April 29, 2024, 08:26:32 AM

Author Topic: Clyde Leon Thread  (Read 28998 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Clyde Leon ?
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2009, 12:35:50 PM »
Great talent ! is he injured ? Is he playing for W lately ??
Who dat shyte snake!! yuh eh see how much chances pancho give him like he's ah relative and the man just bummed every time. clyde leon needs tuh stay where he is, in the PFL.

BTW, trent noel took his place and rightfully so.

He eh dat bad :devil: but I did find Pacho stuck with him a bit too long while suffering Trent on the bench.  Now that Trent has cracked the lineup we can plainly see the difference in quality between the two.  Ah wouldn't say he's ah hong doh.
Well then allow me tuh say it!

Allyuh rell f**k up oui :rotfl:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is Clyde Leon the next Anthony Rougier Utility man Extroadinaire?
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2009, 02:02:23 PM »
nope
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2009, 02:19:55 PM »
A better question would be could he possibly changed into a defender for the national team maybe a sweeper or a stopper cuz thats what we need!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2009, 02:34:11 PM »
nope

Short and 2 d pt.

QUICK!!!  Call Police!  Immigration!  Anybody!!

Somebody teef weary password!!   If was de REAL weary, we ALL know dah BM post was RIPE fuh a cosign ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2009, 02:38:15 PM »
nope

Short and 2 d pt.

QUICK!!!  Call Police!  Immigration!  Anybody!!

Somebody teef weary password!!   If was de REAL weary, we ALL know dah BM post was RIPE fuh a cosign ;D

Nah it eh ripe 4 a cosign my signature 4 a post like this

1 word NOOOOOOOOOOOO
2 words HELLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOO
3 words ARE U CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2009, 02:47:34 PM »
Is long time now i ent post a comment... i does just read de shit men does post... First of all when man still talking about "TRAP" in foot-ball, yuh could tell they real outdated. trap is weh ah man kill ah ball dead in a game...u talking u 10 foot-ball... now ah days man first touch does take them away from pressure and in space... watch de best players on de worl stage yuh will see what I'm talking about..... maybe Rougier use to real trap ball in he days..but again is trini... hoperfull in de next up coming WC qualifers we players ent trapin ball....

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2009, 04:58:15 PM »
Hope not. Jack of all, Master of none.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2009, 07:31:39 AM »
Is long time now i ent post a comment... i does just read de shit men does post... First of all when man still talking about "TRAP" in foot-ball, yuh could tell they real outdated. trap is weh ah man kill ah ball dead in a game...u talking u 10 foot-ball... now ah days man first touch does take them away from pressure and in space... watch de best players on de worl stage yuh will see what I'm talking about..... maybe Rougier use to real trap ball in he days..but again is trini... hoperfull in de next up coming WC qualifers we players ent trapin ball....

I think he means he has good control and technical skill...its the same as wen Us call players outside backs...das not shit boss...is just a local term...and fyi dere are many times wen u control and the ball has to be as close as possible 2 u to maintain posession... :beermug:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2009, 03:06:29 PM »

I think he means he has good control and technical skill...its the same as wen Us call players outside backs...das not shit boss...is just a local term...and fyi dere are many times wen u control and the ball has to be as close as possible 2 u to maintain posession... :beermug:

man dis ah trinibagonian forum man, if ah man say 'trap' we know wha he mean man.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2009, 09:23:07 AM »
Well said Fyzoman- Just as when we say - Tabanca is not the same as gilted. Back back instead of reverse.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2009, 09:14:21 AM »

man dis ah trinibagonian forum man, if ah man say 'trap' we know wha he mean man.

ent..who eh know what trap mean...eldo, yuh sure u from trinidad?

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Clyde Leon Thread
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2009, 07:16:16 AM »
Leon off to Birmingham
W Connection take on Joe Public tonight
By: Ian Prescott

W Connection will be without stalwart defensive midfielder Clyde Leon tonight when they take on new Digicel Pro League champions Joe Public in a match which will decide the 2009 Pro League Big Six champs.

Leon, 26, is currently in England having a one-week trial at Premier League club Birmingham City.

W Connection owner David John Williams confirmed that the Trinidad and Tobago midfielder was in England and said the trial was arranged due to a relationship between Birmingham manager Alex McLeish and his club.

"Clyde has a wonderful opportunity," John Williams said. "It's up to him to make the best of it."Â

But even without Leon, W Connection are expected to be formidable opponents when they take on Joe Public from 7 p.m. at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva in the battle for the Big Six title.

Going into the final match, both teams are level on ten points, but Joe Public have a better goal difference. A draw will be enough for Joe Public to clinch the Big Six, while W Connection must win to steal the honours.

The match is of greater significance to W Connection (44 points), who are also battling former Pro League champions San Juan Jabloteh (45 points) and Caledonia AIA of Morvant-Laventille (44 points) for second place in the Pro League.

Along with new champs Joe Public, the Pro League runners-up will qualify to contest the 2010 Caribbean Club Championship, which is a qualifier for the CONCACAF Champions League.

Reigning Caribbean Club champs W Connection were unlucky last week when just failing to reach the quarter-finals of the CONCACAF Champions League.

And the other contenders for second-place in the Pro League will also be in action tonight.

Currently second, Jabloteh face a difficult Ma Pau team at Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya, while Caledonia AIA entertain Defence Force at Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar.

Kingman
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:39:42 AM by Flex »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leon off to Trails at Birmingham
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2009, 07:18:37 AM »
Good luck

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2009, 07:31:51 AM »
I really hope he does well and proves his detractors wrong.  Despite our almost always negative overview of CL he is in fact a very industrious holding mid and has good vision passing the ball.  Some of us see him as a laborer but I think that is an insultive term to use for a player that has as many workable skills as Leon does.  All the best CL make or break you are still one of our own and many of us (despite the criticisms) I hope still want to see you succeed.  Do yuh ting fella!!!

Thanx Kingman fuh de info.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2009, 07:35:54 AM »
great news,hope he impresses,gets a contract,gain some experience.lord knows we defense needs improving.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2009, 08:25:49 AM »
great news,hope he impresses,gets a contract,gain some experience.lord knows we defense needs improving.

Yuh know he not a defender right cap?  8)

Good luck Clyde.  Carpe de forkane diem!!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2009, 08:51:46 AM »
Good luck.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2009, 09:25:31 AM »
dispite the complaints on this site he is a good player.

He have a good bullet as that goal scored in the champions league showed.

His only issue is lack of pace but england is the best place to work on speed of play.
Hopefully he get picked up.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2009, 09:33:45 AM »
Hope he has a good compass and equipment...I heard those trails in Birmingham are long & winding, and the terrain is rough...those who get lost, could be lost for good....

Seriously though- good luck to Clyde...The more players we have at high levels of competition, the better. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2009, 09:57:41 AM »
Good luck to de bredda!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2009, 10:25:28 AM »
well blow me down...

go brave young man, go brave

lol@kicker
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2009, 11:02:57 AM »
This could be great news for us. Leon is our best def mid locally but somehow on the international stage he just didn't play like he normally does. I doh think there is anywhere better in the world for a DM to improve his game than in the EPL .

How they get that link though? That come out of nowhere
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2009, 04:21:30 PM »
Boa Sorte, man!!!!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2009, 04:06:16 AM »
I goin and play ah lotto
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2009, 08:24:39 AM »
I goin and play ah lotto

Nah, you wrong fuh dat, breds  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2009, 08:29:35 AM »

Hope he finds the right " trail"
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2009, 09:07:34 AM »
boy now getting out at 26 !!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2009, 09:09:21 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline HEARNAR

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2009, 09:36:12 AM »
Best of luck CL.

1]; } ?>