April 29, 2024, 12:09:41 AM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 299837 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern seeks permanent deal
« Reply #1320 on: January 28, 2010, 06:35:07 PM »
Dang!!!!!   This man like he have no home.   :'(
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: January 28, 2010, 08:30:25 PM »
keep pushin stern! Jah Bless!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: January 28, 2010, 08:33:32 PM »
Dang!!!!!   This man like he have no home.   :'(
Journey man.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline GODFATHER

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: January 28, 2010, 08:37:30 PM »
Look for Stern in the T&T PFL next season. Don't think he'll get another contract in England nor the USA.

Stern John and Marvin Andrews will be the two big star names in the PFL next season. Might do the league some good to have these experienced players play alongside the local playeres 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: January 28, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »
Look for Stern in the T&T PFL next season. Don't think he'll get another contract in England nor the USA.

Stern John and Marvin Andrews will be the two big star names in the PFL next season. Might do the league some good to have these experienced players play alongside the local playeres 
nah! yuh lie!! stern would play in england and the MLS before playing in that poor broke league! it have many league one and league two teams who will jump @ the opportunity tuh sign stern. you probably talking bout avery, sancho and scotty.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern's last stand?
« Reply #1325 on: January 29, 2010, 06:19:27 AM »
Stern's last stand?
By Carl Marston (Green'Un24)

ROY Keane has insisted that no official decision has been made on Stern John's future, although it seems likely that the 33-year-old is on his way back to Crystal Palace this weekend.

Reports yesterday suggested that Keane will not be extending John's loan stay from Selhurst Park for the rest of the season.

The Town boss did not confirm this, but it appears as though the Trinidad & Tobago international will be back in south London after tomorrow's game at Preston.

“I have not really spoken to Stern since the game the other night,”insisted Keane.

“We have not officially made any decision. He's due to have his last official game for us tomorrow, will train with us today and will be in the squad.

“But things can change. If one or two of other strikers were to leave then he'd definitely be staying.”

Town wait on Stern call
itfc.co.uk

Town will make a decision on whether to extend the stay of Stern John at Portman Road after the weekend.

The Trinidad and Tobago international comes to the end of his second month on loan at the Club from Crystal Palace after Saturday's game at Preston. Blues can extend the loan for a third month - but the player would then have to return to Selhurst Park at the completion of it - or take him on loan in a window to window deal until the end of the season.

"It's Stern's last game with us tomorrow as part of his loan and we will make an official decision after that," says Town boss Roy Keane.

"He will be in the squad for the Preston game and we will see what develops from there."

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:39:51 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Door still ajar for John
« Reply #1326 on: January 30, 2010, 07:31:33 AM »
Door still ajar for John
By Carl Marston (Green'Un24)

ROY Keane has left the door half-open, in terms of Stern John's future at Ipswich Town, but it seems likely that the loanee front-man is on his way back to Crystal Palace.

During yesterday's pre-match press conference, Keane insisted that no official decision had yet been made on John's future.

The EADT revealed yesterday that Keane was proposing not to extend John's loan stay from Selhurst Park for the rest of the season. That was echoed by reports in the south London press.

Keane did not confirm this, but nor did he imply that the front-runner would be staying at Portman Road. It therefore appears as though the Trinidad & Tobago international will be returning to the cash-strapped Eagles, who are currently in the hands of the administrators, after today's game at Preston.

"I have not really spoken to Stern (John) since the game the other night," insisted Keane.

"We have not officially made any decision. He is officially due to have his last game for us at Preston, he'll train with us today and will be in the squad.

"Things can change. If one or two of our other strikers were to leave then he'd certainly be staying.

"I'll be sleeping on it over the next 24 hours, and will let you know tomorrow night what we've decided to do," added Keane.

Despite lacking in match fitness, the much-travelled John has made eight appearances for Town, and has not finished on the losing side.

He was not eligible to play against his parent club in Town's 3-1 defeat at Palace on Boxing Day.

John scored his first goal for Town, and in fact his first goal for 13 months, in the exciting 3-2 victory over Coventry City a fortnight ago, but was substituted before the hour-mark at Southampton last weekend, and was an unused substitute against West Brom on Tuesday night.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Bravooo...whey u dey?
« Reply #1327 on: February 09, 2010, 08:09:17 AM »
So Keane by Murphy and he score so I guessing Stern loan done. What is the latest with our all time top goal scorer and arguably the greatest striker Trinidad ever produced (when at his peak)?

He unemployed or he riding pine at...(where he was again? Bristol City?)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ipswich Town extend Stern John loan from Crystal Palace
« Reply #1328 on: February 09, 2010, 09:14:41 AM »
Loan spell expired, went back to Crytal Palance and was an unused sub in last Saturday's Chrystal Palace 2-1 win over Sc**thorpe.

Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 09, 2010, 02:35:47 PM »
Loan spell expired, went back to Crytal Palance and was an unused sub in last Saturday's Chrystal Palace 2-1 win over Sc**thorpe.

So are you saying that our top ever goal scorer is Palancing at Crystal Palace rather than being employed on the field to do his job? 8)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 02:39:34 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: February 09, 2010, 07:07:37 PM »
Looks like no Carnival fuh No.14 this year

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Derby 1-1 Crystal Palace: Stern John swoops late on to steal precious point
« Reply #1331 on: April 17, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »
Derby 1-1 Crystal Palace: Stern John swoops late on to steal precious point
By Oliver Pickup (mirrorfootball.co.uk)

Stern John came off the bench at Pride Park to score four minutes from the end and earn Crystal Palace what could prove to be a vital point as they continue to feel the chill from a winter of discontent.

The Trinidad and Tobago striker wasn’t started by manager Paul Hart, who sent young Sean Scannell to forage up front alone, initially in an ineffective 4-2-3-1 formation.

But the 33-year-old was put on at the break and crashed a superb effort against the crossbar minutes before firing a rasping shot into the bottom left-hand corner to level the game.

Palace had gone a goal down to Derby centre-back Russell Anderson’s header after only six minutes. The Scottish international, who joined from Burnley in the summer, rose to meet captain Robbie Savage’s free-kick and managed to bundle the ball home to register his first goal for the Rams.

But the home side failed to take advantage of the Eagles’ poor first-half performance and allowed them to get back into the match.

“It was a game of two halves,” said former Portsmouth boss Hart.

“We were disappointed not to win, we had to regroup very quickly at half-time. I was not surprised when Stern scored, he is an experienced striker, but I have no regrets about not starting him.”

Palace, in administration, with 10 points deducted, forced to sell star Victor Moses and left by manager Neil Warnock last month – whose QPR side beat them last week – sit one place above the drop zone with two games remaining.

And Hart, who has notched up only 13 points from a possible 36 since taking charge, admitted that his men will be watching today’s Sheffield derby in the hope that Wednesday – two points behind Palace with a game in hand – slip up.

“I will be listening or watching in a darkened room,” he added.

Derby manager Nigel Clough, whose club have all but confirmed their Championship status for next year, was annoyed that his team failed to score a second.

“We probably warranted more than the one goal after a great first half,” he said.“And I was disappointed that in the second half we did not put our foot on the ball.”
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:44:34 PM by Flex »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg

''I was not surprised when Stern scored, he is an experienced striker ,but I have no regrets about not starting him.”

Crystal Palace manager Paul Hart told BBC London 94.9:

"The performance in the second probably deserved a win.

"If we can get the right service to him(Stern John), he can cause problems and he could have had a hat trick today."

Is de same old story, #14 buss de net and saving some team again ,is eedah he helping promote ah team or he saving dey ass from going down ..Just keep doing wha yuh doing boss ....  Legend.  :applause: :applause: :applause:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 10:29:23 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This was Stern's 100th goal in English football. :applause:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
great milestone
the man....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Nuff respect Stern-turn-inho. A legend no matter what some revisionists will try to say.

Nuff people on this same site felt tremendous joy for several years in the past as they rode on your back while you delivered time and time again. Yet some spit you out like hork when you went through rough times and drought. I hope you do understand that daiz de risk of being a football hero.  :'(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Well done Sir John..

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
This was Stern's 100th goal in English football. :applause:

For real? :beermug:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nice finish, showed some excellent skill before that ending up w/him rocking the crossbar, great career Stern
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Agreed. Been a while since I've seen Stern so active lively!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is a chest spin and volley I seein dey?
He look like Stern from the '06 campaign.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
big respect brethren and congrats on d milestone! a true legend indeed!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is a chest spin and volley I seein dey?
He look like Stern from the '06 campaign.

Stern turn 2.0

Disgruntled go cuss
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 07:57:43 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Two men get cap when he hit the bar lawd fatha ......... if that had score jeez lol

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
congrats on de 100 goals, raise yuh bat... big player!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

''I was not surprised when Stern scored, he is an experienced striker ,but I have no regrets about not starting him.”

Crystal Palace manager Paul Hart told BBC London 94.9:

"The performance in the second probably deserved a win.

"If we can get the right service to him(Stern John), he can cause problems and he could have had a hat trick today."

Is de same old story, #14 buss de net and saving some team again ,is eedah he helping promote ah team or he saving dey ass from going down ..Just keep doing wha yuh doing boss ....  Legend.  :applause: :applause: :applause:

U still alive?

If yuh appearances on dis board consistent wit Stern scorin rate dese days (and dey seem to be) ah guess we might nex see yuh sometime rong Easter nex year... :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
wicked wicked pics.
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>