March 28, 2024, 10:04:44 AM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 295674 times)

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: #14 IS D WORSE TING IN A TUGS
« Reply #540 on: June 01, 2006, 11:38:30 AM »
I loved your post supporter hahahahaha!! Let's all go skipping in the park hahahahah.

J.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 01, 2006, 11:43:34 AM »
I wonder if men really, really, really, really believe dat there is some kinda 'master plan" de coach could possibly reveal, to make dis team improve by the leaps and bounds it will require, to beat England and Sweden in the next couple weeks.

Men talk bout miracles and good luck. And I here wondering, where the hell is miracles and good luck when people starving to death all over the place and people gettin lick-up everyday. So why is de Trini football team so deserving dat miracles and good luck go suddenly spring to the rescue in the next couple weeks.

The fact is, this same team that lost to Wales and got ran over by Slovenia, would mash-up St. Vincent, Grenada and Panama. But the teams we tackling now, and the ones on our horizon, are not St. Vincent, Grenada and Panama. Hell, they even struggled with Bahrain. beenie man doh have no magic wand. De players he working with only have their current capabilities. This team could only do so good. Men here have taken into consideration that we qualified for the WC and used that fact to project expectations far beyond this team's capabilities. Oh gosh, just look at how we qualified nah. Yuh go see my point. this team coulda never, never, run with the world's elite teams, not even the world's mid-level teams. All yuh does call the US ah shit team, and we cyah even beat dem.

Dem fellas doing dey best out dey. What yuh seein is dey best. Accept it or not, dat is dey best. But doh matter what, is still we team. So f*ck it. Let we try and enjoy de ride regardless. Make noise and show we support. But we have lix to get.

Go ahead, call me ah waggonist. I doh give ah f*&k. I talkin de trute.  
Toujour Pret!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #542 on: June 01, 2006, 11:51:49 AM »
Alright lemme state meh stance once and for all.

I find Stern is a Shithound.

His past record means nothing to me.

I does get upset watching him throw away chances that men sweat they arse off to create.

I doe like he attitude on the field to he fellow players and to the fans.

I find like he does move like he doe try and he does be coasting in we national colours.

I find Stern even when he score doe be playing good and I wish he would work on other aspects of his game.

No one ever raise my pressure like he.....make me cuss like he.

It is because I so want him and the TT team to do well that I does get vex so.

That said....

He is our top scorer.

He have TT where we are.....and yes I am eternally greatful to him and his contribution.

yuh call de man a shtihound buh yet still yuh eternally gratefull make up yuh mind .Ah rather have a man dat does throw way some and score some dan a player dat doh score at all and bottom line is Stern does score ..now is time to appreciate not to hate all who want to hate do it after de WC... ah know some ah all yuh cyar wait for we to fail to jump on Stern case and say  Stern dis and Stern dat buh all yuh shud  at least give de brother praise and his just due for getting us to dis far.Next 50 years I guarantee yuh when dey talk bout this team Stern John name will be the name mention as de one that took TnT to their 1st WC.....doubt dat nah!!!!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #543 on: June 01, 2006, 11:53:43 AM »
Since Stern eh no good again.... I ask one question ...Who else scores goals for TnT?  not who else can score buh who actually scores and doh tell meh no bull sh!t bout he de does play all de time so he must score because it ha many times other strikers play , so who else is TnT big scorer ????? eh ????

Doh take on dem men breda. I wonder if some of these does even think. I would concede that it never wise to blindly support anybody but it is even less wise to throw away silver because it is not gold. Let's put a few things into perspective. For all of the noise being made we seem to forget that this country only has 1.3 million people. We never qualified for the World Cup before 2005 and our pedigree in this, the WORLD'S Game has never been formidable. Perhaps flex or palos could help me out here but how many professionals do we have ,and how many of them are decent enough to play international football ? More specifically ,how many strikers do we have who can realistically perform well when we face Sweden, England and Paraguay. All kinds of crazy names can be generated form that question.

Here is my opinion. A coach with nothing short of a World Class CV and reputation came to this country with such limited human capital in comparision to most of the teams in the hex and moved this team from 1 point after 3 to 13 points after 10. Along the way there were no crazy names playing striker, there was only Stern John who scored 6 goals in 7 games. If this coach watching men in every training session could consistently pick you it is probably a good indication that you are most valuable player to your team in that position.

I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't even like the way Stern plays but the facts cannot escape my logic .THE MAN SCORES GOALS. Dem men who want to move Stern thinking in the wonderful world of if. The man is the leading goal scorer in the nation's history. He scored 90 % of all the clutch goals during qualifying and men still want to give him the axe. My God !

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 01, 2006, 11:56:39 AM »
Slates,

I like the post but I have to disagree with just one lil point.

THAT IS NOT THE BEST THEM FELLAS COULD PLAY.

All of them could give more, all of them could put out more and even if we get licks one they showing effort I go be happy.

Remember the 2-0 vs mexico and we was proud of the fellas....We could lose and keep we head high.

But we losing and yuh could see we playing tata.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 01, 2006, 11:58:44 AM »
So berris why I cyar be greatful to a shithound?

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: #14 without him NO WC
« Reply #546 on: June 01, 2006, 12:00:52 PM »
Yeah but if he aint performing what are we suppose to do? :'(

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 01, 2006, 12:03:41 PM »
Since Stern eh no good again.... I ask one question ...Who else scores goals for TnT?  not who else can score buh who actually scores and doh tell meh no bull sh!t bout he de does play all de time so he must score because it ha many times other strikers play , so who else is TnT big scorer ????? eh ????

Well up to yesterday and for the bahrain legs it was Birchall and lawrence.

Berris lemme tell yuh this.

Stern have we where we is.......... as well as have we where we is.

I resign myself to the fact that if he doe score we doe win.

But what wrong with telling him he playing shit and need to buck up.

Even when Stern score he does fret yuh.....you want to talk bout game and history.

When he miss dat penalty vs mexico what yuh was saying then?

Stern coulda had we in the 2002 WC if he did convert he chances den.

Had Stern also converted all he chances we woulda be tru in the 2nd or third spot and not even play Bahrain.

When he get the 1 chance vs Robinson I hope he convert......for his sake and for the nation.

A created opportunity is nothing without the finish.

This is not the time for hard luck...better next time!

It is time to Deliver!......show we that yuh ready and show we yuh in form.

This is not only for Stern this is for every player on the side. get alyuh act together.

But Stern has been given the most amount of leeway....for want of a better word, given his performances.

If any other player were given the same opportunity he has to play shit and still know yuh starting next game yuh does ask yuhself what if?

u really blaming stern for us not making d 2002 WC?????????????????

im thinking  ur just a hater :-[

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 01, 2006, 12:04:19 PM »
sprog that is the question of the day. 

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 01, 2006, 12:05:22 PM »
who else is going to score??

why didnt scotty score his??

why didnt collin score his in wales

why didnt jones score his in wales??

stern john is a god send to trinidad

no one supports him harder than me

i aint sayin he cudna a score dem chances but is it stern john againts slovenia of tnt vs slovenia

i go stay with his hold up play

his running into space

his immaculate touch

his poachers instinct any day befor i start sumone else

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 01, 2006, 12:07:49 PM »
[yuh call de man a shtihound buh yet still yuh eternally gratefull make up yuh mind .Ah rather have a man dat does throw way some and score some dan a player dat doh score at all and bottom line is Stern does score ..now is time to appreciate not to hate all who want to hate do it after de WC... ah know some ah all yuh cyar wait for we to fail to jump on Stern case and say  Stern dis and Stern dat buh all yuh shud  at least give de brother praise and his just due for getting us to dis far.Next 50 years I guarantee yuh when dey talk bout this team Stern John name will be the name mention as de one that took TnT to their 1st WC.....doubt dat nah!!!!

So when ah man and ah woman together for five years and she horn him in the fifth, he should be grateful for the four good years and keep she? rubbish, send she tail packing .A striker, infact a footballer is as good as his last performance, case close.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 01, 2006, 12:10:45 PM »

So when ah man and ah woman together for five years and she horn him in the fifth, he should be grateful for the four good years and keep she? rubbish, send she tail packing .A striker, infact a footballer is as good as his last performance, case close.

Sprog ah go fawking dead!!  :rotfl:

Rubbish... Send she tail packing yes!! LOL
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #552 on: June 01, 2006, 12:10:50 PM »

I eh say yuh cyar be gratefull to ah shithound buh ah guess yuh have to be a shithound to be be gratefull to one .....
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 01, 2006, 12:12:53 PM »
[yuh call de man a shtihound buh yet still yuh eternally gratefull make up yuh mind .Ah rather have a man dat does throw way some and score some dan a player dat doh score at all and bottom line is Stern does score ..now is time to appreciate not to hate all who want to hate do it after de WC... ah know some ah all yuh cyar wait for we to fail to jump on Stern case and say  Stern dis and Stern dat buh all yuh shud  at least give de brother praise and his just due for getting us to dis far.Next 50 years I guarantee yuh when dey talk bout this team Stern John name will be the name mention as de one that took TnT to their 1st WC.....doubt dat nah!!!!

wow, that is most piece of sh*t i ever heard. so when u at work an u have one bad day, im guessing u expecting to get fired???

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 01, 2006, 12:13:49 PM »
it songs like the hex all over again, especialyy after we played the US....

i said it then and i say it now....

I BELIEVE IN STERN...

KENWEYNE JONES IS COSTUME JEWELLRY... he's not ready...

and touches what chances you tallking bout in 2002 qualifers... hoss our attack was extremely lackluster in dat hex, speaking of which i remember a certain shitsnake hitting a honduran a spanner den hitting it to the inside corner with his left foot for our only win of that tourney... ah well, we trinis have short memories...

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 01, 2006, 12:17:22 PM »
[So when ah man and ah woman together for five years and she horn him in the fifth, he should be grateful for the four good years and keep she? rubbish, send she tail packing . case close.

NAH!!!
I had to log back een for dat one.  :rotfl:
Ah could feel de venom with which dat statement is TYPED, like it happen for real  :rotfl:
Toujour Pret!

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 01, 2006, 12:19:31 PM »
[yuh call de man a shtihound buh yet still yuh eternally gratefull make up yuh mind .Ah rather have a man dat does throw way some and score some dan a player dat doh score at all and bottom line is Stern does score ..now is time to appreciate not to hate all who want to hate do it after de WC... ah know some ah all yuh cyar wait for we to fail to jump on Stern case and say  Stern dis and Stern dat buh all yuh shud  at least give de brother praise and his just due for getting us to dis far.Next 50 years I guarantee yuh when dey talk bout this team Stern John name will be the name mention as de one that took TnT to their 1st WC.....doubt dat nah!!!!

wow, that is most piece of sh*t i ever heard. so when u at work an u have one bad day, im guessing u expecting to get fired???

No but i am guessing any good supervisor, will give you a rap on the knuckles for repetitive sub par perfomances, in soccer i guess that's the bench.That is why clubs like Real Madrid who want to keep sweating raul will never excel, sometimes you have to acknowledge when your heroes are failing you and rest or replace them. Your house must be full ah one set ah old appliance boy? Grow up and wise up, Lawd!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #557 on: June 01, 2006, 12:22:47 PM »

I don't know how that analogy found its way into a football disscussion. None of the variables are compatible. You equate a national top scorer missing some chances and perhaps half chances in a friendly to woman horning a man and then you say, case close. Steups !

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 01, 2006, 12:23:12 PM »
who not performing stern come nah man. if u was down ond e defense i mighter suport u but de man scoring allyuh cnat expoect him to score every chance he get no one does dat. the man scoring..we need other peope besides hima nd birchie to score regulalrly now and we defense to act liek that ah defense and nto like they selling guns

Organic yuh have 2 remember is Trinis yuh talking to, Stern have to score every match for dem or he eh good , and there are times he  does score every  match, like panama, hondurus and mexico buh when he eh score he's ah shithound yuh must realize we as Trinis doh recognize what we have until they gone we only know how to pong we own and doh know when to give praise.....we is de only nation dat qualify for de world cup and and finding fault with we team and putting dem down ...like we expect now we qualify we have to beat Brazil or we is shithounds all de time we just glad to qualify buh now people expect miracles and if dey doh happen we have ah shit team ..by some of the negative post on here yuh go tink TnT  better off not going to de WC ....only ah bunch ah negative vibes ...
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 01, 2006, 12:23:40 PM »
but by essence what u saying is, that if a man play d worst game of his life despite having having pllayed exceptionally, head and shoulders above d rest of the team ( i not saying this is stern) and cuz he had one bad game yuh go buss he throat, hoss u tallk rel shit dey...

No but i am guessing any good supervisor, will give you a rap on the knuckles for repetitive sub par perfomances, in soccer i guess that's the bench.That is why clubs like Real Madrid who want to keep sweating raul will never excel, sometimes you have to acknowledge when your heroes are failing you and rest or replace them. Your house must be full ah one set ah old appliance boy? Grow up and wise up, Lawd!
hoss so what u saying is if a man play d worst game of his life after playing d best in his team for d whole year he automatically getting drop ( i not saying this applys to stern..., hoss u talk shit dey....
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:29:31 PM by Arazi »

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 01, 2006, 12:28:43 PM »

I don't know how that analogy found its way into a football disscussion. None of the variables are compatible. You equate a national top scorer missing some chances and perhaps half chances in a friendly to woman horning a man and then you say, case close. Steups !

all yuh totally missing the point, i am saying gratitude and emotions should never be a factor when selecting and/or conducting an analysis on a football team. That is why Germany wise up now there want results so they had to remove Kahn as the number one keeper, Lehman better than him for a little while now but Kahn is the hero.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 01, 2006, 12:29:25 PM »
The title of the thread is NOT called for
if allya dont like how a player plays, could you have some CLASS in your critisism of that player who is wearing our National team Kit.
It makes me sad that we feel we have to drop to the lowest common denominator and come up with that title.
REALLY people have some CLASS. Come on allya really think that is OK ???

Well pardna, do I have some advise for you.
Get yourself a wad of tissue... and keep it close over the next few days... and weeks, becuz you will need it. It bout to RAIN sadness. :rotfl:
Toujour Pret!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 01, 2006, 12:31:01 PM »

I eh say yuh cyar be gratefull to ah shithound buh ah guess yuh have to be a shithound to be be gratefull to one .....

Try and doe lump me and Stern in the same boat please......thanks.

Berris if Stern is yuh Boy...If you is Stern posting under the handle Berris. If yuh is he family or friend.

Just let him know for me he playing shit and he have to take his chance when it comes.

Respectfully submitted.

Touches

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 01, 2006, 12:32:14 PM »
who not performing stern come nah man. if u was down ond e defense i mighter suport u but de man scoring allyuh cnat expoect him to score every chance he get no one does dat. the man scoring..we need other peope besides hima nd birchie to score regulalrly now and we defense to act liek that ah defense and nto like they selling guns

Organic yuh have 2 remember is Trinis yuh talking to, Stern have to score every match for dem or he eh good , and there are times he  does score every  match, like panama, hondurus and mexico buh when he eh score he's ah shithound yuh must realize we as Trinis doh recognize what we have until they gone we only know how to pong we own and doh know when to give praise.....we is de only nation dat qualify for de world cup and and finding fault with we team and putting dem down ...like we expect now we qualify we have to beat Brazil or we is shithounds all de time we just glad to qualify buh now people expect miracles and if dey doh happen we have ah shit team ..by some of the negative post on here yuh go tink TnT  better off not going to de WC ....only ah bunch ah negative vibes ...

All I want is de boys to go out have heart and do their best.Thus far in the friendlys we have not seen it.(I know experimenting etc but de concentarion lapses should not be there at this stage).
Yes we might hold some licks if we play our best but at least we will get respect from the rest of the football world etc and de fellahs could hold dey head high..talk done

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 01, 2006, 12:32:33 PM »

[.

Im not going to lie that is a very  good point.But d fact of the matter is that stern is the best we have, trinidad is not real madrid, we dont have no robhino on d bench waiting to come on. we have jones and he not ready yet. also y is men calling for stern to bench when he have a bad games an no one calling  on andrews or any of the other defenders to bench, we have to be one of the weakest defences in d world cup. if u want to critcize be fair dont single out one man
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:35:13 PM by prodigy23 »

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 01, 2006, 12:33:37 PM »
Alright lemme state meh stance once and for all.

I find Stern is a Shithound.

His past record means nothing to me.

I does get upset watching him throw away chances that men sweat they arse off to create.

I doe like he attitude on the field to he fellow players and to the fans.

I find like he does move like he doe try and he does be coasting in we national colours.

I find Stern even when he score doe be playing good and I wish he would work on other aspects of his game.

No one ever raise my pressure like he.....make me cuss like he.

It is because I so want him and the TT team to do well that I does get vex so.

That said....

He is our top scorer.

He have TT where we are.....and yes I am eternally greatful to him and his contribution.

that is a good post... i would go as far to say that he is a shithound . but o gorm man.....give jones the chance... i reading man saying jones is a shit hound...... :o   what part... jones could play every position on the field. the man is a boss....

it is hurt me to watch matches where John not running and if yuh doh put the ball to he foot.. he done play.....i thought that was over in the mexico game.. but it like it come back.
No matter how many goals the man score... he not performing like he want to add to that total .. so show him.. let someone else try...if they throw way.. that suppose to hurt him from the bench when he see it. How alyuh go follow a player blindly...."well he have so many goals so he hadda be we saviour"        them goals he score in Gold Cup and Shell Cup  in 9? mean nuthin now... how many he score against Jamaica and cuba or even the US mean nuthin......if yuh not performing, give many chances presently, give another the SAME oppotunity, not 30 mins less or as a left wing or withdrawn striker.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 01, 2006, 12:34:41 PM »

Sprog ah really sorry yuh geh butt in the 5th year buh yuh getting off de topic we eh trying to hear bout yuh love life dat eh ha nuttin to do wid wha we talking bout ....ah hope Stern is not de man dah give yuh de horn and daiz why yuh doh like him.....no wonder yuh doh like he scoring record l: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 01, 2006, 12:35:08 PM »
WestCoast if yuh offended by the title....yuh shoulda read meh match report bout yuh player a few months ago...complete with toilet, snake and goat images.

Check the archives nah see what yuh dig up.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 01, 2006, 12:35:31 PM »
i think you guys have it wrong, you ever notice that the people that can anger you the most is the ones you love and care for the most, well its like that for us and the team. We know what they are capable of individually and as a team so when we see lacklustre performances like yesterday we feel hurt but not just hurt, deeply hurt. So we love our team and all pray for success at the WC but you cant help but feel frustrated when you seeing the same mistakes which have been posted on this forum a many a times.

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 01, 2006, 12:39:33 PM »
i think you guys have it wrong, you ever notice that the people that can anger you the most is the ones you love and care for the most, well its like that for us and the team. We know what they are capable of individually and as a team so when we see lacklustre performances like yesterday we feel hurt but not just hurt, deeply hurt. So we love our team and all pray for success at the WC but you cant help but feel frustrated when you seeing the same mistakes which have been posted on this forum a many a times.

true. but its more frustrating when guys here single out one guy for d failure of d 23 man  TEAM.

1]; } ?>