March 28, 2024, 06:29:34 AM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 295649 times)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: STERN JOHN APPRECIATION TREND!!!
« Reply #1080 on: April 01, 2009, 09:15:59 PM »
"Stern gave it his all in dis game... nobody better not come talk no shit about de man tonight."

If you call giving up on the ball everytime he lost it, and whining for a foul instead of playing to the whistle, then yes he definately gave it his all! 

Haul yuh mudda c0nt from here .Go on back on facebook and kiss de rest ah dunces arseholes ...yuh facking dunce
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Play Stern John in the Midfield!!!!
« Reply #1081 on: April 01, 2009, 09:17:18 PM »
We need hungrier MEN up top in the midfield we need creativity to take on opponents and in the back we need brian Williams, bertram noel and clayton morris. Specai lrequest for a coach..any blind one eye donkey go work better than the current jackass enough is enough. Oh and man on the bench with a bull pistle when man forget about work rate....waaaatap

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 01, 2009, 09:21:07 PM »
I really appreciate all Stern has and is doing for us....however i would appreciate him coming off the bench. IMO

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1083 on: April 01, 2009, 09:23:32 PM »
I really appreciate all Stern has and is doing for us....however i would appreciate him coming off the bench. IMO
Based on what?

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 01, 2009, 09:25:30 PM »
Based on what?

Adversity.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #1085 on: April 01, 2009, 09:25:58 PM »
Based on what?

Ignorance ..
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Sulty

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 01, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
"Stern gave it his all in dis game... nobody better not come talk no shit about de man tonight."

If you call giving up on the ball everytime he lost it, and whining for a foul instead of playing to the whistle, then yes he definately gave it his all! 

Haul yuh mudda c0nt from here .Go on back on facebook and kiss de rest ah dunces arseholes ...yuh facking dunce

Get Vex all yuh want!  I'm still right! Stern is a legend and deserves nuff respect, but not tonight. Just my opinion.
See you on FaceBook...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 01, 2009, 09:28:45 PM »
Yorke returning for the next game. We need Glen and some men with speed at this level.
 We too slow in the counter. Our best move was Carlos speeding up the wing and crossing .

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 01, 2009, 09:29:24 PM »
this thread is the perfect opportunity to see who actually knows football and who is just a f**king c**t

Stern John was tops tonight...deserving of a goal and a better result...

Legend 14

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1089 on: April 01, 2009, 09:30:52 PM »

Get Vex all yuh want!  I'm still right! Stern is a legend and deserves nuff respect, but not tonight. Just my opinion.
See you on FaceBook...
Try to learn more about football.

Offline Sulty

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 01, 2009, 09:34:31 PM »

See you on FaceBook...
Try to learn more about football.

I've already forgotten more about football than you'll ever know..

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 01, 2009, 09:34:49 PM »
Allyuh watch this space,

I remember 4 years ago around this time we get a proper cutarse in Guatemala City.... men was wasting down the 14

History has a way of repeating itself....
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 01, 2009, 09:36:14 PM »
Remedy hook we up with a cartoon of mats with corbeauxs circling nah man lol

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John
« Reply #1093 on: April 01, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »
Filho, i dont know what game you watched. Stern did nothing all match long.

Jockstrap you need tuh hush yuh c**t... Stern played harder than everybody in an Trini uniform tonite excepting Birchall and Ince.  De man had tuh peel way back into midfield to help out b/c wasn't shit happen from middle go back.  Nutten dat man do could ever make some ah allyuh f**kers give him his due.

aww, he had to peel back to midfield? aww, im so sorry youre right. That right there has to mean he had an automatic good game. kiss my ass you f**kin homo. STERN WAS SHIT, and his attitude to boot was disgusting and comparable to his play.

shut your damn mouth. We already know you on these boards trying to learn to read, and not discuss football. Its already proven you know jack shit about the game. go look to suck cock elsewhere.
Hart for president

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 01, 2009, 09:39:38 PM »

See you on FaceBook...

Haul yuh mudda c0nt ah say ... go and crawl back into de facebook hole yuh now crawl out of ...yuh facking dunce.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: April 01, 2009, 09:40:52 PM »
Maturana is C#$%!!!

Why substitute a defender at half time when you are down one goal?  Did we make a mistake on the initial selection?

Why take off Chris Birchall when he was the hardest working man on the field?

Why play Birchall defensive midfield when he has a 40 yard rocket?

Why not substitue Kenwyn Jones when he added nothing for 90 minutes?

Why not bring on Latapy at halftime?

Why not play Stern John in midfield?  Stern John's position is no longer an offensive player (he played well tonight) but he needs to do like Dwight Yorke and switch to midfield.  He is a good passer of the ball.

Why not put Stern John in the midfield (it should not be hard to find a midfield player to leave home), and add Cornell Glen to the team.

Why is Brent Sancho not on the team?

Why is Colin Samuel not on the team?

Why is that C%#$ still the head coach?

This coach does not have a clue as to what he is doing!

Cosigned!   :(
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 01, 2009, 09:41:35 PM »
Yeah he played very well....held up the ball, showed good composure on the ball and brought players into the attack very well....

Only once his touch let him down when he was in the clear for a scoring chance in the second half... Other than that a very good showing.

KJ on the other hand was piss poor... really really awful.  

Yeah, sweet work by Carlos, all for nought because Stern fack it up... but he more dan make up fuh it.

You talking ah pack ah shit yuh newbie jackass...  yuh ent see how deep in midfield Stern had tuh drop just to get ah touch?  What de facking midfield was doing whole night... save fuh Birchall dat is?  Stern was hustling back and trying tuh win ball when midfield and defense was breaking into moonwalk whenever the US pushed forward.  Outside ah Ince and Birchall no other man out there tonite run harder.

I does seriously wonder whey de fukk dey does find allyuh yes.
STERN JOHN MOUTH WAS RUNNING MORE THAN HE LEGS TONIGHT

Right now your ass running faster than yuh fingers could ketch up.  Why yuh doh siddung and hush yuh c**t..

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 01, 2009, 09:50:22 PM »
Stern biggest grouse is that he accustomed playing with Latapy and Yorke all his career, unfortunately them men getting older and he just doh have the patience with the younger players when they make mistakes and they frustrate him.

His body language changes when Yorke and Latas on the field. It's a different brand of football where they know how to play with each other.

He is not a natural leader and I don't think he is supposed to be, he is not the type to put his arm around a younger player or pat him on the back. Back in the 90s he had to fight and win his place to be on this national team. It still doh have anybody to displace him.

He expects that when you put on the national shirt, you are equipped with the tools to play international ball.

He damn right as far as I am concerned.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 01, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »
aww, he had to peel back to midfield? aww, im so sorry youre right. That right there has to mean he had an automatic good game. kiss my ass you f**kin homo. STERN WAS SHIT, and his attitude to boot was disgusting and comparable to his play.

shut your damn mouth. We already know you on these boards trying to learn to read, and not discuss football. Its already proven you know jack shit about the game. go look to suck cock elsewhere.

Funny how de first thing out yuh mouth is about man sucking cock and kissing yuh ass yuh f**king ass pirate.  Yuh name is not Supporter, it should be Athletic Supporter yuh f**king jockstrap.  I doh even have to bother going back and forth with you because it clear yuh doh know what de f**k yuh talking about brainless c**t.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 01, 2009, 10:09:18 PM »
Stern John needs to gnikcuf go he way..find someone else.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: April 01, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »
Stern John needs to gnikcuf go he way..find someone else.

:rotfl: :rotfl: ..............ah small bunch ah f ocking blind bias arseholes on dis forum .
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:29:53 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Sting

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 01, 2009, 10:36:08 PM »
Maturana is C#$%!!!

Why substitute a defender at half time when you are down one goal?  Did we make a mistake on the initial selection?

Why not play Stern John in midfield?  Stern John's position is no longer an offensive player (he played well tonight) but he needs to do like Dwight Yorke and switch to midfield.  He is a good passer of the ball.

Why not put Stern John in the midfield (it should not be hard to find a midfield player to leave home), and add Cornell Glen to the team.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: April 01, 2009, 10:43:57 PM »
Maturana is C#$%!!!

Why substitute a defender at half time when you are down one goal?  Did we make a mistake on the initial selection?

Why not play Stern John in midfield?  Stern John's position is no longer an offensive player (he played well tonight) but he needs to do like Dwight Yorke and switch to midfield.  He is a good passer of the ball.

What game were you watching?

In the 12 minutes Scottie play he was more productive than Stern.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: April 01, 2009, 10:53:31 PM »
Maturana is C#$%!!!

This hah tuh be ah chain up ,nobody cyar be so facking chupid and claim dey know de game,
but den again ,like ah say b4 ,it have nuff dunce on dis forum dat eh have ah facking idea of de game but does talk like dey know bout football ...pure facking arseholes
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:56:11 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: April 01, 2009, 11:04:09 PM »
Hey Sting, I just came on the forums and saw this topic, and it was like you read my mind, while watching the dire USA game, I said the same thing to myself.

The problem is that we aren't getting enough balls to the strikers and wingers further up the pitch, therein not creating nearly enough goalscoring chances, the reason for this is that  the midfielders can't keep possesion and make an accurate penetrating forward passes under pressure, and Stern John is one of the few of our players who seem able to control(he IS one of the best at chest control that I've seen, anywhere) and keep the ball under pressure, and to pass the ball forward well.(despite all the derisory things the ungrateful unpatriotic people in this country say about him)

I think he will be of better use to the team right now in this role, as thats where we are lacking, and we have an over abundance of strikers, so even though he has proven he can score goals, we have other goalscorers.

Ideally Stern should be on the edge of the box with his back to goal, receiving balls from midfield to turn and shoot, or hold up play and bring other players in(players like Cornel Glenn, Scotland, Kenwyne). (Like USA's Brian Ching, or Emile Heskey, though he IS a much better goalscorer than both.) He is NOT the Adebayour type consistenly composed finisher(ie. composed far post type goals etc) We expect that from him and get vexed when he doesn't deliver, but thats not his game, and he IS excellent at the type of game I've mentioned before.

Problem is that there we don't have midfielders to pump the ball to him like Emile Heskey has for England, or even the service Brian Ching has for USA. Thats why I think adding him to advanced midfield might be better for the team, until we get some other player to play this role effectively(ie. keep the ball underpressure and pass it forward accurately(good example of this is a pass Stern made in USA game to Carlos when Stern was around midsection. Latapy plays this role brilliantly, but sadly for us hes 40 now and can't play in games very long. Stern is more of a powerful shot type striker anyways, which makes the case for him in advanced midfield even stronger, because he can employ his powerful shots right outside the area if space opens up.

Just as how Dwight Yorke's age has caused the goals to dry up, the same is happening with Stern John to an extent, but just as Dwight had particular top class traits left(or that developed with age and experience) that allowed him  to switch to center midfield, likewise I'm seeing some particular top notch traits from Stern John that not many others in our team posses, and that will be of great advantage if he were in in an advance midfield position.

I think he can still score goals, but if we don't have midfielders who can get the ball forward and create chances, for now I think he may be of best use and a great help to the team's performances in adv mid role-receiving ball underpressure and getting a pass forward or to flanks.

That idea for Stern in Midfield isn't as thought out from me as how a coach would have to before making a big move like that(hence the reason I'm not a football manager, lol)

One thing I'm relatively sure about though, is that Keon Daniel SHOULD be in midfield, I've consistenly seen from him the ability to create space with a good few defenders around him. The problem he has is running with the ball right down on the wing after hes created the space, which I don't think is his strong point. I think if he'll be excellent at creating space to pass the ball in a midfield role though.(and his freekicks attest to his ability to make the ball do what he wants in the air, which he can make use of the hit crosses to the wingers)

Keon Daniel for midfield and bring back Colin Samuel for the left wing.

Also after watching the USA game, why oh why did Maturana bring on Makan Hislop for Aklie Edwards(like for like change) I'm starting to think they are his love children. I love our youngsters, but exposing them to early before they're ready could also make them regress in their development if their confidence gets shattered.

Guys we have talented players at our disposal, but many aren't being picked, some are not being used where they will perform at their best, and overall they're not organised well at all.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:29:21 PM by Peter »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: April 01, 2009, 11:06:05 PM »
Maturana is C#$%!!!

This hah tuh be ah chain up ,nobody cyar be so facking chupid and claim dey know de game,
but den again ,like ah say b4 ,it have nuff dunce on dis forum dat eh have ah facking idea of de game but does talk like dey know bout football ...pure facking arseholes

Name two passes Stern make, or which defender he take on. You want to compare coaching qualifications or what? I fed up with macco mere aman like alyuh who back men and don't care what happen with the team as long as alyuh pardner play.
Stern was useless.
KJ check to recieve a ball, the defense drop off and Stern standing up to see what happen, instead of dropping with the defenders. Talk about dunce, is you. You really want to get into tactics here or what. Bring it yuh know cause is ah pack ah ass you on wit Stern and he shyte.

He only stand up and would not jump or challenge for a ball and coming down on everybody else.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: April 01, 2009, 11:08:12 PM »
This have to be damn fools day. Men have to be joking.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: April 01, 2009, 11:25:33 PM »
Maturana is C#$%!!!

Name two passes Stern make, or which defender he take on. You want to compare coaching qualifications or what? I fed up with macco mere aman like alyuh who back men and don't care what happen with the team as long as alyuh pardner play.
Stern was useless.
KJ check to recieve a ball, the defense drop off and Stern standing up to see what happen, instead of dropping with the defenders. Talk about dunce, is you. You really want to get into tactics here or what. Bring it yuh know cause is ah pack ah ass you on wit Stern and he shyte.

He only stand up and would not jump or challenge for a ball and coming down on everybody else.

Like ah say this have tuh be ah chain up ,I refuse tuh believe you is such ah f ocking idiot,but den again I've been wrong before .The first ball Stern got, he chest traped in de middle of the pitch and hit Carlos on the run down the right side ,excellent touch .Go and watch de game and you would see many more passes to players who din have ah clue what to do .Now dais why ah cyar believe you serious and dis have tuh be a chain up .
As for coaching credentials, yuh now showing meh yuh even ah bigger asswipe dan ah tort .Is not you say in ah earlier thread yuh have tuh go and coach yuh daughter s game. :rotfl: Wham yuh looking for coaching practice or dais the limit of yuh knowledge de game.
Now when yuh say 'name two passes' dat kinda ah convince meh this might not be ah chain after all ,and yuh is really ah f ocking wanna be coach dat eh have a clue .'Name two passes'  ??? me eh know passes have name but here goes .. ,Wendy and Elana . Yuh eh see yuh is ah f ocking kakahole ,name 2 passes ..go and watch de game ah yuh wud see bout 20 but as far as I know they eh have no name .Now if you cud say that #14 was not one of our best players tonight ,if not the best, yuh eh know one  f ocking ting bout coaching farless football and ah feel sorry for de short change yuh giving yuh daughter and de team yuh fooling by calling yuhself ah coach .Doh take my word for it go and read the rest ah post and yuh wud see that is only ah few c onts like yuhself found #14 did not play well .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: April 01, 2009, 11:28:38 PM »
All man arguing about who is d better striker etc....

As of now...d 2 ah dem in d same boat...cuz none ah dem aint score...so all dis tlk about Jones is shit and cyar trap etc...is pure fackries....

Men bringin down our players rite tru wen we lose, but as i think Weary sey....who pickking dem? And if any one of yall was natnl coach yall pickin Jones in yuh 18 .....so wtah are we arguing about?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: April 01, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
Maturana is C#$%!!!

Stern was useless.

Like ah say this have tuh be ah chain up ,I refuse tuh believe you is such ah f ocking idiot,but den again I've been wrong before .The first ball Stern got, he chest traped in de middle of the pitch and hit Carlos on the run down the right side ,excellent touch .Go and watch de game and you would see many more passes to players who din have ah clue what to do .Now dais why ah cyar believe you serious and dis have tuh be a chain up .
As for coaching credentials, yuh now showing meh yuh even ah bigger asswipe dan ah tort .Is not you say in ah earlier thread yuh have tuh go and coach yuh daughter s game. :rotfl: Wham yuh looking for coaching practice or dais the limit of yuh knowledge de game.
Now when yuh say 'name two passes' dat kinda ah convince meh this might not be ah chain after all ,and yuh is really ah f ocking wanna be coach dat eh have a clue .'Name two passes'  ??? me eh know passes have name but here goes .. ,Wendy and Elana . Yuh eh see yuh is ah f ocking kakahole ,name 2 passes ..go and watch de game ah yuh wud see bout 20 but as far as I know they eh have no name .Now if you cud say that #14 was not one of our best players tonight ,if not the best, yuh eh know one  f ocking ting bout coaching farless football and ah feel sorry for de short change yuh giving yuh daughter and de team yuh fooling by calling yuhself ah coach .Doh take my word for it go and read the rest ah post and yuh wud see that is only ah few c onts like yuhself found #14 did not play well .

You name one pass in 90 freaking minutes. Boy look leh me leave you and yuh fantasies yes.

1]; } ?>