April 23, 2024, 09:20:40 AM

Author Topic: Columbus Communications Blocking EPL Matches..  (Read 6527 times)

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Columbus Communications Blocking EPL Matches..
« on: October 22, 2006, 11:37:45 AM »
They're blocking all the live EPL matches !

Rumour is that they are going to sell packages , and live EPL football is one of them..Does anyone know how much you would have to pay .. or when it is available ?
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Columbus Communications Blocking EPL Matches..
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 09:27:29 AM »
I have been calling with this complaint and their csr people say the technicians don't know what the problem is... :'(
I am so mad and I have threatened them with action, I'll be writing to them and the telecom authority to complain.
they can't get away with this without a lot of noise from me. maybe if enough people write letters and call to complain they'll have to make a statement or something :-\

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 10:02:26 AM »
and people thought mih father was a madman when he put on he midnight robber costume and went and beg to join the band of robbers in the cctt bbuilding... :o
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 10:05:46 AM »
Dem is rell jackasses....     all i want is to watch my football...  now dey cut it all...   i cudnt believe what i was seeing  and to hear the stupid nonsense excuses wen i call is unbelievable....

when yuh living in a third world country.. das all i cud say

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 10:35:06 AM »
on the flipside, is only when yuh living in ah 3rd world country you could be getting level english, spanish, italian, german, argentine, brazilian and mls league football for free off a pirate feed cable company without having to purchase games or extra channels at exorbitant costs...

dont get me wrong, i would be real screwing if they just cut my feed dry so that is thing to want to bun dong de cable company for..

but is the cable company still pirating the channels or is it legit now?? what is the situation?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 10:38:41 AM »
on the flipside, is only when yuh living in ah 3rd world country you could be getting level english, spanish, italian, german, argentine, brazilian and mls league football for free off a pirate feed cable company without having to purchase games or extra channels at exorbitant costs...

dont get me wrong, i would be real screwing if they just cut my feed dry so that is thing to want to bun dong de cable company for..

but is the cable company still pirating the channels or is it legit now?? what is the situation?

cable in tnt  only shows...   CL(good) .. EPL(not dat great due to setanta having most of the big games).. La Liga(shitty games only)... Serie A(shitty games only)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 10:51:13 AM »
when i left 2 yrs ago it was..

CL - all games back to back plus replays through thursday and friday
EPL - game on a sunday, lottery whether is sh1t games or good ones but at least you see all the teams play throughout the season. More often than not you could get a big game in de mix
Italian - same like EPL
La liga - Most often barca against whoever, real against whoever or valencia against whoever. always a top 6 side.

On top of that ESPN international is ah blessing cause if yuh watch de spanish sportscenter, the highlights showing everything in the games in all the leagues. detailed highlights down to beats and all even if yuh cant understand what they saying...

is that no longer the case?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 10:53:31 AM »
Boy! You guys seem to be getting a raw deal.
We are not having this problem in Jamaica.
jjbrown

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 10:55:37 AM »
Do you get spanish language channels there ?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 11:23:31 AM »
i call them  ppl and is the same stupid excuses. That is all i watch on cable...EPL, otherwise my tv off...i ready to fire bun cable tv if i didn't have a lil sister who want to watch mtv and synergy. I will have to break it to her nicely that she need to sacrficie for the bigger picture...no EPL, no paying cable...steups.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 12:44:59 PM »
Gol Tv & Real Madrid TV in Spanish & English. Cubavision and about two other spanish channels. More can be added if the Spanish subscribers petition. 
jjbrown

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 12:48:13 PM »
Gol Tv & Real Madrid TV in Spanish & English. Cubavision and about two other spanish channels. More can be added if the Spanish subscribers petition. 
OK

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 12:48:56 PM »

lucky u

Americans have it the best at the moment though

DirectTV!...   they get FSC(EPL) and FSC spanish...GolTV(La Liga,Bundesliga) and Setanta Sports(Best EPL games)!!!!   and setanta sports has MU TV and Real Madrid TV and Chelsea TV

in tnt yuh cannont get setanta through DirectTV...   thank god for Trotters and online streams

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 12:55:53 PM »
i call them  ppl and is the same stupid excuses. That is all i watch on cable...EPL, otherwise my tv off...i ready to fire bun cable tv if i didn't have a lil sister who want to watch mtv and synergy. I will have to break it to her nicely that she need to sacrficie for the bigger picture...no EPL, no paying cable...steups.
I don't know if the market in T&T is there for football like Jamaica. Can't one of your local tv stations start the ball rolling to get a sports channel.
From Sunday to Sunday a football match is shown on one of Jamaica's local sports station, live or taped. Schoolboy football or the NPL.
Right now though TVJ-SPORTS network is rebroadcasting the ball for ball West Indies/Australia ICC Champions Cup match. Again. For the fifth time.  ::)
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 01:02:32 PM »

lucky u

Americans have it the best at the moment though

DirectTV!...   they get FSC(EPL) and FSC spanish...GolTV(La Liga,Bundesliga) and Setanta Sports(Best EPL games)!!!!   and setanta sports has MU TV and Real Madrid TV and Chelsea TV

in tnt yuh cannont get setanta through DirectTV...   thank god for Trotters and online streams
???! Setanta Sports is the only channel missing from Jamaica's cable lineup. For now. Who's to say what the future holds when officially FOX SOCCER CHANNEL JAMAICA will be on the airwaves on Wednesday November 1, 2006.
jjbrown

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 02:09:36 PM »
dookie is all about the money.

i here in atlanta watching my Fox Sports with EPL action good good. one day Comcast send me a letter stating that Fox Sports now going to be packaged with Gol TV for ah extra $10/month on top of the $100+ i already paying for cable & internets.

then dey have the gall to tell me doh dig no horrors dey go replace it with the Golf Channel & BET Jazz.

i tell them no thanks. the only time I tell them turn on the package was to watch the T&T - bahrain game. even them ah call them as the game done and tell dem cancel it.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 02:56:55 PM »
boy this is so much shit i cant believe

i now get tv in my room personal cable box

my whole family real happy sayin boy watch football whl day yuh aint botherin we

an saturday and sunday is nonsense!!!!!

i contemplating carrying back dat box and takin direc tv so at least meh sports go be crips
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 03:00:42 PM »
boy this is so much shit i cant believe

i now get tv in my room personal cable box

my whole family real happy sayin boy watch football whl day yuh aint botherin we

an saturday and sunday is nonsense!!!!!

i contemplating carrying back dat box and takin direc tv so at least meh sports go be crips

is best yuh get direct tv..   cuz den yuh cud get FSC (without being blocked)and GolTV

Offline trinikid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 09:45:43 AM »
To the man from atl i am a comcast subscriber got the fsc package with gol tv  i still dont think dats enough football doh lol they selling all d big games on payperview but say wah i think i need a bootlegged box with dishnetwork you get everythinggggg i mean everythingg if u get dishnetwork with a chipped card lol even cricket comcast in even have d option for cricket i woulda get dish BUT it have one big tree infront meh place eh doing nothing IT in even baring a fruit serving no purpose lol Anyway i got the package from comcast for 5 dollars a month gol tv fsc and i think it have another channel but it in spanish u have to pay for it doh all the good epl game be on that Blessss

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 10:08:20 AM »
Directv real good, but they expensive,when you start to add the additions. I have the FSC and Gol, but ah really want to add on the setanta, but it is an extra 14.95... The upside to that is yuh getting plenty championship, SPL, EPL, Dutch etc:

Offline Darkromeo

• New Warrior
  • Tru Tru warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 10:43:49 AM »
Columbus Communications Blocking EPL Matches............. one word BULLSHIT

BULLSHIT >:(

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 10:22:36 AM »
Went down by Columbus communications...aka...FLOW to pay my bill.

Nice new set up in nicholas towers.

Plenty big screen tv, with the new boxes on display and a nice pleather couch to watch Cricket...at that time India was 2 something for 7.

So while paying my bill I ask the CSR..."miss excuse....what going on with fox sports why you all cuttin or freezing the game just before it start"

She says you all....what you mean...you mean Flow?

I say YES...alyuh freezing the games for the past two weeks.

She says she knows nothing about that, how I would have to talk to the technicians and if its anything the problem stems from Fox sports. Then she says if I am using an analog box or an old box I may be experiencing some sort of channel interference but if I have the new digital one I have to pay a subscription fee....But as far as she is concerened fox sports is showing and working fine.

So yuh know me...I say "miss what you just tell me....and nuttin...is d same thing....May I speak to a technician or a manager please. I need this broken down in laymans terms."

I also tell her so "if I am not receiving proper service...I am experiencing freezes for hours at a time and I cannot view other channels properly that I have paid for.......am I not entitled to some form of compensation? " I do not see why I must pay $197 for a service that is not functioning properly....can you answer that and the discount that I am getting until fox sports and the rest of channels are fixed.

Is a good thing I in meh shirt and tie and I talking proper english in a controlled manner.

The woman like she get vex and tell meh take a seat she will call somebody to deal with me.

So a kinda security/rent a cop come and play he imposing heself

alyuh if yuh ever went in CCTT in town yuh go know the fella....watch he conduct

Sir...what is the problem?

Are you a tech person, a fox sports rep, or a Manager?

No.

Then thank you but I do not think you can assist me.

Then I spoke to a lady by the door behind a counter in a yellow button up

She started off that oh the station is functioning properly etc.

I say Miss...you could tell them people that, come correct please....why only on saturday and why only the Live EPL games, and why only 2 weeks ago?

Well sir it is part of the digital upgrade etc...you may be experiencing distrubance.

I say miss give me a better explaination.

I hit her so why must I pay for a service that is not being offered properly, I want a discount for that, for MTV, for Synergy and all the other stations that not showing good.

She hush and say she cannot do that and no one here can give me a discount.

So then she says Direct TV and TV6 have the rights to the game and then she start to raise her voice and shout and say THAT IS THE LAW OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO and WE are obliged to block it off.

I watch her and calmly replied...that is the law?

Yes that is the law sir....all big games it is the law.

I say Miss....you are incorrect. All big games are not shown on fox sports, you have to order them from setenta sport, or a pay per view via cirect tv. TV6 has never shown a fox sports game and they do not use their feed. As for fox sports on direct tv it shows perfectly.

Then she says...well when you get your digital set up if you are willing to pay for this service it will be available to you.

I say ok....then I casually flick open the new brochure of digital channels and packages available. FOX sports is currently free and will remain free on the new digital setup...I point to the channel and show her.

So miss....either I blind, this brochure is wrong or you telling me something that is incorrect. But fox sports here is free. So what you making me pay for now???

So I start up...so yuh mean alyuh theifing the channel, and den making me pay again to see a game that is showing normal for free.

Den I start to move in shit up mode...."miss who tell you to give the customers this info?" "What kiinda wrong thing is this and misinformation you giving people" Den I say "Yuh know what I not going and pay alyuh a damn cent again...is Direct tv for me"

Well yuh know Trinis is d bess makkos....so everybody who was listening done hear me and chiming in with dey 2 cents....Yes they theifing, she ent know what she talking bout...a next man bawl dais why I ent pay dem in 6 months and is only 200 dey gettin.

Folks dey going and take orf hbo and the movie channels and make you pay 25$ for it they also have some more packages with spanish and music but no sports.

So is d same shit and more money you go hadda pay.....and yuh hadda rent all extra digital boxes at 25$ a month.

I seriously considering Direct TV.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 10:29:31 AM »
good talks there man. I will also be checking direct tv

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 11:37:12 AM »
when i left 2 yrs ago it was..

CL - all games back to back plus replays through thursday and friday
EPL - game on a sunday, lottery whether is sh1t games or good ones but at least you see all the teams play throughout the season. More often than not you could get a big game in de mix
Italian - same like EPL
La liga - Most often barca against whoever, real against whoever or valencia against whoever. always a top 6 side.

On top of that ESPN international is ah blessing cause if yuh watch de spanish sportscenter, the highlights showing everything in the games in all the leagues. detailed highlights down to beats and all even if yuh cant understand what they saying...

is that no longer the case?

that is how it was up to last season
but this year is a whole new ball game

La Liga is only Getafe and Osasuna games
yuh still getting one Real or a Valencia every weekend but no Barca
I download very Barca game so far to watch it
right now meh HD bussing with games

Fox Sports real f**king up with the EPl it does start and jes stop and freeze I thought it was one off but I realise they doing it on purpose now. It eh east for a man to get up early on a Sat morning to be faced with that shit.

But CCTT playing the good ass right through. These days at least one station, and more often than not is the station yuh want to watch, the audio does be out ah sync. Expecially Gayelle and Tempo.

But I eh loss I pay ah $800 and buy a cable box not one cable I paying for and I have porn for free to.

Més que un club.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 11:53:38 AM »

Is directTV in dey Kudders munt from now on!!

fire for Columbus!!

ah vex!! >:(
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 01:11:08 PM »

Is directTV in dey Kudders munt from now on!!

fire for Columbus!!

ah vex!! >:(

boss Direct TV in Trinidad is real shit eh
doh get it twisted
real shit stations and real spanish generally speaking we have it good with cable for the hour

Més que un club.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 01:18:19 PM »
so you mean direct tv don't have the sports from sky in the uk? or the fox channel?
I'll have to get their info and check properly. thanks for the heads up

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 01:20:49 PM »
well i have direct tv back home (well my parents cuz i eh paying for it) and it does have fox sports...it in spanish but i must say direct tv is de real scene for football...wit all dem youth tournaments and ting yuh does get with DVD quality yuh cant go wrong....that alone does make it worth it to me
Plus de sony channel for those who like their sitcoms is damn good....and well de movies aint the bess but not half bad
Back in Trini...

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »
Trinis love a freeco eh?  Pay for the EPL!  lol  In the US DirecTV has FoxSports and Gol TV and others as part of a Sports pack for $12.00 per month.  Apart from that, Setanta Sports is an additional $12.00 or more per month.  Apart from that there is a specialized EPL plan for $250 or something so a year.  Cricket is also $200 and something a year.  And this is US$ I am referring to by the way.

You also have to pay extra for movie channels.  In Trinidad I understand that HBO, Cinemax etc are complementary with the regular package.  In the US it costs one set of money for HBO, another set of money for Cinemax, and yet another set of money for Starz.  If you want all three is three by $12.00 or so you have to pay.

So pay the money and hush allyuh mout.

If yuh doh want to pay, do the next best thing and drop the service.  If enough people do that the company will be forced to reinstate the freeness.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 01:34:08 PM by Jahyouth »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 01:44:03 PM »

You also have to pay extra for movie channels.  In Trinidad I understand that HBO, Cinemax etc are complementary with the regular package.  In the US it costs one set of money for HBO, another set of money for Cinemax, and yet another set of money for Starz.  If you want all three is three by $12.00 or so you have to pay.

that is wha I telling men
we have it nice still, my family in NY paying $56 us for cable and is real shit them getting
but on the other hand my padna upstate does carry he direct tv box by ah man every 2 months or so and the man does do some simmy dimmy and he does come back with 600+ stations, yuh eh know where to begin

Direc TV real good for sports I eh go lie
yuh getting boxing and football right up and if yuh have a plasma or lcd tv yuh seeing it real clear cause is digital but the rest of it is shit
because of where Trinidad is located in the world we getting it from south america hence most of it is in spanish or have spanish subtitles on the bottom

Més que un club.

1]; } ?>