April 20, 2024, 05:49:24 AM

Author Topic: What the frig i reading boy?  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What the frig i reading boy?
« on: October 22, 2006, 10:17:10 AM »
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/iccct2006/content/story/264018.html

I was just browsing through Cricinfo.com which is my number one source for information. I click onto an article named- Gayle: Why not penalise instigator?. Then i look at the author and it says Chris Gayle! Further inspection shows that he has written the article for Trinidad and Tobago Express.

Although it was nice to actually read a West Indian players article, as in England it is a common occurence for English players to give regular articles, it was a big dissapointment to hear Gayle acting like a cry baby. I gave Gayle the majority of the credit for the win because of the way he mentally got to the Australian batsmen. However i have lost some respect for him now that he is moaning that Clarke should have got punished not him.

I stand by what i said about Gayle being the main reason why we won the match, but for him to come out with some of these comments i have to say that he lacks some brain cells. I wish he could of just admitted he was wrong to shoulder Clarke and stop looking for excuses for himself.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 01:28:03 PM by Remie »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What the frig i reading boy?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 11:01:44 AM »
Remie ,idon't have time to read it now ,but what am hearing is that had gayle told the rest of the team what was said ,it might have had a brawl !

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 11:20:23 AM »
There is no evidence against Clarke- nothing was picked up on the stump microphone. There is nothing that the match referee can do without evidence. That is why i believe Gayle was stupid to say:

'Generally speaking I think that any system which penalizes someone for reacting to a situation but does not reprimand the instigator of that situation needs some sort of review'- Chris Gayle

What sort of review? Clarke says something which no one apart from Gayle heard and was not picked up by any stump microphones. Gayle then shoulders Clarke which is picked up on over 10 cameras. If you were the judge what would you do?

Why does Gayle need to make excuses for his actions? This makes me wonder what else in cricket he makes excuses for.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:27:34 AM by Remie »

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 12:59:28 PM »
I agree with Remie. From looking at highlights at the clip, Gayle definitely appears to be guilty of being overly aggressive. If Clarke said something that was offensive, Gayle should have reported it to the umpire immediately. There is absolutely no excuse for shouldering Michael Clarke.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 01:20:15 PM »
I just think Gayle should have come out and said regardless of what Clarke said that he was wrong to physically touch Clarke and that he does not condone this sort of behaviour. Instead he is saying that Clarke provoked him so what he did is okay.

Because apart from the shoulder incident i actually think that every thing else that Gayle did was the perfect way to unsettle the Australians. He sledged them without the stump microphones picking up any abusive language.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 01:39:23 PM »
the WI team have to role play on HOW to properly act when something like that happens again.
Then they will ALL be prepared to react in an acceptable way.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 02:16:22 PM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 07:40:22 PM »
I felt the same way as Remie. I don't know what review there could be when no one besides Gayle heard what Clarke said. While I don't doubt the veracity of Gayle's claim with no one else hearing it he expects disciplinary action to be taken just because he says Clarke said something offensive?

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 05:58:57 AM »
okay, the majority of posters here feel that the shoulder thing shouldn't happen. however, now that Gayle is saying there was provocation, he is a cry baby? what ??
how come when ZiZu did his head butting thing, excuses were flying left right and centre, about what the italian said to him, and how nobody should say those things, etc,etc..bla bla.
one rule for 'them' (footballers) and another for 'us'(cricketers) ?

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 07:47:46 AM »
Was Zidane making excuses for his actions? I could be wrong but i think i heard Zidane come out afterwards and say that he was wrong to head butt Matterazi. And yes, in my opinion if Zidane was making excuses then he was a cry baby as well even though Zidane is one my favourite footballers of all time. At the end of the day on the field of play you have to do what you have to do. But whatever verbal goes on the field should stay on the field in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 08:22:07 AM by Remie »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 08:40:15 AM »
okay, the majority of posters here feel that the shoulder thing shouldn't happen. however, now that Gayle is saying there was provocation, he is a cry baby? what ??
how come when ZiZu did his head butting thing, excuses were flying left right and centre, about what the italian said to him, and how nobody should say those things, etc,etc..bla bla.
one rule for 'them' (footballers) and another for 'us'(cricketers) ?
Don't be overly dramatic. First of all be measured. The first time cry baby is used is in your post. Also, unless you can verify my opinion on the Zidane incident don't make your blanket statements and carry on all emotional yourself.

Remie has covered the rest of it.

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 02:12:43 PM »
I actually brought up the term cry baby first :beermug:

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 04:53:01 AM »
Come on Remie, come on!  :o

And I apologise ann3.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 08:37:18 AM »
the excuses I referred to was by the commentators and posters on this forum. not by ZiZu himself. ;D
I didn't get emotional  just trying to make a point. wrong is wrong, no matter who is the culprit.
yes?

apology accepted. ;)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 01:32:22 AM »
I ent see was de big deal about Gayle saying Clarke shoulda get some licks too.
Basically what he saying is Clarke start it by saying "............" and was his word against Clarke, so if you fine me 30% for giving him a lil shoulder bump at least he shoulda get a lil censure too, end of story.

Gayle a cry baby ? NAH THEM FELLAS GETTING TOO MUCH LICKS OVER THE YEARS TO KNOW WHAT CRYING IS ABOUT.
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>