April 27, 2024, 10:56:16 PM

Author Topic: Game vs India  (Read 13222 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Game vs India
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2006, 12:23:29 PM »
i so happy we win i had to go take an exam and whole time i only saying i hope de fellas doh shit up this game eh!
dunno why we like to have these nail biting finishes but ah win is win yes
Back in Trini...

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2006, 12:25:58 PM »
congratulations Windies.. f**k India and Pakistan... war sey so.. I use to support India  all de time, I even support dem when dey beat de windies in de world cup ,  but after playing aginst dem and dem Pakistanis dem  I ah like none a dem.  f**k India and Pakistan!!!!!!!!!!!
windies pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war sey so..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »
ok on to England an  bun dem, :flamethrower: so day could have a NEW ashes to talk about  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I goin an listen to some David Rudder
Legacy Legacy
West Indies Rule for ever!!!

Jah Gol for Prime Minister in 2007

Amen... so let it be  :applause: :applause:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2006, 12:28:31 PM »
Guys wheres the credit for Samuels? I ent hearing one of you mention the boy name!

He always comes in to bat in these situations where there is nothing to gain but everything to lose.

He is the reason we all have a big smile on our face for the next week so lets give him his dues for licking that vital 4 under pressure.  :beermug:

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2006, 12:38:23 PM »
remie yuh kno what yuh say is quite true...he often is comin out at a time wen the pressure is decidedly on and any mistake results in heaps of criticism
Well done samuels for de match winning runs
Back in Trini...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2006, 12:45:18 PM »
Guys wheres the credit for Samuels? I ent hearing one of you mention the boy name!

He always comes in to bat in these situations where there is nothing to gain but everything to lose.

He is the reason we all have a big smile on our face for the next week so lets give him his dues for licking that vital 4 under pressure.  :beermug:

Fuh tru! I remember when he debuted and we were getting our arse wash up in Australia and he was the only one to put up any resistence...dise why he's muh chile fadda.  :devil:

Big win West Indies! Too bad ah couldn't watch it, buh muh fren had call meh last over cos she was tense fuh so.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2006, 01:15:30 PM »
YAY WINDIES what a nail biting finish..these boys not good for the heart nah :)
 :applause: :applause: :applause:
onto the semis.. ;D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2006, 01:58:29 PM »
i want them to comprehensively cut engalnd tail..we hadda get accustom to winning. keep the mommentum going and although iglad we win, we need to put these things to bed man.
i eh bound for no nail biting finish, cut the people arse for meh please
thanks u WI
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »
looks like pak or sa up next.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2006, 07:07:48 PM »
India's innings: http://rapidshare.com/files/807978/Ind_Inngs.wmv

West Indies' innings: http://rapidshare.com/files/822093/WI_Inngs.wmv

An hour's worth of highlights
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2006, 07:21:58 PM »
taylor and bradshaw gettin ah restm fidel and hinds will play for dem.., maybe lara out and they may play colly for practise..

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2006, 07:36:17 PM »
taylor and bradshaw gettin ah restm fidel and hinds will play for dem.., maybe lara out and they may play colly for practise..
yeah they might
but i eh want dem over do it..they need to get one team and stick with it. any ne wplayers usppose to come inaand slot and and earn thier position.
pity games eh make sense. doh rest men in form dais madness
lara injured so might eb a needed rest for grand par
lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2006, 08:40:58 PM »
India's innings: http://rapidshare.com/files/807978/Ind_Inngs.wmv

West Indies' innings: http://rapidshare.com/files/822093/WI_Inngs.wmv

An hour's worth of highlights
Whey toppa that is ah bess link lady ,thanks eh  :beermug:

PS Jah Gol :salute:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2006, 05:47:37 AM »
Best Faz article yet... :beermug:

Doing it the hard way
Fazeer Mohammed
Friday, October 27th 2006

Cause for celebration indeed, but you could understand the muted reaction from the victors.

Yesterday's nerve-jangling three-wicket win over India with two balls to spare in Ahmedabad has confirmed the West Indies' spot in the semi-finals of the Champions Trophy. Yet the manner in which the Caribbean side stumbled and almost fell flat on their faces when they should have been strolling through to a modest target of 224 runs took a lot of gloss off the effort.

Make no mistake, though, for fans who have grown depressingly accustomed to seeing their team completely self-destruct (remember South African Charl Langeveldt's hat-trick in the last over at Kensington Oval last year and the wholesale collapse against Australia in Kuala Lumpur five weeks ago?), this is a moment to savour, never mind that it was achieved at the end with more than a whiff of desperation in the air.

Dwayne Smith is almost unrecognisable from the player who scored a blazing hundred on Test debut, but it is a measure of how well so many players in this squad have worked on different aspects of their game that the Barbadian, so technically flawed as a batsman, has developed into a key member of the bowling department.

And I suppose that is what will be emphasised to the players heading into tomorrow's final group game against England.

They almost made a complete mess of the chase, but the fact that they didn't, and still managed to do just enough to reach the target, should bolster confidence that was sky-high after last week's ten-run upset of Australia.

Not so long ago, it was standard practice for the West Indies to throw it all away with a display of spectacularly nonsensical cricket. Like recovering addicts, there is still that tendency to return to the destructive habits, and it is safe to say that there are a few more occasions to come in the very near future when fans will be cussing in disbelief at how so-and-so fool threw away such-and-such match.

But the fact is that they are becoming more familiar with victory in the shorter form of the game, and that confidence is slowly taking root.

Save for the final half-an-hour yesterday, it was almost as perfect an overall effort that can be expected from what is still an inconsistent side.

Disciplined, economic bowling (with the notable exceptions of Dwayne Bravo and Chris Gayle), superb outcricket (highlighted by Smith's critical run out of Indian captain Rahul Dravid) and composed, assured pursuit of the target for most of the first 46 overs (Man of the Match Shivnarine Chanderpaul, vice-captain Ramnaresh Sarwan and Runako Morton leading the way) should not be overlooked in the inevitable preoccupation with the palpable sense of panic in the final minutes.

Jerome Taylor's pace and accuracy along with Ian Bradshaw's experience and discipline combined for five wickets for just 63 runs off 20 overs. Smith's supportive role (37 runs off his ten overs) and Marlon Samuels' nine overs that cost 35 runs would have heartened Brian Lara, even as the West Indies captain continued to feel the considerable discomfort of a back injury that seems to be more serious than first thought.

It may be sensible for him to rest from tomorrow's duel with the English, but then again, he must be so keen to maintain this winning momentum heading into next week's semi-finals and will not want to disrupt the line-up unnecessarily.

Lara expects much from his young charges, not least the genuine all-rounder Bravo, and there is almost a hint of blind faith in his fellow villager, especially when he insists on using him in the final overs.

The decision to promote Bravo to number three in the batting order served its purpose, although it is highly questionable whether it is an experiment that should be persisted with, especially when the skipper is fit and able again.

Thankfully, the rest of the top order played key roles. Even Gayle's belligerent 34 was useful in pushing the Indians on the back foot.

The half-centuries of Chanderpaul, as phlegmatic as ever in his 200th One-Day International, and Sarwan were object lessons on how runs can be accumulated steadily in limited-over matches without having to swing for the hills.

Morton, his status in the eyes of international critics elevated after scoring 90 against the Aussies eight days earlier, again emphasised that determination and discipline are more valuable attributes than style and flair.

Okay, so his attempted pull off Ajit Agarkar at the end of the 48th over was a case of poor shot selection, while the near dismissal of Samuels and the subsequent run out of Sarwan off the same delivery can be looked at with considerable humour now in the context of a match that was eventually won.

Had the result been different, all now people would still be arguing about who more doltish than who, unfairly consigning all of the previous hard work to the rubbish bin, almost as if it had never happened.

In the end, that's what really matters these days, winning or losing. For West Indians who have suffered for longer than anyone could possibly have expected after Mark Taylor's Australians claimed the Frank Worrell Trophy in 1995, we'll take a win however we can and go into the match against England knowing that while we look to the semi-finals, Andrew Flintoff's men are heading home, win, lose or tie tomorrow.

It's a good feeling.

fazeer2001@hotmail.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2006, 11:50:20 PM »
There is a new stress test in town very effective. Watch the  WI play cricket and if u eh dead you good.

Them couldmake life difficult. I sure Lara hear me scream when he out.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>