March 28, 2024, 01:18:23 PM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 295700 times)

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: #14 IS D WORSE TING IN A TUGS
« Reply #480 on: May 31, 2006, 07:20:56 PM »
Stern is STILL the most prolific striker we have. The man score in the last game and nobody have nuttin to say bad about him.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 31, 2006, 07:21:29 PM »
                          Started as ST against Wales .... 0 Goals

As a Striker Kenwyne Jones has scored 3 goals in 15 games........ Yeh but he is so much better than Stern John and uis the future of TnT football....Yeh Effing Rite!

Ummm no Jones played on the wings against Wales...and he was a sub in 6 games...and he was playing WITH STERN in most of the other games so he was getting NO HELP or passes or set ups from his fellow striker who only standing around begging for the ball and cussing man if they pass it to Jones

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 31, 2006, 07:23:47 PM »
Trinimassive the man play real real lala in the last game too.

Is because he score he get away from talk.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 31, 2006, 07:24:01 PM »
I am a huge Stern John fan  but today he shoullda finish 1 of the 3....

still he is 100000000 times better than "the socalled furture" kenwyne jones hoo 2 me is a shithound

was it now like 2 goals in 15caps

when you f**king reach 65 in 93 den you cud start till den

It's ok if you want to keep supporting #14 blindly, after all even the coach of our national team doesn't seem to know how to differentiate a good striker from one who purging regular.  But Jones aint no shithoud.

How many of those 15 games has Jones actually started and played a full 90?
How many of those games did he start at striker? (BSC had him playing right wing back in the earlies)
How many games did he play against the Caribbean minnows in Shell Cup to pad his stats?

Anyway its not Stern's fault nah.  It's Beenie who insists on playing him a full 90 EVERY f*cking game when men like Glen can't even get a 10 minute run to prepare to face some of the best defenders in the world.
Even BSC would have been embarrassed to be associated with Beenie's decisions in this match - 10 DAYS BEFORE THE WORLD CUP!!
Cyd playing center back when he's played right back all his life
Edwards playing right back when he's probably our most creative player going forward
Sancho benching when he's our next most accomplished backup central defender and he's short on int'l match practice
Yorke our best midfielder who's played striker all his life, marshalling the back line
Stern playing a full 90 regardless of anything and everything that transpires on the field

Anyway no sense complaining...allyuh like it so!!

arrow for president... :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 31, 2006, 07:27:35 PM »

still he is 100000000 times better than "the socalled furture" kenwyne jones hoo 2 me is a shithound

It's ok if you want to keep supporting #14 blindly, after all even the coach of our national team doesn't seem to know how to differentiate a good striker from one who purging regular.  But Jones aint no shithoud.

How many of those 15 games has Jones actually started and played a full 90?
How many of those games did he start at striker? (BSC had him playing right wing back in the earlies)
How many games did he play against the Caribbean minnows in Shell Cup to pad his stats?

Anyway its not Stern's fault nah.  It's Beenie who insists on playing him a full 90 EVERY game when men like Glen can't even get a 10 minute run to prepare to face some of the best defenders in the world.
Even BSC would have been embarrassed to be associated with Beenie's decisions in this match - 10 DAYS BEFORE THE WORLD CUP!!

You can't be serious.  BSC WATCHING the world ON TV, he could ever be embarrassed about Beenie's decisions?  
You know I never heard anyone complain about Yorke's scoring record?  Every time he came to T&T everyone was praising him up.  Eh score one goal, but nobody was bad talking him...while Stern scoring left right and center at the same time.
Now we lost a game and is the same "drop Stern John" attitude all over again - now blaming Beenhakker and all.  You know what should have really happened??!! Beenhakker should have dropped YORKE after the 0 impact performance in this AND the last game.  ooops! I shouldn't have said that eh?? huh?  Edwards played WAY better than Yorke today.

Now I am not saying this because I have anything against Yorke.  I am simply alerting you to the lop-sided thinking that I am constantly hearing on this forum.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 31, 2006, 07:30:19 PM »
We playing dead to ketch corbeaux  alive   ;D  Palos like you vex man. Maybe it's time to bring back you song " you looking for licks"

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 31, 2006, 07:33:41 PM »
well since we lose 2 game and men calling to drop stern, we might as well drop d whole defence, call up julius james, and derek king since dem is we future.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 31, 2006, 07:39:34 PM »
wait wait wait wait.... 1989 if you are trying to say that Stern is a better striker than Dwight then you must be a complete moron...
Jefferz what is Dwight Yorke's international scoring record?  What is Stern's?  Does it matter what goals Dwight scored for a club?  How many of those goals can help T&T win a game?  IT IS T&T INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE.

Here is Dwight Yorke's T&T international striking record:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 goals.
Here is Stern John's T&T international striking record: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 -- oops we just passed Yorke's cut off point... continuing anyway -- 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 goals.

Who has the better scoring record for T&T?  Therefore who is more valueable as a striker for T&T (not ManU get your mind off goals that don't count for T&T)?  The thing is, both Yorke and Stern played on the same messed up T&T teams over the years (featuring poor midfielders to feed strikers), but who scored the most for T&T?
JEFFERZ, YOU ARE THE COMPLETE MORON.

Closing point: Separate celebrity from what wins matches for T&T (or any team for that matter) GOALS.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 07:50:45 PM by 1989 »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 31, 2006, 07:41:03 PM »
absolutely agre with touches. brilliant post. Its time to wake up. BENCH STERN, lets see KENWYNE, aAT LEEAST DAT MAN WILL RUN!

and no, dont call me fickle, call me fed up! its a week to go and this is how we're preparing??
Hart for president

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 31, 2006, 07:43:52 PM »
absolutely agre with touches. brilliant post. Its time to wake up. BENCH STERN, lets see KENWYNE, aAT LEEAST DAT MAN WILL RUN!

and no, dont call me fickle, call me fed up! its a week to go and this is how we're preparing??

boy allyuh are some rell c**tholes in truth boy

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 31, 2006, 07:47:17 PM »
you know i could give a shit about stern's scoring record. We need all the legs and men running as we can get for these games. Stern wont run and hes in one of his infamous cold snaps. So give me KENWYNE and let that man run and power a hheader or two
Hart for president

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 31, 2006, 07:50:05 PM »
wait wait wait wait.... 1989 if you are trying to say that Stern is a better striker than Dwight then you must be a complete moron...
Jefferz what is Dwight Yorke's international scoring record?  What is Stern's?  Does it matter what goals Dwight scored for a club?  How many of those goals can help T&T win a game?  IT IS T&T INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE.

Here is Dwight Yorke's T&T international striking record:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 goals.
Here is Stern John's T&T international striking record: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 -- oops we just passed Yorke's cut off point... continuing anyway -- 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 goals.

Who has the better scoring record for T&T?  Therefore who is more valueable as a striker for T&T (not ManU get your mind off goals that don't count for T&T)?  The thing is, both Yorke and Stern played on the same messed up T&T teams over the years (featuring poor midfielders to feed strikers), but who scored the most for T&T?
YOU ARE THE COMPLETE MORON.

Closing point: Separate celebrity from what wins matches for T&T (or any team for that matter) GOALS.

For the statisticians, let's see the breakdown for the games that they played together as strike partners.
Live large and prosper!

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 31, 2006, 07:51:44 PM »
Jefferz what is Dwight Yorke's international scoring record?  What is Stern's?  Does it matter what goals Dwight scored for a club?  How many of those goals can help T&T win a game?  IT IS T&T INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE.

Here is Dwight Yorke's T&T international striking record:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 goals.

Who has the better scoring record for T&T?  Therefore who is more valueable as a striker for T&T (not ManU get your mind off goals that don't count for T&T)?  The thing is, both Yorke and Stern played on the same messed up T&T teams over the years (featuring poor midfielders to feed strikers), but who scored the most for T&T?
YOU ARE THE COMPLETE MORON.

For the statisticians, let's see the breakdown for the games that they played together as strike partners.

Palos, if you can, get us these stats please.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 31, 2006, 08:01:05 PM »

to all you forumites take a royal f**k off

if you going to talk about how much goals Jones score in his 15 games then you have to talk about how much of those caps he get playing midfield and defence and then after that you have to talk about how much games he only get to come on as a sub later in the game.

If Stern is the man getting pick every game, and he playing whole game for the most part, none of the other forwards will have as much goals as him.  It would be good to see Scotland get a decent opportunity.  

Wey you feel it is????  Yuh feel stern get orn de team jes so one day????? Is de lil opportunity he get on TNT team from de early days ah Yorke and Latas dat bring he here today. De lil 20, 30 minutes he get in dem matches he was bussin net dat bring he to be de most lethal attacker we have today . Man doh jes get freeco ting jes so brudda an doh have to earn dey keep. Work yuh ass off and wait for de day you get ah break.

As is right now nobody scoring regularly odder dan stern.

with all due respect, what Stern was doing in the 20, 30 minutes he was getting back in the day have surprisingly little to do with who is the best man for the job now. 

So den you sayin Kenwyne is de man fuh de job den ?
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 31, 2006, 08:09:22 PM »
Touches....ah understand your angst and pain but I'm operating under the theory that Beenhaker knows what he is doing...that doesn't mean that #14 should muff his chances....but I think and I'm telling myself that I have to believe this.... is that Beenie working on certain aspects of the game.....I only saw the 2nd half but looking at #19 playing almost a stopper like position tells me he working on bits and pieces. I think his strategy is ..if they don't know what to expect then they won't know how to prepare....seems as if he is using this element of surprise if that is the case to go for an all out win in the first game.
The only evidence I have to support my theory is that the first thing he instilled in the team when he took over was discipline...I saw none of that today...ah jes hope meh theory right if not ah go find out in 10 days time.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 31, 2006, 08:14:09 PM »

if you going to talk about how much goals Jones score in his 15 games then you have to talk about how much of those caps he get playing midfield and defence and then after that you have to talk about how much games he only get to come on as a sub later in the game.

If Stern is the man getting pick every game, and he playing whole game for the most part, none of the other forwards will have as much goals as him.  It would be good to see Scotland get a decent opportunity.  

Wey you feel it is????  Yuh feel stern get orn de team jes so one day????? Is de lil opportunity he get on TNT team from de early days ah Yorke and Latas dat bring he here today. De lil 20, 30 minutes he get in dem matches he was bussin net dat bring he to be de most lethal attacker we have today . Man doh jes get freeco ting jes so brudda an doh have to earn dey keep. Work yuh ass off and wait for de day you get ah break.

with all due respect, what Stern was doing in the 20, 30 minutes he was getting back in the day have surprisingly little to do with who is the best man for the job now. 

I am saying that your argument, as I understood it, doesn't hold water. If I understand correctly, you are saying that 1) Kenwyne should work his ass off for a break and 2) Stern has the right to be there because he used to score in the past.  It seems to be that those two things are contradictory in spirit.  One is valuing hard work and the other is implying it is ok to rest on your laurels.  Notice I am not saying that Stern is resting on his laurels, I can't read anybody mind.  That is just how I interpreted your post.

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I personally would have liked to have seen Scotland get a decent opportunity at some point.  As an illustration of my thinking: for the first 3 (USA, Gaut, CR) games of the Hex Stern was scoreless, and then after scoring against Panama, he went 5 games without scoring (Mexico, 3 GC games and USA), has Scotland ever been afforded a stretch of 5 consecutive scoreless games, or a stretch where he scored 1 goal in 9 games? 

Anyhow, like Touches said Stern is probably going to be the man on the field come June 10th, so best of luck to him.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 08:17:52 PM by daryn »

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 31, 2006, 08:31:31 PM »

I am saying that your argument, as I understood it, doesn't hold water. If I understand correctly, you are saying that 1) Kenwyne should work his ass off for a break and 2) Stern has the right to be there because he used to score in the past.  It seems to be that those two things are contradictory in spirit.  One is valuing hard work and the other is implying it is ok to rest on your laurels.  Notice I am not saying that Stern is resting on his laurels, I can't read anybody mind.  That is just how I interpreted your post.

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I personally would have liked to have seen Scotland get a decent opportunity at some point.  As an illustration of my thinking: for the first 3 (USA, Gaut, CR) games of the Hex Stern was scoreless, and then after scoring against Panama, he went 5 games without scoring (Mexico, 3 GC games and USA), has Scotland ever been afforded a stretch of 5 consecutive scoreless games, or a stretch where he scored 1 goal in 9 games? 

Anyhow, like Touches said Stern is probably going to be the man on the field come June 10th, so best of luck to him.

All I'm saying is dat Beenie know de man is class and when we back up against de wall who is de one many ah time dat come through fuh we. Is not now man man have been say to drop stern...But doesn't he come around and shut everybody mouth after all de tongue lassin he get.

Ah see everybody say how other players not gehin ah chance , but dat is untrue. Because all ah dem been getin dey chance in dey. Kenwyne consistently gets his chance on the team don't he. You say Scotland haven't been getting chances but he consistently was playing almost every match in the Qualies.

Is not that these guys not getting chances is jes dey haven't claimed dat place to be de nxt best option if Stern isn't there. That all.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 31, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »
yeh buh study dis........other than looking for oportune spaces to be......wha else does stern do?? De reason stern go get call out especially in a shit performance like dis is cause if you say you dey to put in goals......and yuh eh doing it.....or missing 90% of the time......in dat sense.....yuh eh pulling yuh weight as yuh should. If stern used to hustle like jones....quarter of the flack he getting now he wouldnt ah get. If you dey to put in chances.....yuh damn well better do it. Study how much of dem international goals stern get without somebody else putting in hard work.....den yuh realise someting. When de team plays shit.....by extension stern go play shit. If de team doh perform....stern go be starved up dey fuh service.....and even when he get a chance....yuh eh certain he go put it in. Yuh notice stern start to score when latas come back??? Why??? He wasnt getting service....and cyar do nutting to change it fuh heself.....so he just occupying space on de field. Which one you feel more risky......a striker that prone to getting starved......or one that go actually try and get tings to change?? I respect stern....buh unless things perfectly suited to him......he doh produce....and cannot change that. If you one dimensional like that....it come like yuh putting all yuh eggs in one basket.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 31, 2006, 08:58:29 PM »
You say Scotland haven't been getting chances but he consistently was playing almost every match in the Qualies.
Is not that these guys not getting chances is jes dey haven't claimed dat place to be de nxt best option if Stern isn't there. That all.

a few sub appearances in the Hex hardly counts as playin almost every match

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 31, 2006, 09:02:03 PM »
You say Scotland haven't been getting chances but he consistently was playing almost every match in the Qualies.

a few sub appearances in the Hex hardly counts as playin almost every match

Arrow dem odder fellas been gettin play almost every match.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 31, 2006, 09:11:26 PM »
yeh buh study dis........other than looking for oportune spaces to be......wha else does stern do?? De reason stern go get call out especially in a shit performance like dis is cause if you say you dey to put in goals......and yuh eh doing it.....or missing 90% of the time......in dat sense.....yuh eh pulling yuh weight as yuh should. If stern used to hustle like jones....quarter of the flack he getting now he wouldnt ah get. If you dey to put in chances.....yuh damn well better do it. Study how much of dem international goals stern get without somebody else putting in hard work.....den yuh realise someting. When de team plays shit.....by extension stern go play shit. If de team doh perform....stern go be starved up dey fuh service.....and even when he get a chance....yuh eh certain he go put it in. Yuh notice stern start to score when latas come back??? Why??? He wasnt getting service....and cyar do nutting to change it fuh heself.....so he just occupying space on de field. Which one you feel more risky......a striker that prone to getting starved......or one that go actually try and get tings to change?? I respect stern....buh unless things perfectly suited to him......he doh produce....and cannot change that. If you one dimensional like that....it come like yuh putting all yuh eggs in one basket.

Let me jes say dis........Ever since Stern geh de break foot in nottingham forest 5 or 6 years ago he isn't de same Stern ah remember long ago.

Imo I feel Beenie should gih Stern ah try from behind de stiker to see how he go do because dais wey Stern use to score goals from in de early's. I remember de days ah seein Stern runnnig through defenders at will from behind de first man. Dem was de days when Dwight and Latas did rule de area. To tell you de truth ah find Stern shouldn't be used as no post up man in the front cause dat is npt what made Stern de fearless striker he was. Many ah time dais when he did score is when he come deep in the midfield and work he way in. Coming at defenders was always his greatest asset not being post man. Actually dat was Dwight game .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 31, 2006, 09:17:19 PM »
Stern's goals
http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/john-intlg.html
or http://www.sternjohn.com/IternRec.htm

Caps Goals    Date      Venue          Opponent      Score  Competition   

1   1   1   15- 2-95   Port of Spain  Finland        2-1   
 2       1   29-11-95   Port of Spain  Norway         3-2   
 3   1   2    6- 3-96   Miami          Haiti          2-0
 4   1   3    2- 6-96   Port of Spain  Martinique     2-1   Caribbean 96 Sf
 5       3   15- 6-96   Santo Domingo  Dominican Rep. 4-1   World Cup
 6   3   6   23- 6-96   Port of Spain  Dominican Rep. 8-0   World Cup
 7       6    1- 9-96   Port of Spain  Costa Rica     0-1   World Cup Qualifier
 8       6   24-11-96   Port of Spain  USA            0-1   World Cup Qualifier
 9       6    8-12-96   Los Angeles    Guatemala      1-2   World Cup
10       6   21-12-96   Cartago        Costa Rica     1-2   World Cup Qualifier
11       6   23-11-97   Port of Spain  Jamaica        0-0
12   1   7   18-12-97   Fort de France Martinique     2-3
13   1   8    4- 1-98   Bridgetown     Barbados       1-0
14       8   21- 1-98   San Salvador   El Salvador    0-2
15       8   23- 1-98   Guatemala City Guatemala      1-3
16       8   28- 1-98   San Jose       Costa Rica     0-4
17   2  10    1- 2-98   Oakland        Honduras       3-1   Gold Cup 98 Rd 1
18      10    4- 2-98   Oakland        Mexico         2-4   Gold Cup 98 Rd 1
19   1  11   22- 7-98   Port of Spain  Antigua/Barb.  3-2   Caribbean 98 Rd 1
20   2  13   24- 7-98   Port of Spain  Martinique     2-1   Caribbean 98 Rd 1
21   4  17   26- 7-98   Port of Spain  Dominica       8-0   Caribbean 98 Rd 1
22   2  19   29- 7-98   Port of Spain  Haiti          4-1   Caribbean 98 Sf
23   1  20   31- 7-98   Port of Spain  Jamaica        1-2   Caribbean 98 Final
24   1  21   28- 3-99   Port of Spain  Jamaica        2-0
25   1  22    6- 5-99   Port of Spain  South Africa   2-0
26   1  23    3- 6-99   Port of Spain  Jamaica        1-0   Caribbean 99 Rd 1
27   1  24   11- 6-99   Port of Spain  Haiti          6-1   Caribbean 99 Sf
28   1  25   13- 6-99   Port of Spain  Cuba           2-1   Caribbean 99 Final
29   3  28    8- 9-99   Miami          Colombia       4-3
30   2  30   17-11-99   Tegucigalpa    Honduras       2-3
31      30    7- 5-00   Port of Spain  Haiti          3-1   World Cup Qualifier
32      30   19- 5-00   Port au Prince Haiti          1-1   World Cup Qualifier
33      30    8- 7-00   Port of Spain  Jamaica        2-4
34      30    3- 9-00   Port of Spain  Canada         4-0   World Cup Qualifier
35   1  31   25- 2-01   Grand Cayman   Cayman Isl.    3-0
36      31   28- 2-01   Kingston       Jamaica        0-1   World Cup Qualifier
37      31   24- 3-01   Port of Spain  Guatemala      3-1
38      31   28- 3-01   Alajuela       Costa Rica     0-3   World Cup Qualifier
39      31   25- 4-01   Port of Spain  Mexico         1-1   World Cup Qualifier
40   2  33   15- 5-01   Arima          Barbados       5-0   Caribbean 2001 Rd 1
41      33   17- 5-01   Port of Spain  Jamaica        2-1   Caribbean 2001 Rd 1
42   1  34   22- 5-01   Port of Spain  Cuba           2-0   Caribbean 2001 Sf
43      34   25- 5-01   Port of Spain  Haiti          3-0
44      34   10- 6-01   S.Francisco(P) Panama         0-0
45   1  35   16- 6-01   Port of Spain  Honduras       2-4   World Cup
46      35   20- 6-01   Boston         USA            0-2   World Cup Qualifier
47   2  37   23- 6-01   Prospect       Bermuda        5-0
48   1  38   30- 6-01   Port of Spain  Jamaica        1-2   World Cup
49      38    1- 9-01   Port of Spain  Costa Rica     0-2   World Cup Qualifier
50      38    5- 9-01   Mexico City    Mexico         0-3   World Cup Qualifier
51   1  39    7-10-01   San Pedro Sula Honduras       1-0   World Cup
52      39   11-11-01   Port of Spain  USA            0-0   World Cup
53   1  40   20- 1-02   Miami          Costa Rica     1-1   Gold Cup Rd 1
54      40   22- 1-02   Miami          Martinique     0-1   Gold Cup Rd 1
55   1  41   26- 3-03   Port of Spain  Antigua        2-0   Gold Cup Qualifier
56   1  42   28- 3-03   Tunapuna       Guadeloupe     1-0   Gold Cup
57   1  43   30- 3-03   Marabella      Cuba           1-3   Gold Cup Qualifier
58   2  45    3- 7-03   Port of Spain  Venezuela      2-2 
59      45   10- 9-03   Marrakesh      Morocco        0-2
60   1  46   31- 3-04   Cairo          Egypt          1-2
61   2  48   23- 5-04   West Bromwich  Iraq           2-0
62   1  49   30- 5-04   Edinburgh      Scotland       1-4
63      49    6- 6-04   Bacolet        N. Ireland     0-3
64   1  50   13- 6-04   Santo Domingo  Dominican Rep. 2-0   World Cup
65   1  51   20- 6-04   Marabella      Dominican Rep. 4-0   World Cup 
66      51   18- 8-04   Kingstown      St.Vincent/Gr. 2-0   World Cup
67   1  52    4- 9-04   Basseterre     St.Kitts/Nevis 2-1   World Cup
68   1  53    8- 9-04   Port of Spain  Mexico         1-3   World Cup Qualifier
69   2  55   10-10-04   Marabella      St.Kitts/Nevis 5-1   World Cup
70      55   13-10-04   Puebla         Mexico         0-3   World Cup Qualifier
71      55    1- 2-05   Port of Spain  Haiti          1-0
72   1  56    3- 2-05   Port of Spain  Haiti          2-1
73      56    6- 2-05   Scarborough    Haiti          0-1
74      56    9- 2-05   Port of Spain  United States  1-2   World Cup
75      56   26- 3-05   Cd. Guatemala  Guatemala      1-5   World Cup
76      56   30- 3-05   Port of Spain  Costa Rica     0-0   World Cup
77   1  57   25- 5-05   Port of Spain  Bermuda        4-0
78   1  58   27- 5-05   Marabella      Bermuda        1-0
79   1  59    4- 6-05   Port of Spain  Panama         2-0   World Cup
80      59    8- 6-05   Monterrey      Mexico         0-2   World Cup Qualifier
81      59    6- 7-05   Miami          Honduras       1-1   Gold Cup
82      59   10- 7-05   Miami          Panama         2-2   Gold Cup
83      59   12- 7-05   Miami          Colombia       0-2   Gold Cup
84      59   17- 8-05   East Hartford  United States  0-1   World Cup
85   2  61    3- 9-05   Port of Spain  Guatemala      3-2   World Cup Qual.
86      61    7- 9-05   San José       Costa Rica     0-2   World Cup Qual.
87   1  62    8-10-05   Cd. de Panamá  Panama         1-0   World Cup
88   2  64   12-10-05   Port of Spain  Mexico         2-1   World Cup Qual.
89      64   12-11-05   Port of Spain  Bahrain        1-1   World Cup Qual.
90      64   16-11-05   Manama         Bahrain        1-0   World Cup Qual.
91      64    1- 3-06   London         Iceland        2-0
92      64   10-05-06   Port of Spain  Peru           1-1

Total record

Matches  Won Draw Lost  For Against  Points  Percentage
    92    46  12   34   160 - 118      104     56.52

Types of Goals
                     Matches Goals   
Friendlies             31      23
World Cup Qualifiers   38      18
Gold Cup                7       3   
Gold Cup Qualifiers     3       3
Caribbean Cup          13      17

Total                  92      64
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 09:22:29 PM by Patterson »

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 31, 2006, 09:25:54 PM »
now for all d ppl who say kenweyne jones not getting a fair chance... let's look at his club record...
he played in the same division as stern last season, started the season with a settled place with his team unlike Stern, overall PLAYED MORE GAMES THAN STERN AND SCORED LEST THAN HALF THE GOALS STERN SCORED IN THE SEASON [bTRUE OR FALSE?][/b]
SHOULD WE START HIM OVER STERN????

now, as for all d peopl who say Stern dont do shit... in the Peru game, Latas throw away in d first mintue, who set him up, I GUESS IT WASN'T STERN JOHN?

in the wales game latas curl a shot wide, who set him, I GUESS IT WASN'T STERN JOHN CUZ ALL HE DOES DO IS THROW AWAY RIGHT???'

Stern John is not the best player to watch, he may not seem to be the most hardworking striker on teh team buh he is head and shoulders the best easily...

Now he play shit 2day, i eh go lie, buh i eh see the whole game, it's easy to say we should play somebody else, buh when he's on his game he's the best, it's a friendly not the end of the world, the whole team looked lackluster fromw hat i saw, buh we created chances and at least he got into positions to take dem, tho he didn't, let's see if we could move on from here...
i telling ppl i wouldn't know how well we'd do until saturday...

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 31, 2006, 09:47:19 PM »
Touches point taken though, yuh have to score goals at this level.  Latas missing to much too.  As it relates to Beenie I honestly believe that Beenie have an ace up his sleeve.  He has too because our players aren't as good as our opposition. simple:  I feel Beenie's Ace is a feller called Cornel Glen. I feel he resting Glen on purpose to make him hungry and to surprise England because Rio can't run with Glen.  Since we don't have the players maybe we should have a plan.  What if nuttin ain't wrong with Dog knee or Cornel?  Would we be the first team to use the media to through teams off?  I'll beat that against Czech Beenie ent do nuttin special.  T&T team done pic fellas all this is mind games and exercise.  I feel so.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 31, 2006, 10:11:45 PM »
TnT wagon hit ah speed bump and throw real man off dey. Damn that was hard to watch, but its even harder to read some of these post today. Like some man ready to sell dem ticket to Germany all kinda ah ting. Man cussing and complaining, is like ah who cuss more cares more mentality.

We lost 3-1 to Slovania, a team that beat Italy in WCQ. It have ah man yesterday who lost his chance to play in the world cup (spann) and he take it in a better stride. But we get our ass handed to us by a better side and the forum denegrates, with man fighting against man.

One man sounding as doh he proud that he always knew that Kenwyne is a shithound, that is nothing to be proud of bredda man. Another post dragging Bleeder thru de mud. I for one want the youths to do well, I want Stern to do well, I want us to do well. And I am pretty sure you want the same too, but emotions are hard to control.

That game was hard to watch and a poor performance overall. And everything is not well in TnT football camp, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. I am not happy with how Stern and the defence played today, but hopefully they can learn from it in a short space of time.

Ya know..... de ting about a wagon is..... it slow!!!!!!  so when yuh fall off.....  just run real fast and jump back on again....

IF

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream--and not make dreams your master,
If you can think--and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

R. Kipling

« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 10:25:56 PM by marcus »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 31, 2006, 10:27:21 PM »
i like de bull pistle  :devil:

So, dize wha a bull pistle look like?!?  wheeeeeeeey, ah really did'n know what it look like even tho I felt one a long time ago when a police in San 'do hit meh wit one an ah end up runnin' full speed to de hospital to get treatment...........but de Doctor tell meh ah shoulda go San Fernando General Hospital, ah didn't have to run all de way to Port Of Spain.  I feel if yuh lash dem men wit DAT.......dey go beat Brazil an' all!!    ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 31, 2006, 10:52:43 PM »
Touches u is someting else.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 31, 2006, 10:53:24 PM »
Jefferz what is Dwight Yorke's international scoring record?  What is Stern's?  Does it matter what goals Dwight scored for a club?  How many of those goals can help T&T win a game?  IT IS T&T INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE.

Here is Dwight Yorke's T&T international striking record:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 goals.

Who has the better scoring record for T&T?  Therefore who is more valueable as a striker for T&T (not ManU get your mind off goals that don't count for T&T)?  The thing is, both Yorke and Stern played on the same messed up T&T teams over the years (featuring poor midfielders to feed strikers), but who scored the most for T&T?
JEFFERZ, YOU ARE THE COMPLETE MORON.

Well here's the million dollar question:After proving that stern is so much of better at striking for T&T how come they ent call out stern to play for man u or aston villa or blackburn rovers or lemme see hear taking sydney fc to a championship,and by the way the rest of the world Knows about dwight yorke ah never hear them talk about stern,maybe at times recently with lower league coventry,so it's not who striking more for T&T but who's the better overall player and my vote is:DWIGHT YORKE.    

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 31, 2006, 11:06:17 PM »
I just find it hard to believe that people here are honestly believing in the "playing dead to catch cobbo" explanation. People, the team playing shyte, some of the players aren't good enough for this level, some players aren't pulling their weight. That's it!!! Blind faith in the coach ain't gonna cut it either. We would all like to believe that Beenie has a master plan but, with a little more than a week to go, things aint looking too bright.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 11:10:29 PM by Cantona007 »
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 31, 2006, 11:31:36 PM »
Touches point taken though, yuh have to score goals at this level.  Latas missing to much too.  As it relates to Beenie I honestly believe that Beenie have an ace up his sleeve.  He has too because our players aren't as good as our opposition. simple:  I feel Beenie's Ace is a feller called Cornel Glen. I feel he resting Glen on purpose to make him hungry and to surprise England because Rio can't run with Glen.  Since we don't have the players maybe we should have a plan.  What if nuttin ain't wrong with Dog knee or Cornel?  Would we be the first team to use the media to through teams off?  I'll beat that against Czech Beenie ent do nuttin special.  T&T team done pic fellas all this is mind games and exercise.  I feel so.
you hit de nail on de head perfectly dey fadder..only thing is glen was really injured..but he's been fully fit since the day before de wales game...and after talking to de man tonight..I'm taking back everything i said in my earlier posts in this thread...Mr.Beenhacker you is really a boss..and last but not least  watch de drama come saturday :o

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee

Care to expand on this.. PM me and give me de zeppo nuh..!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>