April 28, 2024, 08:17:07 PM

Author Topic: We going into an under 20 tournament with 2 unattached players  (Read 9033 times)

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We going into an under 20 tournament with 2 unattached players
« on: October 27, 2006, 07:20:24 PM »
I either blind or i am dotish, but did anybody notice that we had 2 players unattached and two players playing with lower division teams.

I don't even know if Mayaro United are playing in a recognised league,as i am still trying to find that out.

When last did Maple win anything outside the north zone?

1.Marvin James    (unattached)
2.Atullah Guerra   (unattached)
3.Hans Pierre       Maple
4.Carlon Hughes   Mayaro United

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 07:23:24 PM by rastafari »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We going into an under 20 tournament with 2 unattached players
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 07:24:30 PM »
I either blind or i am dotish, but did anybody notice that we had 2 players unattached and two players playing with lower division teams.

I don't even know if Mayaro United are playing in a recognised league,as i am still trying to find that out.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

:rotfl: easy now easy now guerra need to find a club
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 07:25:47 PM »
Apart from that one or two of the men attached to Secondary School teams. If I go into that I might hurt people feelings.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 07:28:46 PM »
Apart from that one or two of the men attached to Secondary School teams. If I go into that I might hurt people feelings.

go into it please
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 07:46:22 PM »
T&T 2006 U-20 Squad.

Goalkeepers:
1.Adrian Foncette (Fatima College).
20.Kareem Gray (St Benedict’s).

Defenders:
3.Marvin James (unattached).
4.Corneal Thomas (Superstar Rangers).
5.Devon Drayton (W Connection).
16.Brendon Boucaud (St Anthony’s).
Radhanfah Abu Bakr (Caledonia AIA).

Midfielders:
6.Khaleem Hyland (Mucurapo SC).
7.Dion Peters (Joe Public).
8.Keon Daniel (United Petrotrin).
12.Atullah Guerra (unattached).
13.Elton John (San Juan Jabloteh).
14.Hans Pierre (Maple FC).
17.Javed Mohammed (Naparima).
18.Christon Thomas (Superstar Rangers).
Stefan DeLas (Graceland University).

Forwards:
9.Aaron Downing (W Connection).
10.Matthew Barthlomew - capt - (W Connection).
11.Lester Peltier (San Juan Jabloteh).
Carlon Hughes (Mayaro United).

This is 2006 and we still choosing men from InterCol. Steups.

I prefer to see InterCol die than to see the national team suffer. Not that both entities can't progress together. Our players ought to be chosen from club football. They are exposed to better training at clubs than at schools who are simply concerned with winning.

I say once and for all if the Secondary School football does not take steps to improve it can go to hell for all I care. The youth academies are the future.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 07:46:38 PM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Hoss yuh eh see dem coach and dem rell sad boi....tell me how yuh could pick ah SSFL man in front of ah PFL man???? Dem men head no good ras....so ah say tuh ready de axe!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 07:47:26 PM »
I heard Hyland played in the U19 Pro league this year. Don't know which club but I heard he was awful all year. It sounds like fren ting was at play.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 07:49:53 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 07:57:41 PM »
T&T 2006 U-20 Squad.

Goalkeepers:
1.Adrian Foncette (Fatima College).
20.Kareem Gray (St Benedict’s).

Defenders:
3.Marvin James (unattached).
4.Corneal Thomas (Superstar Rangers).
5.Devon Drayton (W Connection).
16.Brendon Boucaud (St Anthony’s).

Midfielders:
6.Khaleem Hyland (Mucurapo SC).
7.Dion Peters (Joe Public).
8.Keon Daniel (United Petrotrin).
12.Atullah Guerra (unattached).
13.Elton John (San Juan Jabloteh).
14.Hans Pierre (Maple FC).
17.Javed Mohammed (Naparima).
18.Christon Thomas (Superstar Rangers).
Stefan DeLas (Graceland University).

Forwards:
9.Aaron Downing (W Connection).
Carlon Hughes (Mayaro United).

This is 2006 and we still choosing men from InterCol. Steups.

I prefer to see InterCol die than to see the national team suffer. Not that both entities can't progress together. Our players ought to be chosen from club football. They are exposed to better training at clubs than at schools who are simply concerned with winning.

I say once and for all if the Secondary School football does not take steps to improve it can go to hell for all I care. The youth academies are the future.

javed does play fuh united petrotrin and boucard plays for jabloteh but i get wha yuh saying but the pro league players eh stepping up... them strikers cannot score on st kitts .. well you know i think they need some pressure on them for  dat starting spot

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 09:34:31 PM »
All yuh men know what going on in them PFL youth teams?

As far as I read Naps actually have a serious coach who has a lot of help from W Connection.
If a man playing SSFL and good but doh have time to play in a PFL youth team you all saying he should be overlooked?

With the way all yuh men going it ain't go have no SSFL. The league and school spirit actually get men to run ball who may not have if he had to go find a club.

I doh know why we think we make a world cup and all of sudden the whole level of all the ballers supposed to be incredible.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 11:03:27 PM »
Very reliable sources have told me that Guerra is the next generation Hardest. Nuff ability but nuff problems.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 05:10:43 AM »
I doe see the big deal....some of them fellas does train with Pro League team. It is just they currently in School and are students and that is their official occupation. Some men in sixth form while others out on the block and d club is they form of employment.

Abu Bakr is a school boy too and he was we goalscoring hero.

Guerra is a boss....with a venomous shot.

Also the secondary schools players have been playing matches close to 3 games a week and training since May so at least they fit.

The two keepers, what wrong with them coming from SSFL.

Alyuh just hating cause its a Fatima man who starting. But the man is a good keeper and he tall.

But alyuh doe hurt yuhhead over who playing where. This team just not ready for big football and I rather we stay at home, than get a wash arse from Mexico, Usa, Canada and the rest. We do not need any more lessons in lix and humility.

Better bet is to work with the under 17's who showing more promise and whos mistakes can still be corrected.

Right now is the "Lost Generation" of ballers on display. Yuh ent see what happening in SSFL. Men doe know what it means to represent a school or country and put orn a uniform and run out under pride. Alyuh doe study these youths, just take the best of the lot...bump them up to the Olympic team and hope they get a contract somewhere along the line.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 05:17:45 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 11:15:16 AM »
I think some of the players who playing for schools are on youth teams but the papers just say they playing with the school teams.. also.. i know Marvin James is play for Rangers so is jus some lazy person in the information office didnt want to do research.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 11:37:32 AM »
Is Adrian Foncette really that good? Has he improved that much.  I am not trying to hate on the man, but what I saw of him last season I would never have envisioned him on a National team, but i am only asking.......

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 11:58:54 AM »
 i think i understand where you are coming from. however our pro football is still evolving and it is still possible at u20 level to have  a school boy who is more competent than his pro league u20 couterpart ,because he is in school is no reflection on his abilioty it just means he chose school and a potential scholarship or even other options.about palyers being unattached at u20 level that means they are training with a team but have not signed on with any one, if they are not playing or getting coaching that will be of concern.about the lower league teams remenber people were invited to training and the best were picked but i admit we should strive for your ideal where the pro league develops all our national players

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 12:10:05 PM »
Fellaz when ah ask de question about how ah coach could pick ah SSFL player in front of ah PFL player..me eh talkin about ah U-20 PFL player...ah talkin bout ah PFL senior team player..dat is jus simply ridiculous...yuh could never tell meh dat de level ah football is de same or even close in comparison...as far as I see in it..if any youth man playin senoir team football in de PFL.. ah believe he deserve ah bligh...dyez my opinion...Blessings!!
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 12:13:04 PM »
 i agree with touches we are not ready for top level preperation even the soca warriors before intervention were  losing to th e same weak carribbean sides and the u20s earlier this year were embarrrassed byi think it was dominica we need to remember these things do not b efooled by a world cup experience our players are crafty but do not have the ability to be clinical and make correct decisions .lets talk about our preparation remember the soca warrriors experience, how many camps and coaching interventions had to be made before we were ready for the world cup .what we fail to realise is that youth teams actually need more expert guidance than their senior counterparts .when will we approach things the proper way

Offline labi

• New Warrior
  • AKINLABINHO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 06:57:15 PM »
D BIGGEST PROBLEM THIS TEAM HAVE IS THAT >>>>>IT HAVE TOO MUCH UNEXPEIENCE YOUTHS THEY>>>>MEN WHO JUS GET PICK OFF OF THIER NAME ON PAPPER>>>>THAT SIDE SHUD REALL CONSIST OF TRINI PLAYERS WHO PLAYIN IN D COLLEGE LEAGUE LIKE DEVANISH N AYINDE N POMPEY ETC>>TOO MUCH FRIEND THING
akinlabinho

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 08:52:26 PM »
i eh understand this thread..somebody fill meh in..allyuh saying that SSFL players shouldn't be on the team cause they eh good enough?

the quality of players may be the reason fro the loss against St Kitts but there may be other factors such as the team was not well prepared, the coaching wasn't good...the past few years the same guys have been coaching and not getting any results..it is one out of 2 things.. the players are shit (plenty forumites does big up these players so i eh know) or the coach is shit (plenty forumites does big up Brian Williams and company so i eh know)?

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 08:56:08 PM »
Fellaz when ah ask de question about how ah coach could pick ah SSFL player in front of ah PFL player..me eh talkin about ah U-20 PFL player...ah talkin bout ah PFL senior team player..dat is jus simply ridiculous...yuh could never tell meh dat de level ah football is de same or even close in comparison...as far as I see in it..if any youth man playin senoir team football in de PFL.. ah believe he deserve ah bligh...dyez my opinion...Blessings!!

Can you please name all the players  who can play u20 who play regularly in the TT Pro League who did not get selected for this team?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2006, 09:31:05 PM »

Can you please name all the players  who can play u20 who play regularly in the TT Pro League who did not get selected for this team?
To be honest with you these 3 in particular aren't that bad, Bakr just real slow. 10 and 11 have decent pace and control. Neither are spectacularly good at finishing but there is potential.

ah tink Downing does get games too.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2006, 09:36:31 PM »

To be honest with you these 3 in particular aren't that bad, Bakr just real slow. 10 and 11 have decent pace and control. Neither are spectacularly good at finishing but there is potential.

ah tink Downing does get games too.

Should we beat st vincent tomorrow combine with st kitts loss i think we should look for a third striker to put pressure on Matthew Barthlomew & Lester Peltier i may be wrong  but it seems there is no good enough in their age group  to challenge them at the moment in tnt..

compare    Peltier and Barthlomew to nkosi blackman and jerol forbes on the under 17 team in 2001 are they  as good just curious..
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 09:50:07 PM by triniman »

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2006, 11:12:31 PM »

Ah talkin bout Larry Bacchus..ah youthman from Petrotrin..he's ah defender who could handle he stories.
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2006, 09:47:53 AM »
If Socrates was Trini ...

So we could beat Barbados on any given Sunday? Agreed or no?

Average man in the crowd: "Buh, yuh askin answers. We small men bringin' it!"

Do we want to keep handing them their asses every Sunday or would we prefer to move on?

Average man in the crowd: "Yeh, we could go an' play anedda small i-lans, den di nex one, til we beat all a dem!" 

Other average man in the crowd: "Small ting ... mos' a di neighbouring i-lans smaller dan we ... we go ha plenty opposition ...  buh small ting, daz only 'bout 12 Sundays"

[said in a self-congratulating tone; impressed with his arithmetic skills]

Average woman in the crowd: "So who we go play after dat lix share ... if lix share ... allyuh ent feel dey eh hav some yutes in one a dem i-lans who duz real geh orn?"

[as her voice trails off] " ... anyhow, I sure sure it hav more than 12"

Average man in the crowd: "Doan study she ... woman ah tired tell yuh ... dis ay netball ... dat duz only happen in netball"

Other average man in the crowd: "So wha we go do when all a dat dun ... man duz geh real bored on a Sunday ..."

Previously silent onlooker: "Dey hav bigger i-lans too ...wha 'bout di bigger i-lans ... when we go play dem ...?"

Average man in the crowd: "How you always opposing so ... we go play dem ... we go play dem at home  ... we ent frighten eh, buh coupla dem might cancel ... money nah, it duz real cost to move all dem players ... we go save ... plus dahs only ...

[turning to Other Average Man in the Crowd] ... how much Sundays dah iz ...?"

Other average man in the crowd: "Big tings, big tings ... well really no big ting eh ...dahs only 'bout five including dem people ... five ..five Sundays"

Average woman in the crowd: "Who he talkin 'bout ... d-e-m  p-e-o-p-l-e?"

Average man in the crowd: "Allyuh see wha a duz be sayin ... woman he mean DEM PEOPLE!!! ... Oh gorm man ... Jamaica!!!  DEM PEOPLE!!! Whappen, like yuh jez reach? Dem people!" ...

[continuing previous thought] "... de smaller i-lans nice to travel to nah, buh dem bigger ones have plenty problem ... home game, pack di stadium an' we in ting ... I go reach!"

Previously silent onlooker: "So we cuttin' dey arse or not, home or not?"

Average woman in the crowd: "Yeh, we cuttin' dey arse or not, home or not ... ah only askin'...?"  [said sensing a buff]

Average man in the crowd: [with a glance in contempt towards Average Woman answers reluctantly]

"Breds, I is jez yuh average man in di crowd ... how I go know?"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2006, 10:15:24 AM »
What's our standard? Are we average for the CFU? Or, are we above average?

What's our expectation? Are we expecting big-name performances simply because we view ourself as a regional big-name?

From my observation, there is much unevenness in the quality regionally.

This may influence the inconsistency in results we see, rather than the domination expected by the footballing public. 

Somebody on another thread scoffed at the suggestion that the Cubans are better than our U20s ... but was that notion dismissed on pride or dismissed on fact?

Is there a huge technical gap among our players relative to the region? I can't identify a huge technical gap among our players that would explain away our dissatisfaction.

Triniman points to tactics and I think that can't be overstated in this age range (regardless of the source of the player: school, club, youth/pro). I believe it's with tactical execution that the problem is more likely to lie.

It is this level at which executing a tactical plan becomes the key to success. Within that there has to be some good individual decision-making and creativity.

Considering tactical ability the tiebreaker and technical ability the norm or leveller, where do we stand?

Are we running this thing like average men in the crowd?

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2006, 11:00:53 AM »

Ah talkin bout Larry Bacchus..ah youthman from Petrotrin..he's ah defender who could handle he stories.

Bacchus was on the team.........he got dropped

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2006, 11:08:06 AM »

the door is  wide  open for anyone
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 11:13:34 AM by triniman »

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2006, 11:40:30 AM »

well yea, but to be honest Bacchus didnt look that impressive in the practice sessions.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2006, 12:26:59 PM »

well yea, but to be honest Bacchus didnt look that impressive in the practice sessions.

Yeah....dyez why he play against NE Stars & AIA in two winnin efforts and he in ah PFL cup final...but dyez nuh no scene too...dyez jus ah minor piece ah de pie...he ha much more better things tuh come...so no local coach could deprive him ah success...so doe study it hoss!!!
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2006, 03:23:14 PM »
yea das cool......das meh boy , i no he ah good soldier....

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2006, 06:39:02 PM »
it men that playin youth pfl football, and some of the bigger clubs who if they want can go to smaller pfl teams and be on the side, might not start but sure to get some mins,

somebody say Atullah, would be the next hardess, na bro de man gettin a level head now, de youth man stop playin gangster football, is thru he still does carry man and deal dem on de sideline, but he really settle into his own now.

but my padner supposed to be on that side anthony guppy, he was supposed to go trainin with them, but was tainin with book, and was told after to join em, but some idiot casue problems  with him gettin allowed toplay school football, when u`re a repeater u`re supose to miss 3 games befor u can play, they had about 4 ppl comin back, 2  got to play after the 3 games, one got to play after the first round and my padner got toplay afer one game in the second round, after not playin he wasn`t called up to underr 20 after

1]; } ?>