March 18, 2024, 11:33:41 PM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 294761 times)

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2005, 02:25:25 PM »
Rodney,
Do you know something about Stern's abliity that Beenhakker does not?

Do you?...infact does anyone? I haven't said drop him. I like how on this forum when you crticise a player man does ask if you know better than the coach.  It is just an opinion and mine is that Stern has not justified his inclusion in every game and we have had the oppertunity to see other options but did not take it (i.e the gold cup).So I guess you also think he has deserved his starting place in every game he has played.  We will never know if other players could have done better cause all have had either cameo's or the odd start.

Anyway this is like flogging a dead horse as we know he will start on Wednesday and I aint got ah problem with that at the moment cause he deserves it.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2005, 02:37:26 PM »
"goals by Stern John and Dennis Lawrence in the 34th and 70th minutes, respectively, led the host Trinidad & Tobago (1-2-1, 4 Points) to a 2:0 win over Panama (0-2-2, 2 Points) at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain." - concacaf.com

3 of trinidad's 7 goals so far in the campaign...not bad stern!!

Just to retort  :devil: ...so yuh call 2 goals in one game a mainly positive contribution over the 7 games we have played so far in the hex. It was a positive contribution in one game...I did say after all 10games.
opponents we were not supposed to mash up!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2005, 03:08:22 PM »
Ah still find it alarming dat he go tell de crowd to 4q off...not once but twice. He jes making heself ah future target fuh more picong when he throwing away or offsides. He should apologize if is cuss he cuss de fans. Man come and pack stadium...no complaints about lack of crowd...and yuh go cuss dem. When you a star, yuh never far from de spotlight. Yuh does get criticize fuh poor form and then praise when yuh score. Dis comes with the territory especially in a high profile sport like football. When yuh choose dat career, yuh have opened up yuhself to public scrutiny. Yuh jes have to accept things the way they are and stay above dem kinda classless behaviour. Ultimately, we all wish him the best.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2005, 03:39:32 PM »
Rodney,
Do you know something about Stern's abliity that Beenhakker does not?

Doh take it the wrong way; maybe yuh see soemthing or you know soemthing from John's play in the U.K that may shed soem light oh his form of late.

Actually it is that exact thing that have me being so negative on Stern.  To me Stern makes more of an effort (no that is unfair), it is more that he seems to do more for Coventry unlike when playing for T&T where he generally seems play as a goalscorer and nothing else, if you get my meaning. Unlike the fickle fans at Coventry I think his contributions (when he plays) are very positive for them.  Before people start slating me for suggesting Stern not that committed to T&T. I do except it could be down to tactics and how his coach wants him to contribute during games.  I just wonder what would have happened if like at Coventry, Stern had tasted the bench once or twice earlier in the campaign.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2005, 03:52:31 PM »
I agree wit biga84...let we unite fellas. We retain our right to praise and criticize but let we not take this personal. Instead of celebrating...all we hearing is Stern dis and Stern dat...so Stern above de national team's achievement? What is really is more important eh...Stern starting, Stern should bench, Stern scoring, Stern eating too much sponge cake, de crowd booing Stern or bemoaning his misses, Stern cussing we, Stern is only a post up fella, Stern always offside, Stern cyah create, Stern throwing away sitters, Stern work rate slow...oh gosh man...de team getting closer to Germany...the dream is alive and well. Focus peeps, de next two games will say a lot about us because the final game won't be easy. Ah hope we have enough in de tank fuh de next game after dis Guatemala game because we need some of that same intensity. Go T&T!!!

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2005, 04:17:06 PM »
...oh gosh man...de team getting closer to Germany...the dream is alive and well. Focus peeps, de next two games will say a lot about us because the final game won't be easy.

Savannah boy yuh thief meh post.  Time for we to refocus on this board.  De journey still alive but hard like concrete.

By the time we meet Panama they may have nothing to play for but being a spoiler and I beieve they are better than their results.  The first 10 minutes of yesterday's Costa Rica - Panama game is the most hard luck yuh could ask to see.

As meh boy Tambu say in a different life -  De Journey Now Start.

Man still have de right to criticize or praise but remember "Together we apsire, Together we achieve."
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern John joins Derby on a 3-month loan.
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2005, 07:17:50 AM »
Stern John joins Derby on a 3-month loan.
Derby Evening Telegraph

Striker Stern John will become a Derby County player in time for Sunday's home Championship clash with Southampton. John will arrive on a three-month loan from Coventry City later this week to take full advantage of the 93-day rule.
The later the Trinidad and Tobago international signs, the later he can stay. If the 28-year-old is registered as a Rams player at noon on Saturday, he can remain at Derby until December 17.
He would then go back to Coventry before joining the Rams permanently once the transfer window reopens in January. There is little point in registering John earlier because he is unable to play against his current club, Coventry, when they visit Pride Park tomorrow night.
Derby will pay a fee for the player, possibly around £150,000. He cost Coventry £200,000 from Birmingham City a year ago and has another two years to run on his contract. John spoke to Rams manager Phil Brown at Moor Farm yesterday.
"Stern looks up for a new challenge," said Brown. "He is a big, powerful lad and we're looking forward to having him in place for the weekend." Director of football Murdo Mackay added: "We tried very hard to get players in last week and we are very close to bringing in new faces again and the board support that."
The move for John has been ongoing for about a week but had to be put on hold while he was away on international duty. John, who has also played for Nottingham Forest, was in World Cup action for Trinidad and Tobago last week.
He scored twice in a 3-2 qualifying win over Guatemala and started the 2-0 defeat by Costa Rica. Derby are keen to make sure business is done properly after the Adrian Heath saga in the summer. Heath quit as number two at Coventry to become Brown's assistant at Derby but returned to Highfield Road a week later after the two clubs failed to reach an agreement over compensation. Heath was assistant to Peter Reid when Coventry signed John.
"I don't think Stern has done as well for us as his ability suggests he should," said Heath.
"We have seen glimpses of what he can do but a change might do him good. "I'm disappointed it has not worked out for him because I thought he would be a terrific asset to the club.
"He will go on loan to Derby with a view to a permanent deal. If it goes through, we will wish him well because you do not like to see a player of his ability struggle."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 07:22:43 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John joins Derby on a 3-month loan.
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2005, 07:25:28 AM »
go brave stern...ah feel coventry was yuh blight!!

go to derby and rip up de championship.

ah still eh seeing no quote from stern stating his feelings about the move!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2005, 07:27:58 AM »
That was quick! Well we hadda hope for the best now. Derby have a striker shortage so much so that their coach had to suit up, which implies that Stern should get a run..hopefully play himself back into some kind of form. Anybody of our english based forumites can give us some insight on the Derby coach and what type of game he likes to play? We just need them to realise that although Stern big and strong he is not a post up player...he needs to back in the habit of getting balls played into him while he facing the goal !
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2005, 07:37:13 AM »
good luck stern.....best wishes...i cant believe i have to check derby results now.....lol...god bless
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2005, 07:44:22 AM »
That article says alot about stern at this point in time.......its purely mental...he has  a confidence crisis and its not only seen by the national team obviously but by his club coach....and he's the only one who can bring thaqt agression back...if its physical a coach can train him if its mental he is his only coach........... :(

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2005, 07:54:47 AM »
sometiems with a change like this it does wake men up, make them feel renewed and feel like the have to show and prove the team that moved them that it was a mistake.
Lets hope he has that kind of pride in himself.  I think he was out of favor with Coventry to this should be a good situation for him, just hope the new team is willing to let him go, as he is their main man now.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2005, 08:07:17 AM »
Mean While.. Coventry Fans i am sure are extatic!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2005, 09:11:45 AM »
Well this is Stern chance to re-vitalise his career. New club new opportunity. Better grab this one and score some goals.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2005, 09:39:16 AM »
Maybe the TTFF should loan him out to Panama for a three months until he catches himself

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2005, 10:14:38 AM »
 ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2005, 10:18:40 AM »
glad to see stern get another chance to revitalise his successful career. he deserves the chance and i believe this move can reap benefits for the trinidad and tobago team. ah happy stern john can only be an asset for our team!!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2005, 10:20:27 AM »
Maybe the TTFF should loan him out to Panama for a three months until he catches himself
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ah have rice all over meh friggin monitor now..

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2005, 10:56:40 AM »

Arrow that hard (funny like hell but hard) but the really funny thing about your post is that real men on this site have that thought deep down inside. ;D ;D

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2005, 11:30:53 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ah have rice all over meh friggin monitor now..

Jumbie what wrong wit you man...I nearly short circuit my f-in computer here man....watch what you saying nah man.  Is water all over meh keyboard and monitor.

truetrini

« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2005, 11:47:50 AM »
arrow, yuh is ah damn arse!

haahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

send Camps too.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern John: Under pressure
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2005, 07:08:02 AM »
Stern John: Under pressure
By Steve Nicholson (Derby Evening Telegraph)

Stern John accepts he is under pressure to deliver the goals for Derby County following the departure of Grzegorz Rasiak.

John is expected to lead the attack against Southampton tomorrow after completing a three-month loan move from Coventry City.

But as he looks forward to making his debut, he knows there will be comparisons with last season's 17-goal striker, Rasiak.

"People will see me as a replacement and obviously there will be some pressure on me but I'll just get my head down, work hard and try to do what I do best - score goals," he said.

"I'm not Grzegorz Rasiak, I can only be myself, and hopefully by the end of my loan spell the Derby fans will be smiling and happy with my performances."

The Trinidad and Tobago international has hit 53 goals in 198 games with Nottingham Forest, Birmingham City and Coventry.

Rams boss Phil Brown admits John has big boots to fill now Rasiak has gone to Tottenham Hotspur but is confident his new signing can provide goals.

"Grzegorz was a one goal in every two games striker but they are difficult to find and cost big money," said Brown.

"Stern is a one-in-three man and is in our market. He is strong, has a good touch, can play with his back to goal, hold the ball up and turn defenders. He'll have the number nine shirt recently worn by Rasiak.

"I'll be demanding goals from Stern and I see no reason why he can't deliver given the service we can provide from the likes of Tommy Smith and Morten Bisgaard, as well as Inigo Idiakez's set-pieces."

John has struggled to hold down a regular place at Coventry this season and is looking for a fresh start with Derby.

The two clubs had agreed to make the move permanent when the transfer window reopens in January, with the Rams paying a fee of around £150,000, but they do not now have to buy the player.

John is hoping to impress enough to stay permanently.

"It was frustrating and difficult for me at Coventry," he said. "With no disrespect to the other strikers there, I know I can score goals in this division, I've done it before.

"I think Derby's style of play will suit me better. They like to pass the ball and get it into feet.

"Now I just want to start playing and scoring goals."

John has scored on his debut at all his previous clubs and says he feels at home at Derby having played with Michael Johnson and Jeff Kenna at Birmingham City.

The 28-year-old hit seven goals in 15 League games to help Birmingham win promotion through the play-offs in 2001-02.

Like John, Peter Whittingham is relishing a new challenge.

The 21-year-old left-sided player - he can play midfield or left-back - is also here for three months and is a little surprised he has been frozen out at Aston Villa.

He started Villa's first three Premiership games of the season before being dropped.

"I know there are good quality players in front of me at Villa and it was time to get out and hopefully play some first-team football," said Whittingham.

"I'd like to think I still have a future at Villa but you never know what will happen. I'm here to help Derby and that's what I am fully focused on."

The England Under-21 international has played 52 Premier League games for Villa and had a loan spell at Burnley last season.

Stern can still be a Sky Blues hit
By Andy Turner (Coventry Evening Telegraph)

Micky Adams insists the door is still open for Stern John to make a return to the Ricoh Arena.

The Trinidad and Tobago international completed a three month loan deal to Derby County today, with a view to a permanent move, but the Sky Blues boss has not ruled out the club's highest paid player pulling on a City shirt again.

"I have never had a problem with Stern," said Adams who insists the move is more to do with finances than anything else.

"In fact, I think people were saying that was the best they had seen him play at the end of last season. But going away on international duty and losing his place, and let's not kid ourselves, he is one of the highest paid play-ers at the club.

"He initially joins on a loan deal until December 17 with a view to a permanent move but I don't know if that would involve a fee."

But what if John suddenly sparks into form or City are short of strikers come Christmas.

"The door is not closed on Stern John as far as I am concerned," he said.

And Adams is not convinced that just because he is significantly lightening the club's wage bill that the money will be made available to bring in fresh faces.

"The finances at the club are tight and will remain so regardless of Stern's move, so it will not dictate whether I can bring new players in," he said.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 07:11:25 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Stern can still be a Sky Blues hit
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2005, 07:11:30 AM »
Derby is a better club at the moment, Stern John better do good and stay right their....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John: Under pressure
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2005, 08:02:37 AM »
stern is the highest paid player in the club and playing like that hmmm fella you etter hit form quick and stop making excuses..............

Offline Lower St. John

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2005, 09:50:57 AM »
"Stern .....is strong, has a good touch, can play with his back to goal, hold the ball up and turn defenders.

It is interesting to note that the style of ball requested of Stern from his club is different from what the average Soca Warrior fan expect from him.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2005, 09:05:37 AM »
ngozi is wah....????u own breddrin bruddah !

How about ah positive reinforcement . Ah find most ah de forumites does give we boy too much pressah....geh de man ah break for once nah.

U tink de man eh trying ? He is probably his worse critic so he doh need alyuh to reinforce what he already know. All de man who talking cyar do no flickin better cause u know what..........u would ah be deh too playing in a club somewey an on de Warriors squad .

How much better ah man go get when u keep carrying him down. He win nuff matches fuh we and  make we look descent when we team looking shitty . He has represented us exceptionally for de last 10 or so years. Is expected dat he will have an off period sometime in his career .

Like lara say when  he was on top in 1994, ''now I am playing well and scoring runs hope everyone will still be with me when the run drought comes around, cause dat is when I'll need your support the most ''(remember stern John ?).

Words are powerful and can bring u up and down . Baron say in he song, ''words is hope and words is life, words can make u feel like ah king, words can make u do anything ''. But like everything else we take de  positive and make ah negative

Man does never build u up but dey quick to pull down .

Stern is we own and no matter how bad he playing we should be giving him motivation and encouragement cause he feeling wus dan any ah alyuh in de stands or television. You tink when he put on ah tnt shirt he goiing to shit dong de place fuh we........????. NO !!!  Shit happens... ;D

We might feel he should be on the bench or off de team so be it.......but doh be calling de man ah setah unneccessary names nah. Everytime Stern name call certain men gehin he bad mind right through and seem to be saying de same ting everytime.....

As touches say dong with de waggonist dem. Cause when he start putting bal in de net again real men will be singing his praises and want to be riding in de front seat too.....dais why de man real dus he shoulder against guatemala is all dem bad vibes he was trowin off he .

Down with de negative .

Down with de waggonists !
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Johnny Bravo...Stern set to shoot back.
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2005, 02:55:20 AM »
Johnny Bravo...Stern set to shoot back.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Imagine you were at your workplace. Perhaps you have a data entry position, only you are having a bad day. You misplaced some files, your boss is furious and you and everyone else involved in the project must stay back until it is finished...and it is Friday evening.
It is not a nice thought.
But imagine if those co-workers spent the evening cursing and screaming at you. And they brought along about 500 friends to your cubicle to constantly remind you of your errors.
Imagine what it must be like to be Stern John.
The 29-year-old striker endured a year to forget. Effectively forced out of the England Premier League club, Birmingham City, chastised by subsequent employers, Coventry City, and then jeered at in his new home, Derby County FC, after just four outings.
It gets worse. You are even booed by your own countrymen, by the same fans who saw you score a national record 61 goals in 87 outings-only ten players in the history of the game have scored more and Brazilian legend Ronaldo (56 goals in 89 games) is not one of them.
John tries to blank out the negativity but he admitted to feeling hurt by the crowd response in recent times-and particularly at home.
"I never went through that in my career before," said John. "I tell myself that some of the fans are doing it because they don't know better and some do it because they want to get a reaction from you to get you to play better. But it is something I won't forget for as long as I live.
"To tell you the truth, you are one of the players who will always go back and represent your country and give your all and you just can't believe the reaction you get from your own fans.
"I mean, here in England when we are going back to play for Trinidad, your teammates and your manager laugh at you and say you have no chance of going to the World Cup. So you come back and you are thinking that you really want to do well to show them and then the (T&T) supporters react like that.
"But I think some people just don't have a clue and the rest of them so accustomed to me scoring goals that they see me going through a lean patch and they just don't know how to take it."
John is not one for mincing words. On the field, his style has always been more stand and deliver than tricky subtlety.
But does he accept that part of the blame lies with his own performances?
John countered that every striker goes through a lean period and he does not miss chances on purpose. He insisted he will not lose faith in his ability to score goals and his record supports the claim that his malaise is down to bad form and not because he is a bad player.
If he wheels away to celebrate another strike against Panama or Mexico in Trinidad and Tobago's upcoming qualifiers, he would have pulled level with former star striker Steve David as the country's most prolific marksman of all time in World Cup qualifying competition.
David scored his 16 goals in just two World Cup qualifying campaigns when there were few pushovers like the Dominican Republic to tally up on-John scored five times against them.
It took John three campaigns to pull within touching distance of David. But, before anyone scoffs, it should be noted that Dwight Yorke, the country's most celebrated player, and his enigmatic teammate Russell Latapy managed six and eight goals, respectively, from five qualifying series.
Unsurprisingly, John was critical of the way Trinidad and Tobago recognise their heroes. He mentioned former standout player and coach, Everald "Gally" Cummings, who urgently needs money to fund a knee operation, while he believes that David and former mentor Alvin Corneal do not get the respect they deserve.
He invited David to meet him before Trinidad and Tobago tackle Mexico in their final qualifier at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on October 12.
"If I score and we get to the World Cup that would be perfect," he said. "I never saw (David) play but to score that amount of goals and I understand he was a legend in his time. I would love to meet him some time and talk.
"That is one thing about Trinidad, we tend to forget our heroes People like him and Gally and Corneal put us on the map."
The big question, though, is has John gone past his slump?
He gave as definite a 'yes' as is possible-football is a game, after all, and open to certain vagaries.
John suggested that his double in last month's 3-2 win at home to Guatemala signalled his return to form. Perhaps more than anyone else, John is quite grateful for Latapy's presence in the national squad.
"His coming back took a lot of pressure off me," said John. "He can score as well as win games for you and countries know that. The first goal I scored against Guatemala came because Russell drew defenders and I just pulled myself out of the play and let him do his thing and waited for the ball.
"He takes the pressure off me a lot because now they can't look after me alone or Dwight."
But John is also hoping for a return of the positive passion that inspired Trinidad and Tobago to within touching distance of the 1990 World Cup.
He was 13 years old and seated under the national stadium's giant clock when T&T lost 1-0 to the USA on November 19, 1989.
"Being so young, I didn't understand the magnitude of losing and what getting to the World Cup meant," he said. "I think I cried more because I saw everyone else crying and all the emotion At the time, my dream was to play in a match like that at the stadium.
"Hopefully, this is our time. Hopefully, we would be heroes and they won't forget about us."
John's emotional ties with the Port of Spain stadium are perhaps reflected in his scoring chart. From his 15 qualifying goals, only two-at Honduras in 2001 and the Dominican Republic in 2004-came outside Trinidad.
He is hoping for a third away goal in Panama on Saturday but is most interested in Trinidad and Tobago qualifying, whether or not he scores.
He pleaded with fans to support the team and revealed the depth of emotion that flooded their dressing room following their 2-0 win at home to Panama.
After the final whistle, he sat with Yorke in the dressing room and gushed about the flag waving and cheering from the stands. He insisted that it helped the stuttering team recover their belief.
It is time for a final encore from the fans.
"If we are going to the World Cup, we're going as a nation not as a team," he said. "We need to put the negative things aside because the guys really working hard I remember when (West Indies cricket star Brian) Lara broke the record, he said that he hopes everybody supports him in bad times, too, because there will be bad times.
"But the fellas sticking together and working hard because whether the public support us or not, we know we have a job to do."
John hopes to play his part. He insisted that he was just as frustrated as the fans with his form, but promised to do everything possible to help T&T qualify.
He admitted that his drought might have adversely affected their World Cup dream.
"I know I have scored so many goals for Trinidad," he said, "but if I could take them back and score them now instead, I would, because it is such an important time for the team.
"I went through a goal-scoring drought when the team could really do with my goals. It is the first time I ever really went through a drought and it is not something I did on purpose.
"This is the World Cup, this is what you dream about and you are representing 1.5 million but what can you do? As a striker, you must go through a drought at least once in your career.
"But I believe my fitness is back now and my confidence."
He hopes to help fire Trinidad and Tobago to Germany. Some support would be nice.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 05:15:52 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Johnny Bravo...Stern set to shoot back.
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2005, 06:47:45 AM »
Stern John if yuh read this message, all I have to say is, while you was in the MLS and the early part of your English career with Nothingham Forest you was my hero and that was in the time when they had top strikers like Owen, Henry, Ronaldo and Clivert etc.... in my books in them time (Yorke apart), you was number one, I felt you was de best striker I have ever seen, you use to shoot from any where on the field, take on defenders, fall back in midfield and tackle and was full of confidence...

I am not saying I am found of you now because I feel you still have it in you but you play little lazy, but I understand that strikers go through a phase, but come on man, if you are not scoring then you need to up your work rate and help in other areas. Brimingham, Conventry and now Derby is seeing this, not juist T&T...

When we played Guatemala and you scored 2 goals you made me very proud and I thank you for that, but when you cuss the fans you show alot of disrespect, the same disrespect you didn't like from the fans is the same you where showing to them, so 2 wrongs dont make a right.

On the given day ANY player puts on a T&T shirt I will support 100%, whether I like them or not, you cannot blame fans for reacting, no one will support a player if he is constantly playing below par apart from his goal scoring droubt other areas you needed to work on....

I also understand a striker like you who needs service to score should not be played as a target striker up front alone, so in your defence, I understand why its hard for you to score goals.

This is a public apology to you Stern John, now go out there and do what you do best, keep your head up as you have been doing.... and go out there and bring back the Stern-Turn, beating a defender, shooting from a distance and buss some goals in Panama and Mexico asses like you did in the MLS...

Good Luck to you and the entire T&T team...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 06:58:10 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2005, 07:16:09 AM »
...well said...

We fans might seem a fickle bunch but even though yuh does get pong, (an is not only you) everybody was secretly and not so secretly jumping for joy when you scored twice against Guatemala.  I wa s there.  We took it as a sign of things to come.  We support the team, and everybody in the red, white and black.  The team is under pressure.

Its only because we've seen better from you.  Prove us woefully wrong.

truetrini

« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2005, 07:16:46 AM »
Sam, sometimes yuh is ah real mad man..but den dat is all ah we here.

I like how yuh answer de man and yuh is ah man who does say yuh wrong when yuh wrong.

1]; } ?>