March 29, 2024, 02:29:48 AM

Author Topic: Life tough at Sydney FC, says under-fire Butcher  (Read 1387 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Life tough at Sydney FC, says under-fire Butcher
« on: October 26, 2006, 12:22:36 PM »

AFP
October 26, 2006
SYDNEY (AFP) - Former England captain Terry Butcher says the turmoil over his coaching future at Sydney FC is one of the most difficult periods of his professional life.

Butcher's position at the troubled Australian A-League champions is shaky after reports this week that multi-millionaire actor Anthony LaPaglia, who owns a share of the club, is behind moves to sack him as coach.

Sydney FC lies fourth in the eight-team league after only three wins, three draws and three defeats from nine matches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Club officials have given Butcher no guarantee that he will still have the job after Sunday's home match against Perth Glory.

"There is no doubt that results have not been good enough and, therefore, I take on board the criticism. But what I cannot accept are the unnecessary lies that accompany the condemnation from the so-called experts," Butcher wrote in his column in Thursday's Sydney Morning Herald.

"Another emotion that fades in and out is helplessness. Through this column, I have tried to put forward my feelings succinctly, but it has been one of the most difficult periods of my professional life.

"The storm may be raging around me, and may intensify come the weekend, but I have every confidence that there will be sunshine at the end of it."

Butcher says the drama brings back painful memories of his dismissal as the manager at Sunderland in England's second-tier league when he learnt of his fate on the radio while driving to training.

"Luckily, no one recognises me in Sydney, which is a blessing at the moment, although my head does go down whenever a stranger approaches," he wrote.

"It is like being in the eye of the storm, particularly when I return home to my family, as the tranquillity and peacefulness of our apartment is a haven that is disturbed only when I have forgotten to turn my phone to silent mode."

Warrior For Life !!

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Life tough at Sydney FC, says under-fire Butcher
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 01:44:49 PM »
Yorke smell de rat early and leave  ;D
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 01:55:48 PM »
It too early for that sit.  Three wins, three draws, and three losses, and they're still midtable, only four points off second place Adelaide.  They need to give the man a chance to do his thing.  Did they buy anyone to replace Yorke.  He has left a void in the team. 

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 02:10:38 PM »
It too early for that sit.  Three wins, three draws, and three losses, and they're still midtable, only four points off second place Adelaide.  They need to give the man a chance to do his thing.  Did they buy anyone to replace Yorke.  He has left a void in the team. 

They had signed Benito Carbone as their next "marquee" signing but he only last four games before he get ship out

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 07:49:52 PM »
Butcher, bring back Yorke , yuh go get job security  ;).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 08:16:30 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 09:11:47 PM »
I hope de whole dyam ting in Sydney collapses. >:( Learn a lesson. Yorkie yuh do good to ride out dread and dey go only now really understand your value when they see the fledgling empire collapse and all the blood sucking football vampires loose their stocks and investments. They thought that a socawarrior like you was dispensable like shit labour and could "easily be replaced" by some 2 by 4 hyped up news making player of the past, but now they understand that Sydney WAS Yorke and Yorke has qualities that no other would have, simple as dat.   :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>