the point of litigating the "defendant" in the suit always free to pay the other party to settle the matter.  Here they put a monetary value on what the handball cost them, FIFA said okay we'll give you that amount, if you qualify you pay it back.  That is the cheaper option than paying lawyers to litigate some stupid suit over a handball.  Warner is a frigging thief and a conman... same for Blatter, yet for whatever reason elan running around looking for ulterior motives in everything.

That deal is madness. That's giving with one hand and taking with the other.

Ireland did not qualify for 2010 and felt aggrieved, so they decided to take FIFA to court. FIFA on the other hand say ok leave it alone and we will compensate you.

That's all well and good.

However, the next move was to say that if you qualify for 2014 - a totally different and incomparable event - you have to reimburse what was given as compensation in another unrelated matter. The events of qualifying for 2010 had no bearing whatsoever on qualifying for 2014.

Qualifying for 2014, and paying back the compensation for damages of 2010 is ludicrous. Then you weren't compensated. They reached a deal, but it was a shady one.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 04, 2015, 10:50:42 PM »
That deal is madness. That's giving with one hand and taking with the other.

Ireland did not qualify for 2010 and felt aggrieved, so they decided to take FIFA to court. FIFA on the other hand say ok leave it alone and we will compensate you.

That's all well and good.

However, the next move was to say that if you qualify for 2014 - a totally different and incomparable event - you have to reimburse what was given as compensation in another unrelated matter. The events of qualifying for 2010 had no bearing whatsoever on qualifying for 2014.

Qualifying for 2014, and paying back the compensation for damages of 2010 is ludicrous. Then you weren't compensated. They reached a deal, but it was a shady one.

Of course it's "shady"... it was a legal shakedown.  Ireland used the timing to their advantage.  By suing they would have tied up the WC because the games couldn't start without a resolution... and no way that was going to resolve between December 2009 and June 2010, in time for the games to start.  It was only "shady" otherwise in that FIFA couldn't let it be known that they were vulnerable to suits over a bad call in a game... so rather than make it look like it was a sympathy/nuisance payment, they tried to say it was a loan.  It never was a bribe, not even close... so no comparison to Jack Warner's dealings.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 04, 2015, 11:35:09 PM »
Fifa corruption crisis: pressure mounts on FAI over €5m payment

Calls for investigation into ‘arbitrary’ Fifa payments after Football Association of Ireland reveals compensation for Thierry Henry handball in World Cup play-off

Northern Ireland’s Jim Boyce, who retired as a Fifa vice-president last week, called for an investigation, saying:

"I’m absolutely astounded. I have never heard anything as ridiculous in my life. If a payment of $5m has been paid because of a handball and threatened legal action, then I hope a full investigation will be carried out into this and any other such arbitrary payments."

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 05, 2015, 01:19:29 PM »
wait a minute..how much Jack get for Crouch/Sancho hair pull sending England to round 2 instead ah we   ;)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Blatter hints at long goodbye
« Reply #414 on: June 05, 2015, 05:32:20 PM »

I have no idea why you carrying on as though you're saying something new... everybody know he didn't immediately resign, but rather indicates that he is resigning and will stay until after the special election.  The bolded is inaccurate, he didn't say anything about running or not running, he said he is resigning.  FIFA bylaws call for special elections after four months notice, so that's when a successor will be elected.

Really? Please bring the quote from his speech at the FIFA Press Conference.

I listened to his speech twice I never heard him mention the word resign once.

Maybe I wasn't listening properly so please help out ah friend who seems to be going a bit deaf.

Much appreciation.

In the meantime....

Blatter hints at long goodbye
Published: Friday, June 5, 2015 (T&T Guardian)

President Barack Obama is presented with soccer jerseys for his daughters, Sasha and Malia, by FIFA President Sepp Blatter and Jack Warner during a meeting in the Oval Office on July 27, 2009.
"Barack Obama and Sepp Blatter in the Oval Office" by White House (Pete Souza) / Maison Blanche (Pete Souza) - The Official White House Photostream.

GENEVA—In soccer's version of the long goodbye, Sepp Blatter is staying put.

Two days after announcing his decision to resign as FIFA president, Blatter sent a tweet with a picture of himself sitting at his desk, pen in hand. He wrote that he was already working on reforming the organisation that has been plunged into crisis by a U.S. corruption investigation.

The 79-year-old Blatter said Tuesday that he plans to remain in office and lead reforms for up to nine months, until a new election is held to find a successor. That hold on power is unacceptable for some soccer leaders and anti-corruption experts.

"He must go immediately," Lennart Johansson, the former FIFA vice president who lost the 1998 presidential election long dogged by claims of vote-buying by Blatter supporters, said Friday in Berlin. "People want us to be clean."

Blatter has continued working while he is a target of a U.S. federal case which promises to implicate more people after four soccer and marketing officials made guilty pleas and 14 were indicted last week.

Transparency International, the anti-corruption advisory group invited by FIFA to help with Blatter's first round of reforms amid a bribery scandal in 2011, said the veteran leader was not credible to lead changes.

"Blatter cannot oversee the 'new' FIFA, he must go now," Transparency International managing director Cobus de Swardt said in a statement Friday. "World football cannot be left in limbo."

Blatter's preferred exit strategy does follow FIFA's statutes—rules he helped craft in 40 years spent at soccer's governing body.

The 27-member executive committee he chairs must meet and call for a special election congress of FIFA's 209 member federations. That ruling panel's next scheduled meeting is Sept. 24-25 in Zurich, but can be called together sooner.

After the executive committee meets, an election would be held four months after the deadline set for would-be candidates to apply. It was a two-month campaign until new rules were written after Blatter's 2011 win.

Blatter, therefore, said in his surprise resignation speech Tuesday that the election should not be held before December, and maybe as late as March.

That extends his reign by up to nine months. And it gives him time to draft promised new rules which—if passed at the special congress—could impose term limits that ensure whoever follows has nothing like his nearly two decades in power.

There is also a question if Blatter can see out his final months when no one at FIFA knows where and how fast the U.S. investigation is heading. If he leaves sooner than planned, FIFA statutes call for senior vice president Issa Hayatou of Cameroon to step up as interim president.

Hayatou, the president of the African soccer confederation, has faced his own allegations of corruption during his 27-year tenure.—AP
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:05:35 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 05, 2015, 05:44:12 PM »

Maybe I wasn't listening properly so please help out ah friend who seems to be going a bit deaf.

Much appreciation.

In the meantime....

Of course there are several ways of saying the same thing using different words. 

"While I have a mandate from the membership of FIFA, I do not feel that I have a mandate from the entire world of football -- the fans, the players, the clubs, the people who live, breathe and love football as much as we all do at FIFA.

"Therefore, I have decided to lay down my mandate at an extraordinary elective Congress. I will continue to exercise my functions as FIFA President until that election.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/02/football/sepp-blatter-resigns-fifa-speech/index.html

Take yuh time.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 05, 2015, 05:54:41 PM »

Much appreciation.

In the meantime....

Of course there are several ways of saying the same thing using different words. 

"While I have a mandate from the membership of FIFA, I do not feel that I have a mandate from the entire world of football -- the fans, the players, the clubs, the people who live, breathe and love football as much as we all do at FIFA.

"Therefore, I have decided to lay down my mandate at an extraordinary elective Congress. I will continue to exercise my functions as FIFA President until that election.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/02/football/sepp-blatter-resigns-fifa-speech/index.html

Take yuh time.

Again like I said he never said he was resigning which is what you said that he said.
I listened to his Press conference speech twice and he never used the word resign once in his speech.
He did however say "I will organise extraordinary congress for a replacement for me as president. I will not stand. I am now free from the constraints of an election. I will be in a position to focus on profound reforms. For many years we have called for reforms. But these are not sufficient."

I think the media in their enthusiasm to see Sepp go misled the public and now have been forced to correct their misinformation especially with the latest tweets and photos etc of Mr Blatter back to work as usual working at his desk.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:02:43 PM by Socapro »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 05, 2015, 06:21:15 PM »
Again like I said he never said he was resigning which is what you said that he said.
I listened to his Press conference speech twice and he never used the word resign once in his speech.
He did however say "I will organise extraordinary congress for a replacement for me as president. I will not stand. I am now free from the constraints of an election. I will be in a position to focus on profound reforms. For many years we have called for reforms. But these are not sufficient."

I think the media in their enthusiasm to see Sepp go misled the public and now have been forced to correct their misinformation especially with the latest tweets and photos etc of Mr Blatter back to work as usual working at his desk.

Blatter is resigning... in four months an extraordinary congress will be convened to elect his successor.   He was just elected for another four year term, yet here he is calling for new elections in four months.  But to you that doesn't mean he's resigning.  This is just too stupid to argue.  Moving on.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:37:45 PM by Bakes »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 05, 2015, 07:47:09 PM »

Blatter is resigning... in four months an extraordinary congress will be convened to elect his successor.   He was just elected for another four year term, yet here he is calling for new elections in four months.  But to you that doesn't mean he's resigning.  This is just too stupid to argue.  Moving on.

I simply said that Sepp has not said that he is resiging, only that he will not stand again for President.
Not trying to argue with you or anyone else, just trying to be accurate about what he said.
Nor has Sepp resigned yet and he will still be President of FIFIA for another 4 months minimum that could possibly stretch to another 9 months.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:49:07 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>