April 30, 2024, 07:05:29 AM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 300275 times)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Why Stern John is a MUST STARTER for T&T
« Reply #420 on: May 26, 2006, 01:48:09 PM »
Another question : What is Stern greatest strength as a forward for T&T ?

66 goals in 94 games.

i am in total acqience
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 26, 2006, 02:34:48 PM »
well, point man it is...Iz ah good thing BeenE doh call me to ask me meh opinion eh !  ;)

next thing, he blamin me if de man doh do that ting that he oobviously does so well....all the best Stern....wherever the coach play yuh, I behind yuh 100 %...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #422 on: May 26, 2006, 02:42:17 PM »
some of these fellahz rel pompous oui they love to call the names of the fellahz they like.

I dont care who you like. I support each and every player on that feild and when it comes to we strikers no one puts the ball in the net as nicely or as frequently as Stern John so dont bother trying to argue that any of our forwards are better because you are simply wrong before you even type.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 26, 2006, 03:00:42 PM »
some of these fellahz rel pompous oui they love to call the names of the fellahz they like.

I dont care who you like. I support each and every player on that feild and when it comes to we strikers no one puts the ball in the net as nicely or as frequently as Stern John so dont bother trying to argue that any of our forwards are better because you are simply wrong before you even type.
Better than ? Well thanks for straightenin meh out. next time  ah get ah thought I will just PM yuh before ah type..so ah wouldn't waste nobody time nah..and if yuh doh know the answer, yuh could type the ideas for meh...cause den it would be right..and ah wouldn't embarras mehself so  by trying to have ah meanful discussion bout any of our players, as ah doh support every one of them as you   ::)

wait....ah to damn farse, yuh wasn't even talkin to me right ?    ;D

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 26, 2006, 03:37:51 PM »
Arazi, what is the 'hype' that to many T&Tians does get caught up in ? Look ah don't think anybody disputing Stern's ability.

Allow me a question ?

Which Stern would ppl select for this Team...Stern John '96 or Stern John'05 ?
d hype i was talking is bout is dat rel ppl after the peru game bawl oh how kenwenye shud be starting he's the real striker throw way stern john... and was hearind this start glen or jones over john from long time, da's d hype iwas talking bout...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #425 on: May 26, 2006, 04:59:52 PM »
Arazi, what is the 'hype' that to many T&Tians does get caught up in ? Look ah don't think anybody disputing Stern's ability.

Allow me a question ?

Which Stern would ppl select for this Team...Stern John '96 or Stern John'05 ?
d hype i was talking is bout is dat rel ppl after the peru game bawl oh how kenwenye shud be starting he's the real striker throw way stern john... and was hearind this start glen or jones over john from long time, da's d hype iwas talking bout...

all tell yuh Azari Trinifinite was saying exactly that when de game was done... stewps and maxg... I cant figure out what point you are trying to push... I am simply fedup of people doing just what Azari described there... our through and through striker doesnt perform well and after one game plenty people jump on the "toss out John" waggon again... I am fedup of that shit...

and by the way... I put forth a point and you obviously could not despute it... so instead of trying to despute it you tryed to attack me and not my point... what are you trying to prove...??... other than your a pompous idiot

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 26, 2006, 05:57:48 PM »
I really want our real striker to shine in the world cup.  I say this because I remember that Stern would come back to play for us no matter what (risking club and all), and he would play wholeheartedly.  This is precisely why he's scored so many goals - dedication.  This is why Leo Beenhakker calls him a class striker.
Yorke on the other hand always blew the trumpet about how he was playing at the very "highest level of football", and then would play a lil something just to say he eh forget we.  That is also why it was so easy for him to walk out on us - back to his "highest level" of football.  It's only after this plan crashed that Yorke decided to play wholeheartedly for us.  Could you imagine that he just scored goals #14 and #15 against Iceland?  Completely Pathetic for a so-called world class striker that played for years at the highest level - Even David Beckham, a midfielder, has more goals than Yorke.

Yorke might be the captain, but dedication and commitment has made Stern John the Boss.

I aint too like dis nah ! Yorke is  a boss and as a striker when he was in he prime stern aint want nothing with him, i wonder who got traded at Birmingham to make room for Yorke.
You know I had already conceeded that Palos had a point, but since you brought it back up here goes:

Yorke has 15 international goals for T&T - that's it. Not one more.
Stern has 64 international goals for T&T.

If Beenhakker was looking for a striker that is most likely to score, who do you think he would choose?

That is precisely why Yorke is playing in the midfield and NOT as a striker.  He, quite frankly, is of little scoring value to T&T's team - just like if you played Lawrence as a striker he would be ineffective.  Maybe he could score on the club level or the "highest level" as he always calls it, but scoring against international sides (even teams like Grenada) tends to be a problem.  In contrast, no international side has been a problem for Stern to score against.

The thing that a lot of people are having problems with (and I really getting tired of having to say this) is understanding that club success does not translate into international team value.
 Example: Birchall is a big nobody in his home club, but a diamond on the international field against world class competition like Mexico - did you see him have a hard time against Mexico?  He didn't even flinch.  He totally dominated the competition.
Yorke on the other hand, (and I am not comparing him to Brichall here) has raised every club trophy, and yet only has celebrity status value versus scoring value on the T&T team.  The fact is even Latapy has scored more than "highest level" striker Yorke.  What club does Latapy play for?

Do not let Yorke's Premiership celebrity status blind you and cause you to overlook Stern John - a striker that Yorke simply can never be mentioned next to in the official FIFA World Top Strikers in the history of football.

One other thing Stern John is currently only 13 goals away from shattering the great Brazilian Pele's record.  Where is Yorke in comparison to Pele?  Nah, let's lower the bar.  Let's compare Yorke's scoring value in T&T against Landon Donovan's scoring value on the USA team.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 26, 2006, 06:44:48 PM »
Arazi, if most of the ppl saying leave Stern, and a few say change his role, and even fewer say drop him...Wouldn't the hype be those in the majority ? That is why I was confused.

Jefferz, I thought I did get the point of your first post, which stated to me that I was pompous and if I have any ideas I shouldn't keep them to myself, and in your second post, you added I am stupid, and you say I attacked you when I tried to clarify what I understood.... without knowing me at all, without ever discussing any topic with me, you think I am arrogant, and stupid.....Ok, I get all that, what point did I miss ? Nah, doh answer that, it will be even more stupid of me to carry on this discussion ;D....My intention with my response to you in the first place was to sarcastically demonstrate, your bad manners and offensive tone, and obviously I messed up and managed to make you feel bad...I apolagize....all that is unnecessay... but better believe I would continue to discuss things that I may need help understanding or testing some ideas, even seemingly stupid ones...so please bear with me.......Ignorant, Stupid, buh pompous meh yute ?  :D :D
 :devil:

Palos, ah have to show the borse this new low ah sink too...lawd   :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 26, 2006, 06:59:39 PM »
Arazi, if most of the ppl saying leave Stern, and a few say change his role, and even fewer say drop him...Wouldn't the hype be those in the majority ? That is why I was confused.

Jefferz, I thought I did get the point of your first post, which stated to me that I was pompous and if I have any ideas I shouldn't keep them to myself, and in your second post, you added I am stupid, and you say I attacked you when I tried to clarify what I understood.... without knowing me at all, without ever discussing any topic with me, you think I am arrogant, and stupid.....Ok, I get all that, what point did I miss ? Nah, doh answer that, it will be even more stupid of me to carry on this discussion ;D....My intention with my response to you in the first place was to sarcastically demonstrate, your bad manners and offensive tone, and obviously I messed up and managed to make you feel bad...I apolagize....all that is unnecessay... but better believe I would continue to discuss things that I may need help understanding or testing some ideas, even seemingly stupid ones...so please bear with me.......Ignorant, Stupid, buh pompous meh yute ?  :D :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: Yuh see me....I fraid de borse yes!  Say hello fuh meh....SH say hello too!!  Yuh get a visa to go Germany?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 26, 2006, 08:18:11 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: Yuh see me....I fraid de borse yes!  Say hello fuh meh....SH say hello too!!  Yuh get a visa to go Germany?

VISA?.. one thing at a time..Passport fuss..dem he go worry bout Visa, plane ticket, travellers cheque, grip.. etc

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 26, 2006, 08:31:06 PM »

VISA?.. one thing at a time..Passport fuss..dem he go worry bout Visa, plane ticket, travellers cheque, grip.. etc

which VISA doh?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 26, 2006, 08:50:19 PM »

which VISA doh?

From he boss!..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 26, 2006, 10:01:13 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
Borse say ah could Germany if ah want, Germany an Beyond. :rotfl: :rotfl:
Wha dah mean boy...Sound like ah go need ah starship, not ah visa..

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #433 on: May 26, 2006, 11:46:39 PM »

well you shouldnt have tried to fight fire with fire know what I mean?

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 27, 2006, 10:02:29 AM »
boy i find some men sounding like dey trying to diss yorke,but the truth is currently yorke pulling his weight more than john,and frankly we should start with jones cause he deserve it,john pull us through plenty in the past but right know he eh make it.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: May 27, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »
boy i find some men sounding like dey trying to diss yorke,but the truth is currently yorke pulling his weight more than john,and frankly we should start with jones cause he deserve it,john pull us through plenty in the past but right know he eh make it.

You know what I like about Stern?  The fact that he is the only striker that could score against Wales.  Nobody else could deliver.  Win or Lose Stern is the only sure scorer.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 27, 2006, 08:57:10 PM »
67 goals in 95 games

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 28, 2006, 12:07:01 AM »
What do ypu mean Jefferz ?

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 28, 2006, 07:48:41 AM »
yeah summa alya rel miscountin goals
austria goal doh count
nieither duz de brazil team goal

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 28, 2006, 09:19:33 AM »

The majority of whom the knowlegable heads on this forum, talking to average not trini, unless i seem to attract them, i encounter the DROP STERN COMMITTEE very regularly and even after he score and everybody throw yday dey calling for him...

I am not convinced about Kenweyne Jones deserving a spot, not yet anyway, he still doesn't impress me as a striker, his speed makes him a nusiance buh he is hardly a finisher or fluent striker as yet and just cause he does "seem" more involved in game with his runs watever he doesn't have a big imapct in the game in my opinion.. i rather glen or scotland as the second dtirker with stern and if we play right the REAL stern will show up...

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 28, 2006, 10:01:39 AM »

well you shouldnt have tried to fight fire with fire know what I mean?

Have some respect little boy...just cause you dont have the mental capacity to decipher a point doesnt mean that its not there...once in a while its good to sit back and just read without rushin in to type that utter garbage that passes for your opinion.

Now back to the point,
Hadda disagree maxg, Stern is CLASS. He go have me cussing right through a game but in a flash he go be in the right position. Now if we talking bout who could take his place? None of the forwards on our team can do that....Stern's initial touches and control are 10x better than glenn and Jones...Scotland on his way but i doh think that right now is a time to experiment with a different setup. Run Stern as much as you can and put a backup for him to layoff too.

Personally, ah just wish the man would not wait for the ball to bounce or come down as in recent games....with better defenders, that ball go be cleared out.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #441 on: May 28, 2006, 10:42:18 AM »
We've discussed this topic ad infinitum, ad nauseam. Here is my opinion. Stern John is Stern John and no player with a Trinidad and Tobago passport can tie Stern's shoes when it comes to scoring goals. Moreover the system that coach who took us to our first World Cup chose demands a player like Stern John. I think those who critcise Stern should do so in the context of the man's record and of the coach's unwavering support him.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 28, 2006, 11:06:45 AM »
Guys, my argument was not of including or excluding Stern...It was changing his role for the Front striker to the supporting striker...Most presented points why he should start, ah lil fella even get offend and start to disrespect heself....ah nex man seem to think that if someone disagree with the status quo he may not be knowledable, or even ah old head  ;D That is not the point whether or not he should start, I was supporting why he should play the different role..
If Stern produces, but he is not the best in the World and the best Team in the world did/do not depend on 1 man to score, if we only depend on Stern to score then we will most surely lose, we have to have Stern score and someone else, and I think Stern has the ability to get other people to score, if he is so Instructed. None of the other forwards has his control and holdup ability as well, but at present for this level he is too deep to properly utilize....he mostly recieving air balls, or ballls with 3 men on...very difficult for ANYBODY to Operate...so I am basically preaching change the tactics not the player....the time to try that is now..not next week.....
I hope this is clearer.
Got's to go cause meh bad ass coolie wife buggin meh...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 28, 2006, 11:40:32 AM »

Yuh have a nex wife oddah dan de one I know or wha?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 28, 2006, 12:10:48 PM »

Yuh have a nex wife oddah dan de one I know or wha?

Break Time....wuk boy...wuk..
nah same one, different name different circles   ;D
aka "D Puna asaissin", aka "Mammy" aka "Virgin Mary" ... nah same one jus smarter or should I say more deadly   :D :D

buh she call it as ah write it..

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
#14 IS D WORSE TING IN A TUGS
« Reply #445 on: May 31, 2006, 05:13:27 PM »
I was in a self imposed silence since the Arsenal game, but I real vex with this side.

It is painfully obvious we ent beating nobody with that brand we playing and what is worse is we get three from a shit side.

Slovenia ent play nuttin and alyuh just looking for excuse.......

I realise many of you all didnt see the 1st half as the stream wasnt running then.

If you did, you woulda see how we didn't have a clue..........that first goal 5 men in our area vs 3 clueless TT defenders.

Yorke playing first stopper and we just ent have a clue going fwd.

We couldnt come out our half for the first 20 min .

The second goal shaka do shit and a man tuck it in.

But I notice alyuh ent talk about the man who for me was the Goat of the game.

This #14 fella.

Who making excuse for he today.

#14 Get this in yuh head and all the other men on the field......

This is WC...yuh playing the best in the world and the chupidness yuh coulda get away with in Concacaf will not cut it any more.

GOALS WIN MATCHES

YUH HAVE TO TAKE YUH CHANCE WHEN IT COMES

WE WILL ONLY GET 1-2 CHANCES Per game...........BURY IT.

The line between Hero and Shithound is very thin.....The last time yuh was on the Hero side was 5 games ago.

You get a one on one in the 18 and try to chip the keeper who in the six yard box instead of piping bullet.

The thing is had he scored that "gift" we would have immediately been back in the game MOMENTUM WISE.

Then the attempted beat and fall down in the six yard box.

Then the clear tru ball to hit wide.

Then the cross that yuh jest collide with the keeper

OH Shit man #14

Score the judgement goals and let people like yuh.

Yuh not tracking back, yuh not involving others in the play, yuh not being creative and yuh not running off the ball to create space.

If yuh ent scoring whats yuh purpose......at least use yuh size to do something instead of falling down.....and stop the star boy shit.

Yuh playing Shit yuh pulling stones and yuh giving all of we heart attack.

This #14 come like the youth who playing mortal combat in the arcade and cyar beat the first opponent. He only wasting tokens, wasting tokens over and over and no amount of feeding getting him better.

I sorry for Shaka but both he and the defence is to blame for all d shit goals and we start back shadowing and pointin. Bring Back Ince yes put Ince in the post for the Czech game.

They had only two positives in that game.

Birchall show he could shoot and score and we get one good cross from Wise who show he could do something.

I will maintain my WC prediction as nothing has shown me otherwise but yuh know what.

This TT side going and do the usual and play good in the games we supposed to lorse badly and we will pull orf a decent performance vs Czech.

But until then #14

You, the TT defence and the rest of the men who pulling stones look what alyuh need a dose of before alyuh reach prague

In any order

and if that ent straighten they tail

three good lash with this go straighten them out

and finally

if yuh still playing up in yuh pwefin take a seat right here on one of these

« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 08:15:17 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: #14 IS D WORSE TING IN A TUGS
« Reply #446 on: May 31, 2006, 05:14:49 PM »
Senna Pods...... :rotfl:  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #447 on: May 31, 2006, 05:18:31 PM »
shut up!!!i figure it out... Bennie trying to confuffle the world b4 the WC!!!! and as for stern i dont think u should complain... although he didnt put away his chances he still got alotta them and tended to be in the best positions we got throughout the game
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 05:20:55 PM by The_Ice »

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 31, 2006, 05:19:06 PM »
i like de bull pistle  :devil:

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 31, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

This TT side going and do the usual and play good in the games we supposed to lorse badly and we will pull orf a decent performance vs Czech.

Touches yuh come back lashin hard

but if you are correct with this statement then that is a cause for optimism

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>