April 26, 2024, 10:12:03 PM

Author Topic: Clyde Leon Thread  (Read 28960 times)

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leon off to Trails at Birmingham
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
 ;D what's next ??...Theobold getting ah call too???  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:.... anyways Good luck CL

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2009, 02:11:28 PM »
this would be HUGE dred
A defensive mid playing at prem-level?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2009, 02:24:44 PM »
look and see it go be ah... "he had a nice trial, impressed the coaches but was not what Birmingham was looking for" He is not an EPL player.... Prove me wrong Leon.... :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »
this would be HUGE dred
A defensive mid playing at prem-level?
Don't like his game, but i wish him all the best. make that money.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2009, 06:34:32 AM »
Wonder if Leon got signed yet ? ....  ;)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2009, 07:45:47 AM »
Wonder if Leon got signed yet ? ....  ;)

signed ? hmmmm well he sure not making waves like how peltier did 2 years back !!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Clyde Leon Thread
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2010, 12:17:21 PM »
Leon could return to Oldham.
TTFF Media.

National team and W Connection midfielder Clyde Leon  is hopeful of returning to English club Oldham Athletic for a second trial in the lead up to the new season.

Leon spent close to two weeks at the club on trial earlier this year after an initial trial with Premiership club Birmingham City. However, a successful application for a UK work permit is what stands in the way of Leon possibly playing in the English Leagues.

“Everything is in place for a return in terms of the club liking what they saw of me but it’s all down to whether the work permit application is successful.  I trained with the club and the staff liked what they saw and they told me that I would be recalled but it depends on whether the permit comes through,” Leon said.

“I went to Birmingham first and the feedback was positive but they made it clear that they were looking for a player who had more experience at the Premiership level and so they made arrangements for me to join Oldham a week later.”

While Leon is hopeful of returning to Europe, he is focused at the moment on doing well for W Connection and Russell Latapy’s senior team with which he is expected to lead the midfield against Chile on May 5.

“It’s a good to start off the season with a win over Jabloteh and my focus is there at the moment and also for the national team.”

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:25:30 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leon could return to Oldham
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
Leon could return to Oldham.
TTFF Media.

National team and W Connection midfielder Clyde Leon  is hopeful of returning to English club Oldham Athletic for a second trial in the lead up to the new season.

Leon spent close to two weeks at the club on trial earlier this year after an initial trial with Premiership club Birmingham City. However, a successful application for a UK work permit is what stands in the way of Leon possibly playing in the English Leagues.

“Everything is in place for a return in terms of the club liking what they saw of me but it’s all down to whether the work permit application is successful.  I trained with the club and the staff liked what they saw and they told me that I would be recalled but it depends on whether the permit comes through,” Leon said.

“I went to Birmingham first and the feedback was positive but they made it clear that they were looking for a player who had more experience at the Premiership level and so they made arrangements for me to join Oldham a week later.”

While Leon is hopeful of returning to Europe, he is focused at the moment on doing well for W Connection and Russell Latapy’s senior team with which he is expected to lead the midfield against Chile on May 5.

“It’s a good to start off the season with a win over Jabloteh and my focus is there at the moment and also for the national team.”

we are ranked 91 now ... players better start looking at other leagues
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2010, 03:23:25 PM »
If a team really want you they will take no matter the rankings. Is just that everybody wants to play in England.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2010, 06:30:15 PM »
If a team really want you they will take no matter the rankings. Is just that everybody wants to play in England.
Team could want him all day, but ranking affects his work permit.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2010, 09:10:39 PM »
Team could want him all day, but ranking affects his work permit.

In England. They can try somewhere else. If you want it you can really try

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is Clyde Leon the next Anthony Rougier Utility man Extroadinaire?
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2010, 07:18:37 PM »
just cool, look yuh boy  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HW2O5wjwjz4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HW2O5wjwjz4</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trinipepper

• New Warrior
  • addin fire to the flame ...izatrini
    • View Profile
Re: Is Clyde Leon the next Anthony Rougier Utility man Extroadinaire?
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2010, 10:46:16 AM »
He is a simple player to me. He can play every position on the field. He reads the game well if only he would have some help... a good defensive midfielder.. right now it have real pull stone and shit hound on the T&T Men National team that should have the spotlight who cant even pass the ball to a player, read the game and trap a ball...They should not even make the team... 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Clyde Leon Thread
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2010, 05:32:15 AM »
Leon confident of T&T’s Gold Cup qualification
T&T Guardian

Soca Warriors captain, Clyde Leon, is quietly confident his team, the Soca Warriors, can reach the semifinal stage of the Digicel Caribbean Cup Finals in Martinique, which will secure a Concacaf Gold Cup spot in the USA next year. The Soca Warriors, seven-time winners of the regional crown, qualified for the eight-team finals after topping its Second Round Group F qualifiers at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella, on Saturday with wins over St Vincent and the Grenadines (6–2), Guyana (2–1) and Haiti (4–0). In Martinique, the Soca Warriors, who failed to qualify for the previous tournament under Colombian coach, Francisco Maturana, will compete in Group H with the host country, last year’s beaten finalist Grenada and the winner of Group G (Antigua & Barbuda, Suriname, Cuba and Dominica) which kicks off at the Antigua Recreation Ground, today.

The Soca Warriors’ will kick off the Finals with a match against the Group G winners on November 26 at the Pierre Aliker Dillon Stadium.
The other group will comprise defending champion and four-time winner, Jamaica, Guyana, Guadeloupe and the Group G runner-up. The winner of the Digicel Caribbean Cup will receive US$120,000 and the runners up US$70,000. Speaking ahead of the finals, Leon, who missed the 4–0 win over Haiti because of a hamstring strain, said, “Being in the same group as the host nation Martinique means that we will be up against the home crowd, but I think we are ready for the challenge.

“Grenada and Martinique are good teams also and I don’t expect they will be easy to overcome, but we are also getting better game by game and I am not worried about the opposition right now. We just have to do our homework and go out there and keep that momentum going from our last three matches,” Leon said. The T&T team is carded to resume training on Monday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, while the T&T Football Federation and team management are still in the process of finalising an international friendly for November 17, which is a Fifa international date. Nicaragua initially agreed to host T&T from November 15 to 18, but travel complications have forced a cancellation.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leon confident of T&T’s Gold Cup qualification
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2010, 09:17:33 PM »
 :beermug: skipper
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Clyde Leon Thread
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2011, 05:08:30 AM »
Leon leaves Connection, joins T&TEC.
T&T Guardian Reports.

National senior football captain Clyde Leon has left W Connection, penning a one-year-contract with T&T Pro League new team T&TEC.

Leon made the move just about a month ago and has been training with last year’s Bmobile National Super League champion since leaving the Savonetta-based club.

Leon yesterday shared that he made the decision following the end of his contract with Connection. The 27-year-old midfielder signed with W Connection in 2003 and had been on trials abroad at English clubs Birmingham City and Oldham Athletic.

He has 38 appearances for the Soca Warriors and captained the national team last year during the Digicel Caribbean Cup.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leon leaves Connection, joins T&TEC.
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2011, 03:02:55 PM »
Man looking for wuk! Good luck.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leon leaves Connection, joins T&TEC.
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2011, 06:45:46 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0SO4uFO1xOU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0SO4uFO1xOU</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Clyde Leon Thread
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2011, 05:09:59 AM »
Leon joins Colombian club.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Former W-Connection mid-fielder, Clyde Leon has signed to play in the Colombia Professional Division One League with team Corporacion Deportivo Itagüí Ditaires.

Leon was assisted in getting the contract by Mercuri Caribbean Limited who through their Brazilian contacts, secured the contract for the Trinidad and Tobago player.

Mercuri Caribbean has been working with Leon and his agent for some time to get a foreign contract. Leon welcomed the challenge as it will help him grow and excel as a player .

He was originally carded to play for T&TEC in this year’s local Professional League but his aspirations have escalated him to the Colombian First Division.

Leon left on Saturday to meet with the general manager of Corporacion Deportivo Itagui and Mercuri’s Caribbean partner. The local player is expected to conduct a medical examination on Monday and should begin training with his new team shortly.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 11:44:50 AM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Leon joins Colombian club.
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2011, 06:55:38 AM »
Leon joins Colombian club.
T&T Newsday Reports.

He was originally carded to play for T&TEC in this year’s local Professional League but his aspirations have escalated him to the Colombian First Division.

Escalated him...........hmmmmm

Hope it works out!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2011, 07:32:36 AM »
It is an eye-catching choice of words, but perhaps supportable to some degree ... especially dependent on what the player gains from the opportunity. He's likely to be the only foreigner on that squad.

Anyway, the report is mistaken at least with respect to "Professional Division One". The team is a Primera A squad, fairly recently promoted from what would have been the First Division (Primera B).

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2011, 07:43:47 AM »
if it is the top division it will be good, Columbia have a good league.

he will learn the possesion game which will help the national team midfield.

We need to try to get more men into south and central america leagues.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2011, 07:56:40 AM »
Surprising that the proximity of Trinidad to South America and Mexico has not led to greater interest in our players securing contracts in those leagues.  The language barrier might be an issue, but outside of the UK, it's the same thing.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2011, 08:02:19 AM »
Who is Clyde Noel

An bet yuh is Joel Bailey who worte that article.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2011, 08:34:58 AM »
According to Wikipedia, Itagui made history last season by being the first "Primera B" (second division) side to make it to the final of the Colombian Cup (Copa Colombia), where they lost to Deportivo Cali in the final. For those who are familiar with Colombian football, they did it by beating teams like Tolima, Atletico Nacional, Once Caldas, Medellin, and Millonarios in the process. It's a relatively young club (founded in 1991), so there really isn't much other club history to discuss.

That being said, this seems like a nice move for Leon... congrats and good luck to him. :thumbsup: After seeing all the Colombians who have came through the Pro League, it's about time that we see a Trini in Colombia. Who knows- maybe he'll be the first Trini to play in Copa Libertadores someday :beermug: (someone please correct me if a Trini has already done this).

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2011, 09:52:23 AM »
Any move out of TT pro league is ah good move

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2011, 11:26:09 AM »
Good luck to Clyde, Pfister loves this guy a lot ! He said he is impress with his attitude and discipline.

Jack will raise again !!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:33:44 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2011, 12:46:45 PM »
Good luck to Clyde, Pfister loves this guy a lot ! He said he is impress with his attitude and discipline.

And no mention of his technical skills and ability to read the game?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2011, 02:00:18 PM »

And no mention of his technical skills and ability to read the game?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
I don't know what yuh mean by that deese but if yuh saying in ah nut shell that leon is ah shit snake, then i with yuh on that.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2011, 04:12:38 PM »
Ah wonder why dis boy going Colombia ent Colombian players daz come in TT to play dey football.

1]; } ?>