April 25, 2024, 05:56:36 PM

Author Topic: Jamaica test for Soca Princesses.  (Read 9393 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Jamaica test for Soca Princesses.
« on: October 22, 2006, 12:07:29 AM »
Jamaica test for Soca Princesses.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

Trinidad and Tobago's women national football team, the Soca Princesses, play two warm-up matches in Miami against Jamaica and a USA-based professional team before facing Mexico in their first round match of the 2006 CONCACAF Women Gold cup on November 19.
The national women footballers leave for Miami on November 14, five days before the start of the third edition of the women's Gold Cup, which is being held in the United States.
The CONCACAF Gold Cup runs until November 26 and serves as the region's Final Round qualifier for the 2007 FIFA Women World Cup which takes place in Beijing China.
Trinidad and Tobago, Canada, the United States, Jamaica, Mexico and Panama battle for two automatic World Cup qualifying spots, and a third home-and-away playoff berth against Asian qualifiers Japan.
T&T begin the competition against Mexico on Sunday November 19 at the Tropical Park Stadium, Miami, Florida. Should they beat the Mexicans, they travel to California's Home Depot Centre for a clash with two-time Gold Cup & World Cup champions, the United States, on November 22. The Championship game and third placed playoff takes place on November 26 at the Home Depot Centre.
Marlon Charles, coach of T&T's Soca Princesses, has opted for the early start to give his team at least two warm-up games before the start of the tournament. With most of his squad in colleges in the United States, Charles has not been able to have the kind of preparation he would have liked.
"We are trying to leave five days early to at least get in some preparation. We are hoping to get a game against a professional team based in Miami. Also, we have contacted the Jamaicans to play a second game against them. They are in the same boat as us and that may be the only other game each team gets before the tournament."
Charles felt the draw has left both Caribbean teams at a disadvantage. He would have liked the original round-robin format which would have given his girls more time to find their legs. Instead, the United States and Canada, both ranked among the world's top 10 teams, have automatic byes to the semi-final, while the four others play a knockout round to reach the semis. However, Charles is not disappointed at having to face the No.25-ranked Mexicans in the first round. T&T (No.40 in the world) and Mexico have met four times, with the 'Soca Princesses' winning one, Mexico taking one, and the other two drawn.
"The Jamaican coach is happy because they draw Panama in the first round. It will be tough for us because Mexico and the United States play warm-up matches almost every weekend. They will be match-fit and they will have a sharpness our girls might not fully have," he said, while explaining that he will be using the five days before the tournament to get his players as fit as possible.
Most are coming off the college playoffs currently going on and will come into the camp with a measure of fitness from playing on the American university circuit. Charles is also confident that the fighting spirit of his Soca Princesses will emerge.
"Playing against top teams makes our players better. When we play Mexico, our players will know they have to step up. We will respect the Mexicans, but we will not fear them," he said.
Charles has one bit of great news in the acquisition of Atlanta-based central defender Sarja Williams, whose father is Trinidadian. She has been recommended as a quality player by Ken Esau, who described her as a tall, athletic defender who can head and kick the ball well. Charles is hoping she can reinforce his defence and will see her for the first time in the two warm-up matches before the tournament.
However, he will be without Martha Archer , a 26-year-old left-back from Birmingham Ladies Football Club of London, who was seeking to join the team. her grandfather has T&T roots, but her papers may not be processed in time for the tournament.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 05:43:27 AM by Flex »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica test for Soca Princesses
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 12:34:45 AM »
"Marlon Charles, coach of T&T's Soca Princesses,"
anybody know about this coach?  I guess shabbaz on guyana fullltime.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 04:43:58 AM »

What about a game vs the senior men's team? When is your coach going to be brave and stop hiding?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 05:36:20 AM »
would definitely be a good game.....hopefully soon ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 07:01:02 AM »

What about a game vs the senior men's team? When is your coach going to be brave and stop hiding?

i just called him and he said allyuh have to beat st vincent first..

i dunno what that mean, thats just what he told me
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 07:14:09 AM »

When will JFF assembled an A side an stop blaming results on B and C teams ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica test for Soca Princesses.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 08:25:55 AM »
26-year-old left-back from Birmingham Ladies Football Club of London, who was seeking to join the team. her grandfather has T&T roots, but her papers may not be processed in time for the tournament

ok can she get a passport?

yeah RF keep quiet beat cananda by more than 2 goals then we chat and learn to beat st vincent and panama
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 08:28:35 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 11:47:16 AM »

If our Soca Princesses were to play your senior men's team as you are requesting then I think the result will be something like 6-0 to our Princesses!  ;) You may not be able to live with yourself afterwards RF!

Your boyz will be more concerned with scoring nookie than scoring goals! They will collect at least 6 then get blank for nookie after the game as our Princess will not be too attracted to ugly boyz who allow themselves to be beaten by girls!!  8)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:51:00 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 12:43:36 PM »
        I know Marlon Charles personally because we played together for TESCA when they were in their hay days,at that time he was one of the best forwards in the East,very skillfull i used to admire the talent he had.
        I can't say much for his ability as a Coach because the little i know of his coaching experience is being assistant to Shabazz on the T&T Womens national team,if anyone know more please update me,i also think he teaches.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 12:50:14 PM »

marlon charles has been the assistant coach for shabazz for a long time now.

but anyways, on another note, i read that story and the only thing i pick up is the fact that those girls going and get real licks!!

He seems to have his excuse up front!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 01:05:11 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 06:46:50 PM »
Posted by: andre samuel 
Insert Quote
Quote from: bounty killer on Today at 02:34:45 AM

marlon charles has been the assistant coach for shabazz for a long time now.

but anyways, on another note, i read that story and the only thing i pick up is the fact that those girls going and get real licks!!

He seems to have his excuse up front!

ah love it!!

I guess he learnt well from Shabazz.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 07:35:44 PM »
Like to coach that team youhave to be muslim. What criteria was used to appoint Marlon? I know Shabbaz with the teamnuff years but how Marlon became his assistant?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 03:42:14 AM »
So only one team we Ladies grantee to be playing in de gold cup ?? thats bad,,,, they should have invited some outside team and have de competition like de mens gold cup...

12 teams, 4 groups of 3's....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 09:29:16 AM »

Oh gosh Morvant, Ah feel ah just bust something laughing. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 10:20:14 AM »

That was cold man... :rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 10:32:43 AM »
Like to coach that team youhave to be muslim. What criteria was used to appoint Marlon? I know Shabbaz with the teamnuff years but how Marlon became his assistant?
        The same amount of years Shabazz coaching the team is the same amount of years Marlon have been the assistant,people only hears about Shabazz but Marlon there all the time,i don't know how he became the assistant or what criteria was used to appoint him.
          I've always spoken out on Women Football because my daughter plays on the team,it's not a priority for the TTFF, not even the public cares what goes on with this Football because they find it's not exciting,the thing is they represent us and somebody have to care,if they were doing well everyone would be on board,everybody would have known who Marlon is,my daughter with that team about 12yrs and Marlon came on together with Shabazz.
          There was an article on Shabazz on here some time ago where he shared some of his feelings,i'm not saying he is the best Coach but he did the best he could with the little support he had.The Coaches this team had before were Robbie Greenidge,Dexter Skeene and Anton Corneal.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 10:41:42 AM »
     The Coaches this team had before were Robbie Greenidge...

Waayysss! I never you my pan hero was a football coach. De same Robbie Greenige?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 11:03:53 AM »
     The Coaches this team had before were Robbie Greenidge...

Waayysss! I never you my pan hero was a football coach. De same Robbie Greenige?
          Nooooo this is not the Pan Man i talking about,Robbie Greenidge used to coach Malvern in their haydays,he was responsible for men like Carlton Franco,Kelvin Berassa,Arthur Browne,Buggy Haynes etc etc

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 03:16:09 PM »
Why did a man with that kind of resume (Greenidge) leave the team?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 07:48:44 AM »

Not in our best interest I'm afraid ;D  ( yours perhaps ;)  )

We are looking for REAL competition like Austria ;D

Lets see how your women's team fare against our princesses then we'll consider a match against the men. :chilling:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 08:50:28 AM »
        From what i stated here you will realize that Robbie is not a young guy because if someone coach guys like Carlton Franco and that was in the sixties you know what i'm talking about.
        I more or less think age played a factor and he just had enough of Football because i never heard of him in Football after that,his feelings was to let someone younger take over the reigns.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 09:23:31 AM »
        From what i stated here you will realize that Robbie is not a young guy because if someone coach guys like Carlton Franco and that was in the sixties you know what i'm talking about.
        I more or less think age played a factor and he just had enough of Football because i never heard of him in Football after that,his feelings was to let someone younger take over the reigns.

Robbie used to help out Jeff Seales with Fatima between 96-98. He has a wealth of knowledge.... anybody know what going on with Robbie now?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>