April 30, 2024, 07:29:53 PM

Author Topic: Birchall seeks T&T peace  (Read 7027 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Birchall seeks T&T peace
« on: October 21, 2006, 12:31:39 PM »
Birchall seeks T&T peace
Related links
Team Pages:
Trinidad and Tobago
Coventry City
Player Pages:
Chris Birchall
Coventry City's Trinidad & Tobago midfielder Chris Birchall insists he has been powerless to act in the latest club versus country row to have exploded.

Birchall and his team-mate Stern John were called up for their country's friendlies against St Vincent and Panama earlier this month.

Sky Blues boss Micky Adams claimed the games were 'meaningless' and the club wrote to Fifa to try to force the duo's premature return.

For 22-year-old Birchall, stuck in the middle, it has been a real quandary and he admits he just wants to patch things up between the parties for the future.

"I accept that friendlies don't have a great deal of meaning but, as players, we don't have a choice in the matter," Birchall told the Coventry Telegraph.

"It is difficult for everyone involved because the club want us to stay and our country want us to go, so I understand both parties.

"It is a difficult situation because in normal circumstances, obviously we want to play for both club and country.

"The gaffer has been great with me about it."

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall seeks T&T peace
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 12:34:49 PM »
birchall of late ah was vex with yuh eh but ah hope yuh head in de right place

turn yuh back on we and iz pure boo in yuh tail

ah still wearing meh birchall finta cause yuh iz de one and only bulletman (i too young to remember jamerson)
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 12:41:25 PM »
Waayssssssssss!!!  Morvant yuh is a real youtman dread? Too young to remember Jamerson? I didn't realize yuh was so smally boss.
Ok Ok, leh me calculate. To be too young to remember dem 30 yard bullet yuh had was to be about 6 or less (either dat or yuh had attention deficit disorder), add on 16 years to dat and that makes you.....16+6......................................................................hol' on eh..................

22!!!
 ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 01:02:54 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 12:50:40 PM »
Allyuh fellas real young boy.  jamerson use to hit some classic splicing bullet from outside de box.  Long time when man playing football dat shot was called de Jamerson.  But in regards to Birchall and these clubs, Birch better doh be talking dat shit but he understand nothing, these friendlies are to help develop the younger players and also gives all players time to play together for when the playing games that have higher stakes.  Friendlies are very important games, well once its against the right competitors.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 12:53:29 PM by nygll »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »
Waayssssssssss!!!  Morvant yuh is a real youtman dread? Too young to remember Jamerson? I didn't realize yuh was so smally boss.
Ok Ok, leh me calculate. To be too young to remember dem 30 yard bullet yuh had was to be about 6 or less (either dat or yuh had attention deficit disorder), add on 16 years to dat and that makes you..............16+6..................................................................................................................................................................................................................hol' on eh..................

22!!!
 ;D ;D ;D

lol............we need some ah allyuh tuh come back to trinidad and help solve some ah de crime we have here!! lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 01:35:23 PM »
Ok Ok, leh me calculate. To be too young to remember dem 30 yard bullet yuh had was to be about 6 or less (either dat or yuh had attention deficit disorder), add on 16 years to dat and that makes you.....16+6......................................................................hol' on eh..................

22!!!
 ;D ;D ;D

I hope them three smiley mean you on kicks. I older than 22 and I doh know bout Jamerson except from what I hear on the board.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 02:29:49 PM »
Take it from me Morvant is a pickney.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 03:26:22 PM »

22!!!
 ;D ;D ;D

I hope them three smiley mean you on kicks. I older than 22 and I doh know bout Jamerson except from what I hear on the board.

If you older than 22 and cyar remember Jameson bullet and dem then you wasn't into football at that age at all because i'm 26 and I was only 9 going on 10 when them classic bullet take place.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 03:52:06 PM »

22!!!
 ;D ;D ;D

dreamer yuh wouldnt believe i iz 22 in truth
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 04:22:21 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
Mohvah, yuh killin' meh.
Trus meh, Jamerson is a legend. Yuh see how Yorke now playing a kinda midfield general deep in de back like a sweeper, is jes so Jamerson used to be (AND YORKE WAS BY HIS SIDE LEARNING AS A LIKKLE 16 YEAR OLD BOY on DE SAME TEAM!)and like it was a rocket launcher he (Jamerson) had on his tugs. I have to get these tapes digitized. Nuff respec' to you Mohvah to have the courage to admit these facts. I too never saw Warren Archibald, Steve David play but I would do anything to get my hands on file footage.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 05:43:17 PM »
I wouldn't lie to alyuh men eh, but in jamerson Hay day back in 89 I coulda call the whole team man for man...but not for nothing i remember them bullets too dred. I guess being 23 have something to do with it. I remember Latas rippin men though...strange eh!!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 06:49:09 PM »
In 89 against Guatemala Jamerson hit a bullet that almost buss the net. In the return leg in T&T the man hit de same bullet from the same place. Stadium went mad. Ohhh that has sweet days.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 07:55:35 PM »
Is not just to gloat about who claim dey was dey to remember these players. The reason why it is important to keep pumpin' up their names is to recognize that this encourages these heroes to continue contributing to generate more like them.

So today, straight from that strike squad (who are in obvious football leadership positions):

Kerry Jamerson....Sweeper par excellence, Defensive Rock of Gibraltar, impeccable passing and shooting....... (Defense Force coach)
Dexter Lee...Speedy, spunky, attacking ( sometimes too much) right back...(Assistant Defense Force coach)
Hutson Charles....Central Midfield 2-footed workhorse and playmaker and scorer.....(Assistant Under 20 coach)
Brian Williams......Right back, one of those who taught us how to be professional,  stand up straight & respec' de flag ...... (Under 20 head coach)
Leonson Lewis.....Left wing power striker and stink beats dribbler, legend in Portugal...(W Connection assistant coach)
Dexter Skeene..... 2-footed central striker..........(TT Pro League executive)
David Nakhid....cental midfield general, captain, rival to Latas, foreign coaching school, first TT European pro............(assistant to Beenie, almost living in exile)
Philbert Jones.........nippy cental striker..........(Assistant coach in South, ? Petrotrin)
Brian Haynes.....Striker with real dribbling skills,.... (Starboy entrepreneur college coach in southern US)
Russel Latapy.......midfield general almost worshipped, bald-head in dem days after having a "fathead" in de youth team, Portugal legend, Porto superstar long before all dis Scotland business......(Falkirk assistant coach, eye-ing management of a Portugal team in de future)
Ross Russel.......celebrated goalkeeping stalwart......   (Under 20 goalkeeping coach)
Clayton Ince.......most capped goalkeeper, veteran of a youth World Cup with Yorkie.....(Walsall depending on him for promotion)
Dwight Yorke.......midfield general, striker and hero, cried like a baby in 1989 at the Hasely...........(Current World Cup captain basking in achievement and mentoring)
Leroy Spann, yes Papa Spann!....hero from 1973 era who missed the game in Haiti, still able to play with the Strike Squad in 89, father of Silvio and Silas, mentor to the boys in 89..........(Praying for Silvio to sign now and reach South africa 2010)
Michael Maurice....goal keeping stalwart, legacy slightly damaged by the "sun in meh eye episode".....(redeemed as no-nonsense Socawarrior keeper drill-coach, having Jack, Shaka and Clayton as sharp as a whistle)

Dais commitment breda. Mentorship, mentorship, mentorship. Dais de only way it go work. Pass it on and doh forget! Dais why ah watching dis proleague carefully as men quietly do dey ting
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:52:18 PM by dreamer »

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 08:32:19 PM »
In 89 against Guatemala Jamerson hit a bullet that almost buss the net. In the return leg in T&T the man hit de same bullet from the same place. Stadium went mad. Ohhh that has sweet days.

Dat is no joke.  I remember when I saw the second bullet, ah swear it was a set play.  It was a carbon copy.  De ground was muddy and Kerry let loose a pure iron ball.  Oh gosh madness.

My first memory of Kerry as a big star was when I watch Kerry manners Sando Tech in the Intercol Final playing for Arima in the Stadium.  If men remember that Sando team was the national under 19 team with Latas, Faustin, Tony Clarke in Goal, Leonson, Weekes .....   It was Kerry, Lee and I cah remember the forward giving the Sando team a run for they money.  Goes down as one of the best Intercol Final played with Faustin ripping one from down the right side to win the game in the dying minutes.  Kerry announced to all of Trinidad on that day that he had arrived.

Good memories.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 08:51:56 PM »
This thread change into something else now. 

Earl 'Spiderman' Carter - Started the campaign as our #1 in goal.  Was real agile boy he used to love to fly.  Lost the starting spot to Maurice later on.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 08:59:06 PM »
talk about off topic,how allure went from Birchall to who know jamerson ???ok fine,if this is the same jamerson that was coaching arima senior com. well,true story i use to mash in he gual,now let's change the topic again ;D

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 08:59:56 PM »
Yeah St. John.
Ah wish I knew what the others are up to:

"Marvelous" Marvin Faustiin, Dexter Francis, Well Clayton Morris is visible, Floyd Lawrence, Maurice Alibey, Clint Marcelle (who was last known to be playing in de lower UK leagues after almost single-handedly promoting Barnsley), Paul Elliot-Allen, Richard Chinapoo, Dexter Francis. Anybody knows,....is dey neighbour?,... know if dey coaching somewhere?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 09:03:03 PM by dreamer »

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 09:12:50 PM »

Yeah i remember dat. from a couple yards outside the box, hit the underside of the crossbar and in. and it was late in the game too, to make the score 2-1........ah gettin goosebumps jus thinkin bout it
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 09:13:36 PM »

Earl 'Spiderman' Carter - Started the campaign as our #1 in goal.  Was real agile boy he used to love to fly.  Lost the starting spot to Maurice later on.

Earl Carter wow.............haven't heard bout him since i was in primary school...i completely forgot about this man as part of de strike squad...where is he??

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 09:57:34 PM »
The Arima striker was Timothy Haynes. that Intercoland Big 7 finals was the bestest ever. Those were the days 1985 when we went to school just tohook up to go football.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 10:01:13 PM »
And for all those who want to revisit those players, some might not realize that the Strike Squad game is hiidden in the Hutson Charles goal thread under Gol Galore Trinbago Style.

That TT vs USA game is only game 1 when the team was only then discovering an identity and did not have much confidence as in later games. Jamerson came on in the second half as he was not yet a staple. All those players grew by leaps and bounds later. And to think that they still came from behind to draw in hostile US.

The second half was better football after all the nerves settled. Check it out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 10:13:31 PM »
I always remember that game them days was onlt TTT and for the entire day they played Tambu's journey now start.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 10:15:09 PM »
Game tied one a piece into the last 5 minutes Clayton morris with the long ball, glancing header by alibey to latapy, latapy turns and slides the ball in the path and then

It was Ashford Jackman commenting on Trinidad vs Guatemala at the then National Stadium on TTT
"Jamerson!!!! Oh my goodness, Jamerson with the thunderbolt, a terrific strike from Kerry Jamerson"

was 7 years old but i will remember dat line till ah dead. Memories for days yes.

Sorry i off thread but i just had to reminisce
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 10:39:39 PM »
Memories for years not days.

Morvant yuh great u change the hold thread

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 10:41:55 PM »
Brian Williams......Right back, one of those who taught us how to be professional,  stand up straight & respec' de flag ...... (Under 20 head coach)

!!!! Plenty exclamation mark ... and nuff salute ...

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 11:19:19 PM »
Memories for years not days.

Morvant yuh great u change the hold thread
i thought it was just me that realize that,say what,we are trini,i can't expect nothing different :)

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2006, 11:33:05 PM »

Earl Carter wow.............haven't heard bout him since i was in primary school...i completely forgot about this man as part of de strike squad...where is he??

Saw him ln Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn at least 5 years ago.  Doh wanna start another topic within the other topics in this thread, but Gally shoulda never bench de man.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2006, 01:02:15 AM »

Saw him ln Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn at least 5 years ago.  Doh wanna start another topic within the other topics in this thread, but Gally shoulda never bench de man.

Yuh might have some merit in saying dat especially after the goal MAURICE get against the states, but also remember is Gally bring Spiderman, Spann, Chinnas and Allen out of obscurity.
How much men remember how dat journey start?

Honduras in the oval , men like anton  corneal was in that game , half time the Trinidad team had to borrow jerseys from the Queens Park football team because the white jerseys they played in in the first half clashed with the Honduras kit. That game end up 0-0.
Second game in Honduras, ah think was middle of the second half , Skeene run down the wing and cross , chinapoo hit one time it come off the post and either it was Hudson Charles or Marlon Morris score. final score TT 1- Honduras 0. After dat the strike sqaud was born and heart break.

In that game in Honduras Gally had Nakhid warming up for like fifteen minutes and never bring him on, Nakhid never forgive Gally after dat.  ;D ;D ;D

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline madmonn

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2006, 01:05:26 AM »
Yeah St. John.
Ah wish I knew what the others are up to:

"Marvelous" Marvin Faustiin, Dexter Francis, Well Clayton Morris is visible, Floyd Lawrence, Maurice Alibey, Clint Marcelle (who was last known to be playing in de lower UK leagues after almost single-handedly promoting Barnsley), Paul Elliot-Allen, Richard Chinapoo, Dexter Francis. Anybody knows,....is dey neighbour?,... know if dey coaching somewhere?
Don't forget Marlon Morris

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2006, 05:39:47 AM »
Yeah Marlon Morris is a very successful telecommunicartions executive who had piled on quite a few higher degreees and very involved in football organization and funding. I think he put his hat in the ring for Rangers being a big St. Francois Valley Rd boy. Tuh could find him keeping fit doing Lady Chancellor Hill on evenings. Has a book out on the Strike Squad explaining the whole inside story (down to personal conflicts between Gally, Nahkid, Spiderman Carter etc) from start to finish. Brainy brainy fella with a real sense of commitment. Is a real shame if people haven't read it. A must read for all of us.

1]; } ?>