April 24, 2024, 02:18:20 PM

Poll

Who makes a better coach.

A smart player
14 (100%)
A great player
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: What allyuh make of this ?  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
What allyuh make of this ?
« on: November 01, 2006, 05:33:32 PM »
My question in the poll means, Pele (good player) was good but he is not a coach, Latapy (smart player) played with his brain. 2 types of players.

Supposing the T&T team members who just participated at the 2006 world cup was all under the age of 25, do you think we would have qualified for the next world cup (finish top 3 in the hex) or even qualified the final 16 if we do get to the 2010 world cup. Imagine old/older men like Latapy, Hislop, Yorke, Hislop, Stern, Andrews, Avery, Lawrence, Ince, Cox, Gray, Whitley, Rougier, Jack and Wise all 23 years old.... lard, we go kill them... I feel bad we call Latapy and use him to get to Germany and de man only get a 10 mins sweat in de WC, not to mention he was promised to get some coaching job with T&T after de world cup and nothing, they throw him on de side.

I know we cant remove Anton Corneal from his present post, because apperantly he or his father have some strong hold on Jack Warner.

Brian Williams, I am not to sure about, given the amount of time he had to prepare the under 20 team, I will give him a better chance, but if he slip up next time and we fail to get by the Reggae Pussies then Williams must go, now he knows what it takes and no excuses. He either make the adjustments or resign and save his reputation. There is no excuse for St Kitts beating us in our own back yards and he blaming de field conditions, because all the other teams played in de same conditions. He also ingnoring one or 2 foreign based who might be albe to help, did he scout any of our opponents. He should know what he getting himself into. Why Anton had to take over from the bench in the last game we played vs St Vincent ?  it have plently un-answered questions here.

Our Ladies are about to play in the Womens Gold Cup, when they didn't play some games all now, why wait till 3 days before the gold cup to prepare. We playing Reggae Sissis in a warm up 3 days before the gold cup, this dont make sense. We had months to prepare.

We have the under 17 world cup coming up in January. Are they in training, atleast once a week. I understand some of them are playing in the SSFL, but there must be a way to keep them together, atleast to train.

When de Olympics starting allyuh ? Do we even have a squad or training or are we waiting for 2 weeks before it start to start preparing.

Why cant we enter a youth national team in the PFL youth league ? this is why Haiti and Dominican Republic reaping benefits now, they are in constant training at youth level.

Stephan Hart, Russell Latapy, Brian Haynes and maybe Hannibal Najjar too should be part of T&T football at some capacity.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 06:21:55 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: What allyuh make of this ?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 06:22:36 PM »
1st: sam de gurl in yuh pic i think i went to school with she. name shannon

2nd: men like julius and dem could be training at least once ah month to screen and have ah good look at we olympic team looking like
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline watch de ride

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 07:34:45 PM »
Morvant, ah didn't know Malick had such fine women. I had a nephew who played for Malick in 2000 and he never mentioned anything about fine women attending Malick. Yuh SHOOOORE dah gyul from Malick boy?.........And Sam .....is how long ah know yuh on de board? 15....20 years? All dese years, yuh ever see ah T&T football team fully prepared for ANY tournament? We have ah administration that believe in quick fix and hoping for de bes. Dey choose pocketing de money over development of football. In de meantime, continue to.......

Watch de Ride

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 07:37:42 PM »
Dey choose pocketing de money over development of football. In de meantime, continue to.......
Watch de Ride
easy, you talkin bout my very good pardners Sepp, Urs and Austin!!!.....................................NOT
ya right..is de MONEY that is de ultimate Goal...sorry for the pun ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 07:40:05 PM »
Was Pele not a smart player ? Is/was Latas not a great player ?

I think most if not all great players are smart players and to a lesser extent vice/versa....or maybe I missed the point.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 03:56:31 AM »
Lets see what the under 20 team coach is up to. Training starts backs on Nov 9.

You made "some" good points here Sam.

And that woman blinding meh, I cant think..... she sweet.

1]; } ?>