April 27, 2024, 03:15:15 AM

Author Topic: should leo beenhakker be retained as national coach after the WCQ????  (Read 962 times)

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
all efforts should be made to retain coach leo beenhakker after the WCQ even if the unthinkable happens and the warriors do not qualify for the WC.he is by far the best and most experienced coach to ever graced our national team and i think that he can do wonders to develop the game not only locally but in the region as well.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 07:53:40 AM by jaden »
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Sorry to burst the bubble and I know ppl like to be eternally optimistic but like a man say in another thread " get a good trini woman to latch onto beenie" cause only that will make him stay. Look at the man track record. He have a history of leaving jobs quickly so once he accomplish what he came here to do he will be gone, unfortunately. Right now his contract is only until October and doesn't include the Mexico game, I presume it wil be extended to include the World Cup as jack guages that we won't need the Mexico game in order to know if we make it or not.

Besides, most experienced managers recogise that the best time to resign is after big tournaments...because it's a thankless job, if he stays on it's only to risk being remembered for the wrng reasons as people will tend to 4get where he found the team and where he put them. Rather they will focus on the negative results that will inevtiably come once the passion and drive that put is through to the World Cup is gone and Yorke, Marvin Andrews, Shaka and possibly other senior players retire and we are in a  rebuilding process.

" The evil that men do lives on after them, while the good is oft interred in their bones"
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
point well taken
mistakes are stepping stones to success

1]; } ?>