April 24, 2024, 03:00:47 PM

Author Topic: We don't have good local coaches  (Read 7898 times)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We don't have good local coaches
« on: October 28, 2006, 07:04:49 AM »
What does it take for the  authorities in T&T to realise what i have been preaching for years. WE DONT HAVE GOOD LOCAL COACHES!  Our country has been sadlled by the likes of Brian Williams. Ron laforest, BSC, Granville, Muhammad Issa, Clayton Morris, Anton Corneal and of course never ever let us forget Edgar Vidale. In all honesty though we have had two who would not qualify for the aforementioned list and that would be Alvin and Gally.

I dont know whether itsan attestation to our indisciplne as a people or the fact that we have just not been producing real quality players over the last 20 or so years. What ever it is though , i can safely say that we have been putting dunces to run scholarly classes. In other words we have been putting jackasses in horse races.

But then again what can we expect when we have a delusional, money grubbing, lying, political wannabe running our football?

I will say again, our football continues inspite of Warner. WHen he goes and a real adminstrator steps in,our football will rise again and only then can we take our rightful place as kingpins of the caribbean and big sawatee of Concacaf.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 07:10:07 AM by Tallman »

truetrini

Re: What does it take for the
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 07:37:04 AM »
reluctantly....i concur.

It seems to be a combination of several issues.

But I lay blame on the TTFF.  And Jack Warner.  We have so much money pouring out the coffers of the TTFF, is like it does leak straight in jack bank account.  Yet, we make de World Cup..a f**king fluke, and everybody get short memory.

Like Observer and me had said, we make de WC despite jack and de TTFF,and den Observer remind we..even a broken clock is right twice each day!

Trinidad is plagued by inept leaders at all levels.  The youth dem go face a tough future...not jes in sports eh, but in jes having to live in T&T. 

we seem to be content in T&T to behave
so long we have we bachannal and we jump and wave
crime, trouble in schools real rampant
and de government only building white elephant
money flowing, but it going down de drain
murder znd kidnapping ruling Port ah Spain

so we does all feel it and proclaim
dat God is ah trini, we go rise again
as we sinking, we going down and some say we go right de boat
but remember when yuh drown and yuh dead, yuh does float
dem politicans only tiefing we head, and pocketing de money
me eh care if is PNM or de f**king UNC

and den in football, de shit hit de fan
st kitts beat we, say it aint so man
and ah live to see de day we and de dominicans draw ah game
Lord have mercy, ah real, real feeling ashame
we have de best facilities in all of de west indies
and we have de wuss administrators in Jack and Ollie

so let de fools and dem continue to mout dey defense
saying jack is de reason we made we debut appearance
in ah world cup and how we play so very well, de man is ah boss
while de odder set ah jackass bray: give he de Trinity Cross
in typical Trini style we make all kinda grand plans
but we always falling short in de blasted execution

Good men does come thru de halls of de TTFF
but somehow we does only have de real shit hongs left
de TD now in charge ah training goalies
we eh have no football academy
de TTFF always broke and begging for money
and when dey have money dey cyar act honestly

de players dat take we to de world cup had ah deal
only tuh see it broken and tuh get some kind ah dotish spiel
about de money was spent on dis and on dat
when we all know it making one man pocket fat, fat, fat
and frankly ah getting real tired ah hearing all ah dat
ah need ah change as fast as yuh could say jack Sprat!

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We don't have good local coaches
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 07:47:50 AM »
Excellent reply...........perhaps you have missed your calling.......PLs ask LP to stage a coup and take back we football......ooopss hope non of JW spies read this ......btw where is the press officer?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 07:54:20 AM »
It is a fact that we do not have good INTERNATIONAL LEVEL local coaches.

But that is as a direct result of the failure of the TTFF to put the necessary infrastructure and allocate the resources necessary to facilitate their improvement.

It is flat out unfair to say "we are saddled with the likes of Brian Williams, Clayton Morris, etc" because these guys take the appointments knowing they're in a lose lose situation.  They take these jobs out of a sense of loyalty and giving back to T&T football.

That said, it is a fact that there is a cabal of people including senior coaches and past players who are myopic and frankly xenophobic in their outlook and who do their best to sabotage any efforts to bring in foreign expertise.  If those efforts are unsuccessful, they criticise and pick at every little thing

Coaches like Brian Williams, Clayton Morris, Jamal Shabazz, Stuart Charles etc are thrown to the wolves knowing that they're just there for a short time and will be out of the door in short order.

Yes....we don't have good INTERNATIONAL CLASS local coaches, but the tools they are given to work with are not anywhere near sufficient to effectively compete in todays game.  Until the TTFF becomes committed to putting into place the necessary infrastructure to improve not just the coaches, but the players and ADMINISTRATION of football, we will continue to be dependent on foreign expertise to help us to EFFECTIVELY COMPETE in the International arena.

We should have more respect for the likes of Brian Williams, Clayton Morris etc who do what they can in dire circumstances, knowing they're set up to fail.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 07:56:57 AM »
I agree they seem unaware of the preparation needed to win and to add to that further i think our players seem unprepared from a psychological pwerspective to lift their game in crunch times its very disappointing...that was the key to leo's success the ability to have players believe in their ability and play to their potential this under 20 team seems just as  medicre as some previously coached units .

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 07:59:19 AM »
very intersting perspective.  Let me state that I agree with you wholeheartedly, clayton and brian and dem is real troopers loyal to we country and football, but dey doh get de training and de mentoring dey deserve.

look at wim he get tuh work under beenies tutelage..who brian and dem wuk under again?

Jack and ollie

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 07:59:55 AM »
Excellent reply...........perhaps you have missed your calling.......PLs ask LP to stage a coup and take back we football......ooopss hope non of JW spies read this ......btw where is the press officer?

Could it be williams or the players not responding .. we did  not prepare properly ... so we must struggle i would not jess blame willimas solely ... in a way they give him a basket to carry water
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 08:01:39 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 08:06:29 AM »
Could it be williams or the players not responding .. we did  not prepare properly ... so we must struggle i would not jess blame willimas solely ... in a way they give him a basket to carry water

Of course we didn't prepare properly.  But WC aside, when do we ever?  How u go appoint a man National Coach fuh a U 20 tournament and he still have to coach he PFL team on dem game days? 

That said...we still should not have gotten the results we have gotten in this tournament to date...lack of preparation or not.  I not so sure DR or SKN had any more preparation than we did.  It may be unlikely that their respective coaches had to coach a nex team same time as de national team tho.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 08:10:11 AM by Tallman »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 08:14:42 AM »
Just a question and I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Instead of blaming the TTFF, Jack et al.

Do the local coaches on their own use their  initiative, go abroad, go to school, do coaching courses etc.

Or do they have to be invited ?

What is the cost of these courses ?

You see I want to break it down or liken it to a degree.

To get the big jobs one must be qualified...in order to do that one must be trained.....if people go and take loan to obtain degree, masters etc. in order to be qualified and have credentials and to have the theoretical knowledge of a subject matter.

Why can't this scenario work with coaches in TT.

Is it because after having all these qualifications, the Piper is the one who hires you and its all down to strings?

Or can one not obtain employment with a club team and then go abroad and ply their trade elsewhere.

Or is it that you could stay in yuh comfort zone and just rest back until its your turn to coach a TT side and hope for the best.

Or is it the local coaches duncee and have playing ability but no book sense or coaching sense. Remeber the best player does not make a good coach.

Plenty factors to consider before we write off the local coaches...but their track record or lack thereof speaks volumes.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 08:20:44 AM »
Any of you guys that posting,were you ever coaches or are presently coaching,or just talking outside of the box,are we then saying it's not only the system that's bad in T&T but the coaching as well because one can't live without the other,I've heard many times on this site man saying the pro-league is shit,we doh have enough parks and football fields,not enough local coaches to go around and an endless list of idiosyncrasies,before we blast local coaching and coaches look carefully and see which comes first,because it might be, that's all they have to work with in terms of local tools and its infrastructure.    

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 08:24:58 AM »
Just a question and I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Instead of blaming the TTFF, Jack et al.

Do the local coaches on their own use their  initiative, go abroad, go to school, do coaching courses etc.

Or do they have to be invited ?

What is the cost of these courses ?

You see I want to break it down or liken it to a degree.

To get the big jobs one must be qualified...in order to do that one must be trained.....if people go and take loan to obtain degree, masters etc. in order to be qualified and have credentials and to have the theoretical knowledge of a subject matter.

Why can't this scenario work with coaches in TT.

Is it because after having all these qualifications, the Piper is the one who hires you and its all down to strings?

Or can one not obtain employment with a club team and then go abroad and ply their trade elsewhere.

Or is it that you could stay in yuh comfort zone and just rest back until its your turn to coach a TT side and hope for the best.

Or is it the local coaches duncee and have playing ability but no book sense or coaching sense. Remeber the best player does not make a good coach.

Plenty factors to consider before we write off the local coaches...but their track record or lack thereof speaks volumes.

I know for a fact that Clayton Morris has tried many avenues to try and get a stint outside of T&T.  The fact is....coaching is a very competitive profession and you have to be

1 - LUCKY
2 - VERY GOOD

to succeed in getting a gig outside of your home country.

Somebody like Dion La Foucaude for example goes to countless courses abroad.  Has contacts in Italy etc but has his local coaching school as his main focus.  He was given a U 17 appointment, didn't pick a certain player and was never heard of again wit respeck to the National coaching setup.

I eh sayin it impossible.  But men eh jes sittin down on dey ass hopin fuh a bligh needah.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 08:27:49 AM by palos »

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 08:33:40 AM »
yeah Palos and de man he he pick..what he contributing to T&T football now..Jack son jes as shitty as Jack heself

Lo foucade geh fired after he drop he shitty ass...now he in de ttff dog house.

if yuh eh kissing jack ass....yuh goose cook

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 08:35:09 AM »
Palos, If they are doing what they are doing knowing full well that they are being set up to fail then i have even less respect for them. Being a patriot and being able to do the job you are hired to do are two different things all together. The fact is they are incompetent and incapable to do the job as their recods bear them out. These guys need to be working day in and day out in the PFL honing their skills before having the audacity of accepting an international position.

Both you and I agree that the real culprit here is tha TTFF. For the sake fo a few dollars more remaining in their pockets they would prefer hire incompetence at the expense of the nation's pride.We need men to stand up and say" Ii cant do it. this is beyond me at the moment." But instead in true Trini style (no pun intended) we have men with delusions of grandeur stepping foward to accept positions for which  they are clearly not qualified nor competent enough to hold.

This shit has to stop! If these guys want to hold international positions then make the sacrifice get the international qualifications and do their apprenticeship among youths and in the PFL over a period of many years to fully prove what they are capable of.

I hold no brief for Alvin Corneal ( God knows i dont) but he put in his time with youths ......traveled abroad with teams , got fifa qualified and what were the fruits of his labor? Almost every player from the strike squad passed under his tutelage. Show me the palyers that Williams , Morris or any other of the aforementioned have produced.

Unfair you say? Man if you decide to dance on the world stage (and it is your decision) be prepared for the glare of the bright light that is able to expose the most minute detail of your incompetence.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 08:44:20 AM »

Of course we didn't prepare properly.  But WC aside, when do we ever?  How u go appoint a man National Coach fuh a U 20 tournament and he still have to coach he PFL team on dem game days? 

That said...we still should not have gotten the results we have gotten in this tournament to date...lack of preparation or not.  I not so sure DR or SKN had any more preparation than we did.  It may be unlikely that their respective coaches had to coach a nex team same time as de national team tho.

I would like to respond from palos last paragraph but first would see it fit to undo the blatant disregard shown for our local coaches by the poster sub1. I think that was a complete diss to blame the coaches but not the system. Having said that as palos last paragraph stated; was DR or SKN better prepared for the encounter? well some might say yes because of de result but we dont know that. Is DR or SKN producing better local coaches and thats why they won de game? again speculative.... had Trinbago won both encounters would this post be posted? De poster might claim yes but i doubt it.  None of the islands have infrastructure in place to produce world class coaches, guess what, Jose mourinho wasn't an act of god, it took work & training on his part and then the experience learnt and applied to become jose mourinho. Lincoln phillips probably have the most brass where accolades are concerned, a lot more than a lot of people might know about. Wether he can be a world class coach or not i dont know but i do know that you have to put in your time and attend them seminars and various conferences, start picking up de experience, coach in different countries, atmospheres - comprehend and retain to at least be on de road to it.  Stop making it sound like great coaches are born great, because they are not. They put in the time and hard work and de dam ttff aint sending nobody nowhere to learn nothing. At least not on the scale necessary to have a wealth of upcoming World Class coaches. It was hard enough for dem to bring some body in(Leo) Yuh get what yuh money can buy and thats what we got in Beenieman. If we had more money we could have probably gotten a better result in the WC because Beenie too had his flaws. This time we went with Wim and I guess we will expect miracles. Hopefully the extent of time Wim has can act as a catylist and allow him to leapfrog even further than his accolades or experience & ability can carry him. Big up de local coaches for their effort and if i have any advice for them it would be to decide what level of coaching they would like to achieve and put in de necessary work to achieve it because yuh dont get wine from water. (except for in books).
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 08:54:40 AM »
Palos, If they are doing what they are doing knowing full well that they are being set up to fail then i have even less respect for them. Being a patriot and being able to do the job you are hired to do are two different things all together. The fact is they are incompetent and incapable to do the job as their recods bear them out. These guys need to be working day in and day out in the PFL honing their skills before having the audacity of accepting an international position.

Both you and I agree that the real culprit here is tha TTFF. For the sake fo a few dollars more remaining in their pockets they would prefer hire incompetence at the expense of the nation's pride.We need men to stand up and say" Ii cant do it. this is beyond me at the moment." But instead in true Trini style (no pun intended) we have men with delusions of grandeur stepping foward to accept positions for which  they are clearly not qualified nor competent enough to hold.

This shit has to stop! If these guys want to hold international positions then make the sacrifice get the international qualifications and do their apprenticeship among youths and in the PFL over a period of many years to fully prove what they are capable of.

I hold no brief for Alvin Corneal ( God knows i dont) but he put in his time with youths ......traveled abroad with teams , got fifa qualified and what were the fruits of his labor? Almost every player from the strike squad passed under his tutelage. Show me the palyers that Williams , Morris or any other of the aforementioned have produced.

Unfair you say? Man if you decide to dance on the world stage (and it is your decision) be prepared for the glare of the bright light that is able to expose the most minute detail of your incompetence.

I think it's much less delusions of grandeur and much more an answer to the call of duty.

I hear you when you say men should stand up and say no but I understand the mindset that says if my country calls, I answer.

Besides.....their mindset may also include a feeling that the ones who are ultimately hurt are the players.  Again, I see where you're coming from but unless yuh in a man shoes, yuh really cyah judge him.

Respeck

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 09:02:07 AM »
Buh wait....when a local coach like Hanibal Najar who had the qualifications took over some of youll were still bumping your gums about how he eh good....

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 09:06:40 AM »
It is a fact that we do not have good INTERNATIONAL LEVEL local coaches.

But that is as a direct result of the failure of the TTFF to put the necessary infrastructure and allocate the resources necessary to facilitate their improvement.

It is flat out unfair to say "we are saddled with the likes of Brian Williams, Clayton Morris, etc" because these guys take the appointments knowing they're in a lose lose situation.  They take these jobs out of a sense of loyalty and giving back to T&T football.

That said, it is a fact that there is a cabal of people including senior coaches and past players who are myopic and frankly xenophobic in their outlook and who do their best to sabotage any efforts to bring in foreign expertise.  If those efforts are unsuccessful, they criticise and pick at every little thing

Coaches like Brian Williams, Clayton Morris, Jamal Shabazz, Stuart Charles etc are thrown to the wolves knowing that they're just there for a short time and will be out of the door in short order.

Yes....we don't have good INTERNATIONAL CLASS local coaches, but the tools they are given to work with are not anywhere near sufficient to effectively compete in todays game.  Until the TTFF becomes committed to putting into place the necessary infrastructure to improve not just the coaches, but the players and ADMINISTRATION of football, we will continue to be dependent on foreign expertise to help us to EFFECTIVELY COMPETE in the International arena.

We should have more respect for the likes of Brian Williams, Clayton Morris etc who do what they can in dire circumstances, knowing they're set up to fail.
        :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
 Palos you could not have said it better,it's been going on for years,every local coach we ever had in T&T has either been fired or recycled at some time,is true our hands are tied unless we pick up a foreign Coach,our Coaches are not exposed enough to international Football/Courses.  

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 09:08:11 AM »
Buh wait....when a local coach like Hanibal Najar who had the qualifications took over some of youll were still bumping your gums about how he eh good....

Please tell us what qualifications Najar has to lead ANY  senior National team?

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 09:17:14 AM »
Knee jerk reaction is counterproductive. There are a number of excellent coaches in T&T.  If you are looking for experienced international coaches, the list is quite short but it appears that people are being given a chance at the youth level.

If men like Brian have to start from scratch and try to prepare a team of 19 year olds to compete then they are at a big disadvantage to countries where there is a youth development structure. To have to teach technique and simple tactical awareness at the U 20 level is asking a lot of any coach. When Wim talks bout rocks vs diamonds, men get vex but that is what we are dealing with.

To "develop" a national U20 team capable of competing at regional and world level requires that the ground work be done with the players at the U14, U16 and U18 levels so that when they step into a training camp for a national U20 team the coaches have something to build on.

If you care about development then your most talented coaching staff not assigned to the senior team should be devoted to it. You need to train coaches to train young players.  Not everybody can walk on the field and decide to coach a senior team. Somebody has to look after the progress of the next generation of players

Touches say that qualifying as a coaching should be like earning a degree. Well, there are a numerous courses available to T&T based coaches. Only if they choose to go in with open minds and take what they learn back to the youth level then the real benefits of coursework can be realised.  If they have  closed minds ignoring ideas that are new to them because they already "know" the game them the time and money devoted to hosting those courses is wasted. 

If you think those courses aren't sufficient then the FA, the DFB, the KNVB, UEFA, the CBF, the USSF are all valid.  In those systems they you have  a progression of teaching and testing from entry level youth through Pro certificates. Once you get to the highest level, then you have to maintain your certification by auditing updated courses our attending continuing education seminars. 

That sounds like a lot of work right? Its also quite expensive.  Are our full time "coaches" prepared to do that kind of work to learn their craft? Once they learn are they prepared to apply their knowledge at the grassroots level where there is little or no glory?  Are they prepared to share with other coaches who don't have the means to go on those courses? Are the coaches who haven't been schooled prepared to listen to those who have been? Is there any reward for the coach who takes the initiative and finds a way to finance his coaching education?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 04:53:21 AM by Lightning »
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »
Do you think that if Brian was coaching a team such as Holland, or Enland of Costa Rica or Brazil, or USA, or Mexico that he would retain his job?

I would hazard to guess he would be replaced right now and his assistant take over.

This si not an indictment against him, but as you said it is illustrating the hurry up come attitude of the TTFF and its Director of Youth development..who ahs no clue..Anton Corneal!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2006, 10:15:08 AM »
Do you think that if Brian was coaching a team such as Holland, or Enland of Costa Rica or Brazil, or USA, or Mexico that he would retain his job?

I would hazard to guess he would be replaced right now and his assistant take over.

This si not an indictment against him, but as you said it is illustrating the hurry up come attitude of the TTFF and its Director of Youth development..who ahs no clue..Anton Corneal!

If Brian Williams  was coaching Holland, Brazil ... then he may not have been in the situation he in now. First of all the players on this level would have been technically sound. Second of all he would not have played Barbados and a PFL side as the only match preparation. Third of all at the U20 level he would have been coaching professionals who are back from their club.

Men need to analyze the situation within the bounds of our reality. I sure all yuh men remeber Saviaola from the youth WC. At that point he could have probably gotten a starting position on our senior team. By the age of twenty most other country's ballers are well seasoned and know their career path. In T&T we have men who 25 and up now trying to get their first break.

Yes our situation should be blamed on local coaches but all the blame cannot be their burden. The TTFF have a bi role to play in this.

How many people on this form ever went to and U14 or U16 match? We always seeing VIDEOS about youth prodigies from other countries while we can't even get a scouting report from T & T. 

No matter how great a chef is, if the ingredients bad and the equipment faulty the food could only taste so good.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2006, 10:28:12 AM »

If Brian Williams  was coaching Holland, Brazil ... then he may not have been in the situation he in now. First of all the players on this level would have been technically sound. Second of all he would not have played Barbados and a PFL side as the only match preparation. Third of all at the U20 level he would have been coaching professionals who are back from their club.

Men need to analyze the situation within the bounds of our reality. I sure all yuh men remeber Saviaola from the youth WC. At that point he could have probably gotten a starting position on our senior team. By the age of twenty most other country's ballers are well seasoned and know their career path. In T&T we have men who 25 and up now trying to get their first break.

Yes our situation should be blamed on local coaches but all the blame cannot be their burden. The TTFF have a bi role to play in this.

How many people on this form ever went to and U14 or U16 match? We always seeing VIDEOS about youth prodigies from other countries while we can't even get a scouting report from T & T. 

No matter how great a chef is, if the ingredients bad and the equipment faulty the food could only taste so good.

sir I am in no way disputing what you said...but did you read my ENTIRE post?  or did you miss dis part?

[/b]

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 10:41:25 AM »
As I said earlier this week Alvin Corneal said that DR game was a good one. He was being too soft on the coach then.

Corneal was wong but I don't believe that we should do the opposite. I am all for putting pressure on the coach but as far as calling him shithound, I won't do it just yet. Fellas that sqaud is not impressive at all. I wasn't expecting much from them anyway. Hopefully they are late bloomers.

It saddens me that we still don't have a good youth program in place. We aren't using our resources well enough to consistently produce good players and good teams.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 10:52:38 AM »
I will say one last time...the problem with our football, lies outside the football arena...I wouldn't go into the long winded explanations I have done in the pass...I am sure if ppl think outside of the field they can come up with all the same points I see...good luck

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 11:01:39 AM »
Fellas, we are all as infuriated as anyone can be about what is going on  with our football.......at ALL LEVELS!!  The TTFF has a responsibility and an OBLIGATION to set certain standards and in some cases, even sponsor coaches to go on certain courses if they TRULY  are interested in developing our football from the grassroots level on up.  Under 7's, Under 8's. all the way up to our Olympic teams, men and women.  I am all for the men that go their own way (like the corneals) and get their necessary badges and run their schools........but the corneals and dem is politicians, who ent necessarily being selfless in their efforts, (and I am putting that nicely so as to not upset anybody)  If we could spend money on all dem stadia, then we could sponsor a few coaches to get their badges, at least, and start working on building some regional acadamies, even having them headquartered out of these same stadia.  Does jackula need to pocket ALL of the damned money so?  People like Shaka and Latas are automatically qualified for UEFA "B" Licences, you think jack and ollie would put them men to use when their playing days are over?  But I would also ask of them, what they are willing to give back to our football as well.    

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline QRC_boy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2006, 12:10:38 PM »
Think some of we have the right idea and some missing the point. As I see it the first thing to be done is fix and actually set up a proper youth development plan. When they start to get that going they need to get the local coaches together and have regular meetings with them as to what they see as problems in the system. When need to select some coaches and get them out there to some of these courses out there whether is UEFA badge or USSF badge but get them out there to experience different styles. What we need to do is have a sort of coaching panel with the more senior guys that would be in line to coach national teams and have these go out.

Next everytime we talk about preparing for tournaments we do the same damn crap....play local teams from PFL etc..but if the quality of these teams is truely lacking then it does nothing for the team preparing for teh tourny as all teh PFL guys will try to do is rough up teh players and try dribble man in an attempt to regain some pride from years gone by. Go to other islands and play...play in tournaments. Why not start a regional tournament.... I remember my pops telling me about great teams Suriname had etc. play some of these places.

Next thing and it irks me as a past US university player.....why dont they get some of the players in the US to come back.....Is it the same crap that I always heard? that if you on scholarship you only on books and football is for ppl who doh get that chance to go school foriegn?  Its crap how many players over the years that have gone on scholarship that would have been great National players......Hisham Gomes, Michael Peters, Jason Duncan, Santana, Hirandi Elie, Jason Suite, Vladimir Suite, Anthony Horton, and the list could go on....Why did they not call back players for a week to play these games. We are in October, the semester ends second week of december. they are not going to miss exams.

TTFF is unprepared, ineffective and a lot of the administration needs to be moved!!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2006, 03:03:02 PM »

So why did we lose to St kitts ? they have all dem tings we asking for now ? I could hazard a guess that we still better off than them in terms of facilities etc. ...why we ducking de facts ...Poor preparation, lack of coaching expertise and inflated egos are on the front burner ! Check de comments made by the coaches before de tournament...it is the same for every tournament...we always confident before and could explain why we lose after ! Check de records Lookloy, corneal, Issa , la forest ..( we doh have to know about dem deh have to know about we ) ..den what ?
Why we expect different results if we continue to do the same things ?

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2006, 03:19:05 PM »
On another issue. some men have said that there was not proper preparation by the U20's for this tournament, but when Anton Corneal wanted to properly prepare the U17's for the upcoming tournament by taking the players out of the SSFL to begin the strength and physical prep everybody have something to say against the idea. Do we as a  people know what, and how long it takes to prepare a team for a tournament?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2006, 03:23:59 PM »
On another issue. some men have said that there was not proper preparation by the U20's for this tournament, but when Anton Corneal wanted to properly prepare the U17's for the upcoming tournament by taking the players out of the SSFL to begin the strength and physical prep everybody have something to say against the idea. Do we as a  people know what, and how long it takes to prepare a team for a tournament?

:applause:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2006, 03:33:50 PM »
 I AGREE WITH PALOS THE PROBLEM IS  LACK OF ADEQUATE SUPPORT FOR COACHES .firstly for years our coaches were day job people rushing from work to coach people children for free theer are many coaches who are in fact heroes ,we will be foolish to compare our coaches with those at international level like beenhacker and simoes who have been afforded the training and experience to ply their trade for a living.we also fail to realise that coaching has many diffetrent aspects to it most international coaches are good tacticians few actually are good coaches aka teachers. we berate bertil st clair as an international coach ,but he might actually be an expert youth coach. skill aquisition takes months of daily work with athletes ,coaches in trinidad  have been known to get a phone call in the middle of the night asking them to take a team to the qualifiers in three weeks. these men are either heroes or fools for taking these impossible assignments,another important factor trinis need patience both the coaches and commentors alike such as those on this site. williams ia in his early 40's so too is morrris jose marinho was an assisstant to many coaches before striking it big; the number of coaches that started out as physical education teachers is phenominal. a coach takes years to develop .canada and the US are big countries with far more resources than us and i dont see any outstanding coaches emerging from either nation ,they have systems in place and use their available resources wisely ,lets put things in perspective williams and these fellas have potential, we must not right them off but put them in the correct station and give them the support they need to develop .

1]; } ?>