April 27, 2024, 04:13:54 PM

Author Topic: Robinho Thread  (Read 61490 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Robinho lives up to the hype
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2005, 10:42:45 AM »
Whappen to these men boy...

I know this article was posted here before

http://www.isfa.com/news/?id=16280

It is a real nice read.... in a nutshell parreira says he won the world cup defensively in 94 and got stick for it... Now he says he is going all out to win it with ah super attacking side in the spirit of the 1970 team...

It is said that Brazil has not enjoyed this richness of talent since them days... So he going back to 4-2-4... Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho and Adriano up front... Kaka and Emerson in the middle... Notice all that attack and they still have Emerson they to throw some blade...

So the side go look like this

------------------------------Dida-------------------------------

--------------------Lucio---------Edmilson-------------------

Cafu----------------------------------------------Roberto Carlos

--------------------Kaka------------Emerson------------------

----Robinho----------------------------------------Ronaldinho

------------------Ronaldo------------Adriano-------------------

Now that is scary :notworthy:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2005, 10:59:28 AM »
FF,
True indeed, BOMB SQUAD ..expect all games to be a shootout
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2005, 11:11:51 AM »
First of all, Brazil hasn't had this type of talent for a long time. Hence they needed defensive mids to win.

In the lead up to the 98 world cup Barzil had Denilson, Ronaldo, Romario, Leonardo (who was a playmaker at Milan at the time), Bebeto, Giovanni, Juninho plus the man they call the Animal.

They had more than enough top class talent and they still went with Dunga and Cear Sampaio as the first names on the team sheet. They didn't even take Romario.

That is one country that never lack attacking talent. They pick defensive players by choice not by circumstance.

Second of all, they don't need to break the defense down on every play. Just 5 or 6 times a game. Don't you think that this team is capable of that?
Robinho and Ronaldinho can do it twice each by themselves.

I don't know if this is serious but what happens the 20 - 30 other plays when they don't break down the defence? Does the opposition give them the ball and let them start over or do they have to fight to win it back?

partner that squad wants nothing with this squad. ask zagallo who was coaching the 98 team and is now an assistant.  ask carlos alberto perreira who already win playin defensive mids in 94 and now coaching this squad. this sqad is far superior to any squad brazil put forth in the 90s. That doesn't mean they'll win though.
 and about tryin spann and birchall as defensive mids. it seems like we just "trying" everywhere else too so i don't see that point at all.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »
PS i not sayin anybody wrong, i just don't see the problem with trying a different approach i.e. out and out attack. I am not saying it is right, just that in the interest of football, i would like to see it. I don't know about anyone else but i like to see more goals more than i like to see tackles.

And kicker,
Diego is th emidfield general i was looking for that u referred to. a man who can control the middle. That is basically what he does and did when Brazil won the copa america last year
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2005, 11:27:31 AM »
PS i not sayin anybody wrong, i just don't see the problem with trying a different approach i.e. out and out attack. I am not saying it is right, just that in the interest of football, i would like to see it. I don't know about anyone else but i like to see more goals more than i like to see tackles.

And kicker,
Diego is th emidfield general i was looking for that u referred to. a man who can control the middle. That is basically what he does and did when Brazil won the copa america last year

When Brazil won the last copa, Alex (and to a lesser extent Kleberson) was the midfield general. Diego was most times coming off the bench, and didn't have a big impact. I saw all of Brazil's copa games, which is why I say that I'll be surprised if Diego bounces back and makes this current squad.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2005, 12:04:40 PM »

I agree that ball winners facilitate possession, but it's not just possession that I'm speaking of, it's more the style of possession that Brazil has been associated with Brazil.

I know that this is what you meant but it is not what you said. Brazil still play possession football because they have talented players and that is how they play but you are right it is different to the kind of football that men remember Brazil playing.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2005, 12:18:53 PM »
partner that squad wants nothing with this squad. ask zagallo who was coaching the 98 team and is now an assistant.  ask carlos alberto perreira who already win playin defensive mids in 94 and now coaching this squad. this sqad is far superior to any squad brazil put forth in the 90s.

And they are still going to play defensive midfielders. They will not play with six attacking players just because they can. It ha sto make tactical sense as well.

I like to see good teams win and it would be a shame for a team with Brazil's talent to shoot themselves in the foot by ignoring players like Emerson and Gilberto.

But we'll see. Personally I don't believe that Pareira of all people is going into a WC game without defensive minded midfielders.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2005, 01:13:04 PM »
Whappen to these men boy...

I know this article was posted here before

http://www.isfa.com/news/?id=16280

It is a real nice read.... in a nutshell parreira says he won the world cup defensively in 94 and got stick for it... Now he says he is going all out to win it with ah super attacking side in the spirit of the 1970 team...

It is said that Brazil has not enjoyed this richness of talent since them days... So he going back to 4-2-4... Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho and Adriano up front... Kaka and Emerson in the middle... Notice all that attack and they still have Emerson they to throw some blade...

So the side go look like this

------------------------------Dida-------------------------------

--------------------Lucio---------Edmilson-------------------

Cafu----------------------------------------------Roberto Carlos

--------------------Kaka------------Emerson------------------

----Robinho----------------------------------------Ronaldinho

------------------Ronaldo------------Adriano-------------------

Now that is scary :notworthy:

Nice sentimental, romantic squad.

In reality...time fuh yuh to wake up.  Brasil not goin wit 1 defensive midfielder....ESPECIALLY given that Cafu & RC does FREQUENTLY get caught out of position when overlappin.  Not in today's football sah.

Again....nice thoughts.  All that attacking talent cyah do squat if they doh have de ball.  That is why it's imperative to have the Emerson's and Gilberto Silva's of this world.

That said...that side yuh name could play T&T and gi we 6 at least.  We might even score 1 or 2, but it eh go be T&T dem playin come next summer...unless we get draw in dem group.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2005, 01:52:01 PM »
Palos,

The only difference with tha side and de side wha play in the confederations cup is basically ze roberto on the wing... and he eh no defensive midfielder!! so wha you really talking bout???

Forget the defence because cicinho and gilberto was straight swaps for cafu and RC.

The only defensive player in the midfield was Emerson... to say Ze Roberto was a defensive player is aahhh stretchhhhh....
After that is Kaka, Ronaldinho, Adriano and Robinho...

So they went with ONE DM and watch ....

Tha squad give Argentina 4 in de final... ah know yuh watch de game

And boss... I eh make up that outta de top of my head... That is why I post de link.... watch it good.. is only Ronaldo to come een and the squad complete... If they want they could switch tings round and go a lil more conservative such is their depth...

ah tell yuh is ah scary squad!!!

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2005, 03:15:50 PM »
Palos,

The only difference with tha side and de side wha play in the confederations cup is basically ze roberto on the wing... and he eh no defensive midfielder!! so wha you really talking bout???

Forget the defence because cicinho and gilberto was straight swaps for cafu and RC.

The only defensive player in the midfield was Emerson... to say Ze Roberto was a defensive player is aahhh stretchhhhh....
After that is Kaka, Ronaldinho, Adriano and Robinho...

So they went with ONE DM and watch ....

Tha squad give Argentina 4 in de final... ah know yuh watch de game

And boss... I eh make up that outta de top of my head... That is why I post de link.... watch it good.. is only Ronaldo to come een and the squad complete... If they want they could switch tings round and go a lil more conservative such is their depth...

ah tell yuh is ah scary squad!!!

No disrespeck FF but you watch dem Confederation Cup games and come away wit de impression dat Ze Roberto play anything other than defensive midfield?  You say he play on de wing?  Who wing?  Emerson wing?  ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2005, 03:39:17 PM »
Marcos...I doh really feel you watch football nah. That Brazil line up is rubbish. You could try something different, yeah, but you just trying to pile on your favorite players on one team. That team will get smashed by a tactically astute and skillful team like Argentina. Too many attackers and Diego is not playing well enough to make Brazil's squad. he is talented and between now and the Cup he might become the man...but for now he not even making the bench. AND last copa America Diego was a serious bench warmer. He probably didn't start a single game and Alex (the captain) was the midfield general. He and Kleberson started just about every game. What football have you been watching dread?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2005, 05:56:14 PM »
watch plenty football and saw who was on d field when brazil came back to draw in d final seconds of the copa final
if it was up to ppl like allyuh everyone would still believe d world was flat
all i doin is makin suggestions
y'all sound like u just always want to be a step behind
probably backed france and portugal in d last world cup too
everybody doubted me when i was saying brazil was winnin d last wc.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2005, 07:27:07 PM »
heheh...Marcos, that last post was a real defensive rant,...but i supporting Brazil from the time when they was winning absolutely nothing in the 80s (except Copa Aamerica '89) and early 90s, until now....i never waiver from dat. but that is not the point. I not suggesting an archaic brazilian solution, or that the squad should remain unchanged, so the world is flat analogy is garbage. Yep, your lineup was weak in my and just about everyone's opinion who bothered to respond to what you put out there. No need to take up the attitude that you are the only enlightened genius. Why you get vex? Everyone must like your line up now? You put something on the site....then be prepared to get a response in disagreement sometimes...especially when you talk rubbish like saying Diego was Brazil's midfield general in the Copa and trying to back it up by saying he was on the field for the last few minutes of the final. Yep he was on as a late sub in the final, yes he is a gifted player, but you are wrong...he was not the midfield general. It is impossible to call him that when he started every game on the bench and played very few minutes, and he was fully fit...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2005, 06:59:38 AM »
watch plenty football and saw who was on d field when brazil came back to draw in d final seconds of the copa final
if it was up to ppl like allyuh everyone would still believe d world was flat
all i doin is makin suggestions
y'all sound like u just always want to be a step behind
probably backed france and portugal in d last world cup too
everybody doubted me when i was saying brazil was winnin d last wc.

Marcos, take it easy.......believing the world is flat, and backing France and Portugal, and doubting that Brazil was winning the last world cup, has nothing to do with the fact that Diego was not the midfield general in the last copa. That's all peeps tryin' to say. I watched every game in the last copa...........Diego didn't make much of a note. That's not saying that he's not good. No one is doubting that he's a talented player, and no one will be shocked if he found form, and played a major role for Brazil. At this point, that's just not the case. Diego himself might admit that. He was more of a leader a few Gold Cups ago with the Brazil U-23 team. If you made reference to that, then your argument would have been more credible, but your Copa example was just the wrong one, that's all. If you feel he should be on the team, fine. But others don't. It's as simple as that.

You can't say that people want to be a step behind, when they suggest that a midfield should be balanced out with holding/defensive middies. If anything, they're a step ahead. The game has changed, and holding midfielders have gained importance with the advancement of football and footballing tactics. An unbalanced team is actually a step behind the times.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 07:03:45 AM by kicker »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2005, 07:36:59 AM »
haha
i just talkin bout playin an attackin formation
i not defendin my diego pick
my world is flat analogy wasn't  referring to him but to the idea that you MUST play with a def mid to have success
that's why i said i was just making suggestions
i have no problem with ppl disagreeing with me
i enjoy open debates
i have said it time and again that this is a FORUM to voice opinions
and about piling all my favorite players on one team, i just talking about piling all the best offensive players into one team. I just wanna see it before i say it is a terrible idea
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 07:42:00 AM by Marcos »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2005, 07:44:39 AM »
i love that we arguing about Brazil doh.
u shoulda see ppl walink in little brazil with flag on their backs after brazil won the copa last yr.
we need to have a little brazil in trinidad

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2005, 07:46:36 AM »
i love that we arguing about Brazil doh.
u shoulda see ppl walink in little brazil with flag on their backs after brazil won the copa last yr.
we need to have a little brazil in trinidad

Come World Cup time....half of Trinidad is little Brazil..........me included

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »
I understand what yuh saying Marcos. It is clear that you appreciate attaking football but putiing a player in a def mid slot does not make him good at tackling, harrying and supporting.

Neither Spann nor Birchall are natural defensive midfielders. You could put them there and hope for the best, but you can't put them there and then take away a defender, add an attacker and expect them to pick up the slack.

Players like Makalele, Desailly, Glberto, Davids, Keane are where they are for a reason, they have an aptitude for the defensive part of the game because of their skills, attitude and experience.

Football is very defensive now because everybody is afraid of the counter attack. There are very few teams that play with two out and out forwards, much less for two forwards plus a pure playmaker. When they play with two wingers you will see theree midfielers and one forward (like United and Chelsea) and when

Barcelona is probably the most adventurous playing with Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Deco and I guess Larson,when fit. the end result though is that they don't defend as well and a team like Chelsea can sut through them like butter on a given day.
Yes it is ah fact that Barcelona have some defensive problems and Chelsea beat them in d Champions league 4-2,but lightining don't strike twice and on any given day Barcelona can beat any side in d World and to all the Real Madrid fans in hear who praisin Robinho,d El Clasico' is  Sunday 20 November in d Bernabeau,well see if Robinho in really a genius
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Parreira considers option of four-man attack
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2005, 04:27:33 AM »
Parreira considers option of four-man attack

TERESOPOLIS, Brazil, Sept 2 (Reuters) - Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira thinks it is still too early to say whether the world champions will continue to use four forwards during next year's World Cup.
Brazil won the Confederations Cup using the ultra-offensive line-up, with Adriano and Robinho playing in attack and Kaka and Ronaldinho behind them.
Parreira will repeat the system for Sunday's World Cup qualifier against Chile in Brasilia, when a win will guarantee them a place in Germany with two games to spare.
This time, Ronaldo, who was rested from the Confederations Cup, returns to partner Adriano in attack with Robinho and Kaka behind them. Ronaldinho is suspended.
'Having four forwards doesn't mean that you're going to score lots of goals in every game,' Parreira told reporters on Thursday.
'We hope it works against Chile so you can continue with this formation for a while longer, and, who knows, even until the World Cup.
'I'm not really looking beyond Sunday, but if it doesn't work, we'll have to change.
'We're virtually playing with four forwards and if they don't get it right, we're very vulnerable.'
Although the system worked well in Germany, it backfired badly during the World Cup qualifier against Argentina in Buenos Aires in June when Argentina scored three times in the first half on their way to an emphatic 3-1 win.
Brazil gained revenge by beating their neighbours 4-1 in the Confederations Cup final three weeks later.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Parreira considers option of four-man attack
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2005, 05:06:06 AM »

'Having four forwards doesn't mean that you're going to score lots of goals in every game,' Parreira told reporters on Thursday.

'We're virtually playing with four forwards and if they don't get it right, we're very vulnerable.'
Although the system worked well in Germany, it backfired badly during the World Cup qualifier against Argentina in Buenos Aires in June when Argentina scored three times in the first half on their way to an emphatic 3-1 win.

Have a good read eh Marcos. And that is just four forwards he talking about. Yuh really think that the system would work better or be more reliable with your five forwards plus Diego.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2005, 08:07:25 AM »
BETTER!!!!!!!
Wha small goal side could test dem

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Robinho too maga
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2005, 09:11:22 AM »
Real Madrid want a beefier Robinho
tribalfootball.com

Real Madrid coaching staff want star signing Robinho to PUT ON weight before they start him again in games.

Coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo and his backroom team believe Robinho is too lightweight for the rigours of European football and want to see him increase his weight from his 65kgs to 68kgs.

Robinho has admitted to Real coaches he is concerned that he hasn't been able to produce the sort of football that made him famous at Santos. The Brazilian has now been put on a strict weight training and diet program which Real staff expect to see positive results within a month.

Luxemburgo hinted at his concerns last week, admitting: "Robinho does not have a suitable physical base for European football. We want him to build himself up."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Robinho too maga
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2005, 10:17:31 AM »
Densil Theobald could use that program too
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2005, 10:44:35 AM »
They should send him to Milan or Juv. dem have they own Lab known for that sort of thing  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2005, 10:54:27 AM »
Interesting....Raul wasn't much bigger than Robinho when he started playing for Real Madrid.  Matter of fact, Raul only put on some size as he got older which is normal for most human beings.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2005, 11:12:34 AM »
Juve is meh second favorite team, but they've been  under the microscope too many times for alleged banned drug use. Ah like the way Real protecting Robinho.  He is really a longterm investment, although his talent is already reaping dividends.  That is the part of the game that we are lagging behind.  There has got to be a better monitoring of the nutritional and physical development of our teams, starting at the grassroot level of the game.  The pro clubs need to start incorporating this into their respective programs by bringing such professionals on board at their clubs.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2005, 11:23:58 AM »
Why don't they just put him on the Ronaldo diet?  Stern did it and look at the results

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2005, 11:29:22 AM »
Why don't they just put him on the Ronaldo diet?  Stern did it and look at the results
ha!ha!ha!!!!! all you good we,i want to get that diet.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2005, 11:40:27 AM »
Interesting....Raul wasn't much bigger than Robinho when he started playing for Real Madrid.  Matter of fact, Raul only put on some size as he got older which is normal for most human beings.

Good point. I suspect they were talking about long term
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2005, 11:42:09 AM »
ey ey leave fat boy stern alone.

member of stern for goals commitee
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

1]; } ?>