April 27, 2024, 02:53:50 PM

Author Topic: Robinho Thread  (Read 61488 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Barcelona wants Robinho for the champions league,WHY?
« Reply #390 on: November 26, 2009, 02:01:26 PM »
???Will he make the startihg team?

Barring injury, you somehow think he won't?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Kayus

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 26, 2009, 07:46:48 PM »
robinho would a nice addition. he would fit barca style of play real nice. but with the form pedrito showing and young bojan on the up and up, it pains me to say that pulling robinho in january is kinda.....unnecessary  :-[
still want him to go tho

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #392 on: November 26, 2009, 08:06:46 PM »
Replacement for Henry, who would be free to go next summer if they got Robinho in.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 26, 2009, 09:59:22 PM »
Can't wait,Messi, Xavi, Zlatan,Robinho,Innesta football made Skillimple :beermug:

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #394 on: November 26, 2009, 11:08:37 PM »
Not sure that Robinho would be a good fit at Barca. From a flair perspective, yes, he seems like a good fit, but the real art of how they play involves strong teamwork, hard defensive work as soon as they lose the ball and a lot of passing. Robinho strikes me as more of an individual player both in style and mentality.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 27, 2009, 12:21:16 PM »
Not sure that Robinho would be a good fit at Barca. From a flair perspective, yes, he seems like a good fit, but the real art of how they play involves strong teamwork, hard defensive work as soon as they lose the ball and a lot of passing. Robinho strikes me as more of an individual player both in style and mentality.

Robinho is a very hard working player...  His individual showmanship overshadows it, but he's not lazy by any stretch...He's a good addition to any team if you ask me- on his day he's as good as any- His consistency could use a boost, and I think that has alot to do with his mental strength/focus...but his ability and work ethic is unquestionable (on the pitch that is- I get the impression that off the field he can be a bit wayward)
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 27, 2009, 01:04:11 PM »
Robinho shouldn't crack Brazil's starting 11 either
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 27, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »
Barsa wants to blow Real madrid and their reputation for producing Galacticos football out of the water. That is why they want Robinho. can they win with what they have ? of Course ! ..but they now want to put in some fancy footwork .and not to mention have the further support of 150 million screaming people from Lulaland.
Its all in the merchandising of the product you know ...its the wrappings they are working on now !

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 27, 2009, 06:24:25 PM »
you maybe just right. :beermug:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 27, 2009, 07:46:02 PM »

Robinho is a very hard working player...  His individual showmanship overshadows it, but he's not lazy by any stretch...He's a good addition to any team if you ask me- on his day he's as good as any- His consistency could use a boost, and I think that has alot to do with his mental strength/focus...but his ability and work ethic is unquestionable (on the pitch that is- I get the impression that off the field he can be a bit wayward)

Nail on de head kicker, u saved me some typing........lol

ah love it!!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Robinho lost in football limbo
« Reply #400 on: August 16, 2010, 07:41:58 AM »
Robinho in urgent need of fresh start

Robinho is in footballing limbo. He sat out Manchester City's opening game of the Premier League campaign  and although he might be in action in midweek in the Europa League, or possibly playing his football somewhere else before the end of the month, he needs to sort things out fast because this is a huge season for him.

I well recall his debut in the Brazilian Championship for an astonishingly young Santos side that went on to lift the title. That was eight years ago. Eight years from now, Robinho will be 34 going on 35, so his time at the top has probably already passed the halfway mark and yet a huge question mark still hangs over him.

There is no escaping the fact that so far he has been a big disappointment in European club football and it would be unfair to pin all the blame for this on the clubs he has played for - because even after playing some 80 times for Brazil, the same doubts surround him at international level..

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: What is so special about robinho fellas
« Reply #401 on: September 05, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »
Robinho explains City failure
By Soccernet staff

Robinho has said his managers at Manchester City failed to understand him and admits he found the city "an awful place to live".

Despite his fee breaking the British transfer record when he left Real Madrid, Robinho ended a two-year spell at Eastlands on transfer deadline day when he moved to AC Milan, having earlier spent a spell at former club Santos on loan.

However, despite brief glimpses of his quality, Robinho struggled to adapt to England - particularly as he had intended to join Chelsea, with his ex-national team coach Luiz Felipe Scolari - and he feels Mark Hughes and Roberto Mancini did not get to grips with his mentality.

"Neither Hughes nor Mancini understood me," he told the People newspaper. "Perhaps they only believed in the sporting side of things, but that wasn't enough for me.

"There was a lack of contact between the players and the club. It was much like an office - to training and goodbye, to a match and goodbye. I am Brazilian and I can't offer my best performance if I'm not happy in every aspect of life.

"That was my problem. I am a special footballer and I need to be happy when I'm playing. That was the case at Real Madrid but never at City. Perhaps I should never have left Real Madrid.

"My destination was Chelsea with Luiz Felipe Scolari but, at the last moment, City appeared and I accepted. I did not decide the transfer. Correspondence is always between clubs and I am not responsible for what anyone will pay, but Mark Hughes called me and insisted I joined the club. He was decisive in my move."

His early performances had suggested he may ultimately prove successful in England but, with compatriots Elano and Jo failing to impress Hughes and making permanent and temporary moves away respectively, Robinho says he could not settle into life at the club.

"At the beginning it was positive, but England is a hard country and I had problems adapting," he said. "Having Elano and Jo in the squad was a real bonus. They helped me to adapt but then Elano left I still don't understand the motives behind his exit.

"I do not understand why people said things about us. We all demonstrated our quality in the team, and Elano and I were both then in the Brazil side. Perhaps Hughes did not understand how best to use us both in his squad.

"After that, Mark left and I don't think that Mancini had confidence in me. Going on loan to Santos was the best solution because, if I'd stayed at City, I would not have played in the World Cup. The loan was very successful. I recaptured my love of football, won a title and confirmed my place in the Brazil team. It was an excellent experience and they tried to extend my loan, but City had made up their minds to sell."

Robinho admits he was disappointed that City failed to become title challengers during his time at the club and found the climate in Manchester unbearable.

"When I arrived, the directors at City told me that, in a couple of years, we would overtake United, but the time has passed and nothing has changed," he said. "Manchester is a sensational venue for football but an awful place to live ... the winter, the cold and the dark nights. It's very hard for a young Brazilian.

"The Premier League is one of the best in the world, without a doubt. The stadiums are always full and the atmosphere is incredible, but not every footballer is able to play in England. The character can be difficult for a foreigner.

"The best stadiums are Anfield and Old Trafford because of their histories, and my best memories will be my first goal for City and how happy everyone was with me, and the support City fans gave me during my stay."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 05, 2010, 11:34:42 AM »
After reading this article i'm wondering if these same feelings/experiences is what affects our foreign based players,is just that they don't have the options to go any where else.Nice read.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 05, 2010, 03:38:59 PM »
Reads like a fair perspective from Robinho. I'm told he and Elano go waaay back ... but IMV it would have been a surprise if it had worked out.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 05, 2010, 05:44:40 PM »
Reads like a fair perspective from Robinho. I'm told he and Elano go waaay back ... but IMV it would have been a surprise if it had worked out.

yes asylum, i remember watching the game on fsc years ago...diego was on that santos side and in de first 10 mins he pull up, then robinho take over the show.   elano was on that santos side and i think alex (now of chelsea)...i had always liked robinho as a player, now i can't wait to watch milan this season, they have reall ballers now, ronaldinho, seedorf, robinho, pato, pirlo, prince boateng.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Robinho at last
« Reply #405 on: November 24, 2017, 11:10:42 AM »
He's on the verge of serving a prison sentence in Italy
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42103736

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 24, 2017, 11:14:03 AM »
That is what I am seeing in the news. If true, he has to pay the piper. But sad for a baller who appears to be a very nice, happy g-lucky guy.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 24, 2017, 02:52:53 PM »
He's on the verge of serving a prison sentence in Italy
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42103736
Ah fella who has been in the game so long, can't be so dotish or drunk, unless he totally lost his mind, then is not prison, he need a bed in St Anns. Now if the Albanian lady (must be a Beyonce look alike- and not even then) and  3 or more of the other Brazilians say is he, then send the ambulance. I all for women rights but 'common' man.
add: and sloppies at that..I guess his buddies musta tie him down and throw him under the bus and a few maxis after that..Mama always say "friends will carry yuh etc " but she didn't say it was straight to jail   :'(
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 03:02:00 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 24, 2017, 04:02:35 PM »
Neymar better watch his arse.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Robinho Thread
« Reply #409 on: November 25, 2017, 07:40:52 AM »
Brazilian footballer Robinho sentenced to 9 years in prison for sexual assault.
T&T Express Reports.

MILAN (AP) — Former AC Milan and Real Madrid striker Robinho was sentenced to nine years in jail by a court in Milan on charges of sexual assault following an incident in 2013, Italian news agency ANSA reported Thursday.

Currently playing for Atletico Mineiro in his native Brazil, Robinho's lawyer said in a statement that the 33-year-old Robinho denied the charges and will appeal the court's decision.

ANSA reported that five other men were also accused of sexually assaulting an Albanian woman and that another member of the group, Ricardo Falco, was also sentenced to nine years in jail. The other four men had not been found by Italian police, ANSA said.

Robinho's lawyer, Marisa Alija, issued a statement saying that "We clarify that he has already defended himself from these allegations, and insist he had no participation in that episode. All legal provisions are being taken on this first decision."

Brazil does not extradite its own citizens when they are sentenced in other countries.

Robinho began his career with Santos before leaving Brazil in 2005 for a three-year spell with Madrid. He then joined Manchester City in the English Premier League and moved to AC Milan in 2010, spending five years under contract with the Serie A club. After a brief stay at Chinese team, Guangzhou Evergrande, he joined Atletico Mineiro last year.

He has made 100 international appearances for Brazil.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Robinho Thread
« Reply #410 on: October 13, 2020, 03:40:29 AM »
Ex-Brazil, Real Madrid star Robinho returns to Santos on $271 monthly wage.
ESPN SOCCERNET
By Adriana Garcia

Former Manchester City forward Robinho has signed a five-month contract with former club Santos and will earn $271 (R$1.500) a month which is just above the country's minimum wage.

The 36-year-old re-joined his boyhood club for a third stint as a free agent, having left Turkish side Istanbul Basaksehir shortly after helping them win their first Super Lig title last season.

"I will play for a minimum wage, but the most important thing is to be here," Robinho told the club's official website on Friday.

"I am well physically and mentally, obviously there is still a little bit of rhythm [missing], but that over time we will gradually evolve."

Robinho, who shot to fame after making his professional debut with Santos in 2002, went on to play for Real Madrid, City and AC Milan, among other clubs.

He won two national championships, two Paulista tournaments and the Brazilian Cup in his previous two spells with Santos.

"I have many fond memories here," Robinho added. "The fans can be certain that I will give my best to help Santos FC on and off the pitch.

"Santos FC is going through a difficult financial time. So this is the time for those who can do something. I want to help the club that always gave me everything. Santos FC has already done a lot for me and this return is still little."

Santos are going through financial difficulties and could soon face a transfer ban from FIFA over unpaid debts.

Chilean club Huachipato are demanding Santos to complete the $3.4m deal over the signing of Venezuelan striker Jefferson Soteldo, while Colombian outfit Atletico Nacional claim they are still owed $774,000 from the sale of defender Felipe Aguilar.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 17, 2020, 10:13:25 AM »
The deal is off. His legal issue unsurprisingly makes it not a good look for the club.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 10, 2020, 06:04:58 PM »
Robinho: Brazilian footballer's rape case and country's gender violence problem
By Gary Meenaghan, BBC Sport

On 10 October 1980, a group of Brazilian women congregated on the steps of Sao Paulo's historic municipal theatre to protest against the increasing rate of violence suffered by the country's female population.

Each year since, the date has been commemorated as the National Day To Fight Violence Against Women. This October, it also saw a huge controversy centre on one of Brazil's biggest football clubs, and one of its best known players.

Exactly four decades to the day since that first demonstration, Santos announced that Robinho, a famous academy product often cited alongside Pele and Neymar as one of the club's best forwards of all-time, was returning home on a five-month contract.

Signing a 36-year-old free agent on a monthly salary not far off the national minimum wage might have seemed a smart and economical option: generate some headlines, sell some shirts, and maybe even benefit from a little extra fire-power up front.

It certainly attracted attention. Within a week of Santos' announcement, both club and the player agreed to suspend the contract amid intense media criticism and public outcry, with sponsors threatening to quit.

None of this should have been a surprise, yet it all seemed to catch both parties off-guard.

Robinho, full name Robson de Souza, left his boyhood club Santos for Real Madrid in a £20m transfer in 2005, the 21-year-old proclaiming he would win the Ballon d'Or within "two or three years".

Instead, 12 years later, in November 2017, he was found guilty for his part in the 2013 gang rape of a woman in Italy, where he was playing for AC Milan.

Tried in absentia by the Italian judicial system, he was sentenced to nine years in jail, but has never served any time. The sentence was suspended pending an appeal, which is scheduled to be heard on Thursday. Robinho has always said he plans to prove his innocence.

As if verification were needed of how such cases are viewed by Brazilian football clubs, just three days after the 2017 conviction Robinho played 90 minutes for his then-club Atletico Mineiro.

Atletico, colloquially known as Galo, said at the time they would not comment on Robinho's case because it was a personal matter. Fans reacted by erecting banners, including one that read: "Galo, your silence is violent. We don't accept rapists."

By the time his contract expired a month later, the pressure was enough to ensure there was no renewal, and the striker moved to Turkey, joining Istanbul Basaksehir. When his new team travelled to Rome in the Europa League in September 2019, Robinho was left behind amid reports it was feared he would be arrested. The Brazilian's legal advisors insist he is free to enter Italy.

Robinho has always maintained he is not guilty. In October, he gave an interview in which he claimed the woman was consenting and his only mistake was "not being faithful to my wife". Referring to the pressure that led to his contract with Santos being suspended, he added: "Unfortunately there is this feminist movement."

Yet for many in Brazil, the issue is less about Robinho's ability to prove his innocence, like he did in England in 2009 when the then-Manchester City forward faced allegations of serious sexual assault in a Leeds nightclub. Instead it is about why Brazilian football clubs continue to be so willing to offer contracts and playing time to players embroiled in criminal investigations.

The Brazilian Football Association could likely field an entire team of active players accused or convicted of crimes related to gender violence or sexual assault. Just one day after Robinho's unveiling at Santos, Red Bull Bragantino gave a debut to Wesley Piontek, sentenced in October 2019 to 16 months in an open prison for assaulting his then-girlfriend.

The most shocking case in recent years is that of former Flamengo goalkeeper Bruno Fernandes de Souza, who served less than a third of a 22-year sentence for ordering the murder of a former lover. Eliza Samudio was strangled and her body chopped up and fed to dogs, but Bruno continues to earn a living playing football for Rio Branco in the northern state of Acre.

"Football is big everywhere, but here in Brazil it's like a religion," says Monica Sapucaia Machado, a professor of political and economical law and specialist in women's rights.

"Clubs are organisations that can speak to the people a lot better than the government. They help create a culture, so when a big football club where Pele played and that represents Brazil everywhere accepts someone found guilty of violence against women, it says to the Brazilian people that it's acceptable."

nother rape case in the country made headlines last month. Video excerpts of a 23-year-old event promotor's sexual abuse trial showed her being humiliated to tears by the defence attorney of a wealthy businessman who works with footballers and celebrities.

In the immediate aftermath, several Brazilian football clubs posted support for the woman, Mariana Ferrer, but Santos, who in recent times have been very active in raising awareness of aggressions against women, did not. Kelly Gomes, a spokesperson for the club's only female-organised fan group, feels it is best the club keep silent.

"Up until this situation with Robinho, we were very proud of the club because we felt their support," says Gomes, who in 2019 helped create the Movimento Bancada das Sereias - the Stand of the Mermaids movement - that helps unite Santos' female fans and campaigns for greater respect for women within football grounds.

"In the past they did a lot of work to raise publicity about women's safety and domestic violence, but how can they speak about this subject now? They've lost all credibility. It feels like it was all a publicity stunt because we saw, when it comes down to it, their beliefs are in complete contrast to what they were promoting.

"Even their decision to suspend Robinho's contract offer was not taken out of respect for women, but rather because of sponsors. It was an own goal by Santos and they have nobody to blame but themselves."

Santos, when announcing Robinho's departure, said both he and the club had agreed to do so "in order for the player to concentrate exclusively on his defence in the ongoing case in Italy".

Thiago Arantes, author of Immortal Idols: The 10 Best Players of Santos, says he was not surprised by the club's decision to sign Robinho and believes the timing epitomises a wider disconnect with the public.

"Unfortunately in Brazil, clubs often have this mentality that they are above the law," says Arantes, whose 2011 book includes a chapter dedicated to Robinho's time on the Sao Paulo coast.

"It's like they live in a parallel world and it's actually very likely they didn't even realise the significance of the 10 October date. Santos had a great opportunity to make a stand, but completely failed to take it."

Statistics show crimes involving domestic violence, contempt, or discrimination against women that result in death are on the rise in Brazil, up 7% between 2018 and 2019. A sexual violation occurs every eight minutes and 85% of the victims are female. Or, put another way, during the time it has taken you to reach this part of this article, a woman has likely been abused in the country.

Many critics of Brazil's incumbent president, Jair Bolsonaro, who was elected in 2018, point towards the disparaging public remarks he has made about women during his political career. In 2014, he told a congresswoman that: "I would never rape you because you don't deserve it" and referred to the fact that his fifth child is a girl as "a moment of weakness".

Robinho himself likened reaction to his Santos move with the kind of media 'persecution' Bolsonaro often complains about.

He said he was "feeling like a Bolsonaro, everyone is attacking me", adding: "In Turkey and Italy there was no such repercussion. Here in Brazil, they prioritise bad news. People just want to get a 'like'. Look what they did with the president without evidence. They're accusing me without evidence."

Sapucaia Machado, the women's rights specialist, believes the country's football association should take decision-making power away from the clubs and prohibit them from signing players who have pending cases for violence against women.

"Football employs a lot of people, but clubs still act like domestic violence is just a bit of fun and something all men do," she says.

"We need to remember the clubs are very rich and powerful corporations; with more influence than politicians. They understand this kind of behaviour is something that sells. It is propaganda.

"We have not changed our culture yet. In fact we have lost a lot of ground in these past two years.

"That's why the Robinho case is so emblematic. It's a global problem and women live this kind of situation everywhere, but in Brazil this is our reality."

Ex-Milan player Robinho gets 9 yrs for gang rape on appeal
ANSA

A Milan appeals court on Thursday confirmed a sentence against former AC Milan and Brazil forward Robinho aka Robson de Souza Santos of nine years in jail for gang raping a 22-year-old Albanian woman in a Milan disco on January 22 2013.

Robinho was again found guilty of committing the rape with five other people. The court also sentenced one of Roubinho's friends, Ricardo Falco, another Brazilian, to nine years as the first-instance court did. For the other four, accused of gang rape while taking advantage of the woman who was drunk, the trial had been suspended.

Robinho and Ricardo were ordered to pay the woman damages of 60,000 euros. Prosecutors had requested jail terms of 10 years. Robinho, 36, who played for Milan between 2010 and 2014 scoring 25 goals in 108 appearances, denied the charges.

He has 100 Brazil caps and 28 goals for his country. Robinho joined Atletico Mineiro from Guangzhou Evergrande in 2016, and ended his career there last year. He had formerly played for Real Madrid, Manchester City, and Santos.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 11, 2020, 12:31:36 PM »
Wow! 9 years. Sad to see Robinho got caught up in that, hopefully this sends a message to other young footballers and young men in general.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 11, 2020, 03:10:04 PM »
Wow! 9 years. Sad to see Robinho got caught up in that, hopefully this sends a message to other young footballers and young men in general.

On the bubble of Ronaldinho and Robinho, three weeks left in 2020 to see whether Rivaldo ketch ah charge.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 11, 2020, 04:24:33 PM »

On the bubble of Ronaldinho and Robinho, three weeks left in 2020 to see whether Rivaldo ketch ah charge.

:rotfl: :rotfl:  ah tired crying .. licks like fire, licks like peas for 2020

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #416 on: December 11, 2020, 06:58:29 PM »
the law is making an example of them!
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 11, 2020, 07:37:19 PM »
He don't  have lawyers like CR7.

1]; } ?>