April 28, 2024, 06:05:25 AM

Author Topic: Latapy and Terry Fenwick can lead T&T.  (Read 12103 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick Get he money yet
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2009, 03:38:41 PM »
T&T iz ah shyte team!! :devil:
well yuh aint lying. they in the bottom of the table.
And jack warner need tuh get 100 strokes with the birch for fackin up the team even more!
while we on the issue of lashes, anton should get 25 for missleading the columbian, and camps 50 for being ah rubber stamp. :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »
Sometimes when we lose ah feel like saying "we are shyte"but deep down ah know we are not so ah doh say it.I would never understand why we are not the best football team in CONCACAF.I DONT WANT ANYBODY COMING HERE AND TELLING ME BOUT WE IS AH SMALL COUNTRY,awrite ah could live with 3rd best,wah wrong widdat.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2009, 03:59:11 PM »
Sometimes when we lose ah feel like saying "we are shyte"but deep down ah know we are not so ah doh say it.I would never understand why we are not the best football team in CONCACAF.I DONT WANT ANYBODY COMING HERE AND TELLING ME BOUT WE IS AH SMALL COUNTRY,awrite ah could live with 3rd best,wah wrong widdat.

Ah hear dat pardner...
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2009, 12:48:18 AM »
I really don't  comment on the national football team  any more .... it's a damn SHAME...we can't even get it right after all these years...since 1989 to the present......its like we not improving but failing....its like a curse hang over the national football team at all level...we holding on to old guy to help us thru...what a SHAME....its like we considing calling back guy's from the 74 world cup team to get they boot ready...cause it's like the new breed of guy's don't get it and can't get it done...its like we now starting to play so football...it's like the game we lost in 89 to the american....seem like a transfer curse....from that point T&T football went from being very good in the caribbean and in world cup qualifying to a team of no good...lower type amateur play...WHAT A SHAME.....and the american went from lower type amateur play...to high standard of professional play  in  concacaf and the world and no one seem to notice that...JW and TTFF....our football is so low standard...that our# sport is some other than football and the funny thing about it so much players getting conacted oversea 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2009, 02:20:23 AM »
Curry favor, frenism, bad mind, and lack of serious commitment have our football in this deplorable state.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2009, 03:50:00 AM »
Is he still in Trinidad? ... Latas could do with an Assistant when Vranes go to Egypt

Yes he is... and Latas hasn't called him...YET anyway

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2009, 05:03:58 AM »
I really don't  comment on the national football team  any more .... it's a damn SHAME...we can't even get it right after all these years...since 1989 to the present......its like we not improving but failing....its like a curse hang over the national football team at all level...we holding on to old guy to help us thru...what a SHAME....its like we considing calling back guy's from the 74 world cup team to get they boot ready...cause it's like the new breed of guy's don't get it and can't get it done...its like we now starting to play so football...it's like the game we lost in 89 to the american....seem like a transfer curse....from that point T&T football went from being very good in the caribbean and in world cup qualifying to a team of no good...lower type amateur play...WHAT A SHAME.....and the american went from lower type amateur play...to high standard of professional play  in  concacaf and the world and no one seem to notice that...JW and TTFF....our football is so low standard...that our# sport is some other than football and the funny thing about it so much players getting conacted oversea 

No need to get hysterical.

We were boxing slightly above our weight in 1989, but were helped by Mexico's absence from qualifying. We have been boxing slightly below our weight in the 2000s, after the tailspin into which we went in the 90's on a regional (not Caribbean) level.

Where Leo got us is pretty much the best where we can hope to be at this point - 4th in Concacaf.

In 06, Dwight, Latas and  Shaka were on their way out, blade and tallest were waning. Spann, Birchall, Theobald, Cornell, KJ, Wolfe, Samuel were still coming into their own, Scotty hadn't yet matured, dog was injured. Edwards and Whitley were probably the only players in their prime.

In 09 Dwight is barely hanging on, Latas and Shaka gone, Stern is waning, blade, dog and tallest on their way out.

Of the rest, Edwards, Cornell, Birchall, Spann, Theobald, Wolfe, Samuel, Whitley (and to some extent) KJ have not developed as we would have hoped for varying reasons. Scotty is at his peak, but still does not appear to be an international player.

The only person who appears to be in his prime is Ince (by goalkeepers age standards)

Of the new guard, while politics seems to be sidelining Roberts all we have Hyland, Daniel, JMW, James, Hislop, maybe Telesford - the rest are not quite senior material.

While it is true and obvious to state that Jack and the blacklist + King Cobo set us back three years, we weren't going to ever be THAT much greater than the sum of our players.

The US has used 50 players for the year already in three different tournies (gold cup, confed cup and wcq) plus friendlies (14 games): This is the backbone of their team:

Altidore (Villareal), Bocanegra (Rennes) Beasley (Rangers) Bornstein Bradley (Moenchengladbach) Ching Clark Davies (Sochaux) Dempsey (Fulham) Demerit (Watford) Donovan Feilhaber Guzan Howard (Villa) Klejstan Onyewu (Milan) Spector (West Ham)

All the rest playing MLS, a league we always calling crappy, but could barely seem to get men into (all of them playing USL)

Eddie Johnson and Freddy adu can't even make that side...

At the end of the day, countries in this region, even macco ones like the US only as good as their first 18. A good program, a good coach and facilities defintely make things easier, but its only so much it could do. Until the players step up...is level salt.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy and Terry Fenwick can lead T&T.
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2010, 07:07:20 PM »
Time to get this idea to the TTFF

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2010, 08:30:11 PM »
Water and oil doh mix...cat and dog doh sleep in same bed..Ego and  more ego cyar come together for the good of TnT.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2020, 08:18:34 AM »
Latapy and Terry Fenwick can lead T&T.

A unified coaching staff

Now I know everyone may-not agree with me here. But given the current situation I feel we need to build more than just a team of players to take the field. Building a team of staff members is just- if not more important for any success we will have.

And just for the record. Latapy does have my 100% support as T&T head coach and I hope he pulls it off. However, we never found or shall I say never developed a replacement for him on the field and therefore having him play in our next 3 or 4 games is vital for our survival in this campaign. Same with Yorke. Anyways, having Latapy on the field at this point in time is a no brainier. Russell should get a shot at head coach but after our 2010 WC campaign.

Furthermore, we continue to make too many silly mistakes after we were so successful in 2005/2006.

For instance;

We are always under prepared.

We never learn from our mistakes.

We always look for the quick fix.

We take forever to settle a team.

Proper diet is also another concern.

We have to build a balanced staff team, just like players they all have to be moreorless on the same page. Thinking and supporting of each other and working together trying to figuring out problems together. Sometimes to many cooks spoil the soup. So a good staff team is needed. We cannot have a team of staff members who is always taking a bit off each other. This is a recipe for disaster. We also have to think long-term. A staff that will compliment each other is very important.

We need members who will;

A) Work out problems as a team.

B) Support and respect each other.

C) Creative thinkers to help organize, franchise and promote T&T football.

With all the talk on the forum lately (Latapy/Fenwick). Below are just some of the benefits and none benefits of having Latapy and Fenwick work with each other.

BENEFITS of Fenwick.

1. He has lived in Trinidad for 8 years so he knows the players, league and culture very well.

2. He has had great success in coaching in T&T with San Juan Jabloteh.

3. He has great disciplined and organization and also have us at heart.

4. As a player he has graced the highest stage of football.

5. He is a great long term coach that is very passionate about his job. This is not about Jerry Hosepedales or San Juan Jabloteh. Fenwick did what he had to do in order to be successful. He did have running’s with the TTFF in the past but I do not see a problem with it because Fenwick was asking for a calendar to work with.

6. He does his homework when it comes to scouting and analyzing teams.

7. He has a knack for bringing out the best in young players. And also discovering young talent. Hence the reason we have so many San Juan Jabloteh players on both out Under 20 and Under 17 teams respectively.

8. He is a great motivator.

9. He has won silverware with Jabloteh for 7 years straight. His first year he wasn't as successful as it was more of a recruiting/learning process.

10. He has managed to get foreign contracts for 18 players already.

NONE BENEFITS of Fenwick.

1. He does not have the experience of coaching at international football.

2. He is a no nonsense coach. And I don't know how good his relationship with the TTFF and certain players will go down.

BENEFITS of Latapy.

1. He is one of our most respectable players and will definitely bring heart and soul to T&T football on and off the field. His vision and knowledge for the game is also a plus.

2. He have coaching experience at Falkirk.

3. Players will always look up to Latapy and he can use this to be a great motivator and a role model.

4. Will get the support from Dwight Yorke. Another T&T legend. No doubt both Russell and Dwight should play some part on and off the field for T&T (officially).

5. Has played at a high level.

NONE BENEFITS of Latapy.

1. He does not have the experience of coaching at international football.

2. Two or three games as head coach is insufficient and could do him more harm than good "if" he is to be evaluated by the TTFF on just 2/3 games.

3. How will Latapy play 2 roles. Coach and take the field as a player.

Together both Fenwick and Latapy would be a great investment for T&T. Leo Beenhakker came here in 2005 with a desire to succeed and with a point to prove. To show the world that he has accomplished the impossible and that his resume speaks for itself. My question is, if we bring in another big name coach will he have that same desire and determination to take us to South Africa and possibly beyond ?

Had it been me as TTFF head I would have considered the following;

A) Head Coach - Terry Fenwick
Straightforward, disciplined, organized, professional attitude, fighting spirit in him and have T&T at heart. It is also good to have a foreign coach involved at some capacity to enable us proper team selection.

B) Assistant Coach - Russell Latapy
Experienced player. Great knowledge on and off the field, clam and straightforward as well. Latapy can also assist with developing our next midfield general. Focus on helping our midfield become better.

C) Assistant Coach - Dwight Yorke
His attitude towards T&T is second to none and his experience will definitely be a big plus. He can also focus our helping our strikers become better.

D) Goalkeeper Coach - Lincoln Phillips and Shaka Hislop (for all teams, both men and women)
Our two most successful keepers we ever produced with great knowledge and experienced.

E) Defensive Coach - Stuart Charles Fevrier
A very calm person with good experience at coaching and at playing at the back. He has lived and played in T&T for over a decade and knows the T&T players and league very well.

F) Fitness Trainer - Ato Boldon
Ato have graced the highest stage of athleticism. He knows what it take to be on top form. He can also help our players build speed and mental strength.

G) Technical Director - Lincoln Phillips and Stephen Hart.
Lincoln has worked with some of the best. He has the knowledge and experience to take us to the next level. Stephen Hart also have the experience to help us reach at a higher level. Both men are thinking minds and should make a pretty decent team. Both men is also capable of good analysis of teams and I am sure if given the support and tools to do their jobs they will get it done.

H) Under 20 Coach - Zoran Varnes
Have great success with our current under 20 team. Time will tell how will he will do in the future. He loves T&T and definitely have as at heart. He can also assist with the T&T senior team.

I) Under 17 Coach - Anton Corneal
Did nothing wrong thus far and deserve a crack at it that's providing he keeps his father out of the picture.

J) Under 15 Coach - Bertille St Clair
Bertille is a very serious coach. He is great with young players and will nurture them into better players and better individual making easier for the next stage of their lives.

Both Marvin Andrews and Anthony Rougier should also be involved with team togetherness, prayer, mental and physical training and also motivational speakers.

With the following team there will be no stopping us. I can guarantee you this, but time and support is needed. A team that will work hand in hand with each other making the transition an easy one for the next level.

Depends on what is the outcome of our 2010 campaign we should have a clearer picture off whom should be at the helm. I probably would have stayed with the above staff members with a little "re-arrangement" (maybe) and give them time to see how things progress. But it all depends on how well we do and perform after the 2010 campaign.

We do not have the money to keep a big name coach in T&T for any long periods. This is why I feel we have to make the best with what we currently have in order to move forward. Getting the right staff who have T&T at heart is a good stepping stone for a bright future.

Just my view. Feel free to add your thoughts.

You might want to reconsider that Anton Corneal position Flex. After seeing the under 17 in action if they make it out of that group I will be shocked !!!!!!!!!!!!!
A magical combination???

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2020, 06:06:56 PM »
A magical combination???

Isn't Latas coaching Barbados now? Did he leave that job?

1]; } ?>