April 25, 2024, 05:10:30 PM

Author Topic: Spann heads back home.  (Read 8639 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Spann heads back home.
« on: October 25, 2006, 01:08:16 PM »
Spann heads back home.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Silvio Spann will be returning to his homeland this month in an attempt to regain some match fitness leading up to the country’s Digicel Cup and Gold Cup campaign next year.
Spann has been at English club Port Vale on trial for the past two weeks but has been restricted to action for the Reserves and is fancying his chances of returning to full match fitness by joining one of two Pro League clubs which he preferred to list as unknown.
He has fully recovered from hamstring and ankle injuries and added that he has been encouraged by head coach Wim Rijsbergen to work on his match fitness.
“I decided to return home because I want to pay special emphasis on my match fitness so I think I can come back and get in the training and the matches,” Spann told TTFF Media.
“I will also be working on getting back into the national team maybe for the Digicel Cup and take it from there. I have had talks with coach Wim (Rijsbergen) and he is aware of my fitness now.”
Meantime, Coventry City striker Stern John is doubtful for Saturday’s clash with Barnsley after suffering a gash on his ankle in the recent 2-1 win over Colchester United.
John’s follow through on a shot met the underside of an opposing defender’s boot and he sustained the cut inside the first minute. John spent five minutes off the field but returned to action before receiving six stitches at half time. He is currently on crutches and is eying a return against ex-club Birmingham City next Tuesday.
“It happened very early in the game and I went off for a bit but I was able to go back on and get on with the game. I was able to play on but now that it has settled, I have to use the crutches and it means I could miss the game on the weekend. I’m disappointed with that because I’m on a high right now. Hopefully I could be ready for the Birmingham match next week,” John added.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 02:23:08 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Spann heads back home
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 01:11:07 PM »
SO i guess its not W connection .. it may be joe public
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 01:19:01 PM »
lol..........tings real bad with spann boy.  He self esteem mustbe gone down de drain.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 01:24:40 PM »
Birchall just leave ,am guessing the last ting Vale wanted was another player allways with this national duty thing ah ma jig .let him go home and find that fire again .

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 01:56:28 PM »
lol..........tings real bad with spann boy.  He self esteem mustbe gone down de drain.

From interviews I have read with him, Spann seem to me to be a fella who put de Almighty above all else and if dat is de case, he confidence might be a lil dented, he pride a lil wounded, but he self esteem eh go go dong de drain.

What dis experience shows is a few things:

1 - It never easy to come back from a serious injury
2 - As good as we believe we players to be...different climates, different environment, different expectations is a whole nex story.
3 - Spann makin a move back to de PFL AT DIS STAGE is a win win situation for himself, the PFL, and T&T football in general.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 02:04:45 PM »
were are all those who were saying that Spann and others should wait until after the WC to sign new contracts??
a bird in the hand....

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 02:17:03 PM »
Ah hadda feel it for Silvo...oui

He and Dog had the injury around  the same time...

Now dog back to full fitness wetting strikers in Rovers..

Hope he reach back soon
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 02:23:24 PM »
Spann fall in the same boat as Rahim.

We consider him a god player because he have "Touches" as we say in Trini.

But Touches is not everything especially when is English Football you trying to break into.

Sometimes a man who could just run all day like a horse have a better chance than a man with touches.

It is not so much of how ood the player is but more so the fit.

maybe he just doh fit.

He should concentrate on a good 1-2 years Starting and staring in the PFL
he can be a good assest for 2010

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Spann heads back home.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 02:48:42 PM »
I feel that he rush back into the fold because he wants to play over seas and who can blame he he’s not getting any younger my suggestion is stay with the PFL play for the national team gain more caps maybe some scouts would be at the Gold Cup an take also don’t go on any more trials if the team wants you they will get you only follow up on serious deals.   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »
I say try the MLS.  That higher that we Pro League.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 04:50:40 PM »
The Pro League have one game to go and the season is over. Doh let Spann fool allyuh. Unless he sign for Joe Public and play in the Big Six, but he might be better of signing with a team who will compete in the Concacaf Cup like maybe Jabloteh because I doubt he will go back with W Connection beacuse David John Williams (Jack Warner money hungry alike) mess him up last time.

Spann need to start all over, de hype of signing in Italy and also de world cup got to him, he think he reach and got comfortable,,, but he have to start from scratch and build from there, one step at a time, God give him sense and a brian to think, he did not give him a mind to keep putting faith in him (blindly) without trying to help himself first.

Help those who help themselves....., blessard to the man who have his own....., creep before yuh leap...... he keep bawling he have faith but so far faith eh take him no way........, so time to try putting action into your faith and God will handle de rest.... I know he's trying and I wish him luck....., but take it one step at a time and you will find yuh way....., where Horse does go Donkey does reach.... also, get a good agent, time to call Mike Berry...

Its not to late, Theobald and Rahim got a wake up call, Spann and Whitley in de process... allyuh get up and get, de world not easy....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 05:11:33 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 07:21:05 PM »
Come on Spann don't give up. :challenge:

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 07:33:17 PM »
The important thing for Spann right now is for him to play some regular football to get 100% fit then get back into the national team and probably next year he could go back to Europe.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 09:45:34 PM »
I thought I was caught in the twilight zone because as far as I know that the PFL season winning down
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 12:58:32 PM »
I don't know Spann and i don't think i've even seen the guy play but if i have to go by what i've read about him he seems to be overated and it has gone to his head.

What players have to understand is what we call a good player in T&T is average over seas,the market out there is huge and only when our players get out there they does realize they are not what they thought they were.Out there have lots of average players and you have to be lucky to make it,it's not just ability.

Spann have to get off his high horses,humble himself and start from scratch,stop telling people what you want and start accepting what is offered to you,since before the WC he turning down offers now offers turning him down,i agree with Sam,what is it he waiting on,his father was good not him,these mordern day star boys just don't know what to do with the talent they have.     

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 01:59:28 PM »
I don't know Spann and i don't think i've even seen the guy play but if i have to go by what i've read about him he seems to be overated and it has gone to his head.

What players have to understand is what we call a good player in T&T is average over seas,the market out there is huge and only when our players get out there they does realize they are not what they thought they were.Out there have lots of average players and you have to be lucky to make it,it's not just ability.

Spann have to get off his high horses,humble himself and start from scratch,stop telling people what you want and start accepting what is offered to you,since before the WC he turning down offers now offers turning him down,i agree with Sam,what is it he waiting on,his father was good not him,these mordern day star boys just don't know what to do with the talent they have.     

Coop's, nuff respect eh boss, but I feel you reading dis youth wrong.  Spann is a "God" youth, dat sound like Whitley you was describing.  In a "faithful" life you are told not to settle at the 1st thing that comes your way, "not everything glitter is gold"...so Spann put his faith in the man above to open up a way for him, that's all ... it eh no "starboy (see Whitley and Stern)....' ting wit him...the fella "believing" that what is for him will show itself in due season....

Spann will be alright .. keep yuh head to the sky bredda...

Bless..
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 02:08:54 PM »

I is a Spann fan, so my opinion my be biased, but I dont think he is overated,  I for one was looking forward to seeing Spann play at the WC, and I think he is more that qualified to play Championship level football overseas,  dont know what his touch or fitness is like after this long lay off.

I only met him once very briefly and he did not strike me as aloof or having a starboy mentality, and from the interview I read on this site he seems to be a devout christian and godfearing fella.
I think the injury was a tough bit of luck, but what these guys need in addition to chanes and tryouts, is some guidance in the business of football, so our players will start making better deceisions.  About what leagues to tryout for, what deals to turn down and when, how to approach this thing as a 9-5 job and do the things that will benefit your career.
I think the timing of his injury oh the length of recovery time has been his biggest setback, now he catching his tail to break into a team.

Others like Whitley who I think gave a good showing of himself in the WC, i just doh know what going on with he, did he go on any trials afterwards?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 02:17:42 PM »
Thanks guys your feedbacks were very much appreciated.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 03:51:18 PM »

Coop's yuh did not watch d bahrain game?

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 04:00:35 PM »
Yeah Coop's, go easy breds. Spann is cool and those feedback comments you got were very fair. He'll be alright. He's been through alot and it will make him stronger.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 05:20:05 PM »
Coops doe study dem nah....

I in your corner.

I still waiting to see what Spann have to offer

I see him from Fevrier days and I see him for W connection.

I go give him he play two good games in a Central midfield vs Bahrain and a right back vs Guatemala........apart from that...he ent impress me atall.

I find he slow and he ent have no big setta frame, also defensively the man does get me vex....if anybody remember the Mexico game when he let that man stroll pass him.

Maybe I was unfortunate to not see him at his best and maybe it just so happen that all the TT games I see him play he pull stones or look average.

But I want anybody who see them Grenada games and he form then a month before WC to say he deserved a WC spot......ATALL.

Say what, maybe them coaches abroad seeing what I see too. He playing where????

But I wish him all the best and I want him get tru with a club and succeed. Doe frighten the man upstairs go handle him when its the right time.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 05:28:57 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2006, 05:48:36 AM »
He impressed me very much vs Guatemala, USA (when T&T was down 10 man, he stepped up very well on that right side) and vs Bahrain of course....

Good luck to him...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 05:50:58 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>