April 26, 2024, 03:36:32 AM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 299157 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John Condolences Thread...
« Reply #1530 on: September 02, 2011, 10:59:06 AM »
Condolences to Stern and the family.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: September 02, 2011, 11:16:02 AM »
Very sad indeed a true patriot my condolences to stern and his family may your mother rest in peace...

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 02, 2011, 11:21:31 AM »
Stern and family: I don't know you but as a footballer you have endeared us all and made Trinis everywhere proud.  Our hearts and prayers are with you and your family during this time of grief. Blessings brother!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 02, 2011, 11:36:08 AM »
Condolences to you stern , May you find strenght as you put the nation first before self at this very difficult time !

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 02, 2011, 11:47:30 AM »
Condolences to the John family and Stern
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 02, 2011, 11:48:23 AM »
Thoughts and prayers go out to Stern and family :(

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 02, 2011, 11:56:11 AM »
My sincerest condolences to SJ and his family during this time of loss.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 02, 2011, 11:58:37 AM »
Ahhh damnn...Sincerest condolences to Legend 14 and family. The SW.net family extends the prayers to you and yours in your time of grief.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 02, 2011, 02:45:51 PM »
Condolences to yourself and your family.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 02, 2011, 03:04:41 PM »
I would like to offer my condolences to the John family.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: September 02, 2011, 03:36:55 PM »
Stern score one for your Mum. May she rest in peace.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 02, 2011, 06:03:10 PM »
Stern condolences to you and de family.  Stay strong.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 02, 2011, 06:06:22 PM »
Condolences

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: September 02, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »
Cannot be an easy thing... sincere condolences, and prayers for guidance and support.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: September 02, 2011, 06:27:16 PM »
condolences  :( :'(
I pity the fool....

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: September 02, 2011, 07:21:27 PM »
condolences to Stern and his family

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern John’s mom passes away
« Reply #1546 on: September 02, 2011, 07:43:51 PM »
Stern John’s mom passes away
ttproleague.com

One day before kicking off Trinidad and Tobago’s World Cup 2014 Brazil campaign against Bermuda at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Friday 9 September, striker Stern John received devastating news on the death of his mom Janet ‘Jenny’ Burns.

The 72 year old Burns who had been ailing for sometime, passed away at her home in Trincity on Thursday night, while John was in a live-in team camp ahead on Friday’s match.

“When I got the news I was devastated as well,” said DIRECTV North East Stars Director of Football Kevin Jeffrey.

“Stern and I grew up from age 12 to 19 and we used to spend a lot of time together, so obviously the passing of his mom would be tough for me to accept as well although I know she was ailing for sometime now.

“Jenny and I used to talk a lot,” continued Jeffrey a former footballer and also a resident of Trincity. “She used to talk to me a lot about life, as well and things that she experienced… things that benefitted me today.”

Kevin believes that Stern will score against Bermuda, once he is used by T&T head coach Otto Pfister.

“Jenny would want him to play and he would want to score for his mom,” added Jeffrey. “He was always close to his mom and she supported him fully, especially in his football and that’s why he became the player that he is today.”

Stern, a former Coventry City and Birmingham striker joined North East during the pre-season and is expected to be a major pawn in the Sangre Grande club’s aspirations this season.

“We at North East Stars express deepest condolences to stern and his family. And anything that they would need, we would be there for them,” ended Jeffrey.

Two weeks ago the 34 yearold Stern John became the fifth highest all-time international goalscorer behind Iran’s Ali Daei (109), Hungary’s Ferenc Puskas (84), Brazil’s Pele (77), and the pairing of Kuwait’s Bashar Abdullah and Hungary’s Sandor Kocsis (75) after netting his 70th goal in 110 internationals for T&T when he converted from the penalty spot against visiting India in a friendly international.

On behalf of the League Board of Directors, Chairman, CEO, staff, clubs and officials of the TT Pro League, we extend condolences to the Stern John and family and friends of Janet Burns.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ster John yes another stern John thread
« Reply #1547 on: October 13, 2011, 10:40:27 AM »
My concern is dat our football became like our cricket where we keep playing the ole guys dem till dey cya go no more and not gaving di yute dem a bligh. I could see if John scoring rell goal and ting but di man shitting dung himself in frnt of goal. Dat barbados game scoreline should have been 7-0 easy .. Now not because shakes score for Guyana I mentioning his name here. Di yute is young we should have gaven him a try.. Our country and pool of players for we to be making style obn players who willing to represent for us.. Look at Jamal why he not on di squad.. Gave di yute dem a try Stern.. I thank you for what Yu did for our country but is full time yu hang di boots up...
come against Guyan I eh wah see John on dat field I eh even wah see him on di bench.. I still think bout he freeking against El salvador last campaign .. he sour it ..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ster John yes another stern John thread
« Reply #1548 on: October 13, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
My concern is dat our football became like our cricket where we keep playing the ole guys dem till dey cya go no more and not gaving di yute dem a bligh. I could see if John scoring rell goal and ting but di man shitting dung himself in frnt of goal. Dat barbados game scoreline should have been 7-0 easy .. Now not because shakes score for Guyana I mentioning his name here. Di yute is young we should have gaven him a try.. Our country and pool of players for we to be making style obn players who willing to represent for us.. Look at Jamal why he not on di squad.. Gave di yute dem a try Stern.. I thank you for what Yu did for our country but is full time yu hang di boots up...
come against Guyan I eh wah see John on dat field I eh even wah see him on di bench.. I still think bout he freeking against El salvador last campaign .. he sour it ..

war

cant get over that myself

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 13, 2011, 11:34:56 AM »
Did u see what Pfister said about Stern John in his post match interview?

I agree wit u here, i was not impressed with Stern's play, but it has to count for someting that a man of Pfister's experience wants Stern in the side. 

ps: The same way u cant get over El Salvador in 2009, i hope u cant get over Guatemala and Mexico in 2005

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 13, 2011, 11:53:49 AM »

I agree wit u here, i was not impressed with Stern's play, but it has to count for someting that a man of Pfister's experience wants Stern in the side. 

ps: The same way u cant get over El Salvador in 2009, i hope u cant get over Guatemala and Mexico in 2005ah love it!!

Yuh right... I cant get over him cussing us either  :cursing:

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 13, 2011, 12:09:58 PM »

ps: The same way u cant get over El Salvador in 2009, i hope u cant get over Guatemala and Mexico in 2005

ah love it!!

Trust me star I cya get over di Guatemala game .. Me and my bortoher was di two only Trinidadians In the sports bar. Di Bar was completely fill with guatemalans and there ppl.. No Joke thing star i WATCH MI BACK ALL DI WAY TO MY CAR CAUSE MI HEAD WAS NICE AND I CUSS DEM GUATEMALIANS FRM ASIDE AND WAS SERIOUS THUNDER WHEN WE SCORE TWO IN DI DIEING MOMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern John arrested for breaching curfew
« Reply #1552 on: October 16, 2011, 05:19:35 PM »
Stern John arrested for breaching curfew
ctntworld.com

National footballer Stern John is to appear in court on Monday after he was arrested and charged for breaching the 11pm to 4am curfew.

According to reports, John, who is this country's leading goal scorer, was standing on the compound of Motor One Insurance at the corner of Ariapita Avenue and French Street on Saturday night when he was questioned by police officers on patrol.

It was discovered that he was not in possession of a Curfew Permit which would allow him to be outside during the curfew hours. He was then taken to the Woodbrook Police Station where he was charged by Corporal Benjamin of the E-999 unit for breaching the curfew.

John was granted bail and will appear before a Port of Spain Magistrate on Monday.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

Re: Stern John arrested for breaching curfew
« Reply #1553 on: October 16, 2011, 05:42:22 PM »
steups...Big criminal, they never charge him for aborting all dem goals now he get charge for liming???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 16, 2011, 05:48:20 PM »
FROM SOCAWARRIORS ON FB

The National team and staff stands by its captain Stern John following his arrest on Saturday night for allegedly breaking the curfew, John at 10:50pm was spotted by E 999 patrol unit on the corner of Ariapita Avenue and French Street.. At the time John was in the company of a male friend and four others, the male friend shortly before suffered a head injury and was about to be taken to hospital ...by John and company The officers refused to have any of it even though the injured man was taken to hospital by a Police officer who was a friend of the group. The other persons were allowed to drive to the Woodbrook Station BUT John was the only one arrested by Corporal Benjamin and put into the police vehicle. Something does not sound right about that. They were all subsequently charged and released on bail and will appear in court on Monday
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:13:55 PM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 16, 2011, 06:02:32 PM »
take this one for the team stern ,ask not what the country can do for you but what you can do for the country .  these are dark days tnt  going true let them use you as an example .
say something like.... let this be an example ,stay at home kids the polic where just doing there job and a fine job there doing too.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:05:30 PM by Quags »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 16, 2011, 06:04:37 PM »
How de hell yo ugo lock up Stern? What kinda madness is that.   :pissedoff:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 16, 2011, 06:04:55 PM »
Stern need to explain this himself. As much as quite a few here disagree, there is a SOE  in force. Mistakes happens. Why chance it?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 16, 2011, 06:10:17 PM »
Sooo he was just standing there just so, just so??  Ah take he was liming but what everybody he was liming with just gone home and leave he standing there??  Stern eh know what breaking curfew is??  This story eh complete.....

On second thought these days I eh feeling like we have an emergency (not that we ever did but dais for another thread), but now that the thing waning Stern must be forget bout curfew and SOE and thing..... :-\ ???.....this story eh complete....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 16, 2011, 06:13:33 PM »
How de hell yo ugo lock up Stern? What kinda madness is that.   :pissedoff:

Wah kinda question is that  ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>