June 16, 2024, 04:59:28 PM

Author Topic: Tobago United trio for England trial.  (Read 10076 times)

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tobago United trio for England trial.
« on: October 26, 2006, 09:33:51 PM »
Tobago United trio off on English trials.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

Three Tobago United players will leave on Wednesday for trials with English Division Two club Wycombe Wanderers for one month. Current national defender and captain of Tobago United Dwayne Jack, former youth national defender Kevin Adams and former Elizabeth College striker Garth Woodley are the three players hoping to impress the English scouts.
Tobago United head coach Peter Granville informed ‘ttproleague.com’ that the arrangement was made through his brother who is based in England.
"My brother, John Granville who was a former national goalkeeper, and serves as the goalkeeping coach at Wycombe Wanderers. He has been based in England for some 23 years now and we keep in touch on a regular basis. He has always hinted to his bosses about the players I had and now the trials have pulled through." John Granville was also a member of the Wanderers 1991 FA Trophy winning side.
Granville added, "I see Wycombe Wanderers as a very ambitious club, and doing pretty well in the second division in England at the moment, they have been producing good results sitting second on their League standings and looking towards promotion. They have recently beaten Swanson City (the club of national defender Dennis Lawrence) and Fulham in the Carling Cup but the team is rigged with a couple of injuries and they are looking to add players to strengthen their line-up."
Granville also stated, "Good things are happening for the Tobago club, and in time I expect to send more players on trials abroad to gain exposure," ended the Tobagonian.
The three players will play their last League game for the season on Tuesday against Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Tobago before leaving for England.
Another Report.

Tobago United trio for England trial.
By: Tobago News.

English Second Division football Club Wycombe Wanderers is showing interest in three Tobago United players. According to correspondence sent to the lone professional club on the island, the English club indicated that they are delighted to invite Dwayne Jack, Kevin Adams and Garth Woodley for a one month trial with the club.
Dwayne Jack, captain of Tobago United who was recently selected to play for the Trinidad and Tobago national team in a friendly encounter against Panama gave a solid performance in his second appearance for national duty.
Adams is the son of former Tobago player Ivan "Parrot" Adams who played for Tobago during the 1970s.
Adams was a former national youth player and had a stint with Columbus Crew in the US MLS Pro League while Garth Woodley, a former Charlotteville Unifier player impressed Granville a few years ago and was invited to play with Tobago United.
According to coach Granville, both Jack and Woodley are powerful six footers who are ideal for the English conditions, while Kevin Adams has the muscular built and physical strength which could endear him to English coaches. The trio is expected to be in England by November 1.

T&T trialists in action with Wycombe Wanderers Reserves.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 04:17:26 PM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tobago United Trio For England Trial
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 10:26:25 PM »
Kevin "tagan" adam never heard of him since his return to trinidad from the MLS... BEST OF luck
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Tobago United trio for England trial.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 05:55:02 AM »
Yes,

I real happy for these fellas and I want them make the most of this opportunity.

But yuh see this kinda journalism people does print and chain up people...

Dwayne Jack, captain of Tobago United who was recently selected to play for the Trinidad and Tobago national team in a friendly encounter against Panama gave a solid performance in his second appearance for national duty.

Dey must not lie to Tobago news readers. D man was shakey at best in that game.

Good luck to the trio and I hope Wycombe sign all three of you.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 06:18:52 AM »
Wycombe have a strategic plan to be in the Premiership by 2010. This will be wonderful for these fellahs if they could get chosen...

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 08:30:10 AM »
Anybody knows about Kwame Wiltshire's performance for Tobago United since he had been there?

Haven't been hearing anything about him, and he was serious death on some years a back.
“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 02:36:45 PM »
Touches, here is what i feel they mean by "solid"

no own goal + no red card + no penalty give away = solid performance

this is de formula that they used!!

ah love it!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 03:50:05 PM »
i confused but glad fuh them fellers

just imagine if tobago united loose all dem star players

malick bid fuh pro league ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 07:24:37 PM »
Good luck guys :beermug:

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 09:30:21 PM »
allyuh know how ting does happen doh be 'supprize' if dem men impress on dey visit and bid a fond farewell tuh de brothers on the island eh! :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 07:27:00 AM »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 08:43:22 AM »
allyuh know how ting does happen doh be 'supprize' if dem men impress on dey visit and bid a fond farewell tuh de brothers on the island eh! :beermug: :beermug:

That would be great. If the same thing had happened 4 or 5 yrs ago for Cyd gray I have no doubt he would have been in the premiership today. I really hope that Jack impresses.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 01:59:11 PM »
ALl the best guys insure that u get something from the opportunity not only a trip to the UK. BA does fly every thursday so u can always get to the UK
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 02:36:29 PM »
If dem fellas impress Wycombe, how exactly dey going and get ah work permit? Dwayne Jack only have 2 caps and Kevin Adams and Garth Woodley never play fuh de senior team.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 02:53:40 PM »
Good queestion dey Tallman. They probably have some ladies waiting tomarry them so they go become citizens. I does wonder why these clubs does over players trials who have a snowball hell in chance to get a work permit.

I glad the guys getting the exposeure but it have to be frustated. I hope they know they eh have a snowball chance in hell to get the permit.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 08:44:54 PM »
Peter Granville's brother (John Granville) serves as the goalkeeping coach at Wycombe Wanderers so maybe he have some links to help these players get a permit should the club decide to sign them. Look at Jones when he had signed for Southampton, he had 2/3 international caps, so maybe there's some other loop hole. ? Besdies, in these lower divisions I am sure the rules is not as strict as lets say the EPL or SPL ?

But good question they Tallman, nontheless.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 08:51:43 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 09:00:03 PM »
Peter Granville's brother (John Granville) serves as the goalkeeping coach at Wycombe Wanderers so maybe he have some links to help these players get a permit should the club decide to sign them. Look at Jones when he had signed for Southampton, he had 2/3 international caps, so maybe there's some other loop hole. ? Besdies, in these lower divisions I am sure the rules is not as strict as lets say the EPL or SPL ?

Wasnt Jones signed on a student permit??
I think it was for two years?? Not sure though, but good luck to the guys

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 06:26:28 AM »

John Granville has played for both  Millwall and Wycombe Wanderers in the 80's.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 05:45:13 PM by rastafari »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 06:33:05 AM »
Good Luck To The Trialists.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 12:00:15 PM »
Them real jokey, 3 first team players leaving, when there are games to play in the pro league and the fa cup.

On top of that we are playing Austria  next month, so i wonder what is Dwayne Jack's situation, for this match.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 12:04:49 PM »
Them real jokey, 3 first team players leaving, when there are games to play in the pro league and the fa cup.

On top of that we are playing Austria  next month, so i wonder what is Dwayne Jack's situation, for this match.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

wha dat  say when they was with the team all season they ass used to get buss so eh go make any difference if they go on trials
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 12:22:55 PM »

It doh really matter, it only have one league match after today, so is only de Big Six dat dey really missing.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 12:45:21 PM »
I could be wrong, but I think it was a Working Visa that Jones went up on initially. This allowed him to work for two years, and during that time rake up enough caps to get his permit. So far, Trinis have a good rep up here, so we tend to get Working Visas and Student Visas quite easily. It is not an impossible thing for them to do the same.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2006, 04:31:11 PM »
It doh really matter, it only have one league match after today, so is only de Big Six dat dey really missing.

Well, Tobago United didn't even qualify for the Big Six...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2006, 04:56:24 PM »

Well, Tobago United didn't even qualify for the Big Six...
I didn't even realize dat. Dem fellas plan dey trip to perfection  ;D.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 10:44:11 PM »
Three men from a team who ain't win a game for the season getting invited to trials. This is quite interesting. I wonder how they swing that
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 05:01:52 AM »
Three men from a team who ain't win a game for the season getting invited to trials. This is quite interesting. I wonder how they swing that

This is how....

Peter Granville is Tobago United's coach....understand now... ;)

Anywho I still glad for them....
 :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>