April 25, 2024, 05:38:00 PM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 298993 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Play Stern John in the Midfield!!!!
« Reply #1110 on: April 01, 2009, 11:30:31 PM »
What game were you watching?

In the 12 minutes Scottie play he was more productive than Stern.

Dem Americans musse throw beer in your eye because you talking level shit.  

Second to Birchall Stern was easily the most industrious player we had out there tonight.  Carlos was more productive and Ince save we from further embarrassment... but Stern was tracking back and defending when necessary and constantly playing deep in midfield realizing he had tuh come back to pick the ball up.  Nuff times he hold ball up while KJ was lost in the wings.  He work ah nice 1-2 with Carlos in the first half and Carlos cross de ball tuh de corner flag with Kenwyne in the middle waiting.

Allyuh man does let allyuh emotion get de better ah allyuh.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: April 01, 2009, 11:41:32 PM »

Second to Birchall Stern was easily the most industrious player we had out there tonight.  Carlos was more productive and Ince save we from further embarrassment... but Stern was tracking back and defending when necessary and constantly playing deep in midfield realizing he had tuh come back to pick the ball up.  Nuff times he hold ball up while KJ was lost in the wings.  He work ah nice 1-2 with Carlos in the first half and Carlos cross de ball tuh de corner flag with Kenwyne in the middle waiting.

Bakes you and all in that shyte. Is the game going pass Stern and coming back and meet he in the same positon. Tracking back. He make 1 tackle and the play was coming from a set piece defending. How many times did Carlos run pass Stern going and coming. You talking real shyte yuhself. Stick to yuh books.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 01, 2009, 11:43:01 PM »

I guess in the grand scheme of things, 3 plays in 90 minutes eh bad.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #1113 on: April 01, 2009, 11:43:57 PM »
Maturana is C#$%!!!

Why substitute a defender at half time when you are down one goal?  Did we make a mistake on the initial selection?

Why take off Chris Birchall when he was the hardest working man on the field?

Why play Birchall defensive midfield when he has a 40 yard rocket?

Why not substitue Kenwyn Jones when he added nothing for 90 minutes?

Why not bring on Latapy at halftime?

Why not play Stern John in midfield?  Stern John's position is no longer an offensive player (he played well tonight) but he needs to do like Dwight Yorke and switch to midfield.  He is a good passer of the ball.

Why not put Stern John in the midfield (it should not be hard to find a midfield player to leave home), and add Cornell Glen to the team.

Why is Brent Sancho not on the team?

Why is Colin Samuel not on the team?

Why is that C%#$ still the head coach?

This coach does not have a clue as to what he is doing!

This hah tuh be ah chain up ,nobody cyar be so facking chupid and claim dey know de game,
but den again ,like ah say b4 ,it have nuff dunce on dis forum dat eh have ah facking idea of de game but does talk like dey know bout football ...pure facking arseholes

Name two passes Stern make, or which defender he take on. You want to compare coaching qualifications or what? I fed up with macco mere aman like alyuh who back men and don't care what happen with the team as long as alyuh pardner play.
Stern was useless.
KJ check to recieve a ball, the defense drop off and Stern standing up to see what happen, instead of dropping with the defenders. Talk about dunce, is you. You really want to get into tactics here or what. Bring it yuh know cause is ah pack ah ass you on wit Stern and he shyte.

He only stand up and would not jump or challenge for a ball and coming down on everybody else.

Like ah say this have tuh be ah chain up ,I refuse tuh believe you is such ah f ocking idiot,but den again I've been wrong before .The first ball Stern got, he chest traped in de middle of the pitch and hit Carlos on the run down the right side ,excellent touch .Go and watch de game and you would see many more passes to players who din have ah clue what to do .Now dais why ah cyar believe you serious and dis have tuh be a chain up .
As for coaching credentials, yuh now showing meh yuh even ah bigger asswipe dan ah tort .Is not you say in ah earlier thread yuh have tuh go and coach yuh daughter s game. :rotfl: Wham yuh looking for coaching practice or dais the limit of yuh knowledge de game.
Now when yuh say 'name two passes' dat kinda ah convince meh this might not be ah chain after all ,and yuh is really ah f ocking wanna be coach dat eh have a clue .'Name two passes'  ??? me eh know passes have name but here goes .. ,Wendy and Elana . Yuh eh see yuh is ah f ocking kakahole ,name 2 passes ..go and watch de game ah yuh wud see bout 20 but as far as I know they eh have no name .Now if you cud say that #14 was not one of our best players tonight ,if not the best, yuh eh know one  f ocking ting bout coaching farless football and ah feel sorry for de short change yuh giving yuh daughter and de team yuh fooling by calling yuhself ah coach .Doh take my word for it go and read the rest ah post and yuh wud see that is only ah few c onts like yuhself found #14 did not play well .

You name one pass in 90 freaking minutes. Boy look leh me leave you and yuh fantasies yes.

If you only see 'one pass in 90 freaking minutes' dais not my fault,leh meh give yuh some advice ,doh be su cking man dick when yuh shud be watching wha going on pitch ,becuz yuh will only come here and make yuh self ah biger arsehole than we tort .
ah still say dis hah tuh be ah chain up ,nobody cyar be so gullible, den again ....
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: April 01, 2009, 11:46:40 PM »
I feel alyuh right...I eh know the game.

The college coaches and State/Region coaches who texting me now laughing eh know nothing either.

I have to watch this game again cause I guess I was in the wrong venue.

Jokers

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 01, 2009, 11:55:38 PM »
Maturana is C#$%!!!

Why substitute a defender at half time when you are down one goal?  Did we make a mistake on the initial selection?

Why not play Stern John in midfield?  Stern John's position is no longer an offensive player (he played well tonight) but he needs to do like Dwight Yorke and switch to midfield.  He is a good passer of the ball.

Why not put Stern John in the midfield (it should not be hard to find a midfield player to leave home), and add Cornell Glen to the team.

This hah tuh be ah chain up ,nobody cyar be so facking chupid and claim dey know de game,
but den again ,like ah say b4 ,it have nuff dunce on dis forum dat eh have ah facking idea of de game but does talk like dey know bout football ...pure facking arseholes

Name two passes Stern make, or which defender he take on. You want to compare coaching qualifications or what? I fed up with macco mere aman like alyuh who back men and don't care what happen with the team as long as alyuh pardner play.
Stern was useless.
KJ check to recieve a ball, the defense drop off and Stern standing up to see what happen, instead of dropping with the defenders. Talk about dunce, is you. You really want to get into tactics here or what. Bring it yuh know cause is ah pack ah ass you on wit Stern and he shyte.

He only stand up and would not jump or challenge for a ball and coming down on everybody else.

Like ah say this have tuh be ah chain up ,I refuse tuh believe you is such ah f ocking idiot,but den again I've been wrong before .The first ball Stern got, he chest traped in de middle of the pitch and hit Carlos on the run down the right side ,excellent touch .Go and watch de game and you would see many more passes to players who din have ah clue what to do .Now dais why ah cyar believe you serious and dis have tuh be a chain up .
As for coaching credentials, yuh now showing meh yuh even ah bigger asswipe dan ah tort .Is not you say in ah earlier thread yuh have tuh go and coach yuh daughter s game. :rotfl: Wham yuh looking for coaching practice or dais the limit of yuh knowledge de game.
Now when yuh say 'name two passes' dat kinda ah convince meh this might not be ah chain after all ,and yuh is really ah f ocking wanna be coach dat eh have a clue .'Name two passes'  ??? me eh know passes have name but here goes .. ,Wendy and Elana . Yuh eh see yuh is ah f ocking kakahole ,name 2 passes ..go and watch de game ah yuh wud see bout 20 but as far as I know they eh have no name .Now if you cud say that #14 was not one of our best players tonight ,if not the best, yuh eh know one  f ocking ting bout coaching farless football and ah feel sorry for de short change yuh giving yuh daughter and de team yuh fooling by calling yuhself ah coach .Doh take my word for it go and read the rest ah post and yuh wud see that is only ah few c onts like yuhself found #14 did not play well .

I totally agree with you Berris! Great to see someone else on these forums sticking up for Stern John, and who actually knows about football and can look beyond the few misses the man made.(which even Trezuguet might have missed, everyone knows most strikers need a good few opportunities to actually score,how many did Stern John get, 2 half chances? Even though Jozy Altidore missed a completely open goal, he still scored a hattrick, and thats because he got numerous chances and balls, damn ungrateful unpatriotic Trinbagonians, I fed up of allyuh)

Anyone who knows about football and who aren't blatantly biased and seeking a scapegoat(idiotically so, cause the man is one of us and loves his country), could see that Stern for the past few game has played well, and had certain crucial qualities to his game many of our players are lacking right now.

The fact is that the few times Stern got the ball, he used it better than most on the team.(in fact, he actually could control it and keep it under pressure, which most of our players couldn't do, save Carlos) Stern is a patriot, the man looks visibly hurt when the team doesn't do well, we damn blasted Trinbagonians should at least return a little love and support and appreciation to the man, instead of derision from our unpatriotic and unappreciating selves. (which is a cause of plenty of this country's problems, but I'm not even going to go there!)

Don't talk about Stern John, talk about all them other guys on the team who were just losing the ball like it had butter on it, and couldn't make a simple pass without giving the ball to the blasted Americans.

I heard some greasy idiot on CNMG at Crobar talk about he should have gotten a baseball bat in the b-mobile prize bag to use it on Stern John, I wanted a baseball bat too, to buss he damn head.(idiotic, unpatriotic, ungrateful ignorant). After everyone go to de HCS stadium and sit down damn quiet and subdued like dey constipated, they have de damn nerve to deride and demotivate the team further! The damn nerve of us Trinidadians!!!!!!!!!

I know plenty of you would disagree with me about this, but I don't care. BIG UP TO STERN JOHN, STAY STRONG MAN, DON'T TAKE ON THESE UNGRATEFUL TRINIDADIANS, NOT ALL OF US LIKE THAT!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:00:29 AM by Peter »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #1116 on: April 01, 2009, 11:58:41 PM »

The college coaches and State/Region coaches who texting me now laughing eh know nothing either.

Jokers

Doh worry it take ah big man tuh admit he' ah c0nt  was wrong .

What dey know  ??? you gehing like dem is de expert on football ,de mere fact that dey know you show their standard and level of coaching is college students .I'm sure not one ah dem ever coach beyond college but they impress you ? Gyul gone lick de college coaches arseholes and geh we ah facking chance nah and while yuh licking ask dem who was de best player on de pitch fro TnT and hear wha dey say .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 02, 2009, 12:01:34 AM »

Jokers

Doh worry it take ah big man tuh admit he' ah c0nt  was wrong .

What dey know  ??? you gehing like dem is de expert on football ,de mere fact that dey know you show their standard and level of coaching is college students .I'm sure not one ah dem ever coach beyond college but they impress you ? Gyul gone lick de college coaches arseholes and geh we ah facking chance nah and while yuh licking ask dem who was de best player on de pitch fro TnT and hear wha dey say .

LOL! Berris, you is rel kicks man. In my little time on this forum I realize that lol.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 02, 2009, 12:34:07 AM »
Maturana is C#$%!!!

Stern was useless.

I totally agree with you Berris! Great to see someone else on these forums sticking up for Stern John, and who actually knows about football and can look beyond the few misses the man made.(which even Trezuguet might have missed, everyone knows most strikers need a good few opportunities to actually score,how many did Stern John get, 2 half chances? Even though Jozy Altidore missed a completely open goal, he still scored a hattrick, and thats because he got numerous chances and balls, damn ungrateful unpatriotic Trinbagonians, I fed up of allyuh)

Anyone who knows about football and who aren't blatantly biased and seeking a scapegoat(idiotically so, cause the man is one of us and loves his country), could see that Stern for the past few game has played well, and had certain crucial qualities to his game many of our players are lacking right now.

The fact is that the few times Stern got the ball, he used it better than most on the team.(in fact, he actually could control it and keep it under pressure, which most of our players couldn't do, save Carlos) Stern is a patriot, the man looks visibly hurt when the team doesn't do well, we damn blasted Trinbagonians should at least return a little love and support and appreciation to the man, instead of derision from our unpatriotic and unappreciating selves. (which is a cause of plenty of this country's problems, but I'm not even going to go there!)

Don't talk about Stern John, talk about all them other guys on the team who were just losing the ball like it had butter on it, and couldn't make a simple pass without giving the ball to the blasted Americans.

I heard some greasy idiot on CNMG at Crobar talk about he should have gotten a baseball bat in the b-mobile prize bag to use it on Stern John, I wanted a baseball bat too, to buss he damn head.(idiotic, unpatriotic, ungrateful ignorant). After everyone go to de HCS stadium and sit down damn quiet and subdued like dey constipated, they have de damn nerve to deride and demotivate the team further! The damn nerve of us Trinidadians!!!!!!!!!

I know plenty of you would disagree with me about this, but I don't care. BIG UP TO STERN JOHN, STAY STRONG MAN, DON'T TAKE ON THESE UNGRATEFUL TRINIDADIANS, NOT ALL OF US LIKE THAT!

:applause: :applause: Well said Peter very well said .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: April 02, 2009, 01:33:48 AM »
Thanks man Berris :) :beermug:

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: STERN JOHN APPRECIATION TREND!!!
« Reply #1120 on: April 02, 2009, 06:40:15 AM »
Remedy hook we up with a cartoon of mats with corbeauxs circling nah man lol
lol.

Ah feel it should look more like dis:

Offline Sulty

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 02, 2009, 12:28:49 PM »
"Stern gave it his all in dis game... nobody better not come talk no shit about de man tonight."

If you call giving up on the ball everytime he lost it, and whining for a foul instead of playing to the whistle, then yes he definately gave it his all! 

Haul yuh mudda c0nt from here .Go on back on facebook and kiss de rest ah dunces arseholes ...yuh facking dunce

Get Vex all yuh want!  I'm still right! Stern is a legend and deserves nuff respect, but not tonight. Just my opinion.
See you on FaceBook...

Haul yuh mudda c0nt ah say ... go and crawl back into de facebook hole yuh now crawl out of ...yuh facking dunce.

Berris + Bake N Shark... I stand corrected!  After watching the game again and focussing more on Stern than the play of the entire team, I did not give Stern the credit he deserved.  He definately worked much harder than I first assessed and was definately one of the top 3 TNT players on the field.(I thought Carlos and Birchall were the other 2).
I stand by my comment that he gave up on a couple of plays, hoping he was going to get a foul call, if he had played to the whistle he may have gotten a well deserved goal in the 1st half. He definately deserved much more credit than I or some others gave him.  I apologize for letting my frustration/dissappointment of the entire teams performance cloud my judgement of Stern's individual effort. 

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 02, 2009, 12:38:28 PM »
"Stern gave it his all in dis game... nobody better not come talk no shit about de man tonight."

If you call giving up on the ball everytime he lost it, and whining for a foul instead of playing to the whistle, then yes he definately gave it his all! 

Haul yuh mudda c0nt from here .Go on back on facebook and kiss de rest ah dunces arseholes ...yuh facking dunce

Get Vex all yuh want!  I'm still right! Stern is a legend and deserves nuff respect, but not tonight. Just my opinion.
See you on FaceBook...

Haul yuh mudda c0nt ah say ... go and crawl back into de facebook hole yuh now crawl out of ...yuh facking dunce.

Berris + Bake N Shark... I stand corrected!  After watching the game again and focussing more on Stern than the play of the entire team, I did not give Stern the credit he deserved.  He definately worked much harder than I first assessed and was definately one of the top 3 TNT players on the field.(I thought Carlos and Birchall were the other 2).
I stand by my comment that he gave up on a couple of plays, hoping he was going to get a foul call, if he had played to the whistle he may have gotten a well deserved goal in the 1st half. He definately deserved much more credit than I or some others gave him.  I apologize for letting my frustration/dissappointment of the entire teams performance cloud my judgement of Stern's individual effort. 

Sulty, it takes a big man(if you are the other sex I apologize, lol) to admit his errors after being rebuked so harshly(can't really blame them for defending Stern like that, cause he gets so much disgusting unjust criticism and is absolutely unappreciated, makes me sick of T&T) I maintain Berris is rel kicks, I rel appreciate how he and Bake n Shark stands up for the injustices against Stern John(who is a True Trini Patriot), but are they a little to harsh sometimes(?) Still funny and effective though, lol.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John
« Reply #1123 on: April 02, 2009, 12:45:59 PM »
Stern John was a legend and is still a legend.  

The man is get pong all de time from his own, and he's come back time and time again and always put country before club.  

f**k all de haters

Yuh might not like him but yuh hadda repeck him.

Legend

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 02, 2009, 12:48:49 PM »
When last stern john scored a goal period? the man clock ticking like he in menopause  ;D

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: April 02, 2009, 12:52:34 PM »
I does pong stern plenty on this site but he does work hard at trying to get the job done but most of my critism comes from when he makes promises and he doh deliver,such is life he's only human but he has proven he's a top class striker when his game is on there's nobody better......  

truetrini

« Reply #1126 on: April 02, 2009, 01:39:31 PM »
Allyuh watch this space,

I remember 4 years ago around this time we get a proper cutarse in Guatemala City.... men was wasting down the 14

History has a way of repeating itself....

There is also a saying.."Lightening doh stike the same place twice!"

truetrini

« Reply #1127 on: April 02, 2009, 01:40:08 PM »
Stern John  BEST T&T PLAYER LAST NIGHT!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 02, 2009, 01:52:27 PM »
I wonder if men see Altidore over the bar from 6 yards out.  :rotfl:
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

truetrini

« Reply #1129 on: April 02, 2009, 01:57:11 PM »
Altidore raped both Aklie and Wolfe last night, call de fcoking DPP...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 02, 2009, 01:57:15 PM »
And he jogging around tired in the 2nd half.  Somebody get a wheelchair for him, he old

was our best forward today. 100% better hold up play and distribution than KJ, who looked really out of sorts. thought Stern played well, but missed one golden opportunity when he mistrapped Carlos' cross at the far post after a superb run by the wide man. otherwise, i doh see how anyone can fault him tonight. the team didn't have 3 sitters all game  ???

Filho, i dont know what game you watched. Stern did nothing all match long.

Rewatch the game if you can. He played well imo...Did you notice the absolute difference in touch between him and KJ? Perfect technique and good distribution...including some good passes to free up Carlos and Keon (once). Worked hard to track back to win the ball or provide an outlet pass for a midfield that was largely devoid of ideas (except Carlos). I already mentioned his one glaring error of Carlos' cross...but you may be confusing Stern with KJ. He couldn't get a thing right. Poor fella. I have no desire to waste him down when he clearly lacking form and confidence. Just compare Carlos last night and Carlos a year ago..and you realize that sometimes you bess players could look unrecognizable when the chips down. Really hoping for him to get his game together, but there was a wide gulf in class between the two. Look sulty went back and watch the game again and had to rectract his statements. Anyone who say Stern played poorly or did nothing either confused him with KJ at times, or really lacks any idea of what good forward play is outside of scoring goals.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 02, 2009, 02:21:12 PM »
Allyuh watch this space,

I remember 4 years ago around this time we get a proper cutarse in Guatemala City.... men was wasting down the 14

History has a way of repeating itself....

There is also a saying.."Lightening doh stike the same place twice!"

What goes around comes around  ;D
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 02, 2009, 02:25:07 PM »
Stern had a good game.... he fought hard. Ease up on him nah!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 02, 2009, 02:39:18 PM »

No scenes...  :beermug:

Doh study Berris... yuh cyah say nutten bad about Stern on dis board when Berris arung  :rotfl:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 02, 2009, 08:03:33 PM »

No scenes...  :beermug:

Doh study Berris... yuh cyah say nutten bad about Stern on dis board when Berris arung  :rotfl:

Respek Sulty , yuh is ah big man, as Bakes say is 'no scenes'.. ..buh doh study Bakes he just like tuh cuss ppl fuh nuttin  ;D :beermug:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 03, 2009, 02:28:30 AM »
Certain man have to do like Sulty and watch de game again because is obvious that any player who toots down de place was incorrectly called Stern, men mixing up KJ,Keon,A.Edwards fuh Stern....Lucky thing Carlos had a good game else they woulda think he was Stern....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 03, 2009, 10:01:05 AM »
And he jogging around tired in the 2nd half.  Somebody get a wheelchair for him, he old

was our best forward today. 100% better hold up play and distribution than KJ, who looked really out of sorts. thought Stern played well, but missed one golden opportunity when he mistrapped Carlos' cross at the far post after a superb run by the wide man. otherwise, i doh see how anyone can fault him tonight. the team didn't have 3 sitters all game  ???

Filho, i dont know what game you watched. Stern did nothing all match long.

Rewatch the game if you can. He played well imo...Did you notice the absolute difference in touch between him and KJ? Perfect technique and good distribution...including some good passes to free up Carlos and Keon (once). Worked hard to track back to win the ball or provide an outlet pass for a midfield that was largely devoid of ideas (except Carlos). I already mentioned his one glaring error of Carlos' cross...but you may be confusing Stern with KJ. He couldn't get a thing right. Poor fella. I have no desire to waste him down when he clearly lacking form and confidence. Just compare Carlos last night and Carlos a year ago..and you realize that sometimes you bess players could look unrecognizable when the chips down. Really hoping for him to get his game together, but there was a wide gulf in class between the two. Look sulty went back and watch the game again and had to rectract his statements. Anyone who say Stern played poorly or did nothing either confused him with KJ at times, or really lacks any idea of what good forward play is outside of scoring goals.

Filho, im not arguing his touch. Hes got talent so his touch will be there. His work rate was poor poor poor! Yes, he tracked back into the midfield at times (usually only in the first half), but he didnt do any pressing whilst there! How many times did he dispossess a US player or make a good run for a pass? The entire second half he was fighting his teammates down as always, walking around the pitch. Offensively, he had a couple of half chances that he did nothing with. KJ was poor, too. But, this is a Stern thread and both had a poor game. Its one thing to say he tracked back now and then in the first half but it didnt result in much. It was more like he was placed in the midfield by a coach, and he did his let me stroll around like a fat f**k routine. Agree re Carlos.
Hart for president

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 03, 2009, 10:35:19 AM »
I am a big stern John fan.....but like is a style now to hate on the man, all kinda man on d street have ah opinion....half of them cah name nobody on d side beisdes birchall yorke an latas. when he start back scoring i wanna see wa ppl go say.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 03, 2009, 10:48:24 AM »
Stern did alright, he was no hard worker. yes his touch is good, but how often did he find himself in a position to recieve a ball.

What get me real mad with Stern is right from the get go the man start wasting down Akile. I mean not even 5 minutes gone and he yelling and gesticulating at the fella. I eh no Akile fan, but give the man a chance to settle nah.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 03, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »
Filho...you wasting yuh time with them fellas??>..
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>