March 29, 2024, 03:10:29 AM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 295805 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: #14 IS D WORSE TING IN A TUGS
« Reply #660 on: June 06, 2006, 07:25:50 PM »
put it this way Stern cud score 100000000 goals for TnT and man go still be hatin .... all yuh really believe Stern score 65 goals for TnT by FLUKE ,ok ah give all yuh de benifit ah de doubt leh we say all he goals score by FLUKE ..well ah still taking 65 FLUKES anyday before glenn.jones,samuels whoever on de squad  ...oh gawd man all yuh real unreasonable or just plain dohtish  ...ah mean is one ting to give constructive criticizm buh to try and justify benching TnT leading goal scorer up to date and counting by far,becuz 'he does throway too much'
imo is pure ignorance as all strikers does throway but not all does score 65 goals.When Stern stop scoring goals all yuh cud call for he head but right now he is de only striker on TnT  that Sweden, England and Paraguay know cud put water in dey eye,yuh really tink dem fellas worried bout  Cornell and Jones .

Yuh no we trinis is real pressure yes ,allyuh no everything,listen meh brother marco van basten was the best at scoring goals in his time at club level,similar to what stern did in the mls and for T&T in the concacaf region,but where the two are mostly similar is when yuh put them to play for there country against top international teams,they could,nt make the grade,plain and simple

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: starters...logical??
« Reply #661 on: June 06, 2006, 07:46:26 PM »
now stern has been huge for us when needed..... and i am not lashing out against him...but as a striker his work rate is poor.....and he does not run at the defence to threaten dem in anyway, he simply waits for the ball to be at his convenience to decide to play....now against the teams we are facing wud it be more sensible to start with Kenwyne or Cornell or scotty even who young fresh andwill run at the defenceand also work fuh d ball......

wah yal;l; thuink?

I liked how you put it basically I agree with you. ;)

I have been called negative a Stern hater and some other things on this site and elsewhere but this is my point.

The man has an incredible record. Yes it may be because he plays every game but he only gives 55% Imagine how good the man will be and how much less aspirin I will have to take if he even gives 80%.

All I ask of the man is to give more. Run more complain less. And he will reach greatness we as a team will be great.

In the Bahrain game in Bahrain was the first time I actually saw Stern run down the ball and reach past the halfway line he actually was playing defence. Honestly all knocks aside he didn't score in that game but I was happy with his performance cause he gave 100% he ran after everything I almost cried.

I will be silly to think that a striker is supposed to score in every match, but at this level you should not be consistently missing the easy goals.

Anyway we have a few more days to go so I going to give Stern a rest, stop watching the cardboard cutout of him in hilo cross and stop planning to tip it over in frustration and mind you is not frustration over the fact that I do not like the man. Like has nothing to do with it but he could work harder. It is time we stop settling. I am frustrated because I believe in my team and as a result I believe in him.

Good Luck to all the warriors out there God bless and give 200% ;D ;D

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 05:58:52 PM by oconnorg »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 06, 2006, 07:57:25 PM »
Yuh no we trinis is real pressure yes ,allyuh no everything,listen meh brother marco van basten was the best at scoring goals in his time at club level,similar to what stern did in the mls and for T&T in the concacaf region,but where the two are mostly similar is when yuh put them to play for there country against top international teams,they could,nt make the grade,plain and simple

THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE LAST TIME I POSTING IN THIS SHIT THREAD BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO CONTRIBUTE TO IT BEING TOP OF THE LIST ON THE EVE OF OUR MATCH AGAINST SWEDEN
Saga, tell me what TOP international teams Stern didn't score against. While you at it, tell me what TOP international teams Trinidad ever play...Thirdly, tell me how many OTHER trinidadians score against these same top teams

Let me answer me own question.
 1   1   1   15- 2-95   Port of Spain  Finland        2-1  
 2       1   29-11-95   Port of Spain  Norway         3-2  
 8       6   24-11-96   Port of Spain  USA            0-1   World Cup Qualifier
18      10    4- 2-98   Oakland        Mexico         2-4   Gold Cup 98 Rd 1
25   1  22    6- 5-99   Port of Spain  South Africa   2-0
29   3  28    8- 9-99   Miami          Colombia       4-3
39      31   25- 4-01   Port of Spain  Mexico         1-1   World Cup Qualifier
46      35   20- 6-01   Boston         USA            0-2   World Cup Qualifier
50      38    5- 9-01   Mexico City    Mexico         0-3   World Cup Qualifier
52      39   11-11-01   Port of Spain  USA            0-0   World Cup Qualifier  
59      45   10- 9-03   Marrakesh      Morocco        0-2
60   1  46   31- 3-04   Cairo          Egypt          1-2
62   1  49   30- 5-04   Edinburgh      Scotland       1-4
68   1  53    8- 9-04   Port of Spain  Mexico         1-3   World Cup Qualifier
70      55   13-10-04   Puebla         Mexico         0-3   World Cup Qualifier
74      56    9- 2-05   Port of Spain  United States  1-2   World Cup Qualifier
80      59    8- 6-05   Monterrey      Mexico         0-2   World Cup Qualifier
83      59   12- 7-05   Miami          Colombia       0-2   Gold Cup
84      59   17- 8-05   East Hartford  United States  0-1   World Cup Qualifier
88   2  64   12-10-05   Port of Spain  Mexico         2-1   World Cup Qual.
91      64    1- 3-06   London         Iceland        2-0
92      64   10-05-06   Port of Spain  Peru           1-1

Thats 11 in 28 if you include the last official matches. better than a goal every three matches. I even left you the benefit of the doubt by taking away the matches against Venezuala (where he scored) and leaving those against Peru (where he didn't)
If by world class you mean the US, yes, Stern cannot score against World Class opposition. If by World Class you mean Czech and Slovenia (once each) yes Stern cannot score against World Class. opposition... Now I want to count how many goals we get outside of Stern's against this same World Class opposition

STEUPS - THIS THREAD IS WORLD CLASS BS...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #663 on: June 06, 2006, 08:26:16 PM »

THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE LAST TIME I POSTING IN THIS SHIT THREAD BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO CONTRIBUTE TO IT BEING TOP OF THE LIST ON THE EVE OF OUR MATCH AGAINST SWEDEN
Saga, tell me what TOP international teams Stern didn't score against. While you at it, tell me what TOP international teams Trinidad ever play...Thirdly, tell me how many OTHER trinidadians score against these same top teams

1   1   1   15- 2-95   Port of Spain  Finland        2-1   
 2       1   29-11-95   Port of Spain  Norway         3-2   
 8       6   24-11-96   Port of Spain  USA            0-1   World Cup Qualifier
18      10    4- 2-98   Oakland        Mexico         2-4   Gold Cup 98 Rd 1
25   1  22    6- 5-99   Port of Spain  South Africa   2-0
29   3  28    8- 9-99   Miami          Colombia       4-3
39      31   25- 4-01   Port of Spain  Mexico         1-1   World Cup Qualifier
46      35   20- 6-01   Boston         USA            0-2   World Cup Qualifier
50      38    5- 9-01   Mexico City    Mexico         0-3   World Cup Qualifier
52      39   11-11-01   Port of Spain  USA            0-0   World Cup Qualifier 
59      45   10- 9-03   Marrakesh      Morocco        0-2
60   1  46   31- 3-04   Cairo          Egypt          1-2
62   1  49   30- 5-04   Edinburgh      Scotland       1-4
68   1  53    8- 9-04   Port of Spain  Mexico         1-3   World Cup Qualifier
70      55   13-10-04   Puebla         Mexico         0-3   World Cup Qualifier
74      56    9- 2-05   Port of Spain  United States  1-2   World Cup Qualifier
80      59    8- 6-05   Monterrey      Mexico         0-2   World Cup Qualifier
83      59   12- 7-05   Miami          Colombia       0-2   Gold Cup
84      59   17- 8-05   East Hartford  United States  0-1   World Cup Qualifier
88   2  64   12-10-05   Port of Spain  Mexico         2-1   World Cup Qual.
91      64    1- 3-06   London         Iceland        2-0
92      64   10-05-06   Port of Spain  Peru           1-1

Thats 11 in 28 if you include the last official matches. better than a goal every three matches. I even left you the benefit of the doubt by taking away the matches against Venezuala (where he scored) and leaving those against Peru (where he didn't)
If by world class you mean the US, yes, Stern cannot score against World Class opposition. If by World Class you mean Czech and Slovenia (once each) yes Stern cannot score against World Class. opposition... Now I want to count how many goals we get outside of Stern's against this same World Class opposition

I couldn't believe saga pinto could make such an erroneous assertion. Why should we berate a man who for all intents and purposes is the best in his position for our national team. To  prove that Stern John is not a world class striker like Ronaldo, Shevchenko or Eto'o. I don't see the point in pinto saying Stern can't make the grade days before the biggest tournament we have ever played in kicks off when the man is perhaps our best hope of scoring goals at the World Cup.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #664 on: June 06, 2006, 08:35:37 PM »

1   1   1   15- 2-95   Port of Spain  Finland        2-1   
 2       1   29-11-95   Port of Spain  Norway         3-2   
 8       6   24-11-96   Port of Spain  USA            0-1   World Cup Qualifier
18      10    4- 2-98   Oakland        Mexico         2-4   Gold Cup 98 Rd 1
25   1  22    6- 5-99   Port of Spain  South Africa   2-0
29   3  28    8- 9-99   Miami          Colombia       4-3
39      31   25- 4-01   Port of Spain  Mexico         1-1   World Cup Qualifier
46      35   20- 6-01   Boston         USA            0-2   World Cup Qualifier
50      38    5- 9-01   Mexico City    Mexico         0-3   World Cup Qualifier
52      39   11-11-01   Port of Spain  USA            0-0   World Cup Qualifier 
59      45   10- 9-03   Marrakesh      Morocco        0-2
60   1  46   31- 3-04   Cairo          Egypt          1-2
62   1  49   30- 5-04   Edinburgh      Scotland       1-4
68   1  53    8- 9-04   Port of Spain  Mexico         1-3   World Cup Qualifier
70      55   13-10-04   Puebla         Mexico         0-3   World Cup Qualifier
74      56    9- 2-05   Port of Spain  United States  1-2   World Cup Qualifier
80      59    8- 6-05   Monterrey      Mexico         0-2   World Cup Qualifier
83      59   12- 7-05   Miami          Colombia       0-2   Gold Cup
84      59   17- 8-05   East Hartford  United States  0-1   World Cup Qualifier
88   2  64   12-10-05   Port of Spain  Mexico         2-1   World Cup Qual.
91      64    1- 3-06   London         Iceland        2-0
92      64   10-05-06   Port of Spain  Peru           1-1

I couldn't believe saga pinto could make such an erroneous assertion. Why should we berate a man who for all intents and purposes is the best in his position for our national team. To  prove that Stern John is not a world class striker like Ronaldo, Shevchenko or Eto'o. I don't see the point in pinto saying Stern can't make the grade days before the biggest tournament we have ever played in kicks off when the man is perhaps our best hope of scoring goals at the World Cup.

funny too... is that Saga is ah rel figures and stastics man... well... when it comes to stern the fiurgives statisctics which to him i would suppose is as hard an evidence as there is... is all for Stern... cant have much of a better record... I think on this site sometimes fellahz dont really satate what they really think and alter there real opinion to cater to what other certain people have already posted... I discussed this with TriniCana for a while actually...

people sometimes jump on the wagon so to speak...

so maybe we shouldnt take it on... poeople go say chupidness.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline trininess

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 06, 2006, 09:53:57 PM »
yall really nuh understanding wah me and saga saying nah.....so men like yall whpo feel yall know everything.....we will leave alone......cuz if yall understood football and played(especially) u wud understand where we coming from....but to each is own......dis is ah time to unite so well unite for now.,....

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #666 on: June 06, 2006, 10:06:21 PM »
yall really nuh understanding wah me and saga saying nah.....so men like yall whpo feel yall know everything.....we will leave alone......cuz if yall understood football and played(especially) u wud understand where we coming from....but to each is own......dis is ah time to unite so well unite for now.,....
funny i play alot of it and you can ask anyone im quite god enough... so much for assumtions eh?

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
Where de hell Stern John...
« Reply #667 on: July 10, 2006, 08:25:24 AM »
...get this putting hand over de heart ting from, during the anthem? I have been meaning to bring dat up for months, since last year.

Every school chile in T&T knows, you stand at attention, with your hands at your side. The whole team doing it, but Stern "love-ah-gallery" John have to be de only one who doh know de customs of his own country and put his hand over his heart. It gets me vex every time I see it. It looks so bad, spoils the pic of the team every time. Sigh.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Where de hell Stern John...
« Reply #668 on: July 10, 2006, 08:58:24 AM »
...get this putting hand over de heart ting from, during the anthem? I have been meaning to bring dat up for months, since last year.

Every school chile in T&T knows, you stand at attention, with your hands at your side. The whole team doing it, but Stern "love-ah-gallery" John have to be de only one who doh know de customs of his own country and put his hand over his heart. It gets me vex every time I see it. It looks so bad, spoils the pic of the team every time. Sigh.

A ....wha else all yuh go come wid boy fust he eh score,den he play shit now what, 'he doh know de customs of his own country' ...you cyar be serious, this have to be a joke ? De man never disrespect the flag or his country and he's not the only football player that places his hand over his heart (if you use to watch international football  on ah regular basis, you would know this ).After years of national team duty you now decide to come up with this bullsh!it,wham yuh cudd'nt fine nothing else more constructive to criticize.steeeuuuppppppppsssi.You sounding like one ah dem 'red trini gyul' that geh break heart from Stern and now yuh have axe tuh grind,after all what is yuh point here that we should take Stern back to school and teach him how to Stand for de national anthem !!!!
.........STEEEEUUUPPPPPS get ah life gyul !!!!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 10, 2006, 09:12:52 AM »
buh wa de jail is dis.... You serious?  Now dat World Cup done some people have nuff time on dey hands..... steups!!!!!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 10, 2006, 09:18:16 AM »
I don't see your point at all. How many times you go to the stadium and people doing everything else but standing at attention for the Anthem. Doh start no chupidness here at all. Respect everyone of them who represented us

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 10, 2006, 10:11:06 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
BUT WHAT DE ASS IS DIS??!!
dat question make my day yes!

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 10, 2006, 10:13:14 AM »
u hadda undastand that as long as you standing upright and still during the anthem that you are doing the correct thing!
Putting your hand on your heart actually shows more respect for the anthem and inturn the country!
u obviously doh watch to much football yes............cuz almost all footballers do that

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 10, 2006, 10:25:43 AM »
After the Warriors strided into history and made all of us proud.... people complaining about Stern John hand on his heart during the Anthem..  Lawd

If anybody else have something irrelevant to say.. just put it in this thread and done instead of starting a new topic and making other forumites mad...
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 10, 2006, 10:33:29 AM »
I fine ALL de players shoulda keep dey shirt tuck in at ALL times
It eh look neat man........on top ah dat not everybody socks was pull up high enough
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: July 10, 2006, 11:07:19 AM »
THIS is a classic case of Majoring in Minors.
 Oh Well, Men/ Women looking for excitement- W/C Tabanca

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 10, 2006, 11:18:21 AM »
Whattap!!!

Take pong  :devil:

NAh to be quite honest, I just waiting on she to cuss Dwight for fumbling the words to the anthem when he singing...  ;D
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 10, 2006, 11:19:47 AM »
It eh look neat man........on top ah dat not everybody socks was pull up high enough

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline rowdy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 10, 2006, 11:20:16 AM »
;D

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 10, 2006, 11:22:10 AM »
REDTRINIGIRL- You have disturbed a hornet's nest, keep that in mind next time you want to bring up another meaningless topic

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 10, 2006, 11:54:15 AM »

why Sancho is de only man in de picture dat have ah dread....he should conform and get ah proper trim like everybody else...It looks so bad, spoils the pic of the team every time.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 10, 2006, 11:58:12 AM »

why Sancho is de only man in de picture dat have ah dread....he should conform and get ah proper trim like everybody else...It looks so bad, spoils the pic of the team every time.

EXACTLY!! THANK YOU!!

..and you mean to tell me birchall coudnt work on he tan ah little bit??..put on ah afro wig or someting?  :-\

He spoilin de contrast fuh people with balck and white flim in dey cyamera man
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 10, 2006, 12:00:17 PM »
this thread is a joke...should be in the joke section.... :rotfl: :rotfl:
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #683 on: July 10, 2006, 12:01:15 PM »

EXACTLY!! THANK YOU!!

..and you mean to tell me birchall coudnt work on he tan ah little bit??..put on ah afro wig or someting?  :-\

He spoilin de contrast fuh people with balck and white flim in dey cyamera man

Not to mention dis frigging Shaka only chewing gum all de time wen de anthem playing like he eh know is bad manners to chew with yuh mouth open or what .....wey yuh redtrinigirl we giving more usefull information fuh yuh to start another jack a$$ topic
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 12:03:27 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 10, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

not only that...those dreads cost us the world cup trophy

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 10, 2006, 12:28:44 PM »
too many damn multi coloured tugs (boots)...why de nite b4 game  dem didn't vote on wha iz de game day colour.....
and while ah at it.... why Lawerence doe replace dem gold teeth/cap he have een...platinum does look much better on ah polaroid....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 10, 2006, 12:31:45 PM »
Why the ass they play with long sleeve jerseys against paraguy.... who dey fell dey is Beckham...
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 10, 2006, 12:52:15 PM »
Why Whitley doh shave that lil piece of goatee under his chin ? Who he feel he is ? Sizzla ? .....and dem corn rows on his head like iz a rap video.........steupssss !!!

:rotfl:

Thread of the month !!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 01:20:55 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 10, 2006, 01:18:21 PM »
while we at it let's petition to have goal keepers wear the same uniform as the rest of the team, better for the photos. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #689 on: July 10, 2006, 01:24:07 PM »
Once he sing de song de same way with the same intent and the same passion it doh matter if he wanna put he hand on he chest... the man love he nation... I'de get on he back for something else rather than this... look if yuh pissed off at Stern John... then just ask disgruntle for some hate material...  :beermug:

1]; } ?>