April 29, 2024, 10:40:19 AM

Poll

Should Stern John be playing in this world cup campaign

yes
8 (61.5%)
no
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Stern John Thread  (Read 299970 times)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Stern John to MLS.
« Reply #1380 on: May 27, 2010, 03:20:02 PM »
Heard it from a good source, sometime this week or next week Stern John will be joining some MLS team. He is in talks with 3 of them at the moment and will be here soon to talk to them in person and accept the best deal.

Yuh better tap up dat  Berris *cough* source  :devil:

Empty vessels make de most noi.........look leh meh doh say nutten,he silence you in particular many times ,watch n see he do it again . ;) :beermug:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 27, 2010, 04:48:12 PM »
Its official, he turned down offers as the money was to small, so Stern will be staying in England.

thank God
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 28, 2010, 02:13:17 PM »
Heard it from a good source, sometime this week or next week Stern John will be joining some MLS team. He is in talks with 3 of them at the moment and will be here soon to talk to them in person and accept the best deal.

Yuh better tap up dat  Berris *cough* source  :devil:

Empty vessels make de most noi.........look leh meh doh say nutten,he silence you in particular many times ,watch n see he do it again . ;) :beermug:

WDF??....It snowin in hell today or wha?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 01, 2010, 04:06:48 AM »
Ok, Stern John makes a U turn and may sign for the Seattle Sounders.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 01, 2010, 04:44:42 AM »

lol...iz a U turn or he just realise dat Crystal Palace are going out of business?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 01, 2010, 10:18:01 AM »
lol...iz a U turn or he just realise dat Crystal Palace are going out of business?

I doubt he now realise that seeing as they were struggling to pay the players
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #1386 on: June 01, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »

That is the Stern turn he's famous for.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 01, 2010, 01:00:02 PM »

If dais true, dat would make going to the games even more worthwhile  ;D Shut up disgruntled  :devil:

But I don't think they would have room for him, with that striker from FC Twente coming in after the WC.

Big Up!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:05:22 PM by DeSoWa »
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Eyeing a Comeback: The Legendary Stern John
« Reply #1388 on: September 27, 2010, 07:13:09 AM »
internationalsoccernetwork.com

The recent slump endured by the Columbus Crew has critics talking about the need for a pure goal scorer to play alongside the ever youthful Guillermo Barros Schelotto. Eyes have turned back to one of the most prolific scorers in Crew history, Stern John.

John, 33, is currently recovering from knee surgery, but is eyeing a comeback with Columbus. He has been going through rehabilitation and training with the Crew with the idea of officially joining the MLS side this winter. John has been a spectator at several Crew home games this summer, but hopes to be much more in a matter of months.

“I am going to rehab and get myself back fit,” Stern commented when asked about his plans. Many believed that if healthy, John would have signed with the Crew immediately after the 2010 World Cup.

There are no doubts about John’s confidence and international experience. “I think I am capable of scoring goals still,” the Trinidadian striker continued. “The league is looking really better. It is way different now.” It may be different, but his 44 goals in 55 games from 1998-1999 is still awe-inspiring. Just as impressive is his player resume that include time spent with Crystal Palace, Birmingham City, Southampton, Nottingham Forest, and of course the Trinidad and Tobago National Team. His time with T&T has become the stuff of legends, scoring 69 goals in 109 appearances.

It now seems that John and the Crew need each other. The key benefactor in this new relationship would be the Crew’s loyal fans. “The fans are amazing,” John stated. “The team was losing like 4-0, they are still singing. As a player that goes a long way.” The award-winning striker was and will surely be a fan favorite once again. He definitely understands this obligation and is already making reacquainting himself with fans, signing autographs after one game in particular.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 27, 2010, 12:13:52 PM »

after all dat hype in the beginning of de thread steupse

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eyeing a Comeback: The Legendary Stern John
« Reply #1390 on: September 27, 2010, 12:14:53 PM »
internationalsoccernetwork.com

The recent slump endured by the Columbus Crew has critics talking about the need for a pure goal scorer to play alongside the ever youthful Guillermo Barros Schelotto. Eyes have turned back to one of the most prolific scorers in Crew history, Stern John.

John, 33, is currently recovering from knee surgery, but is eyeing a comeback with Columbus. He has been going through rehabilitation and training with the Crew with the idea of officially joining the MLS side this winter. John has been a spectator at several Crew home games this summer, but hopes to be much more in a matter of months.

“I am going to rehab and get myself back fit,” Stern commented when asked about his plans. Many believed that if healthy, John would have signed with the Crew immediately after the 2010 World Cup.

There are no doubts about John’s confidence and international experience. “I think I am capable of scoring goals still,” the Trinidadian striker continued. “The league is looking really better. It is way different now.” It may be different, but his 44 goals in 55 games from 1998-1999 is still awe-inspiring. Just as impressive is his player resume that include time spent with Crystal Palace, Birmingham City, Southampton, Nottingham Forest, and of course the Trinidad and Tobago National Team. His time with T&T has become the stuff of legends, scoring 69 goals in 109 appearances.

It now seems that John and the Crew need each other. The key benefactor in this new relationship would be the Crew’s loyal fans. “The fans are amazing,” John stated. “The team was losing like 4-0, they are still singing. As a player that goes a long way.” The award-winning striker was and will surely be a fan favorite once again. He definitely understands this obligation and is already making reacquainting himself with fans, signing autographs after one game in particular.

will not say much until I read "a contract was signed"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 01, 2010, 02:41:07 PM »
Stern John wants another chance with Columbus, but will the Crew take him back?
By Shawn Francis (mlsinsiderblog.com)

Everybody has that one old boyfriend or girlfriend that they’ll never forget, the one that makes them smile every time they think of their time together. Sports fans are the same. We all have an “old flame” of a player out there who’s no longer with our club but we still get a little misty-eyed thinking about them.

For old-school Columbus Crew fans Stern John is that player. In 1998 the T&T-born striker took the league by storm, earning a place in the Best XI and winning the title of MLS Scoring Champion (the predecessor to the Golden Boot) with an outlandish 26 goals. Playing alongside Brian McBride the two formed one of the most fearsome strike forces ever to grace MLS. In short, the guy was damn good. Unfortunately for Crew fans he was too good because after another stellar season in 1999 (18 goals) he left Ohio for England, where he would spend the next 10 years playing for the likes of Crystal Palace, Nottingham Forest and Birmingham City.

But John is back in Ohio rehabbing after a knee surgery and talking about a return to the Crew, something that’s sure to make the hearts of a few Columbus fans skip a beat. But as anyone who’s ever come across an ex on Facebook knows, the present isn’t always as pretty as the past. At age 34 John could be well past recovery (see New England’s recent release of Edgaras Jankauskas) or perfectly ripe (34 year-old Juan Pablo Angel currently sits second in the Golden Boot standings with a very respectable 13 goals). To take him back would be a risk by Columbus but one that might well be worth taking. Something to keep an eye on come camp time in January.

AirMan

« Reply #1392 on: October 01, 2010, 07:14:34 PM »
^^ I would be surprise if the Crew take him back since so many believe his best days are behind him...hopefully they decide to give him a chance so he can prove many wrong

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
John eyes return to Warriors by 2011 Gold Cup
« Reply #1393 on: November 13, 2010, 02:49:32 AM »
John eyes return to Warriors by 2011 Gold Cup

T&T’s striker Stern John says he has not retired from international football and hopes to return to competitive action by February 2011 following a recovery from surgery. John has been out of action for close to five months after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament injury which required surgery and is now undergoing rehabilitation. John, a one-time top marksman on the national senior team, got the word from doctors in Ohio, USA last week that he is well on his way to a full recovery and can begin light training next month. This means he could be back playing by February. He is also expected to join the Columbus Crew in a winter training camp.

Now 34, John feels he can still make a contribution to the national team and is eying a return to the national team in time for the next Concacaf Gold Cup in mid 2011.“I haven’t retired from international football. The injury caused a bit of a setback but the doctors have reported that the recovery is on track and once I’m called upon to play then I’m definitely going to answer that call,” John said yesterday. The former Birmingham City and Sunderland striker is aware that there are other forwards currently stepping up to the call for the “Soca Warriors” but his experience can no doubt be a key factor to the team’s future assignments against the higher ranked teams in Concacaf.

“We are at a rebuilding stage right now and you need to have that proper blend of youth and experience. I don’t expect to be starting every game or to fight down other players. It’s about putting team first but if I can help the boys improve and help the team get positive results...” John said. John wants to see T&T get its international football status back on track in the soonest possible time.“We’ve allowed our football to drop a bit and as players we were all disappointed the way things turned out. We should have capitalised more on what we achieved in Germany. “But that’s the past now... we simply need to get down to work and take the football back to a higher level and begin doing well against bigger oppositions especially in the Concacaf region,” John said.

guardian

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John eyes return to Warriors by 2011 Gold Cup
« Reply #1394 on: November 13, 2010, 04:28:42 AM »
No disrespect to the legend, but i feel is time tuh throw in the towel. give the yutes ah chance, both bravo and ince! we are ok in both the striking and goal keeping department. 

i coulda understand if yuh was ah midfielder or ah defender since we're lacking in those departments.   
give the yutes ah chance.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: November 13, 2010, 05:47:39 AM »
 ??? if Latapy give dis any real thought it will be d dumbest decision ever, John doh have 4 years ah football in him nor d mobility to operate in d system Latas "tryin" to build, at-least from what I observe, the team will not benefit..............time to hang it up Stern thanks for your service in d past but seriously
I pity the fool....

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 13, 2010, 07:12:29 AM »
Stern just want to be there like Kitch was to hand over the will personally. Who he handing it over too??? Devon Jorsling of course. Dis is not no Freddy Adu ting, im not just hypin de yute but look at de numbers... they are steadily growing. Kerry Baptiste was as prolific and more but in the PFL. Dis man is doing it at de international level a la Stern John. So come in Stern, play a game or two with mini you and then gracefully retire. Shouldn't it be on the field of play, in front de fans, dat a big legend like Stern john retires anyway?

I wonder and ponder, what if Jorsling still had Carter partnering him up front, how de two of dem woulda look? Kenwayne have to come good yes.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 13, 2010, 07:29:17 AM »
Stern just want to be there like Kitch was to hand over the will personally. Who he handing it over too??? Devon Jorsling of course. Dis is not no Freddy Adu ting, im not just hypin de yute but look at de numbers... they are steadily growing. Kerry Baptiste was as prolific and more but in the PFL. Dis man is doing it at de international level a la Stern John. So come in Stern, play a game or two with mini you and then gracefully retire. Shouldn't it be on the field of play, in front de fans, dat a big legend like Stern john retires anyway?

I wonder and ponder, what if Jorsling still had Carter partnering him up front, how de two of dem woulda look? Kenwayne have to come good yes.

Allyuh keep tings in perspective nah. Make no mistake, Jorsling has done well wit what he has been given. But he eh no yute, he go be 27 next month. And until he starts scoring regularly against non-Caribbean opposition, he should not be compared with Stern, let him do his own ting. As ah said in another thread, by de age of 27 (Jorsling's age), Stern had scored about 45 goals in 59 games, including three hat-tricks (one against Colombia). Doh get tie up.

How yuh mean yuh wondering about Carter and Jorsling? Dem already play about 10 matches together.

Let's take it a game at ah time.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #1398 on: November 13, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »
no thanks
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 13, 2010, 08:03:45 AM »
Bad move Stern
Your shelf life as a SocaWarrior as expired,rebuilding is the key and your return is not in any way shape or form helping in accomplishing this task,I thank you for all you have done but the past is not the present
Thanks

Raspect

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #1400 on: November 13, 2010, 08:28:55 AM »
De man eh say he expect to start or play every game. He say he want to help de transition. Allyuh acting like we good up front or we done make some kinda progress.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 13, 2010, 08:33:22 AM »
Nothing wrong with having a veteran striker in the squad, once they could still perform and don't demand an automatic start.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 13, 2010, 09:31:18 AM »
Recover, get game fit schedule a game against some easy team let them man score a goal or two run a lap around the field and call that george. SIMPLE!
All American

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 13, 2010, 09:47:13 AM »

Allyuh keep tings in perspective nah. Make no mistake, Jorsling has done well wit what he has been given. But he eh no yute, he go be 27 next month. And until he starts scoring regularly against non-Caribbean opposition, he should not be compared with Stern, let him do his own ting. As ah said in another thread, by de age of 27 (Jorsling's age), Stern had scored about 45 goals in 59 games, including three hat-tricks (one against Colombia). Doh get tie up.

How yuh mean yuh wondering about Carter and Jorsling? Dem already play about 10 matches together.

Well he is a yute man to me! and in terms of keeping it in perspective I believe I was painting a picture of how many times over earnings de boy trading at. Forward looking Im sure but I was looking at the steady growth. I'll take back de Stern over to Jorsling thing but then again when Kitch handed over de will to Scrunter, It wasn't an even exchange. Clearly its a case of de master and de student but I have seen no other student in the mold of Sterns prolificness (??) So I called it! I am definitely taking it a game at a time with baited breath. An exciting time for me at least!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 13, 2010, 09:51:44 AM »
Thank you Sternturninho. Definitely looking to see you back in action contributing in ANY way you can. Some of the comments against your comeback for T&T are borderin' on pure tata reasoning.  :'(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 13, 2010, 10:04:05 AM »
Nothing wrong with having a veteran striker in the squad, once they could still perform and don't demand an automatic start.

Obviously a man with some sense allyuh remember when latas throw out a green team against Costa Rica and we ketch 4 ?
Veterans does set the example at practice of the level of intensity needed and because they know they time coming to a close they does appreciate the value of the sessions more ... this will always help the youths.... he doh have to be no starter but yuh need some veterans to help the younger heads.
Jorsling score a few goals against some Caribbean teams and man comparing him to Stern yes lol
I hear everything now.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 06:00:44 AM by Ngozi »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 13, 2010, 10:24:52 AM »
I hope he comes back and makes some sort of mark, his international career deserves a better final (prominent, at least) memory than the one it currently has.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 13, 2010, 11:41:14 AM »
De man eh say he expect to start or play every game. He say he want to help de transition. Allyuh acting like we good up front or we done make some kinda progress.

Exactly !

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 13, 2010, 12:04:51 PM »

And Jorsling ain't even half the player Stern was...If he was 20 yeah....But he have a 1/4 of the experience. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1409 on: November 13, 2010, 12:11:11 PM »
stern don't need to come back and take another striker spot, no thanks

1]; } ?>