April 27, 2024, 12:19:46 PM

Author Topic: Ghana coach Le Roy goes talent hunting  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ghana coach Le Roy goes talent hunting
« on: November 05, 2006, 08:22:33 PM »
Le Roy goes talent hunting
http://www.ghanafa.org

11/5/2006

Ghana coach, Claude Le Roy has expressed satisfaction with the standard of the domestic game as he sat through his first premiership game at the Swedru Park.

The Black Stars coach watched the match-day-IX fixture between Feyenoord Academy and Liberty Professionals which the latter won 1-0 on Sunday.

Le Roy’s mission at the Swedru Park was to look out for talent to constitute the local component of the senior national side, the Black Stars.

The plan forms part of the Football Association’s broader programme of having a large pool of players drawn across the country to challenge for positions in the Black Stars and represent the nation.

Claude Le Roy, during recess of the Feyenoord Academy and Liberty Professionals game explained that the idea of forming a local component of the Black Stars was necessary.

“I’m here to find local talent to build a local team.

“I think it’s better to get a local national side to play international games. We need to always find talent,” the Black Stars coach said.

According to Le Roy, the doors to the senior national camp remains opened to players who make the grade.

“The doors is always opened.

“I want the other players in the country to know it is possible to play.”

Claude Le Roy would continue with his talent hunt when he returns from London next week after Ghana’s international friendly against Australia.

The Black Stars’ game with the Socceroos is the third for the new coach after guiding Ghana to complete an Asian double with victories over Japan and South Korea last month.

11/5/2006

Ghana coach, Claude Le Roy has expressed satisfaction with the standard of the domestic game as he sat through his first premiership game at the Swedru Park.

The Black Stars coach watched the match-day-IX fixture between Feyenoord Academy and Liberty Professionals which the latter won 1-0 on Sunday.

Le Roy’s mission at the Swedru Park was to look out for talent to constitute the local component of the senior national side, the Black Stars.

The plan forms part of the Football Association’s broader programme of having a large pool of players drawn across the country to challenge for positions in the Black Stars and represent the nation.

Claude Le Roy, during recess of the Feyenoord Academy and Liberty Professionals game explained that the idea of forming a local component of the Black Stars was necessary.

“I think it’s better to get a local national side to play international games. We need to always find talent,” the Black Stars coach said.

According to Le Roy, the doors to the senior national camp remains opened to players who make the grade.

“The doors is always opened.

“I want the other players in the country to know it is possible to play.”

Claude Le Roy would continue with his talent hunt when he returns from London next week after Ghana’s international friendly against Australia.

The Black Stars’ game with the Socceroos is the third for the new coach after guiding Ghana to complete an Asian double with victories over Japan and South Korea last month.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Ghana coach Le Roy goes talent hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 08:29:19 PM »

But what  de arse : ent man saying this is what we ought to be doing as well? Ah doh know how many times ah saying that we paying ah flipping coach to guide  fully trained overseas professionals.
The true worth ah we cash is if  the flipping coach could take we local pros and develop a formidiable team that could play on the international level.

So he tried it aganist Japan and did not get the immediate results. Wha happen he cyar keep working with them? Look what that coach have tuh say about developing a locall squad.

HAVE WE LEARNED anything from the last Digicel Cup? lawd we qualified by the skin ah we teeth over Barbados to booth.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 08:30:50 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 08:38:59 PM »
Ok alberta

suppose he was not satisfied with the local standard.. And whim is doing the same he will pic his local squad for the digicel
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 08:50:01 PM »
That is why ah advocating for a man of Whim's alleged expertise to :

Definition of coach (verb)
forms: coached; coached; coaching
to train; to teach; to instruct; to direct; to guide; to counsel; to consult; to advise

The local fellas; oh lawd  pick a squad ah the best and train with dem  nah. Take them from they regular team and have some practise sessions nah. Lawd is that so difficult? If yuh see deficiency and yuh could help ; lawd do that nah. Yuh have tuh wait for friendly tuh  start yuh wuck?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 06:45:06 AM »
Ok alberta

suppose he was not satisfied with the local standard.. And whim is doing the same he will pic his local squad for the digicel

If you not satisfied with a standard.....then improve it. It come like a teacher realising that they have a Lower stream in academics......and throwing up their hands and saying these students eh ready to write common entrance. Get them up to the level needed to write the exam....or at least make an effort. Doing that gives the class a better chance at sucess than sitting down and just waiting.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 11:36:11 AM »
allyuh keep in mind Ghana is a nation of 22 million vs the 1.3 million in T&T. they have a  much bigger pool of talent to choose from.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 04:30:52 PM »
allyuh keep in mind Ghana is a nation of 22 million vs the 1.3 million in T&T. they have a  much bigger pool of talent to choose from.

Granted. Should that mean that since my bag of mangoes smaller than yours........I shouldnt take the time to see how many half ripe or ripe ones i have? Our smaller talent pool in fact means we have to focus more on development as we have less margin for error. Just my two cents.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>