March 28, 2024, 10:50:29 PM

Author Topic: Robinho Thread  (Read 60580 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Robinho too maga
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2005, 11:47:01 AM »
There has got to be a better monitoring of the nutritional and physical development of our teams, starting at the grassroot level of the game.  The pro clubs need to start incorporating this into their respective programs by bringing such professionals on board at their clubs.

This wouldn't work in Trinidad.  It would mean men cah eat no doubles.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2005, 04:53:42 PM »
Peong allyuh good yes.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2005, 05:17:23 PM »
at the time raul was thin the european leage wasnt as difficult
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2005, 06:25:36 PM »
at the time raul was thin the european leage wasnt as difficult

Please provide examples as to what you mean by "CL wasn't as difficult when Raul was thin".

Thanks.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2005, 07:06:30 PM »
 ;D

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2005, 09:00:21 PM »
Please provide examples as to what you mean by "CL wasn't as difficult when Raul was thin".

Im speaking of the style of football and the level of competition i think we both understand that foot ball has grown but do u think sum of yesteryears greats wud hav stood a chance in champions leage and wat nut today
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 05:18:00 AM by Tallman »
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2005, 04:50:54 PM »
 I think T&T pro clubs should start lookin at nutritional programs for their players..it is very important

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2005, 05:00:09 PM »

Im speaking of the style of football and the level of competition i think we both understand that foot ball has grown but do u think sum of yesteryears greats wud hav stood a chance in champions leage and wat nut today

I just have to give only one example to debunk that theory:

The AC Milan team of Baresi, Van Basten, Gullitt, Rijkaard, Donadoni etc would mash up most and more than likely ALL teams that currently play in world football today.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2005, 05:42:58 PM »

The AC Milan team of Baresi, Van Basten, Gullitt, Rijkaard, Donadoni etc would mash up most and more than likely ALL teams that currently play in world football today.

Now dat was ah team... them boys from the orange was pure class.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2005, 09:50:19 PM »

Steups ...foolishness...old time dayz....football today is built on how to beat these teams...that is how it does evolve...there will always be a good team but someone will find a way to counteract them and voila a different style is born...to say they could beat anybody now is a bold statement..because all teams today have learnt from teams of the past ...

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2005, 09:51:03 PM »
In d first game of d Cl against Lyon, dem fellas was not holdin back on anyone, especially Robino.................i really felt sorry 4 him dat game..............he bounce back nice though.........good 2 c

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2005, 10:32:54 PM »
I said this about Robinho before on this forum and certain men say is not basketball we talking bout. In the modern game iwhen you are that small you need to be able to collect a barage of fouls. There was no way Robinho was going to be absolutley world class in his first season in arguably the best league in the world. Give the lad some time.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2005, 02:36:58 PM »
Steups ...foolishness...old time dayz....football today is built on how to beat these teams...that is how it does evolve...there will always be a good team but someone will find a way to counteract them and voila a different style is born...to say they could beat anybody now is a bold statement..because all teams today have learnt from teams of the past ...

No disrespeck eh....but  your statement above is among the most IGNORANT posts I have ever seen on this board.  Surprising in a sense because I sure you know yuh ball.  I eh go even boddah explain because I sure by now yuh figure it out.

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2005, 03:09:26 PM »
I think T&T pro clubs should start lookin at nutritional programs for their players..it is very important
Great point Ponnoxx them pro league player real small .
Other than Tallest most of the local players when they go out side they does put on real size, in some cases to much
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2005, 03:10:33 PM »
Great point Ponnoxx them pro league player real small .
Other than Tallest most of the local players when they go out side they does put on real size, in some cases to much :rotfl:
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2005, 03:11:53 PM »
He eh go remain maga fuh too long: Real Madrid given food for thought
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2005, 03:15:41 PM »
He eh go remain maga fuh too long: Real Madrid given food for thought

Oh gorm.....she could wuk me anytime. 

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2005, 08:37:53 PM »
he might be lil small -but that doesnt stop him from embarrassing men.  when he was in brazil a referee give him a card once for beating too much.  either way, now that he is a rich fella chances are that he wil bulk up some.

if all else fails i say send him to school in the southern US.  my freshmen year i put on 15 pounds after a healthy diet of fast food, fried deaders, grits and other assorted high oil, low taste cafeteria specials.   (i stop eating all them ting now tho)

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2005, 09:39:39 PM »
I saw him in the match today and wondered why they weren't trying to give him more of the ball. De man just blowing past men easy or maybe deh just fraid to foul him or look stupid if he beat dem.

Didnt look like he was getting beaten up or tumbling down at all.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What you think of Robinho?
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2006, 04:47:03 PM »
There was a lot of questions asked about Robinho when he joined Real Madrid,he too small,can't handle the physical rigours of the league,will not last etc what we think about him right now?

TrinInfinite

Re: What you think of Robinho?
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2006, 05:33:31 PM »
hes faster than ronaldo and has better dribblin ability and he is still young, he will be better, but he is smaller in size and strength, dis is his only downfall

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What you think of Robinho?
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2006, 06:38:05 PM »
hes faster than ronaldo and has better dribblin ability and he is still young, he will be better, but he is smaller in size and strength, dis is his only downfall

God point and maybe a lot of people who have already put the PELE mantle on him should give him some time to develop.
How many times we hear of another maradona or another Pele ?
My own take on him is that he is a good player and works hard but he is not special ! Messi is special and is much younger but even  I wont dub him the next maradona ...not yet  !
There will always be talk about Robinho and his size, a moot point as Bebeto, tigana, giresse,saviola,makelele,latapy and others have shown. if you are going to be the world's best you will find a way to overcome any disability you may have naturally.
Garrincha played with a deformity all his life yet remains in brazilian folklore as ' the little bird ' who when he took flight was unstoppable. he remains the most famous dribbler that brazil has ever produced.
Messi is just a few pounds heavier than Robinho and is even shorter and I dont hear people making excuses for his size.
the most impressive footballer from brazil for me is ronaldinho but the most dangerous is KAKA !! Noone takes him seriously but Pereira never picks a brazil team for a big game without his gifted midfielder.
Robinho is years away from the talent that KAKA now shows....when Brazil play well KAKA always seems to be greatly involved in the mix ...but few notice ..

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
Re: What is so special about robinho fellas
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2006, 06:50:51 PM »
AC MILAN  has noticed though because I was watching that program on fsc you know milan weekly or something like that and there was Van basten and Rui Costa talking about KAKA as the one to carry the number 10 jersey because he is the heir to that jersey althought Rui Costa currently wears it.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2006, 06:51:11 PM »
I think he is much better that Denilson, but he is missing the goalscoring touch. So far he is lacking the predatory instinct.

i agree.

thats robinho in a nut shell i'd think.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2006, 07:24:23 PM »
Ivebeen wracking my brains and he reminds me of denilson loads of skill but you really dont know what youre gonna get out of him....i mean in comparison to his fellow brazilians what does he bring?...I mean with ronaldo you get goals a bunch with ronaldinho you get some goals and creative playmaking if you ask me in terms of pure goalscoring owen is better though he may not have the flash or skill of robinho he started 26 games last season and was on the bench alot and still scored 16 goals.....Im not convinced feel free to show me that im wrong otherwise...I think he is overrated like alot of todays present days football players.....i think players are coming out now at a younger age but not necessarily better than the decade or generation before....i do think though that rooney is a freak of nature he's going to be really good.

And here I was thinking you knew football.  My bad.   ;D

You'll just have to wait and see how the season unflolds.  I suspect you'll be changing your tune very shortly.

Aye Palos you are a Boss,you know what you was talking about,i think we see something some ppl don't.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2006, 08:45:04 PM »
I think he is much better that Denilson, but he is missing the goalscoring touch. So far he is lacking the predatory instinct.

i agree.

thats robinho in a nut shell i'd think.

Robinho has a sharper goalscoring touch and predatory instinct than Denilson, although I would say they are pretty much equal in dribbling skill. I looked at some of Robinho's games for Madrid and Brazil, he is coming into his own as a striker, he knows how to run at defenders, or to place himself for a defence-splitting pass. I thought he was all skill but with no end product too, but he's provin me wrong.
Brazil mostly used Denilson as ah substitute to kill off the clock with dribbling...ah remember five Turkey players couldn't get de ball off him in the last WC....or he is good for drawin fouls around de penalty area but other than that I wouldn't bet on Denilson scoring goals .

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2006, 08:47:56 PM »
well i never thought denilson was much of a goal scorer.

When he was playing i think he really prefered to run de ball true ah man legs rather than a man goal posts.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2006, 09:14:26 PM »

Robinho has a sharper goalscoring touch and predatory instinct than Denilson, although I would say they are pretty much equal in dribbling skill. I looked at some of Robinho's games for Madrid and Brazil, he is coming into his own as a striker, he knows how to run at defenders, or to place himself for a defence-splitting pass. I thought he was all skill but with no end product too, but he's provin me wrong.
Brazil mostly used Denilson as ah substitute to kill off the clock with dribbling...ah remember five Turkey players couldn't get de ball off him in the last WC....or he is good for drawin fouls around de penalty area but other than that I wouldn't bet on Denilson scoring goals .

I guess we down to deciding how good robinho is by comparing him with Denilson ??
denilson was a left footed winger. Robinho is a right footed foward. I guess that´s close enough  ????

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2006, 09:17:31 PM »

I guess we down to deciding how good robinho is by comparing him with Denilson ??
denilson was a left footed winger. Robinho is a right footed foward. I guess that´s close enough  ????

boss all i compare Robinho to Denilson with is dribbling skill, nuttin else.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2006, 12:34:34 AM »
 Robinho has gotten better...He is taking on more players...Scoring goals...Creating chanes...In the next 3 years chances are that he might be what Ronaldinho is today

1]; } ?>