March 28, 2024, 07:10:00 PM

Author Topic: Flintoff sledging Bravo  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Flintoff sledging Bravo
« on: October 20, 2006, 07:37:07 AM »
Watch this clip of Flintoff sledging Bravo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1NFbVx0uN8

I want to see Bravo and the rest of the guys give Flintoff (England's captain) some real verbal abuse when we play England. We are the holders of the ICC Champions Trophy and we should let him know why.

Flintoff obviously was wrong about Bravo because Bravo is going to be around for a long time yet.

One thing that does have to be said however is that on that occasion it was a poor attempt at sledging by Bravo. Bravo gave a perfect example of how NOT to sledge- no eye contact, head down, no purpose, no aggresion. Hopefully he can take some lessons of Gayle and do some proper sledging next time Fintoff comes to the crease.

Watch the clip below for the perfect way to sledge by Kumar Sangakkara

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlFF98dM8sA&NR
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 07:42:38 AM by Remie »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Flintoff sledging Bravo
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 08:32:56 AM »
Ah ein't go say it but ,sometimes them ppl arrogance is really get to me ,ah hope we ram it down them
troat ,all of a sudden them so big and bad eh .

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 09:07:51 AM »
somebody please post Gayle's sledging from Wednesday.  Ah cah wait for friggin England. 
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 09:54:11 AM »
Hear you go .Them men like to talk smack ,it was only a matter of time before we snapped ,wonder what he told him ,heard it was real bad!! .Then he start to back  :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://media.putfile.com/Gayle-has-a-go-at-Clarke-part-1

http://media.putfile.com/Gayle-and-Samules-ready-for-clarke
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 10:02:35 AM by Compre Version 2:0 »

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 10:07:10 AM »
Hear you go .Them men like to talk smack ,it was only a matter of time before we snapped ,wonder what he told him ,heard it was real bad!! .Then he start to back :rotfl: :rotfl:

lol   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Gayle move like a real criminal boy!
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 10:57:45 AM »
Hear you go .Them men like to talk smack ,it was only a matter of time before we snapped ,wonder what he told him ,heard it was real bad!! .Then he start to back  :rotfl: :rotfl:
de commentators saying that something must have been said by Clarke as Gayle is not that sort of guy to be animated so.
and the second video shows Clarke giving Samuels words also.
ICC needs to do a better investigation, right...I find that they "drop de ball" on this one..Clarke should have been given some sort of penalty also....ICC it takes TWO to tango
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 11:06:35 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 12:09:15 PM »
de commentators saying that something must have been said by Clarke as Gayle is not that sort of guy to be animated so.
and the second video shows Clarke giving Samuels words also.
ICC needs to do a better investigation, right...I find that they "drop de ball" on this one..Clarke should have been given some sort of penalty also....ICC it takes TWO to tango

Although there is a different topic debating this issue, il say again that Gayle was not fined for what he said but for the physical contact that he made with Clarke. There is no evidence against Clarke to say that he deserves a fine. Clarke did not physically touch Gayle and nothing abusive has been picked up on the stump microphones. In Gayle's case there are 10 different camera angles on Gayle pushing his shoulder into Clarke so i think that sums it up. Gayle deserved the fine and Clarke did not. The match referee got it right.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 12:10:49 PM »
fair enough then
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 12:12:11 PM »
But the fine was well worth it  :beermug:

Next time he should take a leaf out of Sangakkara's book (link at the top of page). That was some of the best sledging ive heard. Even though the whole world can hear it there is nothing that the match referee can do because its only words and he didnt swear. The Flintoff reply to Bravo was also quite good at the time although i hope Bravo makes him eat his words one day.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 12:16:06 PM by Remie »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 01:51:25 PM »
I remember the radio commentators treating it as a joke, but I was watching it and thinking Gayle not looking like he joking... especially when he threw the ball away for 4 runs. I realised someone said something to Samuels too because he suddenly became very chatty. Of all the people to harass why Gayle? The man is quiet, perhaps that why. Anyway, it's good though, perhaps they've awakened something in these guys. We'll see.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 02:44:44 PM »
But the fine was well worth it  :beermug:
if it was me, i would not want to give anybody any of my hard earned money  ;)
even with the win, trophy doh feed pickny :rotfl:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 03:38:28 PM »
Flintoff got Tino in the same test match that Lara made his 400 i believe... I remember being there and hearing him say... mind the window pains tino.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 06:18:40 PM »
Flintoff got Tino in the same test match that Lara made his 400 i believe... I remember being there and hearing him say... mind the window pains tino.
Yeah, but Tino is such a dick head on the field he deserves to hear that shit. The man gets slapped all over the park, but still steps into the batsman's face talking mess with his high pitched voice.

Good on yuh, Freddie... but those guys got to get into their faces when we play them.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 09:56:36 PM »
Yeah, but Tino is such a dick head on the field he deserves to hear that shit. The man gets slapped all over the park, but still steps into the batsman's face talking mess with his high pitched voice.

Good on yuh, Freddie... but those guys got to get into their faces when we play them.
dred i know Tino pusonaly and ah must say...yuh eh wrong.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 03:48:55 PM »
Ah ein't go say it but ,sometimes them ppl arrogance is really get to me ,ah hope we ram it down them
troat ,all of a sudden them so big and bad eh .

Doh study it. as the saying goes, every dog must have its day. After decades of steady licks, England has finally began to beat us in cricket. Let dem enjoy it...Windies will rise again!

1]; } ?>