April 20, 2024, 09:11:06 AM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 298029 times)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John eyes return to Warriors by 2011 Gold Cup
« Reply #1440 on: November 24, 2010, 08:17:14 AM »
Funny thing about Stern is whenever somebody count him out he does bring the noise lol
Mexico game all ah we wanted him dead and gone .. he hold on  to Mexico  watap watap and run to the crowd bawling ..... season before he dead and buried he score goals for Southamptom to survive just like at Birmingham and Sunderland and last season he break he hand, unfit, all kinda thing ... hold onto Derby County and wok them and help palace survive .... he is not my fav player but woe be onto the man who underestimate Stern f**king John.
I don't think he needs to start but you can't teach that kinda ability to finish and mental toughness in debilitating circumstances.
Big up  :beermug: :beermug:

Mental toughness? I still remember (and hurting) from what happen in El Salvador... ride out into the sunset Stern John!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 24, 2010, 08:30:23 AM »
Funny thing about Stern is whenever somebody count him out he does bring the noise lol
Mexico game all ah we wanted him dead and gone .. he hold on  to Mexico  watap watap and run to the crowd bawling ..... season before he dead and buried he score goals for Southamptom to survive just like at Birmingham and Sunderland and last season he break he hand, unfit, all kinda thing ... hold onto Derby County and wok them and help palace survive .... he is not my fav player but woe be onto the man who underestimate Stern f**king John.
I don't think he needs to start but you can't teach that kinda ability to finish and mental toughness in debilitating circumstances.

Mental toughness? I still remember (and hurting) from what happen in El Salvador... ride out into the sunset Stern John!

Come nah man. OK, so he miss de penalty. But when he came off in de 77th minute T&T was still leading 2-0. We concede two goals on two free kicks by de same player, one ah dem was in de last minute of injury time, and in all ah dat yuh still want tuh call Stern name?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 24, 2010, 08:36:12 AM »
Ah like this forum too bad,sometimes the best thing to do is just lay back and read,the thing right now is everybody hearing,Sam hear,Weary hear,Sugar hear etc so who on the new blacklist?when the court case settle who shareing the money?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 24, 2010, 08:38:13 AM »

Come nah man. OK, so he miss de penalty. But when he came off in de 77th minute T&T was still leading 2-0. We concede two goals on two free kicks by de same player, one ah dem was in de last minute of injury time, and in all ah dat yuh still want tuh call Stern name?

Why bother with them Tallman?  they are f**king ungrateful

all them who went Germany or came out the waggonist station in time for the Mexico game... they dont know it was his 5 goals that got us to a cup

They forget it was him who score the winner in Bermuda to allow us to move on... the man miss a penalty and we blow a 2-0 lead within the last 5 minutes and its Stern fault .. allyuh real good

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 24, 2010, 08:39:12 AM »

Ok everyone misses penalties but that is not the problem. It is the sense of entitlement he exhibited with regards to taking that spot kick! Yuh forget the story? ... Anyway no way el salvador was coming back from 3-0! We don't need that kind of attitude back in the side, it can be demotivating to the other team players!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 24, 2010, 08:54:06 AM »
Ah like this forum too bad,sometimes the best thing to do is just lay back and read,the thing right now is everybody hearing,Sam hear,Weary hear,Sugar hear etc so who on the new blacklist?when the court case settle who shareing the money?

FYI D TTFF new ploy is dat d 3 fellas mentioned signed an agreement wit dem and is still part of the lawsuit. Dat is not d players fault d TTFF should have informed d court 2 have d players names removed. Dat is not d players responsibility. It is intrested 2 hear what d judge rule on Fri. If they produce d document where dey sign d money could then b shared wit d remaining 13.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 24, 2010, 09:02:40 AM »

Coop's,

If you listened to the interview with Mike Townley a few months back you woulda HEAR that as far as he is concerned 16 players are entitled to whatever settlement is to be had.  So it doh matter who went behind the stadium, in Jack office, or by Camps in de rum shop and collect money, all 16 ah dem "shareing" in de money because he never got official documentation that the players collected money from the TTFF and as such is no longer part of the lawsuit.

Oh yeah and ah also HEAR we going Brazil!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 24, 2010, 09:08:02 AM »
How old is Stern John?
and if he's still scoring goals by all means bring him in but if he's not when den we have a problem , wait who's he playing for currently is he starting and how many goals does he have for the season.I hear ah man mentioned inzagi still scoring goals that's nice oh wait he getting sweat then now that's different.

Come on guys I like stern john like most people on this site but I ent hearing nothing and seeing nothing so until better can't be done let the worse continue.  

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 24, 2010, 09:22:33 AM »

Coop's,

If you listened to the interview with Mike Townley a few months back you woulda HEAR that as far as he is concerned 16 players are entitled to whatever settlement is to be had.  So it doh matter who went behind the stadium, in Jack office, or by Camps in de rum shop and collect money, all 16 ah dem "shareing" in de money because he never got official documentation that the players collected money from the TTFF and as such is no longer part of the lawsuit.

But a brave man go take money from d vampire and then go 2 collect he cheque when they payin out from d lawsuit.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 24, 2010, 09:23:58 AM »

Ok everyone misses penalties but that is not the problem. It is the sense of entitlement he exhibited with regards to taking that spot kick! Yuh forget the story? ... Anyway no way el salvador was coming back from 3-0! We don't need that kind of attitude back in the side, it can be demotivating to the other team players!

Me eh saying dat de circumstances surrounding de taking of de penalty was de right one, but den again it is not uncommon for players tuh raff de ball and take de kick. Look Carlos and Yorke was taking all de free kicks and Keon was getting marginalised. My point is dat Stern should not be de focal point for dropping two points in dat game. Kenwyne miss ah goal too. Ah mean come on, two goals with 10 minutes to go is not good enough? We collectively drop de ball (pun intended) defensively. Why would Mats bring on Glen in de 77th min and we two up? We couldna lock up shop?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 24, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »

Coop's,

But a brave man go take money from d vampire and then go 2 collect he cheque when they payin out from d lawsuit.
     You call that brave! i thought JW was corupt  :devil:.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 09:28:30 AM by Coop's »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 24, 2010, 09:34:31 AM »

Coop's,

You call that brave! i thought JW was corupt  :devil:.

HE CORRUPT YESSSSSS. Dat is y u go b dotish 2 double cross him if d judge rule dat Andrews entile 2 money. Dey so sloppy they never bother 2 have d fellas who settle name remove from d lawsuit. I eagerly await what d judge say bout this matter.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John to MLS.
« Reply #1452 on: January 22, 2011, 12:21:45 PM »
What ever happen to Stern's big comeback??

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 22, 2011, 01:15:39 PM »
Personally I don't think Columbus will sign him. They already gave away their best older players such as Schelotto, Hejuk and other important ones like Brian Carroll and Steven Lenhart. Stern hasn't been with a club for a lil while now and has been havin injury problems. I rel doubt.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 22, 2011, 01:37:23 PM »
Personally I don't think Columbus will sign him. They already gave away their best older players such as Schelotto, Hejuk and other important ones like Brian Carroll and Steven Lenhart. Stern hasn't been with a club for a lil while now and has been havin injury problems. I rel doubt.
Stern for next coach of T&T??

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: January 23, 2011, 01:04:12 PM »
Jack Warner  :devil:

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 23, 2011, 03:50:18 PM »
He get ah job to fix the net an dem he was bussing.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern John Updates please ??
« Reply #1457 on: April 20, 2011, 09:45:47 AM »
any word on Stern ???...

just really checking on the man....and i am almost sure this may turn into he can or cant play for tnt again da da da...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Don't tell me Stern John back in the mix for selection
« Reply #1458 on: June 24, 2011, 02:19:47 PM »
i read in a report on here that stern practicing with the team, what really going on here.

allyuh really want disgruntled to come out of retirement or what  :D

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Don't tell me Stern John back in the mix for selection
« Reply #1459 on: June 24, 2011, 03:19:36 PM »
So we should ban him from practicing with the team  ... eh homie???!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 24, 2011, 03:34:14 PM »
lol.....de man jess training...gettting his fitnesss up...anyhow yuh take it, dats what all we b opys doing, even our euro based players...staying/getting fit! besides that....is stern man!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 24, 2011, 08:29:28 PM »
If The truth be told a fit Stern will be an asset to this T&T side. I will play Stern before Scotland and all the other pretenders.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1462 on: June 25, 2011, 12:04:32 AM »
If The truth be told a fit Stern will be an asset to this T&T side. I will play Stern before Scotland and all the other pretenders.

i would play neither scotland or stern

play roberts and jones  8)

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 25, 2011, 06:51:34 AM »

I do concurr, Stern b4 Scotty any day...i don't think we should rule out a fit Stern, he's what, 32? If i'm right he has a few years left in him.

come to think of it, I cant wait to see pfister's pfisters starting 11 well if we have a team that is...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 25, 2011, 06:55:25 AM »
For rwal, Stern John before Jason Scotland anyday...

And a healthy and inform Stern John will help us greatly.

I hope he signs with North East Stars soon to gain back confidence and fitness.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 25, 2011, 08:13:41 AM »
F#CK YOU
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 25, 2011, 12:06:36 PM »
Honestly a fit and healthy Stern is still better than most of the strikers we have today..its not Stern fault..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 25, 2011, 12:54:16 PM »

I do concurr, Stern b4 Scotty any day...i don't think we should rule out a fit Stern, he's what, 32? If i'm right he has a few years left in him.

come to think of it, I cant wait to see pfister's pfisters starting 11 well if we have a team that is...

stern is 35 this year  .. USA  pushing Juan Agudelo Teal Bunbury etc  now  Donavon London coming of the bench no Marcus Beasley now ...  but we still with the stern john love affair  we in bad shape
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 25, 2011, 01:16:39 PM »

stern is 35 this year  .. USA  pushing Juan Agudelo Teal Bunbury etc  now  Donavon London coming of the bench no Marcus Beasley now ...  but we still with the stern john love affair  we in bad shape

We still with the Stern love affair because we do not have MUCH better than him (even at his age today)..dont be foolish to compare USA selection pool to TnT selection pool..our current local talent cannot even qualify for Gold Cup

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1469 on: June 25, 2011, 01:55:22 PM »

We still with the Stern love affair because we do not have MUCH better than him (even at his age today)..dont be foolish to compare USA selection pool to TnT selection pool..our current local talent cannot even qualify for Gold Cup

why not play roberts and jones, roberts is more than able

1]; } ?>