March 28, 2024, 06:51:56 AM

Author Topic: Robinho Thread  (Read 60566 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Arsenal turn their attentions to Robinho
« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2007, 10:25:26 AM »
and a proven Striker who could pot....we ent need no kinda beat and fan small fry.

See a Drogba or a Berbatov...dais the kinda man yuh need.

Hoping Eduardo Da Silva is the answer cause I dont really know anything about him. Arsenal need a player like Van Nistelrooy or a Crespo -  a pure finisher.

By all reports he is a finisher in the Crespo mold.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2007, 10:50:01 AM »

See a Drogba or a Berbatov...dais the kinda man yuh need.

Under all kicks......watch Newcastle quiet quiet buying up some quality players like Viduka and Barton...they could shock Spurs and Arsenal for a 4th place.

Newcastle? The side to watch out for will be West Ham! Also, given his (Sven) reputation, look out for a resurgence at ManCity!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2007, 10:57:47 AM »
Also, given his (Sven) reputation, look out for a resurgence at ManCity!!

ah love it!!

andre samuel please elaborate on dis comment cause like I doh understand it

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2007, 11:33:24 AM »

ah love it!!

No probs, i will enlighten you,

Sven Goran Eriksson

1979-82: IFK Gothenburg
Swedish Cup Winners 1979
Swedish League Champions 1981
Swedish League Champions 1982
UEFA Cup Winners 1982

1982-84: SL Benfica
Portuguese League Champions 1983
Portuguese League Champions 1984
Portuguese Cup Winners 1983

1984-87: AS Roma
Italian Cup Winners 1986

1989-92: SL Benfica
Portuguese League Champions 1991

1992-97: Sampdoria UC
Italian Cup Winners 1994

1997-2000: SS Lazio
Italian Cup Winners 1998
Italian Super Cup Winners 1998
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999
UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999
Italian League Champions 2000

Record with England (Competitive)

Played 38
Won 26
Drawn 9
Lost 3

Record with England Friendly

Played 29
Won 14
Drawn 8
Lost 7

Grande, dont let the English media fool you, Sven was the best thing to ever happen to England.

His losses were to Brazil in the quarters in WC 2002, a penalty kick loss to Portugal in the quarters in Euro 2004 and a penalty kick loss in the quarters to Portugal again in WC 2006.

So with this information, i repeat, given his (sven) reputation, watch out for ManCity!!

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 08, 2007, 11:51:47 AM »

ah love it!!

No probs, i will enlighten you,

Sven Goran Eriksson

1979-82: IFK Gothenburg
Swedish Cup Winners 1979
Swedish League Champions 1981
Swedish League Champions 1982
UEFA Cup Winners 1982

1982-84: SL Benfica
Portuguese League Champions 1983
Portuguese League Champions 1984
Portuguese Cup Winners 1983

1984-87: AS Roma
Italian Cup Winners 1986

1989-92: SL Benfica
Portuguese League Champions 1991

1992-97: Sampdoria UC
Italian Cup Winners 1994

1997-2000: SS Lazio
Italian Cup Winners 1998
Italian Super Cup Winners 1998
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999
UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999
Italian League Champions 2000

Record with England (Competitive)

Played 38
Won 26
Drawn 9
Lost 3

Record with England Friendly

Played 29
Won 14
Drawn 8
Lost 7

Grande, dont let the English media fool you, Sven was the best thing to ever happen to England.

His losses were to Brazil in the quarters in WC 2002, a penalty kick loss to Portugal in the quarters in Euro 2004 and a penalty kick loss in the quarters to Portugal again in WC 2006.

So with this information, i repeat, given his (sven) reputation, watch out for ManCity!!

ah love it!!

Thanks Andre, I didn't know that the man had a nice looking record like that.  I know he had to be worth something fuh England to keep him on that long and like you stated there, yeah he has a good record with them althought no silverware but other than that his resume good.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 08, 2007, 03:16:33 PM »
I ent feel Robinho cut out to make this squad....

Robinho was pivotal in helping Real Madrid to the Spanish title- had a very big season, and up until last night was carrying Brazil on his shoulders in the Copa America..

Not sure how you come up with the assessment that he isn't cut out to play for the 4th place team in England- Other than Henry- who is no longer at Arsenal, there is no player on the gunners roster who is in a different class than Robinho...

He might have to change up his game a bit- a little less dance and a lil more brawn....If yuh think his game as is, is unsuited to the league, and you don't think he can adjust, then you might have a point, but not cut out to make the squad ?

- a lil perplexing  ???
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2007, 05:42:37 PM »
Plus, from what I've seen, he's still leading the Copa America in scoring...with some clinical finishes to boot
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2007, 05:59:34 PM »

Robinho was pivotal in helping Real Madrid to the Spanish title- had a very big season, and up until last night was carrying Brazil on his shoulders in the Copa America..

Not sure how you come up with the assessment that he isn't cut out to play for the 4th place team in England- Other than Henry- who is no longer at Arsenal, there is no player on the gunners roster who is in a different class than Robinho...

He might have to change up his game a bit- a little less dance and a lil more brawn....If yuh think his game as is, is unsuited to the league, and you don't think he can adjust, then you might have a point, but not cut out to make the squad ?

- a lil perplexing  ???

kicker, doe study dem. Arsenal fans still living in the past (5 years ago) when they had a bomb squad. If man like adebayor, hleb and da silva could make that squad, who is Robinho? arsenal fans lost oui...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 06:01:48 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2007, 09:12:45 PM »

- a lil perplexing  ???

kicker, doe study dem. Arsenal fans still living in the past (5 years ago) when they had a bomb squad. If man like adebayor, hleb and da silva could make that squad, who is Robinho? arsenal fans lost oui...

who was your team 5 years ago Sobriquet?  Knowing you I sure it wasn't Chelsea.  Is only Abramovich millions make you a Chelsea supporter.

Every World Cup is ah new team yuh backing.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2007, 08:15:48 AM »
ALLYUH DOH STUDY ANDRE

he jus wanna set up man to choose a seta man city players in fantasy league so he go win easy this year

by the way where is it mr. samuel??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 09, 2007, 08:33:48 AM »

- a lil perplexing  ???

who was your team 5 years ago Sobriquet?  Knowing you I sure it wasn't Chelsea.  Is only Abramovich millions make you a Chelsea supporter.

Whey Jahyouth. seems like any question/comment i ask, ur answer always pertains to my allegiance to my squad. i is chelsea thru and thru. after wenger and fabregas ride next year, we will see who u supportin. so the question at hand is; do u think Robinho could make that "tough" arsenal starting 11?

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 09, 2007, 09:17:45 AM »

- a lil perplexing  ???

Whey Jahyouth. seems like any question/comment i ask, ur answer always pertains to my allegiance to my squad. i is chelsea thru and thru. after wenger and fabregas ride next year, we will see who u supportin. so the question at hand is; do u think Robinho could make that "tough" arsenal starting 11?

I doh switch teams like draws horse.  Is one team I backing years now, and iis one team I go be backing in the years to come.  If we could get $32 million for Fabregas from Real I say take it.  Leh we rebuild we squad.  Nobody eh worth that much.

Wha you have to study is who you backing after Chelsea start to sputter in a few years after Abramovich gone.  Look for a team from now yuh know.    :beermug:

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 09, 2007, 10:29:17 AM »

- a lil perplexing  ???

I doh switch teams like draws horse.  Is one team I backing years now, and iis one team I go be backing in the years to come.  If we could get $32 million for Fabregas from Real I say take it.  Leh we rebuild we squad.  Nobody eh worth that much.

Wha you have to study is who you backing after Chelsea start to sputter in a few years after Abramovich gone.  Look for a team from now yuh know.    :beermug:

yuh realize, yuh still aint answer the Robinho question?

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2007, 09:00:49 PM »

- a lil perplexing  ???

Man calling you out boy!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Fuh real though why are you all so concerned with Arsenal? ???
TnT Patriot

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 10, 2007, 11:27:02 AM »
Ha Ha, Arsenal has the same chance of this as also getting Drogba, Christiano ronaldo, Essien and Steven Gerard>>>>>>>>NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Robinho or Tevez who is the better choice for Man U
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2007, 08:09:20 PM »
I know that Real Madrid was thinking about moving Robinho to Italy. Man U should have gone after Robinho instead of Tevez. I will take Robinho on my team before Tevez easily.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Robinho or Tevez who is the better choice for Man U
« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2007, 08:16:21 PM »
I know that Real Madrid was thinking about moving Robinho to Italy. Man U should have gone after Robinho instead of Tevez. I will take Robinho on my team before Tevez easily.

Physically, Tevez seems more up to the challenge and he's proven that he can excel in the EPL. He'd be less of a risk than Robinho after proving himself at West Ham. In that regard, EPL teams would covet Tevez over Robinho....I think.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2007, 08:30:46 PM »

Physically, Tevez seems more up to the challenge and he's proven that he can excel in the EPL. He'd be less of a risk than Robinho after proving himself at West Ham. In that regard, EPL teams would covet Tevez over Robinho....I think.

Well said, Filho.  i would never take a gamble and buy Robinho over Tevez, after seeing him endure such criticism early on, then literally take West Ham on his shoulders and save dem frm relegation.  Sir Alex said that he became convinced that Tevez was the man he wanted after he beat Man U at Old Trafford.  Why yuh think they going through all that litigation for de man?  Is because he is EPL-proven.  De man does hustle like ah bulldog, with great creativity too.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2007, 08:48:12 PM »

Agreed...Toppa might send meh a cyber-slap for this but Tevez might also be a more complete player than Robinho. Wicked free-kicks, headers, the same stepovers and deadly finishing, good physicality for small stature...Tevez have it. Pretty much there is little Tevez can't do. Not sure if I can say the same abt Robinho but they both did carry their respective sides to personal victory in the late stages of their league seasons.

In a Man U context...Tevez will be an excellent signing, for any team for that matter. Robinho would be more effective in C. Ronaldo's position since Robinho can actually get past men with his stepovers and tends to use his brain more than his Portuguese counterpart.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 08:54:39 PM by Grande »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2007, 09:35:49 PM »
Good abservations fellas but for 1v1 Robinho has the edge, and as a striker that is huge

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 31, 2007, 11:57:32 PM »

Robinho is an "untouchable" according to Real's new coach. They're actually going to centre the attack around him. So ManU could hul!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2007, 12:00:28 AM »

Robinho is an "untouchable" according to Real's new coach. They're actually going to centre the attack around him. So ManU could hul!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 01, 2007, 06:34:28 AM »
Ah go have to ride with Robhino. Granted Filho's point about de EPL is noteworthy but Tevez kinda show me his limitedness on de International stage de other day but again we talking about de EPL so I like Robhino but Tevez is most probably de most realistical choice.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2007, 09:47:48 AM »
For the EPL, I'll give Tevez the nod based on his physicality...

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline labi

• New Warrior
  • AKINLABINHO
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 01, 2007, 11:41:22 AM »
u guys need 2 go watch joga tv....robinho said intelligence will always beat strength..ROBINHO ova TEVeZ any day!!! 
akinlabinho

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 01, 2007, 01:15:45 PM »
u guys need 2 go watch joga tv....robinho said intelligence will always beat strength..ROBINHO ova TEVeZ any day!!! 

Allyuh talking like Tevez is the village idiot.

Tevez is also a smart player, and more suited for the EPL than Robinho. As for who is the better player overall, that just comes down to ur personal opinion
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 01, 2007, 01:27:50 PM »

Agreed...Toppa might send meh a cyber-slap for this but Tevez might also be a more complete player than Robinho. Wicked free-kicks, headers, the same stepovers and deadly finishing, good physicality for small stature...Tevez have it. Pretty much there is little Tevez can't do. Not sure if I can say the same abt Robinho but they both did carry their respective sides to personal victory in the late stages of their league seasons.

In a Man U context...Tevez will be an excellent signing, for any team for that matter. Robinho would be more effective in C. Ronaldo's position since Robinho can actually get past men with his stepovers and tends to use his brain more than his Portuguese counterpart.

You was talking sense until...  ;D
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 01, 2007, 03:40:01 PM »
tevez anyday for me :)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »
robinho is a very very good player but tevez i think is better overall.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 01, 2007, 07:21:01 PM »
Tevez tevez tevez.......Tevez is a better fit in a Manu structure...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:26:28 PM by College »

1]; } ?>