April 25, 2024, 09:38:01 AM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 298837 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John eyes return to Warriors by 2011 Gold Cup
« Reply #1410 on: November 13, 2010, 12:14:48 PM »
Nothing wrong with having a veteran striker in the squad, once they could still perform and don't demand an automatic start.

Obviously a man with some sense allyuh remember when latas throw out a green team against Costa Rica and we ketch 4 ?

Costa Rica was still  in contention and we had nothing to play for .. we are rebuilding now  time to move on ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1411 on: November 13, 2010, 12:51:40 PM »
De man eh say he expect to start or play every game. He say he want to help de transition. Allyuh acting like we good up front or we done make some kinda progress.

Exactly !

a warning allyuh, disgruntled will come out of the woodwork if stern returns  :D

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: November 13, 2010, 02:16:40 PM »
Allyuh forget Roger Milla from Cameroon,de man was closing in on 50. ???

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: November 13, 2010, 02:22:31 PM »
i'd like to see john come back. i think john has a little something left to contribute. hopefully when he recovers he could play in some friendlies. then we'll see if he's worthy on coming back. i give him one more chance. look at mexico they still using blanco, and de man could still play despite his age. 
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: November 13, 2010, 02:26:16 PM »
like he looking for ah MLS wuk so he looking to showcase for some american club scouts

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1415 on: November 13, 2010, 02:26:29 PM »

miller actually score goals in the world cup

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: November 13, 2010, 02:27:28 PM »
wait nah, man debating dis an' throwin in he stats, when in fact he's had a very lean 2.5 years, we have to live in d now, man callin for Latas head in dis general football guava season we sufferin, an we want to bring ah man who suffered and get injured in d face of he own personal guava season ???............... if he get ah club an bringin with him noticeable form, cool, but d national team is no place to be helpin man ketch form, we try dat in 2009 aready....it didn' work...................alyuh self say football is ah results business, it cyar have room for sentiment diss rounds, not if we really want to be serious bout national football.
I pity the fool....

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: November 13, 2010, 03:10:24 PM »

miller actually score goals in the world cup

Yeah..but is Miller in the top 10 of the world's all-time goalscorers?

Stern if yuh fit and scoring or could handle an attacking midfield role then welcome back.  :beermug:

edit: Ah just check de list of all-time goalscorers and Stern is actually at No. 5...two places under Pele and seven places above Carlos Pavon. Yes de same Pavon who at 36 buss 3 goals on us in World Cup qualifiers last yr.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 03:31:59 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1418 on: November 13, 2010, 03:40:08 PM »
Any player of quality who is fit enough to play international football should not be discarded by a country of such a small talent pool.  That said it will be a tremendous task for a player of his age to recover. I wish Stern all the best.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: November 13, 2010, 04:16:14 PM »
There have been many older players that have successfully made come-backs,who knows how John will fit in...give im a try an see wah happen.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: November 13, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
Stern just want to be there like Kitch was to hand over the will personally. Who he handing it over too??? Devon Jorsling of course. Dis is not no Freddy Adu ting, im not just hypin de yute but look at de numbers... they are steadily growing. Kerry Baptiste was as prolific and more but in the PFL. Dis man is doing it at de international level a la Stern John. So come in Stern, play a game or two with mini you and then gracefully retire. Shouldn't it be on the field of play, in front de fans, dat a big legend like Stern john retires anyway?

I wonder and ponder, what if Jorsling still had Carter partnering him up front, how de two of dem woulda look? Kenwayne have to come good yes.

Allyuh keep tings in perspective nah. Make no mistake, Jorsling has done well wit what he has been given. But he eh no yute, he go be 27 next month. And until he starts scoring regularly against non-Caribbean opposition, he should not be compared with Stern, let him do his own ting. As ah said in another thread, by de age of 27 (Jorsling's age), Stern had scored about 45 goals in 59 games, including three hat-tricks (one against Colombia). Doh get tie up.

How yuh mean yuh wondering about Carter and Jorsling? Dem already play about 10 matches together.

Let's take it a game at ah time.

And Jorsling ain't even half the player Stern was...If he was 20 yeah....But he have a 1/4 of the experience. 

OK.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: November 13, 2010, 04:35:52 PM »
Any player of quality who is fit enough to play international football should not be discarded by a country of such a small talent pool.  That said it will be a tremendous task for a player of his age to recover. I wish Stern all the best.
:beermug:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: November 13, 2010, 05:29:46 PM »
ah eh lying...some of allyuh here mad yes

Stern...you organize yuhself...play de fitball...and we go take it from there
good luck with the recovery
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 13, 2010, 06:38:28 PM »

Ditto
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 13, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »
When he get fit, he needs to join a team and demonstrate his fitness.  Otherwise, it is time to turn the page.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: November 14, 2010, 06:05:34 AM »
When he get fit, he needs to join a team and demonstrate his fitness.  Otherwise, it is time to turn the page.
I pity the fool....

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 14, 2010, 06:12:39 AM »
Funny thing about Stern is whenever somebody count him out he does bring the noise lol
Mexico game all ah we wanted him dead and gone .. he hold on  to Mexico  watap watap and run to the crowd bawling ..... season before he dead and buried he score goals for Southamptom to survive just like at Birmingham and Sunderland and last season he break he hand, unfit, all kinda thing ... hold onto Derby County and wok them and help palace survive .... he is not my fav player but woe be onto the man who underestimate Stern f**king John.
I don't think he needs to start but you can't teach that kinda ability to finish and mental toughness in debilitating circumstances.
Big up  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: November 14, 2010, 07:58:04 AM »
Funny thing about Stern is whenever somebody count him out he does bring the noise lol
Mexico game all ah we wanted him dead and gone .. he hold on  to Mexico  watap watap and run to the crowd bawling ..... season before he dead and buried he score goals for Southamptom to survive just like at Birmingham and Sunderland and last season he break he hand, unfit, all kinda thing ... hold onto Derby County and wok them and help palace survive .... he is not my fav player but woe be onto the man who underestimate Stern f**king John.
I don't think he needs to start but you can't teach that kinda ability to finish and mental toughness in debilitating circumstances.

COSIGN !!!!! 

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 14, 2010, 09:59:27 AM »
Good stuff Ngozi. Daiz wisdom and insight for posters to digest.
Respec'.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 14, 2010, 09:15:57 PM »

COSIGN !!!!! 
And how long ago was that again?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 15, 2010, 12:40:08 AM »

COSIGN !!!!! 
And how long ago was that again?
Not that long. That's right up until just before he got injured.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 15, 2010, 01:42:56 PM »
ah eh lying...some of allyuh here mad yes

Stern...you organize yuhself...play de fitball...and we go take it from there
good luck with the recovery
Good...how about Raul and Inzagi are they not scoring in some top leagues. Pace is always a big assest for a striker but striker intelligence also plays a big role.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 15, 2010, 02:39:52 PM »

Good post!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 15, 2010, 03:18:36 PM »

Ditto.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 15, 2010, 03:19:23 PM »

Good post!

Love it.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 15, 2010, 03:53:50 PM »
Good luck to half-slab. See if you cud get some work done on that compass while you're at it.

would love to see the man battle for a spot on the team.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 24, 2010, 07:28:54 AM »
Ah hear Stern John kissing Jack Warner ass to get back on the team because he looking at a coaching job down the road also. But if he can still offer something the others cant, then why not, but do it for the right reasons.

He and the blacklisted crew dont even speak anymore, he dropped out.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:31:22 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 24, 2010, 08:03:56 AM »
Ah hear Stern John kissing Jack Warner ass to get back on the team because he looking at a coaching job down the road also. But if he call still ofer something the others cant, then why not, but do it for the right reasons.

Birchall,Cox and Andrews took money NOBODY ELSE INCLUDING STERN TOOK D PITTANCE THAT WAS OFFERED.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 24, 2010, 08:07:36 AM »
Ah hear Stern John kissing Jack Warner ass to get back on the team because he looking at a coaching job down the road also. But if he call still ofer something the others cant, then why not, but do it for the right reasons.

Birchall,Cox and Andrews took money NOBODY ELSE INCLUDING STERN TOOK D PITTANCE THAT WAS OFFERED.

I hear dat is jes ah rumour
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 24, 2010, 08:13:55 AM »

I hear dat is jes ah rumour

D person who tell me should know so I goin wit what he said.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>