March 28, 2024, 11:39:19 PM

Author Topic: Robinho Thread  (Read 60581 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Robinho Thread
« on: July 02, 2005, 06:16:07 PM »
www.skysports.com

Real Madrid have finally reached agreement with Santos over Robinho, ending any floundering hopes Arsenal had of landing the player.

For months, Real have been tracking the Brazilian starlet and they agreed terms with the player's representatives some months ago.

However, Santos had thus far refused all of Real's offers.

Arsenal made a move last week, but that has seemingly just spurred Real into sealing the move - although Robinho always underlined his intent to move to El Santiago Bernabeu.

Agreement was reached late on Friday at Santos president Marcelo Teixeira's house and Real will pay €25 million for Robinho - although Santos will only receive 60 percent of that, as the player's agent Wagner Ribeiro owns the rest of him.

The last straw for Santos was when Robinho failed to turn up for training on Friday, following his participation at The Confederations Cup in Germany.

Real's sporting director Emilio Butragueno was confirmed his delight at Robinho's impending arrival in the Spanish capital.

"Robinho has been the soccer sensation of the last year," he said.

"Although he is very young, his contribution to Real Madrid can be spectacular. Luxemburgo only took seconds in giving his opinion. Wanderley is enchanted by his arrival."

Madrid will now turn their attentions elsewhere, having already landed Robinho, plus two further South Americans in the shape of Carlos Diogo and Pablo Garcia.

One player still being strongly linked in England and Spain is Liverpool's Steven Gerrard.

It is claimed in both country's media that contract negotiations are not going well - with Spanish sources saying that Gerrard's huge demands are a tactic to engineer a move to Madrid.

It remains to be seen what will happen with Gerrard, but the longer talks ensure without progress - the more speculation about his future there will be.

www.skysports.com
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Real Madrid get their man!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 09:06:49 PM »
This youth is heading for stardom, wrong team though. Barcelona is the place to be.

Real is in the rebuilding process. A lot of changes will be made before the start of the new season. I doubt Robinho will be able to dominate this year, he's just too small. He'll need lift iron to be effective at that level.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 04:09:12 AM »
This youth is heading for stardom, wrong team though. Barcelona is the place to be.

Real is in the rebuilding process. A lot of changes will be made before the start of the new season. I doubt Robinho will be able to dominate this year, he's just too small. He'll need lift iron to be effective at that level.

If he too small....how come he doin so well against all these big and strong defenders at the INTERNATIONAL level?

Is Saviola a "big" man?  Raul?  Robben?

Stern John lookin like Hulk dese days...he dominatin?  It have anybody does fall dong more dan Stern John?

Steupes.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 06:19:46 AM »
Brother you go ahead and steups . When the season come around we'll see.
Robinho is a quality player but you must remember this will be his first season in Spain. Against the better teams he may not be as effective as he could be.

Them men you call, Raul and Robben grow in European Systems and even though they small they strong.

Robinho may not even play as dedicated foward for many games . They will probably push him wide.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 12:14:31 PM »
  It have anybody does fall dong more dan Stern John?

Steupes.

Yeah Emile Heskey lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 01:04:14 PM »
Brother you go ahead and steups . When the season come around we'll see.
Robinho is a quality player but you must remember this will be his first season in Spain. Against the better teams he may not be as effective as he could be.

Them men you call, Raul and Robben grow in European Systems and even though they small they strong.

Robinho may not even play as dedicated foward for many games . They will probably push him wide.

So Saviola grow in European systems too?

Michael Owen not small?  Which more physically demandin leagues it have dan in Britain.  When he come on de scene he was scorin goal by de bagful small as he was and dat was bout Robinho size.

Who is de most effective forward player on de American team?  Not DaMarcus Beasley?  How big he is?  How big Landon Donovan is? 

Robinho mashin up all dem BIG European players on de International stage.  Yuh watchin too much North American sports like NBA & NFL and dem breds.  Dem principle doh always necessarily apply in football.  Yuh have to apply de situation to de individual player.

Is not to say he cyah get stronger.  He will.  But what he have right now quite sufficent.  Yuh think Real Madrid payin dah money not fuh he to start right away?  Yuh tink Arsenal was willin to bruk dem bank fuh somebody dey have to "develop"?

Get real.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 01:07:41 PM by palos »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 01:32:17 PM »
Dat is my point exactly. Don't expect the youth to mash up this season. Ronaldinho spend more than two years in France before he went to Barcelona. He was a skiny youth who needed to learn plenty. Robinho is no different. Robinho is excellent at running at defenders and finding space but he's not the best finisher. When Real Madrid comes up against top European opposition you can't expect the man to just make a difference immediately, give him time is all I'm saying.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 02:24:48 PM »
Dat is my point exactly. Don't expect the youth to mash up this season. Ronaldinho spend more than two years in France before he went to Barcelona. He was a skiny youth who needed to learn plenty. Robinho is no different. Robinho is excellent at running at defenders and finding space but he's not the best finisher. When Real Madrid comes up against top European opposition you can't expect the man to just make a difference immediately, give him time is all I'm saying.

You sayin Ronaldinho wasn't mashin up people prior to goin to Barcelona?

If so..YOU GOTS TO BE KIDDIN!!!!  The main difference between Ronaldinho now and when he was with PSG is experience and Barcelona is a much higher profile club. 

By the way....99% of the worlds population gain size as they get older. 

If Robinho can make a difference for Brasil, THE BEST FOTBALL TEAM ON PLANET EARTH RIGHT NOW, you think he can't do the same for Real Madrid?

You got jokes bro.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 04:05:51 PM »
This will go forever forever. I still say give him time to mature physically and mentally.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2005, 04:43:07 PM »
I want to c how madrid goin and play Robinho with Ronaldo, Raul & Owen........Dey might play with 3 forwards.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2005, 04:55:51 PM »
They say that they keeping Owen. If Luxemburgo keep the 4-4-2 sysytem, I think he will play wide.
He played on the left wing for Brazil in the last Gold Cup.

Barca  still going to mash up next year.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005, 06:38:06 PM »
I want to c how madrid goin and play Robinho with Ronaldo, Raul & Owen........Dey might play with 3 forwards.
Don't worry, Robinho has opened the door for Ronaldo to leave, both internationally and at the club level. Thank the lord!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2005, 08:13:18 PM »
If Real let go Ronaldo they stupid. Ronaldo scored more than Raul and Owen last season. I don't like him but you can't beat class. Ronaldo scores goals.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2005, 09:41:44 PM »
Don't worry, Robinho has opened the door for Ronaldo to leave, both internationally and at the club level. Thank the lord!

You really fed up of Brasil winning all the time and Ronaldo constantly showing that Raul isn't even in the same universe as he is as a player eh?

Wha mus be bunnin yuh even more is when Luxemborgo DROP RAUL, Real Madrid start to win.

Oh well.....keep stocking up on yuh haterade.  You'll need to consume your lifetime's worth of the "beverage" before Ronaldo is done.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 09:45:10 PM by palos »

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2005, 12:36:15 PM »
Robinho isnt in d same class as Ronaldo, i find Owen cud go to d bench, madrid got a lot of penalties from Ronaldo getting kick down in the box last season.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

jusme

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2005, 01:10:37 PM »
Robinho isnt in d same class as Ronaldo, i find Owen cud go to d bench, madrid got a lot of penalties from Ronaldo getting kick down in the box last season.

I was just about to talk about Ronaldo ability to draw penalties.  Every game I watch, the man does either score or win a penalty for somebody else (usually Zidane) to score.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2005, 02:20:47 PM »
From all accounts it seems that it aint a done deal with Real ???
He perplexed and I perplexed.

Robinho perplexed as Real deal stalls

SAO PAULO, July 4 (Reuters) - Brazil forward Robinho said Monday that Real Madrid had offered $25million to Santos for him and that he could not understand why the Brazilian champions would not let him go.
The 21-year-old, rated as one of the world's most exciting players, became bogged down in controversy last Wednesday after an interview at the Confederations Cup when he bid farewell to Santos supporters and said he wanted to play for the Spanish team.

Santos president Marcelo Teixeira replied that Robinho had a contract until 2008 and any club wanting to buy him beforehand would have to pay a $50million penalty.

A furious Teixeira also accused Real of behaving unethically by approaching Robinho without the club's permission.

'I didn't expect such a fuss when I got a concrete offer to leave Brazil,' Robinho told a media conference on Monday.

'I don't know if I'm going to play for Santos again. But at the moment, I'm not in the right frame of mind to play in Brazil.

'It's difficult to say that I don't want to play for Santos any more, but that's how life goes.'

Robinho, who burst on to the scene in 2002 when he helped Pele's former club win their first Brazilian championship, said that Teixeira had promised he could leave the club after this year's Libertadores Cup campaign.

Santos's participation in the competition ended last month when they lost 5-2 on aggregate to Atletico Paranaense in the quarter-finals after Robinho missed the second leg because of the Confederations Cup.

'In October last year, when PSV (Eindhoven) and Benfica were interested in me, the president told me that he would let me go after the Libertadores for 10 million Euros,' said Robinho.

'Real Madrid are offering $25 million and he doesn't want to let me go. I hope he keeps his promise.'

Robinho defied orders by missing Santos training on Friday and Saturday and was left out of the team for Sunday's Brazilian championship match at home to Juventude.

'I'm not indisciplined and I don't have any privileges within the squad,' Robinho said.

'My mind is at Real Madrid and there's no reason to train when my mind is with Real. I would get in the way of the coach (Gallo).'

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=336578&cc=5901

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Robinho Thread
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 05:41:39 PM »
Robinho joins Real Madrid for 30 million dollars

July 21, 2005
MADRID (AFP) - Real Madrid confirmed it had signed Braziian international striker Robinho from Santos for a fee in the region of 30 million dollars.

The 21-year-old was expected to leave Brazil for 50 million dollars but the player has waived his right to 40-percent of that fee to facilitate the move.

As a result, Real have agreed to pay 60-percent of the Santos demand.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Robinho has renounced the 40-percent to which he had the right to effect his dream move to Real Madrid," said his agent Wagner Ribeiro in Rio de Janeiro.

"Now he is waiting for a certificate of transfer so that he can travel to Spain."

Robinho, who starred for Brazil at the Confederations Cup in Germany last month, had said last week that he was ready to give up millions of dollars to secure the move to Real Madrid.

"If I have to give up what's due to me to play in Real Madrid that's no problem," he said. "I'm young and have all my career ahead of me."

Santos president Marcelo Teixeira had been adamant that with Robinho under contract until 2008 any club that wanted to sign him would have to meet the 50 million dollar penalty clause for the player.

As a sign of protest Robinho - whose mother was kidnapped but subsequently rescued earlier this year - refused to train with his club.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 07:41:43 AM by Flex »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Robinho at last
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2005, 07:15:32 AM »
I hate Real Madrid but with this youth is a future superstar.

Real Get Robinho
7/21/2005 10:52:00 PM
Real Madrid have finally signed Santos striker Robinho in a £16.6 million deal.
The Spanish giants have been chasing Brazil’s highly-rated 21-year-old all summer, and with Robinho recently refusing to play any more games for Santos, a transfer looked more and more likely.

Reports in Spain this morning that Robinho had undergone a ‘secret’ medical for Real suggested that the transfer was not only inevitable but imminent.

And tonight, Real’s media chief Antonio Garcia Ferreras confirmed: "We’ll pay 24 million Euros, that’s 60 per cent of the buy-out clause," referring to the fee of £28.4 million (41 million Euros) that Santos had demanded.

"The other 40 per cent should be paid to the player and his agent, but they will forego their share."

Garcia Ferreras added that the fee will initially be paid to the Brazilian Football Confederation rather than Santos.

"It’s settled," added Robinho’s agent Wagner Riberio.

"I’ve just deposited US$30 million with the Brazilian Football Confederation to be passed on to Santos.

"Robinho is just waiting for a transfer certificate to travel. He waived the 40 per cent to which he was entitled to be able to fulfil his dream of playing for Real Madrid."

The striker was determined to continue his career in the Spanish capital and made it clear after helping Brazil win the Confederations Cup that he saw his future in Europe.

"It’ll be good for the safety of my family," said Robinho, whose mother was kidnapped and held captive for 40 days last year before being released.

"Spain is an ideal country for Brazilian players and I know Real coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo very well. My mind is at Real Madrid."

One of those fellow-Brazilians, Ronaldo, said of the prospect of linking up with Robinho: “With him playing we are going to have fun.”

Robinho also claimed that Santos president Marcelo Teixeira had reneged on a promise to let him leave the club for £6.76 million by upping the price to £28.4 million.

"In October last year, when PSV Eindhoven and Benfica were interested in me, the president told me that he would let me go after the [Copa] Libertadores for 10 million Euros (£6.76 million)," Robinho said.

"Real Madrid are offering $25 million (£14.2 million) and he doesn’t want to let me go. I hope he keeps his promise."

Teixeira insisted that, with Robinho under contract until 2008, any club wanting to sign him would have to meet a £28.4 million penalty clause for the player.

But his tough stance cut no ice with Robinho, who promptly refused to play any more games for Santos after returning from the Confederations Cup.

Robinho, who missed three Brazilian Championship matches, has been fined an undisclosed amount by Santos for every day he has failed to report for duty.

He has reportedly instructed his lawyers to take the case to a local labour court.

His arrival at the Bernabeu will inevitably heighten speculation about fellow-striker Michael Owen’s future with the club.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Robinho at last
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005, 07:16:38 AM »
is Owen on the transfer block then?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2005, 07:25:36 AM »
is Owen on the transfer block then?

No they sold Solari to Inter and looking for a buyer for Figo. Solari played on the left, remember that is where Robinho played for Santos.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2005, 08:52:22 AM »
It is very likely that Figo and Samuel are going to Inter as well

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2005, 10:33:44 AM »
i doubt walter samuel goin any place who is goin to play in the back????/

tstt sports text this morning said the deal aint gone tru yet so me aint sure who or wat on d right track
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
What is so special about robinho fellas
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2005, 11:25:07 AM »
I've been wracking my brains and he reminds me of denilson loads of skill but you really don't know what you're gonna get out of him.... I mean in comparison to his fellow brazilians what does he bring?...I mean with ronaldo you get goals a bunch, with ronaldinho you get some goals and creative playmaking if you ask me in terms of pure goalscoring owen is better though he may not have the flash or skill of robinho he started 26 games last season and was on the bench alot and still scored 16 goals.....I'm not convinced .....feel free to show me that I'm wrong otherwise...I think he is overrated like alot of todays present days football players.....I think players are coming out now at a younger age but not necessarily better than the decade or generation before....I do think though that Rooney is a freak of nature he's going to be really good.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 09:02:34 AM by Ngozi »

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What is so special about robinho fellas
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2005, 11:26:14 AM »
well ronaldho was very excited...he spoke very highly and said the fans will be thrilled..so did julio baptista

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2005, 11:29:59 AM »
I think he is much better that Denilson, but he is missing the goalscoring touch. So far he is lacking the predatory instinct.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2005, 11:39:51 AM »
Ivebeen wracking my brains and he reminds me of denilson loads of skill but you really dont know what youre gonna get out of him....i mean in comparison to his fellow brazilians what does he bring?...I mean with ronaldo you get goals a bunch with ronaldinho you get some goals and creative playmaking if you ask me in terms of pure goalscoring owen is better though he may not have the flash or skill of robinho he started 26 games last season and was on the bench alot and still scored 16 goals.....Im not convinced feel free to show me that im wrong otherwise...I think he is overrated like alot of todays present days football players.....i think players are coming out now at a younger age but not necessarily better than the decade or generation before....i do think though that rooney is a freak of nature he's going to be really good.

And here I was thinking you knew football.  My bad.   ;D

You'll just have to wait and see how the season unflolds.  I suspect you'll be changing your tune very shortly.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2005, 12:08:39 PM »
I think he is much better that Denilson, but he is missing the goalscoring touch. So far he is lacking the predatory instinct.

Tallman, please give me your definition of goalscoring touch.

In 2004- Robinho scored 21 goals in 37 appearances in the brasileiro championship (he was the joint top scorer for Santos).

He also scored 4 goals in 12 caps for Brazil...that's 1 in every 3 games...considering that all his caps probably weren't starts, I don't think that's too shabby either.........for a 21 year old

« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 12:13:22 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2005, 12:12:53 PM »
First I will say that Denilson is a good player, Not becasue he does not score a lot a goals or did not tear up in europe it means you are not that good.

Every player has assets and Denilson is a world class dribbler, It is up to coaches managers etc to put players assests together to form a world class team.

Robinho can dribble and anyone who can dribble will be an attraction in football beacuse the crowd like to see man get beat.

I do not expect him to be a great player especially not now as he still not that physically strong but he will score some goals and share some beat.

I expect that he will replace Ronaldhino as Ronaldhino replaced Rivaldo in time to come

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2005, 12:35:54 PM »
Tallman, please give me your definition of goalscoring touch.

In 2004- Robinho scored 21 goals in 37 appearances in the brasileiro championship (he was the joint top scorer for Santos).

He also scored 4 goals in 12 caps for Brazil...that's 1 in every 3 games...considering that all his caps probably weren't starts, I don't think that's too shabby either.........for a 21 year old

Yuh ketch meh dey. It was ah poor choice of words. First of all ah should qualify de statement by saying dat ah talking bout when he playing fuh Brazil. Secondly, all the times I have seen him play fuh Brazil over de last year, he gets him himself into goalscoring situations, but he is hesitant to pull de trigger (especially when he is de one dat is creating de chance).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>